Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Cowman posted:

Simply how could you do this you had the victory in your hands and you squeezed

edit: phew beardman was ok and kept his seat

But when will he make a move on that grill???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Time to do literally anything other than watch this until tomorrow

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Crain posted:

and now i sleep.

gently caress you fire emblem

But they're doing a multiplayer Mario 64 hack next, I think that one got met. Go to sleep AFTER that

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Gamma Nerd posted:

he stopped devoting his time to SM64, and got overtaken in the leaderboards

the gen 1 speedrun stars will all be dead before too long

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

The only time I've seen fire emblem being remotely entertaining to watch, even as a fan of the games, was the one from the bonus stream of the guy who lost the bid war to the terrible Sacred Stones guy. Because it was the rng manipulation playthrough, where you got to see basically everything work perfectly, and he would always get the crit he needed and the exact number of skillups he needed, because it's all planned out in advance. But even then it was only interesting as someone who played the game, I can't imagine why they would put this in at primetime the first day.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Cowman posted:

I've never actually watched a Fire Emblem run but I know the game is slow and boring as hell (good though) so I'm not too excited :(

And completely random with the level ups which are required to do well! Don't forget that!

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

nerdbot posted:

But they're doing a multiplayer Mario 64 hack next, I think that one got met. Go to sleep AFTER that

I was worried I missed that or they skipped it.

Unrelated, how come Moosh is so much in the lead with Ricky is dead last? Is it because of the Yetee shirt? Last time they had an incentive for animal partner, it was the exact opposite (which was sad because Moosh is top tier and Ricky is literal trash garbage).

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.
Wait aren't they doing the 16-star SM64 run first? Why is everyone ducking out for FE now?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Moosh is my favorite

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Your Computer posted:

Unrelated, how come Moosh is so much in the lead with Ricky is dead last? Is it because of the Yetee shirt? Last time they had an incentive for animal partner, it was the exact opposite (which was sad because Moosh is top tier and Ricky is literal trash garbage).

Hey.

gently caress you.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
Hold that dial.

SWMadness posted:

Wait aren't they doing the 16-star SM64 run first? Why is everyone ducking out for FE now?

Forgot about that!

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

nerdbot posted:

IMO it's not the fact that they read sad comments, so much as they choose really awkward times to read them, or follow them up with jokey comments.

I love Spike "Two Anime Character Names Mashed Together" Vegeta but I feel like he's the most guilty out of any of the donation readers of just, not reading the mood and saying donation comments in order, as he gets them, instead of when they're appropriate.

*Appropriate* times to read a comment about death, such as during the Boo level.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Gils posted:

The only time I've seen fire emblem being remotely entertaining to watch, even as a fan of the games, was the one from the bonus stream of the guy who lost the bid war to the terrible Sacred Stones guy. Because it was the rng manipulation playthrough, where you got to see basically everything work perfectly, and he would always get the crit he needed and the exact number of skillups he needed, because it's all planned out in advance. But even then it was only interesting as someone who played the game, I can't imagine why they would put this in at primetime the first day.

11 30 on a work night EST is hardly primetime

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007
I can't believe how excited I am for some Fire Emblem!

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Gils posted:

I don't even think Fire Emblem drags in big donations like the obligatory FF/Chrono Trigger speedruns. There's interesting things about FE speedruns, I'd have put it a little later at night than they did.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I'll probably come back for oracle of ages

I know nothing about the oracle games

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Cicadas! posted:

Hey.

gently caress you.

What's it like over in the Bad Opinion Zone.

voltcatfish posted:

Moosh is my favorite

:yeah:

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Cowman posted:

Simply how could you do this you had the victory in your hands and you squeezed

edit: phew beardman was ok and kept his seat

he had the race given to him on a silver platter....and he dropped the platter

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

voltcatfish posted:

Moosh is my favorite

:yeah:

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
drat red shirt swooped in and made a move on the girl nice

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

OatmealRaisin posted:

I can't believe how excited I am for some Fire Emblem!

Path of Radiance! connotes excitement.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

disjoe posted:

*Appropriate* times to read a comment about death, such as during the Boo level.

I just mean maybe not immediately stick a death comment in after someone cracks a joke on the couch, maybe don't bookend someone's sad cancer story with two "KILL THE ANIMALS WOOOOO" donations. Give it some breathing room.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

as an entertainment product, the donation comments are all bad. but I guessss it's nice that they raise a million dollars for doctors withour boders, hopefully that can cover the next hospital nato blows up

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I'm more excited about watching the crowd than watching fire emblem.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Blockhouse posted:

I'll probably come back for oracle of ages

I know nothing about the oracle games

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

I'm the guy macking on the women sitting next to me while the guy on the other side of me suddenly realizes he's on camera with nearly 200k people watching.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Roflan posted:

I'm the guy macking on the women sitting next to me while the guy on the other side of me suddenly realizes he's on camera with nearly 200k people watching.

He needs to sit right next to her!

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012
love these roundtables

also a bit surprised cheese is 20

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

nerdbot posted:

I just mean maybe not immediately stick a death comment in after someone cracks a joke on the couch, maybe don't bookend someone's sad cancer story with two "KILL THE ANIMALS WOOOOO" donations. Give it some breathing room.

They're the same comment, so that would be hard. So many people talking about how they/their family/their spouse is dying horribly of cancer and ending it on "btwz KILL THEM ALL" :eng99:

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

Fighting cold hands with mad jacket strats.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
"I guess I played well" - a man who spent much of the last two hours brutally murdering two other people

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Your Computer posted:

They're the same comment, so that would be hard. So many people talking about how they/their family/their spouse is dying horribly of cancer and ending it on "btwz KILL THEM ALL" :eng99:

funny how they arent bothered about it but you are, huh

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007

The REAL Goobusters posted:

He needs to sit right next to her!

He's got time. Fire Emblem is a slow burn.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Your Computer posted:

Right. I'm conflating two different awkward situations, sorry. That's the more tricky one.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

lets hang out posted:

funny how they arent bothered about it but you are, huh

really makes u think

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
This is very awkward

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

these people are such goobers

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
So weird to see Feasel without a weird filter over his face.

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

I can't tell if The Great Autissimus is actually bragging about his performance or if they're kidding around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012
holy poo poo puncay is a douche

• Locked thread