Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

I wasn't paying attention, have they said what the stat growths are for characters?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

symbolic posted:

I recommend rewatching the Prince of Persia run from SGDQ 2015 until LoZ: Oracle of something is ready.

This was one of those really incredible runs that no one who sleeps at reasonable hours saw, right? I remember nothing about it except that I saw it live with low expectations and enjoyed the hell out of it.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

they hit $100,000

are they ever gonna mention that

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

voltcatfish posted:

they hit $100,000

The Twitter just mentioned it

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Cowman posted:

yea me too. I hope it's a good run. runner is more interesting at least :)

holy poo poo he's getting into history. this is like an informative LP mixed with speedrunning. neato.

Is that the one where everything that could possibly go wrong did? Because that guy was super cool about it and it was still a good watch

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Please put this in the OP and also at the top of every page thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b56N17d4WnM

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Why is all the poo poo i want to watch tommorow so super early on in the morning :(

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

voltcatfish posted:

they hit $100,000

The announcer probably fell asleep.

Zombies magazine
Oct 17, 2005

Firmly grasp the :kazooieass:

Jesus Fire Emblem is like the most hype deflating game to end the day. Oracle of Ages next seems like the most interesting game ever in comparison.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

nerdbot posted:

This was one of those really incredible runs that no one who sleeps at reasonable hours saw, right? I remember nothing about it except that I saw it live with low expectations and enjoyed the hell out of it.
It was midnight EST, so kind of.

Red Red Blue posted:

Is that the one where everything that could possibly go wrong did? Because that guy was super cool about it and it was still a good watch
Yeah, it was basically Murphy's Law: The Game. Henneko_ was such a good sport about it all, though. I don't think he showed frustration once.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

I started watching the PoP run and ya it's really good. I also came back to completely dead air :lol:

oh good he's got a broken weapon so maybe it won't go badly

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Why is all the poo poo i want to watch tommorow so super early on in the morning :(

Gotta have room for a four hour Kingdom Hearts run in the early evening.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

West Ham Sandwich posted:

Jesus Fire Emblem is like the most hype deflating game to end the day. Oracle of Ages next seems like the most interesting game ever in comparison.
I think it's very considerate of the planners to have a late night run that will put people to sleep

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

I mean the completely broken weapons in the Japanese version makes this a lot better because he's killing poo poo way faster.

now they said we broke the 100k barrier

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

The night that contained PoP last Summer was probably the best night of SGDQ 2015 IMO. Earthbound, PoP, Deus Ex, and than a bunch of strange, obscure games like Hello Kitty: Roller Rescue, Samurai Pizza Cats, and Chester Cheetah: Wild Wild Quest. It was worth the 4 hours of sleep I had before work.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
I enjoy fire emblem

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

symbolic posted:

The night that contained PoP last Summer was probably the best night of SGDQ 2015 IMO. Earthbound, PoP, Deus Ex, and than a bunch of strange, obscure games like Hello Kitty: Roller Rescue, Samurai Pizza Cats, and Chester Cheetah: Wild Wild Quest. It was worth the 4 hours of sleep I had before work.

that does sound like a really good night. how long was all that?

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
While we bitch about bad games, to end the night

imagine those in other time zones where this sorta poo poo starts their day.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I like the longer runs, since I don't have to pay a whole lot of attention, and occasionally I look back and am like "wait what the hell is going on."

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Cowman posted:

that does sound like a really good night. how long was all that?
Earthbound started at 10:19 PM and the last run I caught was Stretch Panic that ended at about 7 AM. I forgot that the block from Hello Kitty through Panic was called Silly Games Done Quick. We need more of those.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

sure is exciting watching this guy level this anime babe up a whole bunch.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Jesus I think they lost like 30k viewers.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Alteisen posted:

mine doesn't show viewer count, what is it right now

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Alteisen posted:

SM64 co-op ended with around 145K viewers, so they lost over 40K. :laffo:

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

I am stuck at work, I am actually working now my work is more interesting then Fire Emblem speed runs.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
hero soldier!!!

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

lol if you arent hype about the npc soldier getting a crit

Ahh Yes
Nov 16, 2004
>_>
I'll keep the stream going, but I'm making a tiki masala curry for dinner. By then, this gam might be over and we may continue Klappa

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Alteisen posted:

http://irc.alligatr.co.uk/agdq16/

according to this the set up actually gained 10k viewers and then they lost them all

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

The way that guy is saying Marcia is bugging me way more than it should

Also you guys do realize it's getting late on a Sunday night right? People like, go to bed and stuff

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Ahh Yes posted:

I'll keep the stream going, but I'm making a tiki masala curry for dinner. By then, this gam might be over and we may continue Klappa

i went and got some wagyu beef pho, it was a good choice

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Lid posted:

http://irc.alligatr.co.uk/agdq16/

according to this the set up actually gained 10k viewers and then they lost them all

It sucks if you click on the details for each game. A bunch of people left before the cool co-op Mario 64 thinking FE was up.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Ugh, totally annoyed that this stuff is going on when I'm sitting here totally bored, but Prinny will be playing almost entirely during the short window when I'll be like, driving and getting set up at the dialysis clinic today so I'll probably miss most of that. Dammit.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Red Red Blue posted:

The way that guy is saying Marcia is bugging me way more than it should

Also you guys do realize it's getting late on a Sunday night right? People like, go to bed and stuff

Yeah, this sort of stuff is expected. If you're gonna have a long, niche game it should be at a downer time, so they're not burning through shorter, more generally interesting runs when people are less likely to be awake/around/watching. The people who want to watch it will be there anyway, and if the run turns out to be fun for others then it can get popular on archival viewings.

Plus, those runs can turn out to be interesting, so I'd say we wouldn't want to lose them completely. One of my favorite GDQ runs is Thousand Year Door, which was in a similar timeslot.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Cleretic posted:

Yeah, this sort of stuff is expected. If you're gonna have a long, niche game it should be at a downer time, so they're not burning through shorter, more generally interesting runs when people are less likely to be awake/around/watching. The people who want to watch it will be there anyway, and if the run turns out to be fun for others then it can get popular on archival viewings.

Plus, those runs can turn out to be interesting, so I'd say we wouldn't want to lose them completely. One of my favorite GDQ runs is Thousand Year Door, which was in a similar timeslot.

Pretty much this, yeah. It's worth remembering too that there has to be a reasonable stopping point for people at the event (both viewers and staff) to take a break and get some sleep and not feel like they're going to miss a dozen runs in the meanwhile. It follows the pattern of every GDQ, pretty much: http://irc.alligatr.co.uk/agdq15/

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Jesus, I have no interest in watching a Fire Emblem run either, but it's the middle of the night and they put on something slow for people who enjoy this sort of thing. Are the people who put on a free marathon for your pleasure not precisely matching your tastes 24 hours a day? Boo hoo.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Do they have a second couch in the back now? :lol:

flatluigi posted:

Pretty much this, yeah. It's worth remembering too that there has to be a reasonable stopping point for people at the event (both viewers and staff) to take a break and get some sleep and not feel like they're going to miss a dozen runs in the meanwhile. It follows the pattern of every GDQ, pretty much: http://irc.alligatr.co.uk/agdq15/

God drat I forgot how popular I Wanna Be The Booshy was. Almost want to go see that again.

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

Those assholes, why aren't there nothing but games I want to watch for the entire marathon! Because I'm gonna somehow stay up for the entire week and never stop watching

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Do they have a second couch in the back now? :lol:

God drat I forgot how popular I Wanna Be The Booshy was. Almost want to go see that again.

Its mostly because of Witwix he's one of the most entertaining streamers around.

• Locked thread