Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
I don't mind this run because I learned a couple new things about one of my favorite Fire Emblem games, sorry the world doesn't revolve around your tastes if you hate it :geno:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

How Rude posted:

I don't mind this run because I learned a couple new things about one of my favorite Fire Emblem games, sorry the world doesn't revolve around your tastes if you hate it :geno:

game seems cool. it's just really boring is all :geno:

although the 255 crit glitch is pretty great I gotta say

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
2+ hour "speedrun" for the occasional "oh neat" trick is dumb

they should do a 16 hour San Andreas 100% speedrun instead

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

HoneyBoy posted:

I'd watch it

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

HoneyBoy posted:

I would totally watch that, if only to possibly catch police cars from heaven.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

HoneyBoy posted:

i think adam_ak runs that game, so he could actually make me watch a run like that

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

miracle

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

voltcatfish posted:

i think adam_ak runs that game, so he could actually make me watch a run like that

adam_ak owns, is he doing any speedruns for this marathon?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

voltcatfish posted:

Last I heard he's boycotting GDQ over something or other.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

FirstAidKite posted:

It doesn't look like it.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

FirstAidKite posted:

adam_ak and iateyourpie are not attending this year.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

The Kins posted:

symbolic posted:

It doesn't look like it.

smell this posted:

adam_ak is not attending this year.

Oh drat

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

The Kins posted:

why?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
It's been a while so maybe cooler heads have prevailed or whatever but I think it was over the treatment of the Crash Bandicoot loser from last year or whenever it was?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

He and Joshimuz were both on their respective twitch channels talking about how they think the way *GDQ events are run is lovely and neither would attend them unless things change.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

The Kins posted:

It's been a while so maybe cooler heads have prevailed or whatever but I think it was over the treatment of the Crash Bandicoot loser from last year or whenever it was?

Cubey posted:

He and Joshimuz were both on their respective twitch channels talking about how they think the way *GDQ events are run is lovely and neither would attend them unless things change.

oh that makes sense.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD
There were easily enough Resident Evil, Silent Hill and other survival horror game submissions for an entire block of awesome runs but nah, we need more multiple hour JRPG runs that 90% of the people watching actively poo poo on :shepicide:

At least we get a single RE Remaster run by Carcinogen.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Cubey posted:

yeah let's loving boycott those charity events!!! that'll show them!

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

If it helps Adam_AK was also one of the guys who insisted that you had to beat GTAV with a very specific ending because it was canon and the other, quicker ending should not count or what the gently caress ever so maybe it's not a huge loss.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

How Rude posted:

yeah let's loving boycott those charity events!!! that'll show them!

people boycott charity events because they disagree with the administration a lot. doesn't mean they hate what the charity is raising money for.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD posted:

There were easily enough Resident Evil, Silent Hill and other survival horror game submissions for an entire block of awesome runs but nah, we need more multiple hour JRPG runs that 90% of the people watching actively poo poo on :shepicide:

that would have been pretty cool. I'm surprised they let Outlast in since that's full of dicks and mutilation.

edit: don't they discourage cursing on air? there's a lot of cursing in Outlast alongside the dicks and mutilation. Seems weird that they let that in but won't let the runners curse.

Cowman fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Jan 4, 2016

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Awesome Internet Subculture Balkanization Done Quick

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

symbolic posted:

The night that contained PoP last Summer was probably the best night of SGDQ 2015 IMO. Earthbound, PoP, Deus Ex, and than a bunch of strange, obscure games like Hello Kitty: Roller Rescue, Samurai Pizza Cats, and Chester Cheetah: Wild Wild Quest. It was worth the 4 hours of sleep I had before work.

I loved Silly Games Done Quick. I loved how Hello Kitty Roller Rescue was actually exciting as gently caress to watch.

You know what I want, I want a cat block with Hello Kitty Roller Rescue and A Week of Garfield getting a reprise.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD posted:

I say this as someone who runs a handful of Silent Hill games obsessively myself, you would really tire of an entire block of that poo poo. They're really hard to carry as marathon games and most of the SH submissions probably wouldn't have been carried well.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Cowman posted:

people boycott charity events because they disagree with the administration a lot. doesn't mean they hate what the charity is raising money for.

yeah except it comes off as petulant and selfish of them to act that way

I don't know exactly what would make someone boycott AGDQ other than being a big baby about something trivial

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

How Rude posted:

I don't know exactly what would make someone boycott AGDQ other than being a big baby about something trivial

that's totally true. I was just saying that the disagreement is with the administration rather than the charity aspect.

edit: I say this as someone who hasn't kept up with the silly drama and don't really care other than to laugh at it. I just don't think it's bad to boycott a charity if you feel like the administration is doing things wrong and won't change.

Cowman fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Jan 4, 2016

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

How Rude posted:

does it? the administration and organisation of the stuff leading up to this year's GDQ has been a complete clusterfuck and I definitely understand not wanting to bother with that poo poo.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

It's still hard to top this when it comes to viewer killing awkwardness:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHQGx-vXaM8

"This game is very deep"
*Gets powerup that gives the little girl character giant tits*

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

I say this as someone who runs a handful of Silent Hill games obsessively myself, you would really tire of an entire block of that poo poo.

If all the SIlent Hill games were played back to back, yeah I agree. But you could have a single evening of survival horror with a mixture of SIlent Hill, Resident Evil, Dino Crisis, Fatal Frame, Clock Tower etc

Spooky block would own :colbert:

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

The_Franz posted:

"This game is very deep"

there is not a woman in that room :lol:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

nerdbot posted:

You know what I want, I want a cat block with Hello Kitty Roller Rescue and A Week of Garfield getting a reprise.
I'd donate all of my life savings if they had that and ran Socks the Cat Rocks the Hill.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

The_Franz posted:

"This game is very deep"

yikes that guy's hair

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

symbolic posted:

I'd donate all of my life savings if they had that and ran Socks the Cat Rocks the Hill.

Don't forget Samurai Pizza Cats on the NES.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

From 146K viewers to 88K. At least LoZ will bring people back.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

20 minutes under estimate way to go dude

also good music choice

"My mom died from cancer"

"Yeaaaahhhahahhh wooahoaahh"

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
God, I love the Oracle games :swoon:

even if they're mediocre compared to the masterpiece that's Link's Awakening

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

ah drat all the good games that I want to see are tomorrow morning while I am working :(

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Your Computer posted:

God, I love the Oracle games :swoon:

even if they're mediocre compared to the masterpiece that's Link's Awakening
I never played any LoZ game beyond 20 minutes of Majora's Mask, so this will be a new experience.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

I wonder why fewer people are watching at 2 AM on a weeknight than at 11 PM.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
ages is the bad oracle game so hopefully the speedrun of it is good to make up for it *sees 2 hour estimate* oh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Lottery of Babylon posted:

I wonder why fewer people are watching at 2 AM on a weeknight than at 11 PM.

there has to be an explanation

• Locked thread