Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
See, they might be able to pull off the same (World Trigger) "We wern't prepared and we lost a whole bunch of people both as POWs and Fatalities!" gag without the added "Let's do the SAME poo poo and hope that works the second time they try to invade! Because gently caress action in a comic book anthology that is primary dominated by Male Focued Action comics" Nonsense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
It seems incredibly obvious to me that this is gonna be the remedial students' time to shine.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Ether or.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Fallen Angels posted their translation.

http://bato.to/reader#619149055984e6d0

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Terper posted:

Fallen Angels posted their translation.

http://bato.to/reader#619149055984e6d0
Man after taking so long they really kinda botched this one. Mispellings even.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

It's amusing that everyone continues to be surprised by Bakugou being good at a lot of even mundane things. Deku really is the only one who understands him at all.

Also god drat, Ashido's reaction to having to stay behind is great.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Jan 8, 2016

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Spoilers are out.

http://www.mangamint.com/boku-no-hero-academia-74?page=1

The villains certainly are 100% not loving around this time. :rip: Eraserhead.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh no, Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu....

The B class kids realize that the A class kids are different - as seen in how quickly they react - and Tetsutetsu decides that they need to make a stand against the villains...

Also holy poo poo, that power from Dabi at that range.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

ConanThe3rd posted:

See, they might be able to pull off the same (World Trigger) "We wern't prepared and we lost a whole bunch of people both as POWs and Fatalities!" gag without the added "Let's do the SAME poo poo and hope that works the second time they try to invade! Because gently caress action in a comic book anthology that is primary dominated by Male Focued Action comics" Nonsense.

What exactly are you referring to with those World Trigger spoilers? I was under the impression that they actually did a very good job with the defense and it was only the media that was unfairly attacking them for having any losses/POWs at all).

Serious Frolicking posted:

It seems incredibly obvious to me that this is gonna be the remedial students' time to shine.

The only that makes me doubt that is that it would be kind of unbelievable for just a few of the students to be able to stop/defeat these hardened villains. I could see them maybe helping most of the other students escape somehow, though.

edit: I just realized that (from the previous chapter) that Honenuki guy's ability is probably similar to Kimimaro from Naruto, at least based on his name (which could mean something like "extract bones"). It's a shame he was knocked unconscious by the gas.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Jan 14, 2016

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Holy poo poo:
-Erased at point blank
-LIZARDMANS KNIFE SWORD
-B-class getting schooled
-Motherfuckin Krauser coming to town seriously that guy is extremely Resident Evil.
-LIZARDMANS
-KNIFE
-SWORD

e: CREATY

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Jan 14, 2016

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Is it confirmed Eraserhead's gone or are we just assuming the worst?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Bad Seafood posted:

I imagine he lived but he ate a huge blast from Dabi at point blank and it seems framed to imply he didn't somehow dodge it. At worst I'm sure this is just him jobbing out again.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Bad Seafood posted:

No body, not even any on screen damage, and they immediately cut away? At worst, he is just around the corner holding his damaged arm, at best he didn't get a scratch on him.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I figured he was probably still alive but it's been long enough since I read the last chapter that I didn't immediately recall what Dabi's power was.

So, you know, if it was something like acidic clouds, "Ouch." I mean, ouch regardless, but even more so.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

chumbler posted:

It's amusing that everyone continues to be surprised by Bakugou being good at a lot of even mundane things. Deku really is the only one who understands him at all.

Also god drat, Ashido's reaction to having to stay behind is great.

A face almost worthy of Oda.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Waffleman_ posted:

A face almost worthy of Oda.
That's actually more of a Bobobo kinda face.

Bad Seafood posted:

I figured he was probably still alive but it's been long enough since I read the last chapter that I didn't immediately recall what Dabi's power was.

So, you know, if it was something like acidic clouds, "Ouch." I mean, ouch regardless, but even more so.

Dabi's power is some sort of weird variation on fire I think; his name literally translates to "Cremation".

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Eraserhead just can't catch a break.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Fabricated posted:

That's actually more of a Bobobo kinda face.
Dabi's power is some sort of weird variation on fire I think; his name literally translates to "Cremation".

Yeah, I give it about even odds.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
For something not spoilery, some more anime news: Asui Tsuyu is voiced by Aoi Yuki (Kaname Madoka, Tornado of Terror Tatsumaki), and Minoru Mineta is voiced by Ryo Hirohashi (Miles "Tails" Prower). I cannot believe either of these happened.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Didn't Aoi voice Clementine in Overlord too?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Holy poo poo, I never once considered Aoi.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Can someone post a link when the english translation comes out?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Oh yeah, Midoriya's opponent is pretty loving awesome and scary looking IMO

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Fabricated posted:

Didn't Aoi voice Clementine in Overlord too?

Yeah. Note that was the first time I have heard her in a villain role which she did great in.

Aoi is very talented so I look forward to hearing her Tsuyu.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
MS's translation is up.

I love Spinner's sword. It's the best. Also have they said exactly what Dabi's quirk is? Because it looked to me like something of a middle ground between Bakugou's and Endeavor's/Todoroki's.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

TriffTshngo posted:

MS's translation is up.

I love Spinner's sword. It's the best. Also have they said exactly what Dabi's quirk is? Because it looked to me like something of a middle ground between Bakugou's and Endeavor's/Todoroki's.

He looks to have two powers. When he attempted to fight against Shiragaki, he used his right hand, which had smoke coming out of it. This is also the hand that he used in Chapter 73 to burn a tree and create smoke.

This chapter, he attacks with a blast of flame from his left hand.

So it looks like his right hand is something for close range, while his left is for big area attacks.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I am so excited to see class B in action.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

kidcoelacanth posted:

I am so excited to see class B in action.

I'm thinking this arc is gonna highlight them and possibly the remedials nicely.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
My question is: Uh, where do you go after this?

We've had "Gigantic semi-organized attack based on sheer numbers", now we have "Handpicked hit squad targets 1-A/1-B".

I guess targeting individual students when they're not in school is next?

If these guys lose (and they will), how can the villain alliance keep recruiting after looking like such chumps twice in a row? Do they score some sort of technical "win condition" before they lose or get forced to retreat?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Simply failing doesn't really make them look like chumps.

Fail or succeed, they're still villains who managed to infiltrate a camping ground manned by heroes and threatened students.

Their actions and presence create fear. If pros and future heroes can be attacked, how can anybody claim to be safe?

Even if they don't succeed in killing anyone, they've still taken down at least 1 hero (2 if Eraserhead is down for the count, though this is unlikely). Kids may not die, but they certainly will be hurt.

Most villains don't go for heroes, at least from what we've been shown so far. They're criminals, thieves, and killers, but I doubt most of them go out of their way to actually target the people in charge of keeping them down. The Villain Alliance shook things up when they attacked the USJ, Stain caused even more tremors, and this attack shows just how dangerously close they all are.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
"Oh hey these groups of thugs brought a bunch of weapons to a school gathering, but they got stopped! A ha ha ha ha ha ha these chumps are totally harmless."

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

"Oh hey these groups of thugs brought a bunch of weapons to a school gathering, but they got stopped! A ha ha ha ha ha ha these chumps are totally harmless."
It's less the public being scared of them and more potential villain candidates thinking, "How do these jokers keep getting their asses handed to them by a bunch of kids?"

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Man Spinner is such a try hard.

His sword combined with the fact that is dressed up as Stain just makes him look hilarious.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
It's a mall-ninja dragonslayer.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Fabricated posted:

My question is: Uh, where do you go after this?

All Might's funeral.

It's worth noting in the last chapter they were waiting for all ten of the villains to gather before attacking, but I only ever counted seven. Even if you add Black Mist and Shigaraki, we're still short one.

LostRook fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Jan 18, 2016

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
The last member of the villain alliance is clearly that insidious traitor, invisible girl.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Anyone seen Aoyama lately?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Vengarr posted:

Anyone seen Aoyama lately?
He's supposed to be with Momo, yet somehow he isn't. I imagine there's a reason.

Hagakure is with earjack girl and was pretty much confirmed to be in the forest to prank Uraraka and Tsuyu so I imagine we'll be seeing some of them.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fabricated posted:

Hagakure is with earjack girl and was pretty much confirmed to be in the forest to prank Uraraka and Tsuyu so I imagine we'll be seeing some of them.

We definitely won't be seeing Hagakure, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

JosephWongKS posted:

We definitely won't be seeing Hagakure, though.
Sucks to be her if she got naked to be totally invisible and then got knocked out by the gas. Good luck finding her.