Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Thanks for the recommendations. I'll have to keep looking for lists of good streams worth watching throughout the week.

Looks like the official channel isn't too far behind on uploading streams on their YT so that's good. Kudos to whoever is working hard to turn them over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

:yeah: Dimitri

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

absolutely anything posted:

ages is the bad oracle game so hopefully the speedrun of it is good to make up for it *sees 2 hour estimate* oh

Ages is the good Oracle Game. How does it feel to be wrong. :colbert:

Also, You miss most of the charm of undertale by speedrunning it, though being schizophrenic with"Youlive... you die! you live... you die!" would be hilarious.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I appreciate a good strong bad joke at 2 AM

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

I just realised why it's called the Tuni Nut

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Julias posted:

Also, You miss most of the charm of undertale by speedrunning it, though being schizophrenic with"Youlive... you die! you live... you die!" would be hilarious.

Yeah, you'd lose a lot of the reason to be playing Undertale when speedrunning it, but at the same time it seems like it would be a fascinating route. It'd come down to knowing which enemies are quicker to spare and which ones are quicker to kill, how, and why.

And you just know that if a particular route became known and popular, Toby would probably patch in a specific response to it.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

jesus christ that goron dancing minigame was bad

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Cleretic posted:

Yeah, you'd lose a lot of the reason to be playing Undertale when speedrunning it, but at the same time it seems like it would be a fascinating route. It'd come down to knowing which enemies are quicker to spare and which ones are quicker to kill, how, and why.

And you just know that if a particular route became known and popular, Toby would probably patch in a specific response to it.

Has he patched the game in a significant ways since release?

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

I appreciate a good strong bad joke at 2 AM

Glad Abdi Larue's putting his name usage royalties to use after all these years

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
I would be very happy if we replaced 1 zelda game with okami and 1 zelda game with 3d Dot heros every event.

They're both 2 hours anyhow and at least different.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Whoa that's really soon, great.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Julias posted:

Ages is the good Oracle Game. How does it feel to be wrong. :colbert:

There's one reason and one reason alone why I prefer Seasons:

Cowman posted:

jesus christ that goron dancing minigame was bad

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Cleretic posted:

The actual any% route is pretty simplistic: Genocide up to Undyne, then flee every battle on the way to Mettatron NEO, one-shot it, then kill the last two bosses for a Normal ending.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

I didn't need that sob story at 3:30 AM

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Cleretic posted:

The route is genocide untill Hotland I think, and then you switch to neutral. This allows you to skip puzzles in Snowdin and overall there's less dialogue.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
ghosting the beatles

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

SectumSempra posted:

I would be very happy if we replaced 1 zelda game with okami and 1 zelda game with 3d Dot heros every event.

They're both 2 hours anyhow and at least different.

But then we would only have approximately 83 Zelda games left and that won't do. It won't do at all.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Julias posted:

Has he patched the game in a significant ways since release?

I think there's been whispers of an update or patch coming, I know he's listening for bug fixes.

NRVNQSR posted:

The actual any% route is pretty simplistic: Genocide up to Undyne, then flee every battle on the way to Mettatron NEO, one-shot it, then kill the last two bosses for a Normal ending.

Kikas posted:

The route is genocide untill Hotland I think, and then you switch to neutral. This allows you to skip puzzles in Snowdin and overall there's less dialogue.

And this kind of surprises me. I know the genocide route has a lot less dialog (and less puzzles), but I would have thought the process of actually hunting down and murdering everybody would be enough to, at least, make it less of an obvious choice. Granted, I haven't done the genocide route.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Hi Maple, Bye Maple.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
This guy's tactic of attacking most enemies with his face is interesting...

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Here comes the time paradoxes!

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

How in the hell are you suppose to even play this game casually, knowing that you need to go down X minigame and get X amount of points before this dungeon to get the item you need.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Man, I love Goron dancing minigames. :shepicide:

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

How in the hell are you suppose to even play this game casually, knowing that you need to go down X minigame and get X amount of points before this dungeon to get the item you need.

Nintendo Power magazine, duh.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

it's a bad game

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Don't both oracle games have dancing minigames.

e: also has the Ages runner spoke even once?

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
Yeah, Seasons has a dancing minigame too, but it's much easier. Far less timing-based.

And no, the actual runner has not spoken. I'm okay with it though, since the couch is doing a good job.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

voltcatfish posted:

e: also has the Ages runner spoke even once?

looks like he doesn't have a mic, so even if he didn't he'd be really muffled

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Zelda has crashed like 6 times now. It refuses to be completed.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Is Prinny a good enough run for me to stay up late? Or can I just catch it on YouTube later?

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Can't wait for a gdq where both games are run for the true ending%

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Is Prinny a good enough run for me to stay up late? Or can I just catch it on YouTube later?

I don't know but good luck staying awake listening to this guy commentating.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I was playing this game on my 3ds recently and yeah it kinda is. the lost woods and that item recovery parts are simply tedious and not fun at all.

bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

Production: Complete
Wow, what a great final boss: mash the attack button a lot.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
THAT WAS PRETTY poo poo, DOOD

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
I can see why he said some people just give up at that final boss fight, it looks absolutely tedious, and that's with him mashing the button like crazy.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Swastika windmill, dood

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

Night-vision Goggles Equipped!

That boss is why my PSP's square button is hosed up.

It's really as bad as it looks.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Haha I'm glad I never beat that game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

Tyty posted:

That boss is why my PSP's square button is hosed up.

It's really as bad as it looks.

it's the bottom screen of the DS after trauma center equivalent, it seems

• Locked thread