Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

It's mostly players for the youth teams though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?

jyrka posted:

Interesting.

Jääger did his stuff well last season and is handed a one year-contract.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Gnabry wasn't enough of a low talent thug for Pulis, Arsenal have ended his loan and are looking to send him to a championship club with a manager who isn't as detrimental to football

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

NTRabbit posted:

Gnabry wasn't enough of a low talent thug for Pulis, Arsenal have ended his loan and are looking to send him to a championship club with a manager who isn't as detrimental to football

Think the loan had to be terminated so Debuchy can go there on loan. Agree that he'll probably end up in the Championship.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

NTRabbit posted:

Arsenal's academy isn't as good as Arsenal fans think it is. He'll be lucky to make it in the Championship (a good league).

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I like my version of events better :colbert:

quiet enjoyment
May 11, 2009
There's always hope he could end up like championship success story Francis Coquelin!

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Arsenal's U21s aren't even in the top division of their competition. They're 4th in division 2.

Sunderland are runaway leaders in division 1.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Shoren posted:

What happened to Chambers? He was playing so well at RB for Southampton which is why Arsenal bought him in the first place, then the transfer happened at he went to poo poo. Anyway, he's a stopgap and can't be worse than how Debuchy was in his cameo appearances this season. Besides, Jenkinson's form can't be lovely forever so he'll do fine when he's back next season.

He's seemed too slow to cover the ground needed for 99th at arsenal, so he always ends up in awful positions. He did very well filling in at cb a couple years back, then got dropped for an extended period of time and never regained his form. Really I'd like to see him go out on loan because he'sstill young and should be playing more, but Wengy seems to want to keep him around as a utility player.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

sassassin posted:

Arsenal's academy isn't as good as Arsenal fans think it is. He'll be lucky to make it in the Championship (a good league).

He looked good in the past and then had a ton of injuries. Its the arsenal way.

And Arsenal's youth system is all about buying 19 year olds for a couple million. They don't actually produce players.

Broletariat
Nov 14, 2014
Chambers did fine at Bournemouth tbh. Weird that so many people are writing off a 19 year old getting used as a sub in 3 different positions often at the end of games. I mean i understand when non-Arsenal fans do it but cmon

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Reports of Pato off to China. I know he's on high wages but it still doesn't make sense to me since so many teams in Europe seem desperate for a striker.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Seltzer posted:

Reports of Pato off to China. I know he's on high wages but it still doesn't make sense to me since so many teams in Europe seem desperate for a striker.

Corinthians is asking 15 million Euros, that's a high price for someone who's last stint in Europe was in injury riddled mess.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
They don't care about ligament functionality in China, they care about the image of a white man obeying.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Gigi Galli posted:

Corinthians is asking 15 million Euros, that's a high price for someone who's last stint in Europe was in injury riddled mess.

15 million still seems like peanuts for a possible fraud injury prone striker in the TV money era. I keep hearing that he's been really good in Brazil. I'm going to believe that without doing research.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

corpuscollossus posted:

I kept an eye out for Jenkinson since Ham fans said he was bad and it's true. In his last game as defender he was responsible for both goals conceded, and in the most recent game he looked hapless on the wing, missing passes and generally just frustrated with himself. It's strange - for a while at Arsenal it looked like he was improving and could consistently start, but he's a shadow of that now and definitely won't be back.

Chambers should be written off as a failed experiment and sold off as scrap. He's not getting better.

I agree completely, when have young players ever improved for Arsenal??

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

trem_two posted:

There could be a chain of related transfers in Serie A, if a bunch of circumstances all play out.

Diego Perotti of Genoa is headed to Roma, although he's facing a multi game suspension for a red card, so Roma are waiting to see the results of the appeal. He's a bit of a prick, so that's really not surprising for him.

If that transfer doesn't work out, Roma might loan Stephen El Shaarawy, who is currently on loan at Monaco from Milan. Monaco said they won't play him anymore since they don't want to trigger his permanent transfer clause, so Milan and Monaco are trying to work out a deal to send him back to Milan. Milan have no intention of playing him and are hoping to send him back out on loan, but they are having a hard time breaking the existing loan deal with Monaco due to the tax law differences - Monaco would have to send money in the deal and they have told Milan to gently caress off.

Meanwhile Milan and Genoa have worked out a deal to send Alessio Cerci (on a multi year loan to Milan from Atletico Madrid from the Fernando Torres transfer) to Genoa to replace Perotti, but Cerci apparently prefers to sit on Milan's bench.

So maybe a bunch of players will move teams or maybe nothing will happen at all :effort:

Apparently Roma came to a stand still so Viola are in the running.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
Also, looks like Gnarby will recalled from West Brom.

e: Oh mentioned already. I think it's a good move. Both because Arsenal need more options on the wings, and he wasn't getting time at Brom.

Bea Nanner fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Jan 4, 2016

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Pato scored that really nice goal against Barca. He'd be a good lad if he wasn't literally made of glass

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

mackintosh posted:

Kamil Grabara, a 17 year old keeper, from Ruch Chorzow to Liverpool might be a thing that's happening. He's insanely talented, and a bona fine next great thing groomed to be a future national team number one. If Liverpoo do get him, I will make a face.

This would be quite cool if he's actually good but Reddit says he's poo poo though so...

I'm not sure if it would happen, we have Mignolet and Bogdan (lol), and Ward has apparently been quite good for Aberdeen. I'd be happy to move either of the latter two on if Grabara's as good as you say he is.

Gruijic is signing and might not be let back out on loan which would be quite cool and good.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Not a surprise at all, but Kevin Prince Boateng officially joined Milan today.

DEAD MAN'S SHOE
Nov 23, 2003

We will become evil and the stars will come alive

ephex posted:

Since their transfer ban has ended now, Barca is gonna register 77 new players with the Spanish FA today :newlol:

a lot of hungry youngsters have been hitting europe's shores recently, glad the catalans are doing their bit to help

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

EvilHawk posted:

This would be quite cool if he's actually good but Reddit says he's poo poo though so...

Ah, yes, reddit, the experts on Ekstraklasa and the Polish national team.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

DEAD MAN'S SHOE posted:

a lot of hungry youngsters have been hitting europe's shores recently, glad the catalans are doing their bit to help

yeah but they've also heard those kids saying ¡hala akbar! or something like that, cant have that in the nou camp

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

DEAD MAN'S SHOE posted:

drat...

ice cold.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Rafa has got his P45 and Zizou is the new coach.

Would love to see Rafa troll Man United fans by managing them and winning something like he did at Chelsea.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Bayerns Jan Kirchhoff is apparently close to signing for Sunderland.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

JFairfax posted:

Rafa has got his P45 and Zizou is the new coach.

Would love to see Rafa troll Man United fans by managing them and winning something like he did at Chelsea.

Rafa's gonna hold on for the arsenal job in the summer

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

greazeball posted:

Rafa's gonna hold on for the arsenal job in the summer
Like a jigsaw falling into place.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

mackintosh posted:

Ah, yes, reddit, the experts on Ekstraklasa and the Polish national team.

In fairness, potential to become better than Boruc and Szcezceny is hardly glowing praise

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Now that Zidane is in charge at Real, let the Hazard to Madrid rumours start... once again.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Mexican midfielder Ulises Davila has left Chelsea after 5 years and ... 0(?) appearances, but a magnificent 5 loan deals.

He is now back home in Mexico and presumably trying to remember how to play football.

Another smashing success for the Chelsea transfer system.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Shoren posted:

What happened to Chambers?

He got bummed senseless by Jefferson Montero and never recovered.

DEAD MAN'S SHOE
Nov 23, 2003

We will become evil and the stars will come alive

MrBling posted:

Mexican midfielder Ulises Davila has left Chelsea after 5 years and ... 0(?) appearances, but a magnificent 5 loan deals.

He is now back home in Mexico and presumably trying to remember how to play football.

sounds like quite an odyssey

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Eau de MacGowan posted:

yeah but they've also heard those kids saying ¡hala akbar! or something like that, cant have that in the nou camp

All's not lost, if they are terrorists I'm sure Athletic Bilbao will have them.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

MrBling posted:

The whole club is a shambles I just lost 12 followers on Twitter for complimenting Rafas success at our club.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Can anyone tell me about Ocampos? Apparently Viola are courting him either on loan or purchase. Not sure which yet

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

Milan will end up with both Cerci and El Sha and all their wages in any scenario; of this I am certain.

I saw a Di Marzio article today that explained that Cerci's situation - he's 50% owned by a Qatari sports management firm and they are trying to force a permanent move somewhere.

So maybe you'll get lucky and he'll be playing in Doha by the end of the month?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

trem_two posted:

I saw a Di Marzio article today that explained that Cerci's situation - he's 50% owned by a Qatari sports management firm and they are trying to force a permanent move somewhere.

So maybe you'll get lucky and he'll be playing in Doha by the end of the month?

Man what a fall that would be. I can see him playing in some Middle East dump or China, unfortunately for him. I didn't realize that he sold his soul to another ownership group.

Honestly I think that should be illegal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

It is illegal in England isn't it? Or at least a breach of the FA's rules or whatever

• Locked thread