Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Luke seems to be one of the better Glas Cannon sorta attacker characters, maybe only beaten by the First Order TIE Fighter Pilot (who seems even more Glassy).

Too bad the crystals-for-a-week deal ran out. Funny how Future Fight got a similar deal, for a similar prize, except for a whole drat month (asnd you don't really need to burn crystals on energy there either). Alas, from that devs responses they don't seem to be planning any crystal deals.

Force-closing the app on iOS: Double-click the home/starty button, slide the program "up" and it closes. When you restart the GW game you were in has reset (so you can switch out team members and do a do-over), the AI will attack different characters and get other rolls - I think. Usefull if you find out that gunning for a certain character just aint' gonna work out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

Credits don't matter anymore once you get access to GW, but it does suck before that sometimes.

Not sure what you mean by that. I need like 2 million credits over the next day, and that doesn't take into consideration crafting equipment or actually training any character's.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Zotix posted:

Not sure what you mean by that. I need like 2 million credits over the next day, and that doesn't take into consideration crafting equipment or actually training any character's.

Yeah but you're doing all kinds of energy buying every day.

I'll take the extra credits if they want to give them, but right now you get more than enough if you're not min-maxing payments and time.

Scruff_McGee
Mar 11, 2007

Thats a purdy smile
Was hoping to pick this game up and drop it soon after, but the gameplay is actually really fun. At 33 right now trying to build up shards for Luke, Sid, Daka and Lumi but am just fielding the starter team. Add me if you want a regular Chewie - 631-239-484

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah but you're doing all kinds of energy buying every day.

I'll take the extra credits if they want to give them, but right now you get more than enough if you're not min-maxing payments and time.

Not really. Wait until you have two characters that need promotion from Arena and GW within a day or two. When that Lumi needs 7* and Sidious needs his 6th or so. That's a poo poo ton of credits.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Zotix posted:

Not really. Wait until you have two characters that need promotion from Arena and GW within a day or two. When that Lumi needs 7* and Sidious needs his 6th or so. That's a poo poo ton of credits.

But nobody who isn't doing what you are is going to have that occur.

And if they do they'll have the millions banked from the lower amounts they spend every other day.

I mean I don't care if they do it, it just seems like a weird thing for them to mention.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Jan 4, 2016

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I don't know, I thought I just got out of credit hell with my fresh 1 million in the bank, then I upgraded Luke to 4* and trained him literally one level and now I am at 800k.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I do not have credits, except by the grace of cheevos. What I need is more training droids.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Just got Phasma at 3 stars and upgrading her to lvl 45 cost somewhere north of 200k credits alone. Going to have Sid within a few days and 2 characters to rank up to 4 stars at what, 100k each? + Talia to 5 stars. Yeah, I'm gonna be a poor hombre in a hurry.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Have I mentioned how much I love doing 1 1/2 hours of save scumming GW at level 60, because saving rolls on defense are retarded? I'm talking 6 dodges in a row retarded. I seriously couldn't imagine doing GW without a Barris. That healing through heal block is too clutch. That being said through 11 GW today, I haven't seen my Barris heal once from auto attacks. The defender advantage is so loving strong in this game and seriously needs to be looked at.

Zotix fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Jan 4, 2016

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

Chilichimp posted:

What's the trick with the Force-close sploit in galactic war? I abused the poo poo out of 1st turn retreat today and couldn't be happier with the result.

In Android, click the app switcher then just swipe the app away.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Chilichimp posted:

I do not have credits, except by the grace of cheevos. What I need is more training droids.

I usually completely ignore the "spend crystals to get things" deals, but spotted 7 T5 trainers for 50 crystals and jumped on it. No regrets!

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

I think that T5 trainer deal is always up, for 50-70 crystals (60 currently for me). It's not that good though beyond lvl 45 due to how steep the xp costs get. I burned like, 1 6 or 7 star trainer droid, 3x5 star and something like 200xT2 and T1 to get Phasma to lvl 45.

And then I have to do it again with Sid soon, while getting Phasma to lvl 51-52 territory and urghhh.

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

Zotix posted:

Have I mentioned how much I love doing 1 1/2 hours of save scumming GW at level 60, because saving rolls on defense are retarded? I'm talking 6 dodges in a row retarded. I seriously couldn't imagine doing GW without a Barris. That healing through heal block is too clutch.

Barriss sucks now. In GW, especially. Focus Sid, retreat once he's dead. Bam, no heal debuff or dot to worry about. Lumi/JC are both better at actual true healing.

Also, the RNG is pseudo-random, so if you're save scumming, switch around your characters' order in between matches so it'll regenerate all your rolls.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Barris does not suck lol. She literally the best character in it. You can't focus Sid most of the times because there are bigger threats that need to die on round 1 that take priority over a healing debuff. When characters can hit your team for 2x 6k damage they need to die before a healing debuff character. I do like 60-90% of my GW matches with Barris just because it nullifies sidious and focus fire off of one character. The other characters are better at true healing as you said, but Barris is a direct counter to Sidious, and I like that. Also, a 7* sidious, with max gear is going to evade the gently caress out of your first round attacks.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Zotix posted:

What are you spending them on? I get 1 of each refresh each day, just hit six stars with two characters and I'm still up in money over the week and training droid limited rather than gold limited. I'm one piece away from max gear on 4 of my 5 characters. I just have no real depth to my champion pool but that's mostly because of training droid scarcity.

I have 3 million banked from just doing all the daily incentives in December.

Saitorr
Dec 23, 2008

YES THE CARPET MATCHES THE DRAPES IN BOTH COLOR AND LENGTH
845-897-715

Just started, so I'm a good add obviously.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

kaschei posted:

What are you spending them on? I get 1 of each refresh each day, just hit six stars with two characters and I'm still up in money over the week and training droid limited rather than gold limited. I'm one piece away from max gear on 4 of my 5 characters. I just have no real depth to my champion pool but that's mostly because of training droid scarcity.

I have 3 million banked from just doing all the daily incentives in December.

6-7* is 1 million credits. 5-6* is 500k.

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

Zotix posted:

Barris does not suck lol. She literally the best character in it. You can't focus Sid most of the times because there are bigger threats that need to die on round 1 that take priority over a healing debuff. When characters can hit your team for 2x 6k damage they need to die before a healing debuff character. I do like 60-90% of my GW matches with Barris just because it nullifies sidious and focus fire off of one character. The other characters are better at true healing as you said, but Barris is a direct counter to Sidious, and I like that. Also, a 7* sidious, with max gear is going to evade the gently caress out of your first round attacks.

Lumi has a better passive (imo) and can ability block, not to mention hitting like a truck. Barris is a one trick pony with a long cooldown on her trick. Edited: She is farmable, albeit not through shipments. I'd rather have my 6* Lumi over a Barris at 4* and have to use energy on high level farming, but YMMV.

And max gear 7* Sid only gets ridiculous dodge% against Jedi. Non-Jedi attackers, including friendly Sid's, don't have any problem taking him out.

Mooktastical fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Jan 4, 2016

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
My solid A-team consists of 5* Lumi leader, Sidious, Old Daka, Dooku and either Chewie or 2* Kit Fisto, who is surprisingly hardy given his low rating. He has a metric poo poo ton of HP, can double attack and counter attack, and adds precision on his AoE. I sort of play with that last slot, sometimes Consular comes in on a real healing heavy match.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Mooktastical posted:

Lumi has a better passive (imo) and can ability block, not to mention hitting like a truck. Barris is a one trick pony with a long cooldown on her trick. Edited: She is farmable, albeit not through shipments. I'd rather have my 6* Lumi over a Barris at 4* and have to use energy on high level farming, but YMMV.

And max gear 7* Sid only gets ridiculous dodge% against Jedi. Non-Jedi attackers, including friendly Sid's, don't have any problem taking him out.

Nowhere along the way did I say either Barris or Lumi. In-fact if you go back to page 2, I made the recommendation that everyone maxes Lumi first. That being said I use Barris, Lumi, and Daka in some combination of those 2/3 for nearly every GW battle. The reality is Barris does something that that other healers can't do that that's heal through Sidious healing debuff, and it's crucial for when you are fightin 10 GW battles a day against 7* Sidious. And as I said before he can't be your first target every single fight, there are characters that just poo poo out massive damage crit's that need to be targeted first or you won't have a team after the first round.

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

Zotix posted:

Nowhere along the way did I say either Barris or Lumi. In-fact if you go back to page 2, I made the recommendation that everyone maxes Lumi first. That being said I use Barris, Lumi, and Daka in some combination of those 2/3 for nearly every GW battle. The reality is Barris does something that that other healers can't do that that's heal through Sidious healing debuff, and it's crucial for when you are fightin 10 GW battles a day against 7* Sidious. And as I said before he can't be your first target every single fight, there are characters that just poo poo out massive damage crit's that need to be targeted first or you won't have a team after the first round.

I run the same setup, only with 6* JC instead of Lumi. I've completed 14 GW's straight, and not used Barriss for a single one. Every single time every member of my A team has still been alive. It's certainly possible to complete GW reliably without Barriss, it just requires different tactics to handle Sid, is all.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Would you be able to do it without save scumming? If they took retreating out as well? I can see using an akbar to remove the debut, but then you are using an akbar.

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

Zotix posted:

Would you be able to do it without save scumming? If they took retreating out as well? I can see using an akbar to remove the debut, but then you are using an akbar.

Why does that matter? You really gonna move those goalposts when you posted this? Really dawg?

Zotix posted:

Have I mentioned how much I love doing 1 1/2 hours of save scumming GW at level 60, because saving rolls on defense are retarded? I'm talking 6 dodges in a row retarded.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

What level are you? I do save scum, but I do think I could easily do it without save scumming. I just don't like to have anyone dead prior to the last 3 matches.

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

Zotix posted:

What level are you? I do save scum, but I do think I could easily do it without save scumming. I just don't like to have anyone dead prior to the last 3 matches.

Edit: Quit trying to move goalposts and address the issue at hand, tia.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I highly doubt you've never failed a GW. But hey its the internet and you can say whatever you want and there's no way to prove it. The reality is Barris is a good loving character and isn't as bad as a lot of people are claiming.

Asking a question isn't the same as moving the goalposts homegirl. It's called evolving a discussion.

Starrett
Mar 22, 2006

Forum Oddity
its something we should all be prepared for as the developers stated that they consider force quitting and even retreating to be kind of an exploit so i expect them to patch it out one of these days. and no i cannot cite my sources its something i saw reposted on reddit

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I admit I use the hell out of force closing, but mainly because I'm too lazy to throw a poo poo team in to soak abilities first. I think that even if they removed both exploits, I would be completing GW daily and I attribute it mainly to having a Barris. Lumis heal is nasty, but in conjunction with Barris heal it's great. I use both for different situations.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
I wish I could find a Baris to compliment my Lumi. A good baris is pretty beefy for a healer and while she doesn't pump out much damage her heals are really good.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

But nobody who isn't doing what you are is going to have that occur.

And if they do they'll have the millions banked from the lower amounts they spend every other day.

I mean I don't care if they do it, it just seems like a weird thing for them to mention.

It may be because your style of play is the minority. They give crystals for doing the daily for doing pvp, for achievements. The expectation is that you'll do at least a 50 refill it seems. Honestly you are the first I've heard of who doesn't do energy refills.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Hughlander posted:

It may be because your style of play is the minority. They give crystals for doing the daily for doing pvp, for achievements. The expectation is that you'll do at least a 50 refill it seems. Honestly you are the first I've heard of who doesn't do energy refills.

I don't do them either. I tend not to actively play for very long so I spend my crystals on pulls. It's not as efficient for sure, but I also don't want to play more than like 20 minutes a day. I finish my dailies and maybe GW if I have some extra potty time.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

If you spend crystals on energy it takes you like 95 seconds more play time because you get more than enough sim tickets to immediately sim the energy.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

rabidsquid posted:

If you spend crystals on energy it takes you like 95 seconds more play time because you get more than enough sim tickets to immediately sim the energy.

Well, maybe I'll give it a try after my next pull. I'm almost up to my next 8 pull so after that I'll compare it to putting it into energy every day.

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

Zotix posted:

I highly doubt you've never failed a GW. But hey its the internet and you can say whatever you want and there's no way to prove it. The reality is Barris is a good loving character and isn't as bad as a lot of people are claiming.

Oh, well in that case, I've won every GW I've ever played, which is at least like 40 or 50 at this point. How long has the game been out again?

You're highly overestimating how many fucks I give about winning slapfights on the internet. If you want to have the last word, I'm cool with it. I was just trying to point out alternative methods of beating GW reliably.

But to answer your question, I save scum pretty often in the last 2 or 3 fights, but then again, I know I can save scum, so I'm a little less conservative than I might otherwise be.

When they fix it, I'll just use a more diverse line-up, and probably focus more on leveling up more dps dudes to have to replace losses. I'm specifically looking at Luke and Resistance Trooper for that right now.

Zotix posted:

Asking a question isn't the same as moving the goalposts homegirl. It's called evolving a discussion.

"Evolving a discussion" away from the original issue in an attempt to invalidate your opponent's points via complete irrelevancies is definitely moving goal posts.

Mooktastical fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Jan 4, 2016

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Starrett posted:

its something we should all be prepared for as the developers stated that they consider force quitting and even retreating to be kind of an exploit so i expect them to patch it out one of these days. and no i cannot cite my sources its something i saw reposted on reddit

I'd be a bit surprised if they fixed these issues because they existed in other games like this and devs couldn't/wouldn't fix because of the nature of the "exploit", meaning you'd need to introduce some type of real-time saving/loading which this game doesn't do. By the time they fix it, I'll probably have enough characters where it won't matter any more.

I refuse to believe that anyone could actually complete GW without losing any characters without using the retreat/close tricks. There's way too much nonsense with the proc rates and crits.

And Barriss is still a great character. Obviously she is great in GW, but also in Arena, she can be good if on the right team. I have mine at 5 stars and she's great in Arena offense because the enemy AI is so dumb. Spreads damage around and Barris can just heal up. On defense, who knows. I'd love to have a 7 star Barriss.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I beat GW my very first time without retreating or closing, and with the same team without losing anyone. It was dumb luck though.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Hopefully they patch in a little more sane line-up RNG into GW if they take away force-quitting and/or retreat, because when you are getting those AI murder teams several levels&gear above your best batch there's little you can do even with chaff to toss at them.

e: Something that would be pretty great is that Preview function from Future Fight, except here you could put together any combination of team and have mock fights to test things out.

Pimpmust fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Jan 4, 2016

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

At the very least don't make lower level and gear level AI characters arbitrarily faster than my own version

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Would ya'll stop making GBS threads up this thread, please?

I got some free pseudo money from work that I used to redeem some itunes gift cards. After buying some Chromium packs, I now have a 3 star Kit Fisto, and I think I should work him into my arena lineup, need advice.

as of now:

3-star JC
3-star Lumi
4-star Chewie
3-star Luke
3-star Poe

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Jan 4, 2016

• Locked thread