Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Thin Privilege posted:

Also:
"All rap music is the same" "rap is all about bitches hos money and curse words" and in general the people who act all high-and-mighty and smug because they don't listen to this "inferior" music.

There's a guy like this at my work. Another coworker mentioned that Fat Bottom Girls had just came on his MP3 player and rap hating guy went on a rant about how much he hates rap and how he was disappointed that the other coworker was listening to it and he should listen to rock instead if he has good taste and so on and so forth. None of us bothered to tell him it's a Queen song because we were trying too hard not to laugh in his face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

When you're in the middle of a conversation or doing something and the person you're with gets up without a word and walks away.

Basically my bf does this - we'll be talking about something or about to do something and he'll get up to walk to the kitchen to drink some water or whatever. Really if he ever said "I'm going to grab some water" as he did it I wouldn't care at all, but otherwise it feels like he's just completely leaving the conversation which is really annoying.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Slow eaters. Let me just sit here for 20 minutes watching you eat. Can't leave the table, as that'd be rude, so I just get to either stare into someone's chewing face, or look off into the distance. Conversation would be a distraction, but it would prolong the entire problem. I think it's a stupid piece of etiquette. Particularly if they're eating chicken wings.

well why not has a new favorite as of 11:26 on Jan 3, 2016

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
As for texting and calling repeatedly, my dad has that horrible habit where he'll call my cell phone, and if I don't reply right away, he calls the house phone, leaves a message, then calls my cell again. He might leave a voicemail...but none of his messages are ever anything but "hey call me back!" Actually LEAVING a message with what he wants is too complicated.

Cowslips Warren has a new favorite as of 15:29 on Jan 3, 2016

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I really, really hate "call me" texts. No, you call me, or tell me what you want in the text.

Also people who aren't aware of how loud they are talking (or don't care). I don't know if this is an autism thing or what, but in the movies the other night during the previews I heard someone whisper to a guy asking if he wants anything to drink, and the guy practically shouted over the already pretty loud previews playing. My cousin also does this at restaurants when giving his order. If everyone at the table and the waitress flinch when you start yelling your order, it might be a sign you need to lower your drat voice. I know they are capable of talking at a normal volume, they do it all the time during normal conversation, but in certain situations when someone asks them a question they crank the volume up to 100% when answering.

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

Hummingbirds posted:

Before I got diagnosed with/treated for ADHD I was like this. Trust me, it's just as annoying to have to ask people to repeat themselves because your brain didn't absorb what they said despite you looking directly into their eyes when they talk to you.

Yeah, tell your bro to get tested. Driving is pretty dangerous for ADHD people since anything can distract us, and it's why I don't have a full license or car. He isn't being weird or rude, it's just that he literally cannot process more than a certain amount of stimulus. Even while on medication I have to physically put down what I'm doing and look the person in the eye to hear/understand what they're saying.

It sucks :smith:

Nettles Coterie
Dec 24, 2008

Play in the Dark, lest the Heat catch you standing still
:aaaaa: Holy poo poo, maybe I have ADHD. I have to ask people to repeat themselves all the time, because if there's other noise going on I literally can't process the words, even if I can hear just fine.

I hate when I'm texting back and forth with someone and suddenly they try to call me. Like, I get that some things take way longer to text than to just call and have a little conversation (and I'm probably somebody's pet peeve here) but I hate talking on the phone and I don't want to get sucked into a ten-minute conversation when I'm trying to do other things. It's much easier for me to just read/send a message here and there when I have a second, rather than stop what I'm doing to focus on a phone convo. Actually, now that I think of it, this is probably connected to the above issue.

Also, book blurbs/synopses that refer to events or characters that don't come up until a good ways through the book. The synopsis on the last book I read mentioned the main character travelling with two other characters, one of which didn't even show up until 60% of the way through, and the other literally didn't appear until 80% through and would have been a neat little surprise if I hadn't been loving waiting for it because of the synopsis. It also spoiled what would have been a decent twist by revealing one of the main characters as a traitor. What's the point of this?

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

God Over Djinn posted:

I have the opposite of this. Someone close to me somehow just can't process more than one source of sound at once. If you're in the car with him, he refuses to have the radio on unless everyone stays 100% absolutely silent. If you talk to him or to anyone else in the car, the radio instantly gets turned off and won't go back on again until everyone's silent again. If he's playing a game or listening to music and you say something casual that doesn't even require a response, like 'hey that's neat' or whatever, he has to turn it off and then have you repeat yourself. He swears up and down he doesn't have any hearing problems and his hearing seems normal otherwise, like he doesn't ask you to repeat yourself a lot during a normal conversation or anything. And it makes me absolutely insane. I just want to be able to point out a pretty sunset while listening to music okay :(

Its a known fact that humans aren't really capable of dealing with multiple things at a time, only rapidly switching their focus from one to another.

DavidAlltheTime
Feb 14, 2008

All David...all the TIME!
It may have been mentioned here before, but the new use of the word 'salty', to mean being irritated. I've only seen it on these forums, and I can't imagine how it sounds cool to use by people. Whenever I imagine someone saying it in real life, it's a horrible bro using it.

"Dude, you're getting a little salty there about a word. Chill, yo! Let's take the jeep to the mall to help you cool down!"

Hate it.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Murphy Brownback posted:

Also people who aren't aware of how loud they are talking (or don't care).

There was this dude who used to ride my regular commuter bus whose ordinary speaking voice was louder than some peoples' shouts. (He claimed it was because he used to work construction and couldn't help it.) And that fucker would have long, extended "conversations" (monologues) about whatever was on his mind every drat day. I usually listen to music on the bus, and there were days when I couldn't drown him out even with my music turned up all the way. I'm blaming him for any eventual hearing loss I suffer, basically.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

well why not posted:

Slow eaters. Let me just sit here for 20 minutes watching you eat. Can't leave the table, as that'd be rude, so I just get to either stare into someone's chewing face, or look off into the distance. Conversation would be a distraction, but it would prolong the entire problem. I think it's a stupid piece of etiquette. Particularly if they're eating chicken wings.

Mannnn... when I was a kid, my step mom was the slowest eater. She'd take like a minute gathering together a bite on her fork, and then lift it, hold it, stare off into space, and then make some inane observation about nothing in particular. Then she'd eat it. She would barely have started by the time the rest of us were done.

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I am the queen of France.

Murphy Brownback posted:

Also people who aren't aware of how loud they are talking (or don't care).

There's a guy like this in my office. I cannot stand it and it's not like I can get away from it. The wearing of headphones in my office is also discouraged so I can't drown him out either.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

The opposite of "100 texts in a row" is pretty bad too.

A: Hey, you have any plans tonight?
B: Just sitting at home
B: What's up?

And then no reply for 16+ hours. Are they just hitting send, dropping their phone, then diving out the nearest window action movie style?

Also, when people are reading the newspaper and instead of just turning the pages they pull out each page as they are finished with it and throw it into a pile. Then when I go to read the paper every page is loose in a random order with half of them folded the wrong direction so it takes a few minutes to reassemble it. I know that print media is mostly dead, but it's still shocking to see people who actually don't know how to operate a newspaper or magazine.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
People who yell at the TV. So it's sunday, football, hooray! Everyone's just sitting there yelling and screaming at the TV set, clapping and cheering. The players can't loving hear you. You have zero input on the game, yelling at them to run faster achieves nothing.

Yeah Bro
Feb 4, 2012

Nuebot posted:

People who yell at the TV. So it's sunday, football, hooray! Everyone's just sitting there yelling and screaming at the TV set, clapping and cheering. The players can't loving hear you. You have zero input on the game, yelling at them to run faster achieves nothing.

autism spectrum disorder

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Nuebot posted:

Do you get mad when people laugh at the TV too? The comedians can't hear you laughing after all, so it doesn't compute. Or how about crying when something sad happens? A logical robot wouldn't do this so why do people do it?

It's sports, people get emotionally invested in it. Sitting in absolute silence watching football is incredibly boring. My pet peeve is having to explain that no, I don't actually think the players can hear me or my yelling is effecting the game. It's always anti-football nerds too.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Nuebot posted:

Because it's exciting you goober.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

And then no reply for 16+ hours. Are they just hitting send, dropping their phone, then diving out the nearest window action movie style?

Also, when people are reading the newspaper and instead of just turning the pages they pull out each page as they are finished with it and throw it into a pile. Then when I go to read the paper every page is loose in a random order with half of them folded the wrong direction so it takes a few minutes to reassemble it. I know that print media is mostly dead, but it's still shocking to see people who actually don't know how to operate a newspaper or magazine.

My mother does this thing where she'll call me and when I try to call her back, no answer. I imagine that she just tosses her phone into the backyard after the first attempt/

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Nettles Coterie posted:

I hate when I'm texting back and forth with someone and suddenly they try to call me. Like, I get that some things take way longer to text than to just call and have a little conversation (and I'm probably somebody's pet peeve here) but I hate talking on the phone and I don't want to get sucked into a ten-minute conversation when I'm trying to do other things. It's much easier for me to just read/send a message here and there when I have a second, rather than stop what I'm doing to focus on a phone convo. Actually, now that I think of it, this is probably connected to the above issue.

I don't mind when people phone me, and I don't have a problem phoning businesses, but I hate phoning people and almost never do it. It just seems really rude - I don't know what they're doing, if they're busy or in the middle of something, but I'm going to just interrupt them and make them talk to me? No, I'll send a text so they can just reply whenever they've got a minute. I know that technically people can just not answer the phone if they're busy, but no one does that. The phone rings, they answer, regardless of what else is going on.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Murphy Brownback posted:

Do you get mad when people laugh at the TV too?
No, but no one shouts encore at the TV either. Cheering or booing or whatever when your team scores or loses I'm cool with. But screaming at the guy on set to run faster, or turn left is pretty goofy. :shrug:

cash crab posted:

My mother does this thing where she'll call me and when I try to call her back, no answer. I imagine that she just tosses her phone into the backyard after the first attempt/

One guy I know has a habit of turning his phone off immediately after he finishes a call for some god forsaken reason so I'll miss a call, get a message like "Hey, call me back it's important!" and then upon calling him back, I find out that his phone is off. Then he gets mad no one calls him back.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Nuebot posted:

One guy I know has a habit of turning his phone off immediately after he finishes a call for some god forsaken reason so I'll miss a call, get a message like "Hey, call me back it's important!" and then upon calling him back, I find out that his phone is off. Then he gets mad no one calls him back.

Someone should tell him.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
I have three cat's

deliverie's to the back

etc

WHO TAUGHT YOU TO USE APOSTROPHES IN ALL OF YOUR PLURAL WORDS????

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Retail Slave posted:

I have three cat's

deliverie's to the back

etc

WHO TAUGHT YOU TO USE APOSTROPHES IN ALL OF YOUR PLURAL WORDS????

Username/post combo, I looked behind the counter at my local supermarket's deli once and my inner grammar :spergin: just about died; every box was naturally labeled as a plural of a product and every single one had innapropriate apostrophes. Even some customer-facing signs they put up do it.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
Oh god, plural apostrophes are my biggest grammatical peeve. Incorrect apostrophes in general, actually.

They're really not that hard! Is the word you're looking for a contraction, or two words shortened into one? Is it possessive, indicating that the noun is the owner of another object? Awesome! Jam an apostrophe in there!

Is it neither of those things? THEN IT DOESN'T NEED AN APOSTROPHE.

Especially if it's a character name for your fantasy novel. :colbert:

(Of course I realize that after writing all this, it's extremely possible that I forgot another usage for apostrophes. So I apologize in advance for potentially not even knowing what the gently caress I'm complaining about.)

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Parasol Prophet posted:

(Of course I realize that after writing all this, it's extremely possible that I forgot another usage for apostrophes. So I apologize in advance for potentially not even knowing what the gently caress I'm complaining about.)

Plurals of single letters, e.g. "dot your I's and cross your T's." :eng101:

E: That's a massive edge case though, you're essentially not wrong.

AlphaKretin has a new favorite as of 07:06 on Jan 4, 2016

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

AlphaKretin posted:

Plurals of single letters, e.g. "dot your I's and cross your T's." :eng101:

Optionally numbers and acronyms initialisms as well: "CD's were introduced in the 1980's."

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

AlphaKretin posted:

Username/post combo, I looked behind the counter at my local supermarket's deli once and my inner grammar :spergin: just about died; every box was naturally labeled as a plural of a product and every single one had innapropriate apostrophes. Even some customer-facing signs they put up do it.

One day I was in kind of a bad mood, and stopped at a local convenience store to pick up a couple of things. I saw plural apostrophes everywhere, immediately walked out, and went to a nearby grocery store.

My wife thinks I'm super anal about it, but it seems to be getting worse all the time.

BigBallChunkyTime has a new favorite as of 15:05 on Jan 4, 2016

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

1) Text someone from one room.
2) Leave that room without taking your phone with you.
3) Make all your friends mad at you forever.

I have been very guilty of this. In my defense, I was not used to living in an apartment with more than one room yet. :shobon:

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Nettles Coterie posted:

Today's peeves brought to you by: apartment hunting
1) when an apartment manager posts and posts the same exact ad, with a different cheesy title, every ten minutes and clogs up the listings. If I wasn't interested the first time, what makes you think I'd be MORE inclined the fiftieth time?

2) listings that have no pictures, or only a series of pictures of one thing (like the outside or the loving CLOSETS), or only pictures of the lovely complex gym, pool, office, etc.

3) listings that have no address, not even a neighborhood/town. Is it in town, or an hour out in the boondocks? WHO KNOWS??

4) listings that go out of their way to obscure/leave out important information, like price, square feet, whether they accept pets, etc. I shouldn't have to call to figure out if I'm even remotely interested in the loving place.

5) pictures that have nothing to do with the place itself, like memes, lovely jokes, pop culture references and other bullshit eye-catchers. Usually goes hand in hand with number 1.

6) "get on our wait list today!" "our wait list is open!" especially in an ad posted twenty million times. What the gently caress is this bullshit?

7) "pets OK with $50/month additional pet rent per animal" What the gently caress, is the cat gonna run the water and use the stove while we're not home? HOW is it more expensive to have a cat move in than a human? Pet deposits I understand, but there's no loving reason for "pet rent" besides being greedy assholes.

edit: 8) "townhome" on Craigslist apparently means "lovely-rear end, blocky apartment with no landscaping or redeeming features".

From a while back, but I can help shed some light on why some of this irritating poo poo happens:
  1. Property managers working for the big-box (especially ones with main offices located thousands of miles away) agencies have to be able to prove that they are working their hardest to fill units. Usually, your direct supervisor is in a carrot/stick situation and will ride your rear end incessantly because empty units are hurting his or her region's numbers, which either results in a hit to an incentive package or a stern phone call from corporate. Essentially, they need to constantly justify their cushy middle manager job. So, the poor guy or gal actually on the ground gets bombarded with emails and calls from a nervous supervisor, wanting to know what was done today to fill units. Refreshing a listing this way is a pretty easy junk item you can put on your "list of poo poo I did today to make you look good."

2. The big-box joints are guilty as heck of this one, though smaller operations do it too. In the latter case, your landlord might be some dinosaur who can barely run a camera, so you're lucky to even get those closet shots. Less scrupulous property managers omit images so you can't see what a dump the place is before you make an appointment for a showing. The big-box idiots are so bogged down by middle-managers trying to look important that the best you can hope for is a lovely scan of a floor plan and maybe some tiny photos of a model unit taken with a instant camera back in the 1970s. The reason you see so many photos of the gym/fitness center/pool? Those are professional photos, taken intentionally to make whatever shithole apartment complex you're looking at seem warm and inviting. They don't bother with photos of the interiors because they're expensive, and might turn potential tenants off before they get a chance to hear the scripted garbage that the property manager gets paid to spew at them. They want you on-site or at least on the phone so they can offer you rent concessions and all that jazz before you see how tiny the bedrooms are or whatever.

3. See the last point above--no address means you have to call or visit, and they want to talk the place up before you see it.

4. And again, see above.

5. Usually the fault of a self-important person in marketing. "Millennials fuckin' love them some memes, I learned about that while pursuing my associate's degree in marketing at Podunk Community College!"

6. A waitlist lets us take your info down and call you back when we have a vacancy. Oh, it's not a courtesy for you--it's so we have some fallback contacts when someone bolts on us at the end of the quarter and our numbers are in danger of dipping. Why in the blue hell anyone thinks it's a good idea to dig up stale-rear end contacts from months ago who have already found somewhere else to live and ask them if they're still looking is beyond me, but they do it anyway. I don't think I've ever done a callback from more than a couple weeks ago and filled a unit as a result. Plus, callbacks (old and recent) are great for the on-site manager's "poo poo I did today to move units" list because they're really easy and don't take too long.

7. ALL PETS SUCK poo poo AND WE HATE THEM. I know what you're thinking--"Wait a minute, Fai--don't you have a dog and cat?" Yes, and they rule, but then again I actually own this house so I give a drat if they poo poo and piss everywhere and wreck up the place. When it's not your house, you're less likely to care. Pet deposits and pet rent serve two purposes: they're ways to bank some cash to replace the carpet after Precious inevitably makes it smell like a combination homeless shelter and Humane Society kennel by the end of your lease, and they're also deterrents. Hmm, don't wanna pay that extra pet rent and ridiculous non-refundable deposit? Maybe find somewhere else to live!

8. Yeop. I think that's more a Craigslist thing than a property manager thing, though.

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

Captain Lavender posted:

Mannnn... when I was a kid, my step mom was the slowest eater. She'd take like a minute gathering together a bite on her fork, and then lift it, hold it, stare off into space, and then make some inane observation about nothing in particular. Then she'd eat it. She would barely have started by the time the rest of us were done.

Yes, yes, yes, a thousand times yes! My mother is the worst to eat with. She eats slower than anyone in the world, won't let you leave the table when she's eating, and incessantly asks for new hot water for her tea at restaurants. It's polite to obey the rules of the house when you're visiting so I put up with it but it's definitely irrationally irritating.

She always sits as far away as possible from the salt and pepper at the table, even though she's the only one in my family that uses salt or pepper. We all use hot-sauce but she never lets it be on the table. Just the mother-loving salt and pepper shakers. Being asked to pass the salt drives me insane. Even when I place the salt right by her plate, she still asks for it. It's right loving there!!! Just pick the fucker up and don't interrupt me!!!

The tea. The endless hot water to re-hydrate the thrice used tea bag. One has to watch her slowly finish her tea, be it hot or cold, while no conversation goes on. We all just stare into space, uncomfortably listing to the slowest eater on the earth sip at her tea. God almighty, it's sit, chat, eat, pay, leave. I don't want to watch you fuss at a glass of water, we can talk at home.

Also people that eat their fries before their burger. What the gently caress? My daughter does that and it drives me nuts.

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Doesn't think, just types.

mostlygray posted:

Also people that eat their fries before their burger. What the gently caress? My daughter does that and it drives me nuts.

People who eat their burger before their fries. That's the main course, the fries are the appetizer! :colbert:

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
Also, fries get lovely way quicker than a burger.

FetusSlapper
Jan 6, 2005

by exmarx
When you go to the grocery store and every single hand of bananas is solid green.

When you go to the grocery store and its busy as gently caress and people don't seem to notice and stop and chat in the middle of the isle or park their cart and then stand next to it pondering which box of pasta or whatever to buy. Why yes, I enjoy having to make tick tock noises behind your inconsiderateness; and then I enjoy the glare you give me like I'm the one being annoying.

When you go to the grocery store at like 2am and there is a full family shopping; with 2 adults and 1-4 kids running around late at night. Why can't one of you stay home and watch the kids while the other does the shopping?

It probably doesn't help that I live near one of the only WinCo's in the area and people come from all around to shop there for cheap.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

When you're behind someone at a traffic light and they start to sloooooowly inch forward when the light is nowhere near changing. I feel compelled to inch up behind them, lest I look like the idiot who leaves too much space between herself and the car in front of her.

Bonus points if, after being so eager to go, the light turns green and they just sit there for several seconds doing God knows what. Or just people who do that in general. Hey! loving pay attention! I got places to be, here! :argh:

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.
You have to always obey the tyres and tarmac rule so don't be scared to leave a gap :argh: It's there so you have manoeuvring room in case you need to make way for emergency services etc. If you're bumper to bumper then you can't move and Grace Jones will break into song.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

DavidAlltheTime posted:

It may have been mentioned here before, but the new use of the word 'salty', to mean being irritated. I've only seen it on these forums, and I can't imagine how it sounds cool to use by people. Whenever I imagine someone saying it in real life, it's a horrible bro using it.

"Dude, you're getting a little salty there about a word. Chill, yo! Let's take the jeep to the mall to help you cool down!"

Hate it.

Although it has seen an odd resurgence in these forums recently, it's pretty old. George Carlin used it in a way that suggested it was a fairly common term in Class Clown, which was 1992.

And regarding fries before burgers. Burgers are better, so you save them for last. Also you don't want your mom eating all your fries, so you got to get rid of them quick. (This is also from 1992)

Lemon has a new favorite as of 19:24 on Jan 4, 2016

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

Lemon posted:

Although it has seen an odd resurgence in these forums recently, it's pretty old. George Carlin used it in a way that suggested it was a fairly common term in Class Clown, which was 1992.

Or 1972, if you buy vinyl.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Or 1972, if you buy vinyl.

You know, I thought that sounded a little too recent. Guess I'll never make a good reporter!

DavidAlltheTime
Feb 14, 2008

All David...all the TIME!
Well then there should be a rule: 'If you're George Carlin, you can say salty. Otherwise, knock it off.'

I'd also like to add 'The person at the front of the advance left turn line not noticing when their light turns green', to my list of pet peeves. I've started to time how long it takes these idiots to proceed into the intersection and it's not uncommon to get to four or five seconds before they move, which is an eternity while driving. Ugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Scoofles
Dec 6, 2004

On the flip side of painfully slow eaters, my husband is a painfully fast eater. When we go out for a meal he just puts his eyes down and eats, he doesn't stop to talk. If anybody remembers Homer Simpson line 'can't talk...busy...eating' that's my dinner partner.