Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Space Lincoln did nothing wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
He was assassinated by Elim Wilkes Booth.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Apollodorus posted:

No, that was Abraham Lincoln, to Uhura.

Then he apologized if he'd offended her, and she said it was okay and that their society had evolved beyond being offended by words.

This is actually pretty funny.

I get the point they are trying to make, but still.

"You loving friend of the family scum, you're sub human filth that don't deserve to be serving on a ship next to these white folk"

"Sorry, I am from a society that has evolved beyond being offended by words so I'm literally not bothered at all that you said that "

Imagine if you were like the only racist guy in Starfleet, you could just say whatever you want and it would phase people.

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

Kitchner posted:

"You loving friend of the family scum, you're sub human filth that don't deserve to be serving on a ship next to these white folk"

"Sorry, I am from a society that has evolved beyond being offended by words so I'm literally not bothered at all that you said that "

Imagine if you were like the only racist guy in Starfleet, you could just say whatever you want and it would phase people.

i mean in a crazy utopian future where black people arent actually in any way disadvantaged it probably would be okay for everyone to say "friend of the family" though

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

why would humans be racist against their own when they have klinks and spoonheads to hate on

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

eSports Chaebol posted:

i mean in a crazy utopian future where black people arent actually in any way disadvantaged it probably would be okay for everyone to say "friend of the family" though

Finally, white people can reclaim the word "friend of the family" after we invented it and it was reclaimed by black people.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry

VectorSigma posted:

why would humans be racist against their own when they have klinks and spoonheads to hate on

That's a good point.

"We are beyond being offended by words because we are superior to you, you dirty loving spoon head! "

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

check that last guy's house for corpses IMMEDIATELY imo

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

owns

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry

Mr. Pumroy posted:

check that last guy's house for corpses IMMEDIATELY imo

I think all of them are likely to be serial killers or rapists

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

:stare:

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry
That second one could be an emote

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT

eSports Chaebol posted:

Kitchner posted:

I think they would still recognize such a person as an idiot, they just wouldn't waste the time on being offended.

Also Uhura definitely knew Lincoln was about 400 years out of time, and cut him some slack.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Naxuz posted:

I started watching DS9 again after finishing it a couple of years ago and I have a hard time not shouting out JAMBALAYA every time Avery Brooks does one of his insane happy/worried faces and/or raises his voice.

"Go above my head one more time and I will JAMBALAYA on a platter"

I do this too but my callback word is ALAMARAIN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IMBUa7w9K4

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

shadow puppet of a posted:

Oh for sure man. Enjoy the gently caress out of those endless Jamie Bamber mainplot episodes. Watch Chief Tyrol's lovely marriage drama up front and constantly rather than have Chief Miles who would at least take a loving break from it every once and a while.

Battlestar Galactica would be lucky to make the same top 10 list as Babylon 5,. It cannot even sniff DS9's upper pylons.

BSG isn't a DS9 Equivalent, it's a Voyager reboot.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Shab posted:

I do this too but my callback word is ALAMARAIN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IMBUa7w9K4

I really wish those guys had shown up again in some late season episode for a cameo. What a weird race.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT

Entropic posted:

BSG isn't a DS9 Equivalent, it's a Voyager reboot.

Yeah it's like everything interesting about Voyager condensed into 3 seasons' worth of great sci-fi (plus one season's worth of mediocre-to-bad sci-fi).

Gaeta is the Ensign Kim we should have gotten, and Admiral Cain is the Captain Janeway that Kate Mulgrew should have gotten to play.

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

Apollodorus posted:

Yeah it's like everything interesting about Voyager condensed into 3 seasons' worth of great sci-fi (plus one season's worth of mediocre-to-bad sci-fi).

Gaeta is the Ensign Kim we should have gotten, and Admiral Cain is the Captain Janeway that Kate Mulgrew should have gotten to play.

You know I never thought of it that way, but that's actually a really good point. Totally agree about Gaeta, he did a full on mutiny when he broke down and realised he's wasted his life in space-Barbie academy, whereas Kim just went out on the lash with the Varro and got an STI.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

BottledBodhisvata posted:

I really wish those guys had shown up again in some late season episode for a cameo. What a weird race.

That was a bummer. Was that an issue of paying writers credit if a species is re-used? Those were the best aliens, aside from Weyoun himself, to come through that worm hole.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

That was a bummer. Was that an issue of paying writers credit if a species is re-used? Those were the best aliens, aside from Weyoun himself, to come through that worm hole.

I'd honestly love to have them come back with some sort of three dimensional dungeons and dragons game and put the Season 7 cast, including Garak, into a medieval knights and magic setting.

Garak would naturally play a rogue, Sisko is a paladin or cleric, Kira would be a barbarian/warrior, Ezri would be a wizard...

For shits and giggles, Worf is a bard, and while he initially resents not being a warrior, he secretly loves singing at the top of his lungs while everyone charges in to fight the dragon, which is voiced by Gul Dukat of course.

The quest is given to them by Kai Winn, who of course turns out to be the real villain in the end.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

I'd honestly love to have them come back with some sort of three dimensional dungeons and dragons game and put the Season 7 cast, including Garak, into a medieval knights and magic setting.

Garak would naturally play a rogue, Sisko is a paladin or cleric, Kira would be a barbarian/warrior, Ezri would be a wizard...

For shits and giggles, Worf is a bard, and while he initially resents not being a warrior, he secretly loves singing at the top of his lungs while everyone charges in to fight the dragon, which is voiced by Gul Dukat of course.

The quest is given to them by Kai Winn, who of course turns out to be the real villain in the end.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Just one more way DS9 would make Worf better.

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
On the other hand, let's not do that

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
In the middle of like season 6 of DS9 right now- best Trek for sure

takes a while to warm up but so does TNG so no real advantage there and early season DS9 is obviously superior to early season TNG

man Dukat is like this perfect narcissistic rear end in a top hat; glad we're seeing more of him in S6

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

Monkey Fracas posted:

In the middle of like season 6 of DS9 right now- best Trek for sure

takes a while to warm up but so does TNG so no real advantage there and early season DS9 is obviously superior to early season TNG

man Dukat is like this perfect narcissistic rear end in a top hat; glad we're seeing more of him in S6

DS9 had Garak, TNG never stood a chance.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
i played bar trivia a few nights back and one of the teams was named "The Wesley Crushers" which i got a kick out of because I'm a huge nerd

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

they tried to pull off the bang their chopsticks together thing with the jemhadar and were wiped out in an orbital bombardment

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

i played bar trivia a few nights back and one of the teams was named "The Wesley Crushers" which i got a kick out of because I'm a huge nerd

I played bar trivia a year or two back on a team with friends named "Cloud City Malt Liquor"

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0YOUJoldfo

Gibberish fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Jan 5, 2016

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

O'Brien will play Falcon whether he wants to or not

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

Filthy Hans posted:

O'Brien will play Falcon whether he wants to or not

Shoulder injury, take 1d6 STR damage.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
Bashir is forbidden from rolling the dice because his genetic augmentations would give him an advantage. Instead, Nog serves as his surrogate roller, but falls ill at the last minute and is replaced with Rom, who plays a halfling and is also a terrible roller. As such, every action Bashir takes has a critical failure that only serves to make things worse for him.

EDIT: At the end, though, Quark slips Rom some loaded dice and he gets a perfect 20 to save the day. Nobody can prove anything, and Odo makes a pithy remark about how sometimes cheating makes the game better.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Rom rolling for Bashir would kick off a Leeta-based fistfight before the D20 stopped spinning. The Day Shift does not take any stick from loose-panted geneboy barbless-dicked little salutatorians.

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world
Was Bashir in the mirror universe episodes? If so, was he retarded or subhuman or whatever he was before they cooked his genes or whatever

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

CharlieWhiskey posted:

Was Bashir in the mirror universe episodes? If so, was he retarded or subhuman or whatever he was before they cooked his genes or whatever

You are way over thinking mirror universe. the time-line split happened when, like WWII? None of the characters should have mirror versions of each other. The whole thing is a joke (that got kinda played the gently caress out).

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Mirror Universe Darmok and Mirror Universe Jalad at Mirror Universe Tenagra

Mirror Universe Boothby

Mirror Universe Tard Aliens who look for things to make us go

Ill poo poo

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Honeytrapping Kira with sexy mirror Bareil was a good use of the resource, but time spent inside "Smiley's" DS9 was generally a waste of time given the brief window of opportunity DS9 had while it was making Star Trek cool and good.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Honeytrapping Kira with sexy mirror Bareil was a good use of the resource, but time spent inside "Smiley's" DS9 was generally a waste of time given the brief window of opportunity DS9 had while it was making Star Trek cool and good.

Sorry but the Mirror Universe episodes were easily the highlights of their seasons and pirate Sisko is the best loving thing. He's so hammy and swashbuckling that I sort of wish he kept it up when he got back to the regular universe.

Evil Kira is the best character, she's just...she's so evil! And horny. She's very evil and very horny.

EDIT: Also Mirror Bashir totally existed and he was scruffy and unkempt and fairly violent and petty and he was always challenging Sisko and later Smiley for authority.

I don't know what happens to him in the end, except that he kills Mirror Vic Fontaine in a sweet phaser gun battle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Mirror Universe Bashir has exactly one character trait and that is "Belligerent rear end in a top hat"

• Locked thread