Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Zoness posted:

Look creative made that impossible because everyone knows that Akoum, Jwar Isle, et al can't have Refuges up any more :shepface:

i can't even tell if this is a joke lol, thats how low i think of creative

BizarroAzrael posted:

Didn't see this here, the Reddit exclusive spoiler:

http://imgur.com/uVcdchJ

{2}{W}
Creature — Eldrazi (Rare)
Devoid (this card has no color.)
{2}{C}: Exile another target creature, then return it to the battlefield tapped under its owner's control. ({C} represents colorless mana.)
3/3

So a white Eldrazi. Interesting effectm to nip it in the bud, stuff like Ulamog and the processors don't have ETBs, but triggers on casting.

Edit: Nothing rotates for Oath, next rotation is Shadows over Innistrad.

Edit again: This interferes with flip walkers, kills tokens and bounces Rhino for the next 3 months.

this is cool, this card is sweet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Rinkles posted:

It's not that widely played anymore (and not a good enough reason regardless, I think)

Fair enough.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

When Oath drops in a couple weeks what leaves?

Just Khans or does Fate and Dragons go w/it?

Or nothing?

Nothing.

There are two rotations a year now: with the large Spring Set and the large Fall Set. Every rotation the 2 oldest sets leave. Whenever the second set of a block comes out, nothing leaves. Whenever the first set of a new block comes out, the oldest block leaves.

Next rotation is when Shadows Over Innistrad comes out in the spring, and Khans and Fate will leave. The next rotation after that is when the as-yet-unannounced fall set comes out, and Dragons and Origins will leave.

We're still in transition to the new structure now, for the purposes of rotation, KTK and FRF count as a block and DRK and ORI count as a block.

Entropic fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Jan 4, 2016

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Errant Gin Monks posted:

Yeah I didn't see the tapped line. It doesn't work. The other ones are valid.

It also doesn't grant haste, so wouldn't work regardless.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Errant Gin Monks posted:

Yeah I didn't see the tapped line. It doesn't work. The other ones are valid.

Oh gently caress.

Thragtusk.

I don't like this card anymore.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I think that the new Eldrazi is incredibly strong in Modern with Silkbind Faerie

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Zulaport Cutthroat + Eldrazi Displacer + Brood Monitor would probably be A Thing in BFZ block constructed if it existed.

BizarroAzrael posted:

Huh. I wonder why Stranger gets an ETB when the big processors have "on cast"? Just a power level thing?

Also embarrassed to not notice that after playing BW Eldrazi online all weekend.
I think eldrazi with colored mana costs have ETB effects while ones with truly generic costs are on-cast. I guess that's the same as the RoE ones.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:
I can see eldrazi ramp splashing white to bounce atarka for fun as well after combat,

Rinkles posted:

It also doesn't grant haste, so wouldn't work regardless.

I already said I was wrong.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

rabidsquid posted:

I think that the new Eldrazi is incredibly strong in Modern with Silkbind Faerie

For six mana? I think there are individual cards that do it for less.

Edit: Five mana, but it's better with something that taps a guy down as an ETB. Pestermite and that.

BizarroAzrael fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Jan 4, 2016

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
Another fun yet expensive interaction, cast Hallowed Moonlight, bounce your big dudes. BYE

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Errant Gin Monks posted:

Another fun yet expensive interaction, cast Hallowed Moonlight, bounce your big dudes. BYE

That could work in a Oblivion Sower deck actually.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

the actual fun interaction is the thing we came with on irc

this thing, brood monitor, zulaport cutthroat

no it's probably not good

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Errant Gin Monks posted:

You are out of your mind. Abzan will jam 4 of these day 1. 6 mana is nothing in this standard.

Bouncing Nissa every turn

With your two basic forests?

Actually abzan doesnt even seem to play nissa atm - thats the mono G deck w/ 10 forests playing her from what I can find.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Jan 4, 2016

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Elyv posted:

the actual fun interaction is the thing we came with on irc

this thing, brood monitor, zulaport cutthroat

no it's probably not good
It's not amazing but it's the most plausible infinite combo in standard. You're only running one lovely card for it and it's in reasonable colors too.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Zoness posted:

With your two basic forests?

Actually abzan doesnt even seem to play nissa atm - thats the mono G deck w/ 10 forests playing her from what I can find.

Not all those were just for abzan I should have been more specific. Just bouncing rhino is good enough for them.

There are ways to break this. Some kind of abzan ramp deck that fires off seige rhinos all day. I will end up building one since I have all the pieces but this card.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

BizarroAzrael posted:

For six mana? I think there are individual cards that do it for less.

Edit: Five mana, but it's better with something that taps a guy down as an ETB. Pestermite and that.

Actually I changed my mind, it's even more insane with Benthicore. If you throw in a Crackleburr you basically can't lose the game.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

rabidsquid posted:

Actually I changed my mind, it's even more insane with Benthicore. If you throw in a Crackleburr you basically can't lose the game.

Irony aside LLM and SSE were great draft formats.

Also Flickerdrazi seems pretty neat with mastery of the unseen and/or dragonlord atarka.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Jan 4, 2016

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

"Pass turn. Manifest 3 guys?"
"Nah I think I'll flip up my Displacer and flicker my Ulamog into play."

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Zoness posted:

Irony aside LLM and SSE were great draft formats.

Also Flickerdrazi seems pretty neat with mastery of the unseen

Oh poo poo! I love this! Except for the big Eldrazi "on cast" triggers.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

It can also be used to save awaken lands from removal spells, though it makes them go back to sleep.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Errant Gin Monks posted:

You are out of your mind. Abzan will jam 4 of these day 1. 6 mana is nothing in this standard.

Bouncing Nissa every turn
Bouncing seige rhino
Bouncing other people's counter creatures and tokens
Bouncing your Jace for multiple draw triggers

It's an easily abused card.
You can't get multiple draws from Jace and bouncing Nissa is pretty meh. Bouncing Siege Rhino's is good but I still think that 3 mana every time you do it is a high cost especially when this guy will just die alot of the time for no value.

Errant Gin Monks posted:

Christmassland.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Seems like a bit of a flavor miss considering its best use in limited will probably be making Ally decks go off, but other then that, seems pretty cool.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Altar of the Brood is better than Cutthroat if you're going pure combo w/ Brood Monitor + DIscplacer because it is only 1 mana and is far more difficult to remove. (Plus, it has cool card name synergy. :v: )

OfChristandMen
Feb 14, 2006

GENERIC CANDY AVATAR #2

Kalli posted:

Seems like a bit of a flavor miss considering its best use in limited will probably be making Ally decks go off, but other then that, seems pretty cool.

It's pretty good at making opponents creatures unable to block your dudes, attack and kills scion/tokens.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

OfChristandMen posted:

It's pretty good at making opponents creatures unable to block your dudes, attack and kills scion/tokens.

Well, technically they can still block but it does make killing dudes in combat harder

OfChristandMen
Feb 14, 2006

GENERIC CANDY AVATAR #2

mandatory lesbian posted:

Well, technically they can still block but it does make killing dudes in combat harder

They return to the battlefield tapped.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
Resetting a Warden to level zero isn't nothing, too.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy
The only real weakness is that it can't bounce itself so it'll just eat the first removal spell but eating the first removal spell (and being immune to Ultimate Price) in place of your Tasigur/Anafenza/Rhino is pretty ok regardless

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
3 mana for an interactive ability you can use the turn it comes down AND getting a 3/3 body out of the deal is pretty sweet. I'm a Limited Guy myself, but that card has to be powerful enough for constructed play of some sort, maybe even Modern?

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
When the hell did ghostly prison get up to 8 bucks?

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Gyshall posted:

3 mana for an interactive ability you can use the turn it comes down AND getting a 3/3 body out of the deal is pretty sweet. I'm a Limited Guy myself, but that card has to be powerful enough for constructed play of some sort, maybe even Modern?

modern I doubt but I'd be p surprised if it didn't see standard play

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Bugsy posted:

When the hell did ghostly prison get up to 8 bucks?

Go see The Big Short and pretend Ryan Gosling, Brad Pitt, et al are all basement nerds. It will explain everything.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

OfChristandMen posted:

They return to the battlefield tapped.

wow i didn't even realize that, that card is a nightmare

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Gyshall posted:

i'm gonna say there is a pretty good chance it sees standard play, if colorless mana is easy to generate, since it has such easy combo potential

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Errant Gin Monks posted:

Bouncing seige rhino

Remember when we were describing how different decks would look to people in an in-universe wizard battle?

An incomprehensible eldritch being amusing itself by endlessly deleting a massive rhinoceros from existence and re-creating it moments later. For some reason this process makes one wizard really healthy and another wizard really sick.

Granted, an Eldrazi intently making and unmaking the same object over and over for all eternity (until something stops it) is actually perfectly in-flavor.

JerryLee fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Jan 4, 2016

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Errant Gin Monks posted:

I can see eldrazi ramp splashing white to bounce atarka for fun as well after combat,

I already said I was wrong.

Already should have a singleton plains in the deck for post sideboard radiant flames :smugwizard:

Tamagod Sushi
Oct 26, 2009

One Bad Muthapaca

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Go see The Big Short and pretend Ryan Gosling, Brad Pitt, et al are all basement nerds. It will explain everything.

The Mana Short, if you would.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
Flickerdrazi has amusing potential with Channel

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

The Real Foogla posted:

Flickerdrazi has amusing potential with Channel

it's not gonna be played in vintage, let's not go crazy

Adbot