Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Accident Underwater posted:

I watched this last weekend and I sounded really stupid when I tried to describe it to my wife. It's a very interesting movie, I thought.

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

I love it but it's absolutely a confounding movie.

Thank god. I was worried I was alone in my uncertainty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Short Penguin
Jun 1, 2010

Slandible posted:

The Babadook, Occulus, A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night I think are all still available for horror.

girl walks home alone at night is a great girl power movie, and beautiful.

speshl guy
Dec 11, 2012
As someone who really enjoyed The Departed, is Infernal Affairs worth it or is it just the same movie without the Boston accents

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

speshl guy posted:

As someone who really enjoyed The Departed, is Infernal Affairs worth it or is it just the same movie without the Boston accents

I watched it two years ago, but I remember parts of it being very different. Other parts are almost shot for shot identical to Departed. If you like Departed enough I would say it is worth watching just to see the original Chinese version.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Sock The Great posted:

Just watched Coherence and really loved it, reminded me of The One I Love. Is there anything else streaming along the same lines?

Already seen Primer etc.

Time Lapse though it is not nearly as good as Coherence (but I still enjoyed it well enough).

speshl guy
Dec 11, 2012

Sock The Great posted:

Just watched Coherence and really loved it, reminded me of The One I Love. Is there anything else streaming along the same lines?

Already seen Primer etc.

I'm sure Triangle is probably on one of the streaming services (not US netflix afaik). It gets a lot of goon love here but it's oriented more toward horror.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Hulu now has Happy Endings, at last.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Harminoff posted:

My problem with prime is that it's hard to know what's on it. Netflix's menu is just better. At least for me on my fire tv stick, unless I just don't know how to use it properly.

http://instantwatcher.com/a

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

speshl guy posted:

It's worth watching for the quality of acting IMO. Or, for a better version of a similar story check out the Korean film "New World".

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

"Popular now on Prime movies"

quote:

#1 An Erotic Tale of Ms. Dracula
#2 Carousel of Sex

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
That happens on Hulu, too, Netflix must scrub out the titles that desperate 12-year-olds zone in on

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

GonSmithe posted:

"Popular now on Prime movies"

If you could only watch one, which would it be?

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

If you could only watch one, which would it be?

An Erotic Tale of Ms. Dracula posted:

An investigation at Ms. Dracula's mansion into the disappearance of a local beauty leads a group of characters, pulled from the pages of vampire fiction, on a wild goose chase that results in numerous hijinks and the discovery of new erotic secrets.

Carousel of Sex posted:

After falling for a handsome philanthropist, a working woman, who lives life to the fullest, fantasizes about a new life. Will she run away or will her voluptuous rival steal her happiness away?

So Carousel of Sex is a Fifty Shades of Grey cash in, and the other one as far as I can tell is a SkineMax movie. That's a rough loving choice.

I think I'd have to go with An Erotic Tale of Ms. Dracula.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
I'll take erotic Draculas over erotic rich dudes any day.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
That's interesting, from the titles I would've sworn for sure both movies were from the late 60's/early 70's.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

morestuff posted:

That happens on Hulu, too, Netflix must scrub out the titles that desperate 12-year-olds zone in on

Sounds like a bad business plan.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

lol if you don't already have An Erotic Tale of Ms. Dracula on bluray.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Wiggles Von Huggins posted:

lol if you don't already have An Erotic Tale of Ms. Dracula on bluray.

Honestly if that were the title to one of the Hammer sequels I wouldn't be surprised.

Really just watch Taste the Blood of Dracula or Dracula Has Risen from the Grave if you want erotic Dracula.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

I don't want erotic Dracula, I want erotic Ms. Dracula, GOD.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

speshl guy posted:

The only similarity between the two films is the plot. They're both excellent.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

GonSmithe posted:

So Carousel of Sex is a Fifty Shades of Grey cash in, and the other one as far as I can tell is a SkineMax movie. That's a rough loving choice.

I think I'd have to go with An Erotic Tale of Ms. Dracula.

Do they still have that Asylum version of 50 Shades with Cordelia from Buffy? It was surprisingly nuts at the end.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Jack Gladney posted:

Do they still have that Asylum version of 50 Shades with Cordelia from Buffy? It was surprisingly nuts at the end.

Pretty sure it's on Netflix or Hulu.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
It's on Netflix and she shows off her tits a whole bunch. Was pretty hot. Movie was predictable as gently caress but it was worth it. A+ DD would watch again.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
Watch Circle last night. Like Cruel & Unusual, it's a fun Twilight Zone style low budget movie. 50 people wake up in a room, discover they are expected to vote every two minutes on who will live and who will die and the majority of them, predictably, become giant dicks. It's not perfect by any means, but it's enjoyable and pretty mean.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

The fact that the star/producer of the film operates as "Taggart Productions", I have a feeling that the moral lesson of that film is sadly intended to be that he, who survives by manipulation and lying, is in the right.

lament.cfg fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Jan 5, 2016

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

a worthy uhh posted:

The fact that the star/producer of the film operates as "Taggart Productions", I have a feeling that the moral lesson of that film is sadly intended to be that he, who survives by manipulation and lying, is in the right.

If that's true then the writers did a bad job of conveying their intended message.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

mysterious frankie posted:

If that's true then the writers did a bad job of conveying their intended message.

Agreed, but hey, same with Atlas Shrugged

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

It struck me more like a good ol' fashioned post war, Rod Sterling has been up for three days straight chain smoking & brooding when he came up with a minor but entertaining, bitterly misanthropic story than something extolling the virtues of Objectivist philosophy.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
:siren:It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia Season 10 is up!:siren:

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Chichevache posted:

gently caress yes.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Chichevache posted:

X-Ray Pecs posted:

gently caress yes.

gently caress YES.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
This is a really good season too, I'm amazed the show is still able to make me laugh so much.

My name is Frack. poo poo!

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

"Charlie Work" is probably the best episode of Always Sunny.

LogisticEarth
Mar 28, 2004

Someone once told me, "Time is a flat circle".

a worthy uhh posted:

I read it as a critique of direct democracy and voting in general. With the exception of the one dude who didn't vote, and the "pawn" characters (the pregnant woman and child), the people surviving going forward were progressively tribal and manipulative. The "winner" was played as sympathetic up until his reveal, at which point he obviously becomes the villian.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

mysterious frankie posted:

Watch Circle last night.

Where's this available for streaming?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Sir Kodiak posted:

Netflix.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Sir Kodiak posted:

It was on Netflix last I checked. S'alright. For objectivist propaganda.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

GonSmithe posted:

"Charlie Work" is probably the best episode of Always Sunny.

The Gang Misses the Boat might be my favorite meta episode of the show, and I already loved The Gang Tries Desperately to Win an Award.

Also this season really plays up Dennis being pants-on-head crazy, which I love.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gl4csDOgSF4

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Chichevache posted:

It was on Netflix last I checked. S'alright. For objectivist propaganda.

Thanks. I'd messed up my search somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Chichevache posted:

My insomnia thanks you.

Also, my movie guilty pleasure is loving Paranormal Activity so obviously I rented Ghost Dimension on Amazon Prime. It's actually not that bad, probably the third best in the series (after the first one and The Marked Ones one).

But I can't figure out why it wasn't called "Paranormal Activity 5" because it directly follows the story of 1-4 and even kind of concludes that story (in a way that could be open-ended though, natch).