Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kenby
Apr 26, 2012

Dross posted:

what kind of mmo does that :ironicat:

I started playing this game again because it has one of my favorite class/build systems of all time but if there's nobody to play with and nothing to do then I may rethink that. Anyway I'm Dross on Deepwood so if someone could toss me a ginvite that'd be cool.

Mind of Madness is coming in a week or two with nine bosses for the tiny fraction of the population that is T3 ready (I think it's T3 now?). Three original raids for Nightmare Tide isn't too horrible, though I can see why two rehashes in a row rustles people.

I haven't seen any Goons in the channel over the last week. Probably best to try and find a pub guild.

[edit] Oh, and I heard that with 3.4 there is now a bug where random raid mobs do 25,000,000,000 damage occasionally.

Kenby fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Oct 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blacula
Dec 22, 2008

With 3.4 came a bunch of freebies, so log in before October 30th to claim the Wilds Celebration Pack.

The Wilds Celebration Pack contains:
Trove of Boosts
Overcompensation Crystallized Insight
Seafoam Crabnarok mount
Ascended Gift
Shalistiri Weapon Costume Pack

The pack is only claimable once but the items are account bound so trade the boosts, mount, and level scaling up to 60 seal (ascended gift) to alts to get the most use of all this. Also, the mount is not amphibious despite the name.

Beyond that, starting tomorrow October 10th through the 16th we are going to be getting free swag each day.

Sat, Oct 10th - A 160% Transcendent Experience Vial.
Sun, Oct 11th - An Artifact Hunter’s Bundle, which contains: 1x Artifact Hunter’s Tracking Vial, 1x Unstable Artifact Hunter’s Tracking Vial, 1x Twisted Artifact Hunter’s Tracking Vial, 1x Burning Artifact Hunter’s Tracking Vial, 1x Poison Artifact Hunter’s Tracking Vial, 1x Nightmare Artifact Hunter’s Tracking Vial
Mon, Oct 12th - Shal Korva Medallion: Grants 3,000 Shal Korva notoriety.
Tues, Oct 13th - Planetouched Pinata: Drop it on the floor. Kill the Planetouched Pinata. 10 random players in the area get a Jolt Supply Crate!
Wed, Oct 14th - Krill Companion Pet.
Thurs, Oct 15th - Dance Partner (Bahmi Female Celebrant): Dual-use item. Can be placed on the ground to spawn a dancing NPC; or Can be placed in a dimension to spawn a dancing NPC that remains in the dimension.
Fri, Oct 16th - Dance Partner (Bahmi Male Celebrant): Dual-use item. Can be placed on the ground to spawn a dancing NPC; or Can be placed in a dimension to spawn a dancing NPC that remains in the dimension.

unoplank
Aug 3, 2004
I lurk...
Looking for guild invite. IGN: Wastebasket

Thanks!

Kenby
Apr 26, 2012

Blacula posted:

Tues, Oct 13th - Planetouched Pinata: Drop it on the floor. Kill the Planetouched Pinata. 10 random players in the area get a Jolt Supply Crate!

I wonder if that means we can go into a dimension and everyone gets 10 crates. That would be pretty crazy.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
I miss this game but every time I log in there is no one else anywhere. Not just in the goon guild, but like, anywhere - zones, cities, etc. I feel like I am logged into a local server, waiting for people to join me.

WTF BEES
Feb 26, 2004

I think I just hit a creature?
So I loaded this game up again because I remember it being pretty fun, and I quit the first time because my computer just didn't have the balls to run it well. I log into my old account to find that I can't be a Beastmaster anymore without shelling out $30 for some pack? Is this really how the F2P system works for Rift? I would think a class (soul?) that was available at launch wouldn't be put behind a pay wall but there ya go.

Kenby
Apr 26, 2012

WTF BEES posted:

So I loaded this game up again because I remember it being pretty fun, and I quit the first time because my computer just didn't have the balls to run it well. I log into my old account to find that I can't be a Beastmaster anymore without shelling out $30 for some pack? Is this really how the F2P system works for Rift? I would think a class (soul?) that was available at launch wouldn't be put behind a pay wall but there ya go.

The purchasable souls are:

Storm Souls:
Harbinger - mage melee
Tactician - rogue ranged aoe
Defiler - cleric support
Tempest - warrior ranged aoe

Dream Souls:
Arbiter - mage tank
Physician - rogue healing
Oracle - cleric support
Liberator - warrior healing

And the new class, Primalist.

I'm not sure what you are experiencing. Beastmaster is all old souls I think (Beastmaster, Paragon, Reaver). Maybe you are maxed out on roles or something and it's asking you to buy a new role slot? The only obnoxious paywalls are the earrings/planewalker gear.

[edit] Whoops, you can tell I don't play rogue/warrior.

Kenby fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Oct 12, 2015

WTF BEES
Feb 26, 2004

I think I just hit a creature?

Kenby posted:

The purchasable souls are:

Storm Souls:
Harbinger - mage melee
Tactician - rogue ranged aoe
Defiler - cleric support
Tempest - warrior ranged aoe

Dream Souls:
Arbiter - mage tank
Physician - rogue healing
Oracle - cleric support
Liberator - warrior healing

And the new class, Primalist.

I'm not sure what you are experiencing. Beastmaster is all old souls I think (Beastmaster, Paragon, Reaver). Maybe you are maxed out on roles or something and it's asking you to buy a new role slot? The only obnoxious paywalls are the earrings/planewalker gear.

Beastmaster sucks now though sadly. Even for leveling people recommend Marksman if you want ranged.

Well when I logged in it had a little padlock symbol on it that says "Requires Storm Souls Pack".

Kenby
Apr 26, 2012

WTF BEES posted:

Well when I logged in it had a little padlock symbol on it that says "Requires Storm Souls Pack".

OOooh, it's because they have Tempest in the recommended Beastmaster build. Just close that screen in the bottom right and build the role yourself. I think that screen is just to help new people who don't want to assign skill points themselves. This might be an up-to-date guide for Beastmaster.

Kenby
Apr 26, 2012

So the 10-man piñata party method is a go. 30% volt rate in my group. :coolfish:

Just make sure you have 15 inventory slots or so. You don't get a new lock box, it just gives you the lockbox loot directly. Also make sure you make people link their pinata in cross-events. Don't allow PM's, make people type in crossevents so others can call out known scammers who don't open. When you do the group move a raid mark from person to person and have them open so you can confirm each person opened one.

Together we can stop piñata fraud.

[edit] They're giving out a mix of 60 and 65 gear, so maybe wait for now. People are arguing over whether this is intended or not.

Update:

Archonix posted:

It's definitely a bug.

The owner of the Pinata will get appropriate loot, but the Pinatas themselves are fickle, and just refuse to grow up. (Translation: they are pointing at some bad tables).

Feel free to open the ones you have now, we'll schedule a makeup for an upcoming hotfix that will give out a fixed version as another login bonus.

Kenby fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Oct 13, 2015

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
I'll be on tonight as Coolcorn, if anyone wants to invite me!

(Please invite me)

Disco Bandit
Nov 15, 2004

All I want for christmas is a winning season
I will also be on today as Ruadgan and would appreciate an invite!

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx

skylined! posted:

I miss this game but every time I log in there is no one else anywhere. Not just in the goon guild, but like, anywhere - zones, cities, etc. I feel like I am logged into a local server, waiting for people to join me.

I had the same experience the last time I played a few months ago. I take it this game is not doing very well and is kept alive by whales.

Too bad. It was really enjoyable when it first came out.

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Hey, has anybody else been getting server disconnects every time they try to zone in? I've been getting them for about a month (which is why i haven't been on) and it's really frustrating.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Well it seems no one else is playing this... but I just came back for the first time since launch. My name is Tumben, a level 15 cleric on Seastone.

A few questions though. What do I do with planarite? Is it a vendor I spend it at, and where are they?

Is Oracle a decent soul? I'm currently running Oracle with a few points in Warden and Inquisitor.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Droid Washington posted:

Well it seems no one else is playing this... but I just came back for the first time since launch. My name is Tumben, a level 15 cleric on Seastone.

A few questions though. What do I do with planarite? Is it a vendor I spend it at, and where are they?

Is Oracle a decent soul? I'm currently running Oracle with a few points in Warden and Inquisitor.

Oracle was overpowered as hell on release.

Like, bard but also a competitive dps.

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

Zoness posted:

Oracle was overpowered as hell on release.

Like, bard but also a competitive dps.

I'm still mad about that and I don't even play anymore.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Rianeva posted:

I'm still mad about that and I don't even play anymore.

Oh also instead of healing you did shielding so no overhealing ahahahahaha.

At least rogues got their revenge by getting the best healing spec.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
How on earth do I remove a weapon costume piece from a wardrobe? I just want to show what I have equipped.

e: Lmao, the last person to post in my server's official forum posted in 2013.

LuckyCat fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Dec 4, 2015

Arae
Jul 27, 2003

Droid Washington posted:

How on earth do I remove a weapon costume piece from a wardrobe? I just want to show what I have equipped.

Right click the costume slot to un-equip the wardrobe appearance. You may have to save the wardrobe before the appearance goes away.

The first "wardrobe set" is for not having a wardrobe defined. You can use that set to show only equipped gear.

Vendictus Prime
Feb 28, 2013

Now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.
so, based on this forums activity level and the complete lack of players in the new zone and in Draumheim I have seen when online, am I safe in saying this game has fallen on really bad times now, even after this latest update?

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Rift has been dead for ages.

LordNat
May 16, 2009

KaneTW posted:

Rift has been dead for ages.

It's time to revive it again. The guild needs to make a come back and start Raiding again.

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008
don't play rift, thanks

LordNat
May 16, 2009

Thunderbro posted:

don't play rift, thanks

I have to have something to do while I AFK Ratt in EVE.

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

Thunderbro posted:

don't play rift, thanks

:yeah:

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Thunderbro posted:

don't play rift, thanks

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
literally the only time i will agree w/ thunderbro on something regarding mmos

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Okay, that's true. Good point, Marquess. Point for you. But you get a point taken away for being a dick. So, back to zero.

Thunderbro posted:

don't play rift, thanks

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Rift is the perfect game for you if you like boredom.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

jabro posted:

Rift is the perfect game for you if you like boredom.

I installed it not long ago because I was bored. I ended up MORE bored than when I started.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

COOL CORN posted:

I installed it not long ago because I was bored. I ended up MORE bored than when I started.

All those Koreans in internet cafes that die while playing MMOs were playing Rift. They actually died only a couple of hours into their session but you look the same dead as you do playing the game so no one noticed until their credit cards ran out of funds.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
So.. what are the good MMOs out these days? It seems like a very dry spell for the genre. I'm playing Rift at the moment because I can't think of anything else to play, and I need something to scratch the kill 'n loot with friends itch I have.

LordNat
May 16, 2009

Droid Washington posted:

So.. what are the good MMOs out these days? It seems like a very dry spell for the genre. I'm playing Rift at the moment because I can't think of anything else to play, and I need something to scratch the kill 'n loot with friends itch I have.

Really the best theme park on the market right now is FF14. Tho once you get to end game enjoyment maxes out at about 10 hours or less a week. Rift is still a fine option if you just want to play purely free.

If you want Sand Box EVE is still the king but Project: Gorgon is kind of amazing and worth a shot if you are willing to invest a few hours into it.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Realistically if you want wow-like mmo gameplay wow is the place to be.

FFXIV has ok encounters but that gcd makes me want to kill myself.

RIP wildstar.

Comedy option: DFO is a lot of fun.

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

A quintessential being known throughout the Realm as the 'Dungeon Master'. :rolldice:
Defiant character Korlac looking to join the Goon Squad pretty please.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
So someone linked me that Apotheosys quit with a pretty dramatic post.

Who's even left raiding now?

EDIT: Read the post, pretty glad I never tried picking up Nightmare Tide :rip:

Zoness fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Jan 4, 2016

LordNat
May 16, 2009

Zoness posted:

So someone linked me that Apotheosys quit with a pretty dramatic post.

Who's even left raiding now?

Pubs mostly. The rage quit to WoW has cascaded most of the rest of the raiding guilds to quit as well. The only end game raiding guild left is that one with the Devs in it from what I can tell.

Honestly I am insanely happy I came back to the game in time to watch this go down. It has been kind of an amazing ride to actively watch a game die in a matter of weeks.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

LordNat posted:

Pubs mostly. The rage quit to WoW has cascaded most of the rest of the raiding guilds to quit as well. The only end game raiding guild left is that one with the Devs in it from what I can tell.

Honestly I am insanely happy I came back to the game in time to watch this go down. It has been kind of an amazing ride to actively watch a game die in a matter of weeks.

Afaik Rekt(or whatever it's called now, i.e. the "Guild with Devs" that I know of) was the merger of Trinity and Vendetta, so in my mind there were only maybe 2-3 "hardcore" NA guilds left anyway.

And I didn't even know who was still raiding in EU aside from Apotheosys. Apotheosys clerics were really good at theorycraft though.

The unkillable stuff isn't really new, it's a huge matter of flaming though. We napkinned like 2 bosses to be almost-unkillable in bis previous tier gear at release time when we quit and Trion basically hasn't believed that to be a problem for like, the last 2 years.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Jan 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blacula
Dec 22, 2008

I don't really see how the latest drama is going to make the game die.

Even if I take everything in the quit video/post at face value, what do I learn? Bleeding edge raiders face challenges other than ingame content. Doesn't affect me.

The situation should be used as a constructive force, to push for bugfixes and better testing. Anything else is petty dickwaving.

• Locked thread