Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ren and Stimpire
Oct 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Are Girl Power or WoL still active?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

A.o.D. posted:

You could do that, or you could put the godhand on there and fit AC/20 + 6 ER Sm lasers.

Found the problem with this build: it is incredibly easy to end up with no guns left at all. I just spent five minutes running around in a dis-armed Stormcrow, having to just stand behind enemy mechs to confuse them since it was the only thing I could contribute. :v:

Is there ever a reason to go for a C-AC/20 over a C-UAC/20? Can you avoid the jam chance by not double-tapping the latter?

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
I learned, from a loading screen tip, the wonders of chain-fire.
Now my UACs are jamming way less than before and i can make my 8-Laser Direwolf work.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I'm fitting either a single AC-20 or a UAC-20 to a Stormcrow, and the UAC-20 fires faster and is 240k C-Bills cheaper, so I just want to know I'm not loving myself over by getting the latter. :v:

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Jan 4, 2016

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
From what ive seen and read, the C-AC cant jam, but fires slower in turn.
Double tap has a "chance" to jam, which is always retarded, cause it might happen on the first doubletap or keep firing after 5. You cant reliably lay down fire with an ultra, its bes tused for snapshots. Nothing more embarassing to kick the door in, brandish your guns and the get stuck on the second shot and leave you pants-at-ankles-dick-in-hand at their mercy.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Alright, I've gone for the Ultra then. Thanks.

Now I'm spacepoor again (sub-50k C-Bills) but I can grind out Elite efficiencies on my Stormcrows. :toot:

e; vv I've already redeemed my 75 quick play goes on the stocking, sadly.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Jan 4, 2016

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Dont forget to dig through the stocking, sometimes theres a really nice money boost in it (ranging from 62 to 500k, or just a loving wobblehead)

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Marshall Louis posted:

Are Girl Power or WoL still active?

Yes, both are.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

sebmojo posted:

Double basics has been nerfed quite a bit, though. It's not quite as necessary as it used to be.

In poo poo tier news: splat cat rides again, 6x ASRM4 STD 260 wrecks fools.

e: needs at least 2 jumpjets tho, 1 will leave you just short of the cliff in the Bog, again and again trust me it's embarassing

Are you sure about that? I'm pretty sure the double didn't get nerfed, only some of the elite level stuff. Speed Tweak in particular got nerfed a bit.

Even if they did get nerfed theyre still loving amazing compared to without them.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Dont forget to dig through the stocking, sometimes theres a really nice money boost in it (ranging from 62 to 500k, or just a loving wobblehead)

The elf bobblehead owns

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I

sebmojo posted:

It's amazing how much everyone hates you when you're cheatin'. They'll chase you for ages. I've painted mine really lurid annoying colours to maximise the loathing.

I really want one. 90 lasers and ecm seems good and annoying

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Uh oh. What did he do now?

Nap Ghost

ZenVulgarity posted:

I really want one. 90 lasers and ecm seems good and annoying
That's my next purchase I think. The FS9-A is a ton of fun, but I think having stealth mode would help a lot for sneaking up on fatties.

Though I'm not looking forward to how much it's going to cost to master it.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
C-UAC/20 'crow is crazy good and super fun, the only downside being there's no way you make a dakkacrow. :(

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

ImpactVector posted:

That's my next purchase I think. The FS9-A is a ton of fun, but I think having stealth mode would help a lot for sneaking up on fatties.

Though I'm not looking forward to how much it's going to cost to master it.

If you want to feel bad look at the potential cost for a dire wolf

I also threw an AC/20 and two PPCs on a Misery and holy gently caress does it hurt

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

ZenVulgarity posted:

I also threw an AC/20 and two PPCs on a Misery and holy gently caress does it hurt

that's a tried-and-true Misery build because it takes full advantage of the chassis' deadside. Fire for 40, twist to take return on shield side, repeat

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Pattonesque posted:

that's a tried-and-true Misery build because it takes full advantage of the chassis' deadside. Fire for 40, twist to take return on shield side, repeat

That thing can take so much god drat damage it's absurd

It feels like a bigger, angrier looking Catapault

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Stormcrow elited. :toot: Now to go back to playing Splatcrow 24/7.

Endbuster
Jan 7, 2013

There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.

ZenVulgarity posted:

That thing can take so much god drat damage it's absurd

It feels like a bigger, angrier looking Catapault

Try it with 2 large pulse lasers instead of the PPCs. You'll probably end up doing much more damage and get more kills since the PPC is harder to aim and generates more heat. Not to mention you can fire more and will hit their CT more often. Oh yeah you can brawl too if somebody closes in on you since your weaps don't have a min range. I put a medium pulse on there as well.

So: deadside, 2LPL, 1MPL, 1AC20, at least 3 tons of bullets. Then DBl Heat Sinks and Max armor everywhere else. Have fun with a still very good alpha at range and never overheat with your pin point accuracy.

Endbuster fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Jan 4, 2016

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Endbuster posted:

Try it with 2 large pulse lasers instead of the PPCs. You'll probably end up doing much more damage and get more kills since the PPC is harder to aim and generates more heat. Not to mention you can fire more and will hit their CT more often. Oh yeah you can brawl too if somebody closes in on you since your weaps don't have a min range. I put a medium pulse on there as well.

So: deadside, 2LPL, 1MPL, 1AC20, at least 3 tons of bullets. Then DBl Heat Sinks and Max armor everywhere else. Have fun with a still very good alpha at range and never overheat with your pin point accuracy.

I switched out from PPCs to LPLs a while ago and it did wonders for my Misery. Is good build.

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Uh oh. What did he do now?

Nap Ghost

ZenVulgarity posted:

No thanks. I'll probably never buy one. I basically only play assaults under duress, when someone gets grumpy about open tonnage in group drops. Mostly because I'm really bad at it.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Beet Wagon posted:

I switched out from PPCs to LPLs a while ago and it did wonders for my Misery. Is good build.

I like the PPCs more for some reason. :downsgun:

How good is the Jager-DD jam chance in comparison to other ballistics?

ZenVulgarity fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Jan 4, 2016

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
PPC's are crunchy. Like that AC20 round. It's a visceral connection.

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos

DiHK posted:

PPC's are crunchy. Like that AC20 round. It's a visceral connection.

this is especially true when your projectiles/effects are set to very high

RescueFreak
Sep 8, 2013

I tried pubbie dropping in CW. There was a yellboss but everyone was just doing their own thing. It was mostly boring.

Watching The Joy of Painting on my other monitor greatly improved the experience.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

RescueFreak posted:

I tried pubbie dropping in CW. There was a yellboss but everyone was just doing their own thing. It was mostly boring.

Watching The Joy of Painting on my other monitor greatly improved the experience.

CW in goonstack makes me really hate pub games

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
https://twitter.com/russ_bullock/status/684098971225096192

Alpine is staying in the rotation when New Map comes

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

teepo posted:

this is especially true when your projectiles/effects are set to very high

I wish they affected the victim's HUD.

19, when will this happen?

Also, where is the Awesome on the upcoming scale pass?

Edit:

Pattonesque posted:

IDGI, he'll weather incredible abuse over big poo poo and cave over much smaller things. I'm betting Alpine will have very little weight in the rotation.

DiHK fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Jan 4, 2016

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

ZenVulgarity posted:

I like the PPCs more for some reason. :downsgun:

How good is the Jager-DD jam chance in comparison to other ballistics?

It's a matter of taste I guess :shrug:

Unless they changed it, the DD is still rocking a -30% jam chance quirk. So anywhere from okay to great, I guess.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Pattonesque posted:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

ZenVulgarity posted:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I mean it's not so bad because it never gets picked

I've played it like twice in the past month

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Beet Wagon posted:

It's a matter of taste I guess :shrug:

Unless they changed it, the DD is still rocking a -30% jam chance quirk. So anywhere from okay to great, I guess.

It is

They should put the -30% jam on a hero King Crab. :getin:

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Pattonesque posted:

IF YOU HAD OLD INFORMATION THEN IT WASN'T 'ALWAYS' GOING TO STAY IN, YOU DECIDED TO TAKE IT OUT AND THEN YOU CHANGED YOUR MIND

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Cyrano4747 posted:

Are you sure about that? I'm pretty sure the double didn't get nerfed, only some of the elite level stuff. Speed Tweak in particular got nerfed a bit.

Even if they did get nerfed theyre still loving amazing compared to without them.

Basics themselves got nerfed substantially, as did Speed Tweak. The doubled aspect hasn't changed, but the base values are much lower than before so there's way less net benefit to eliting a mech. It's still important, though.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Alchenar posted:

IF YOU HAD OLD INFORMATION THEN IT WASN'T 'ALWAYS' GOING TO STAY IN, YOU DECIDED TO TAKE IT OUT AND THEN YOU CHANGED YOUR MIND

:laugh: and you guys are giving these clowns money again

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Getting the elite heat talents feels like it would make the wub builds so much better

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

It just means Alpine is dying a slow death. Which is exactly what it deserves.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

novaSphere posted:

Basics themselves got nerfed substantially, as did Speed Tweak. The doubled aspect hasn't changed, but the base values are much lower than before so there's way less net benefit to eliting a mech. It's still important, though.

Yeah this. Basics went from... I want to say 7.5% to 2.5%? I forget.

Anyway, yes it's still double but its double less than half so really eliting isn't nearly as critical as it once was. Still nice to have though.

The important thing is you're no longer just a lumbering target in a NewMech.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

novaSphere posted:

Are you sure on this? I thought it was 7.5% and 10% heat dissipation and overheat cap respectively both before and after speed tweak got the axe.

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos

DancingShade posted:

Yeah this. Basics went from... I want to say 7.5% to 2.5%? I forget.

Anyway, yes it's still double but its double less than half so really eliting isn't nearly as critical as it once was. Still nice to have though.

The important thing is you're no longer just a lumbering target in a NewMech.

it was a major all around nerf. for example, the basic twist speed used to be 20% and has now been reduced to 2.5%, along with everything else other than the two cooling/heat skills

speed tweak was barley nerfed, from 10% to 7.5%

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Cyrano4747 posted:

Are you sure on this? I thought it was 7.5% and 10% heat dissipation and overheat cap respectively both before and after speed tweak got the axe.

Yes. The heat basics didn't get changed, but every one of the other basic skills did.

http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/215830-patch-notes-1438-01-dec-2015/

quote:

'Mech Efficiencies
• Kinetic Burst: 22.5% -> 7.5%
• Twist X: 10% -> 2.5%
• Hard Brake: 25% -> 7.5%
• Twist Speed: 20% -> 2.5%
• Arm Reflex: 15% -> 2.5%
• Anchor Turn: 10% -> 2.5%
• Speed Tweak: 10% -> 7.5%

• Locked thread