Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

I do love bigjon but what the gently caress is going on lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Eonwe posted:

bigjon is a reasonably cool speedrunner whose run didn't get picked so he acted like a big baby about it

and apparently this guy is claiming to have been banned for defending him on twitter and has now called the (?) NAACP (?) since he was banned from a video game marathon

lol

for the next page

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.
This is Shinji Mikami's first game BTW.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

iS he controlling both?

e- Wait what LOL

les enfants Terrific!
Dec 12, 2008

Lord Chumley posted:

This is Shinji Mikami's first game BTW.

Please be telling the truth.

edit HOLY poo poo LMAO

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

SectumSempra posted:

iS he controlling both?

e- Wait what LOL

One controller under the other.

Atasnaya Vaflja posted:

Please be telling the truth.

Serious. First game he designed.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Eonwe posted:

bigjon is a reasonably cool speedrunner whose run didn't get picked so he acted like a big baby about it

and apparently this guy is claiming to have been banned for defending him on twitter and has now called the (?) NAACP (?) since he was banned from a video game marathon

lol

I got banned from #speedrun by fatluigi maybe I should call the NAACP about it.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

literally who

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
this has been a good page so far

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Eonwe posted:

lol

The funny thing about Bigjon being a baby about it was because he bitched about them "being in the inner circle" and that's why his game got cut.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

The drama levels this year are pretty high, I can't say I'm not enjoying it

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Why would you do this? Do you literally not trust anyone to be able to help you beat a game fast enough that you have to do both roles yourself?

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Same, who is this person we don't care about?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Crain posted:

Same, who is this person we don't care about?

someone who got kicked out

its funny

to me anyway

and thats the main person i care about

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Microwaves Mom posted:

Why would you do this? Do you literally not trust anyone to be able to help you beat a game fast enough that you have to do both roles yourself?

Either:

A) It's to add to the challenge

or

B) It's a two player only game and sometimes you don't have a buddy to play with you (alternatively the two player mode is faster for some reason so he just found a way to do that solo)

les enfants Terrific!
Dec 12, 2008

Eonwe posted:

its funny

to me anyway

If it makes you feel better I think it's funny that he's openly bragging about supposedly trespassing while also claiming to be so upset that he's calling civil rights groups

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Eonwe posted:

its funny

to me anyway

like what was the run that got cut

would like some context plz

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Crain posted:

Either:

A) It's to add to the challenge

or

B) It's a two player only game and sometimes you don't have a buddy to play with you (alternatively the two player mode is faster for some reason so he just found a way to do that solo)

IDK it just seems depressing to me

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Microwaves Mom posted:

It's interesting to see his skill. "I didn't know you could play it LIKE THAT".

vv See?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
thats actually pretty neat that he's doing both characters watching being able to do both is pretty nuts

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

The REAL Goobusters posted:

i'm pretty sure it was some lovely boring golf game that got cut because it's lovely and boring to watch

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Lmao:

https://twitter.com/SirStendec/status/683060873070424064

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

oh, I think Big Jon submitted NES Golf and they denied it

I don't know why

he did a baller Lost Levels run at AGDQ 2015 tho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5g30RtkoByw

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

This run isn't anywhere as entertaining because they are sperging the gently caress out.

There's informative and entertaining,
then there is trying to make a tutorial.
I can guarantee none of the 160k watching are interested in running this game.

a cat irl
Feb 13, 2010
Those controller swaps are p intense. Disney block has blown away my expectations.

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman
Goofy: a link to the past

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

PJ must have been in it.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

i'm pretty sure it was some lovely boring golf game that got cut because it's lovely and boring to watch

It's sad cause BigJohn is really burning through a lot of the goodwill he earned from his last appearance. Dude didn't handle the situation well and his followers aren't helping still.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Microwaves Mom posted:

Why would you play a game blindfolded, does he just not want to see the other people in the room?

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Y'all should play Brothers A Tale of two Sons

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Eonwe posted:

oh, I think Big Jon submitted NES Golf and they denied it

I don't know why

he did a baller Lost Levels run at AGDQ 2015 tho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5g30RtkoByw

Oh yeah this guy was really cool! drat bummer.

NES golf sounds like poo poo tho

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Microwaves Mom posted:

I mean it's a local coop game. Maybe his roommate didn't want to speedrun Goof Troop with him.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Broseph Brostar posted:

Why would you play a game blindfolded, does he just not want to see the other people in the room?

have YOU seen them?

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

saihttam posted:

Goofy: a link to the past

Yeah a lot of it gives me that vibe for sure.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Crain posted:

It's sad cause BigJohn is really burning through a lot of the goodwill he earned from his last appearance. Dude didn't handle the situation well and his followers aren't helping still.

Where is he even speaking about it though. He talked about it privately on his own stream a few weeks back but i haven't sought out his opinion on anything else thus far because, well he isn't doing runs.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Microwaves Mom posted:

yea hes probably gonna kill himself right this is so sad

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD
Yeah I feel bad for Big Jon and it sucks he didn't get a run because he's genuinely an entertaining guy whose runs always go down well.

Doesn't make the giant babies throwin their toys around any less funny though. GDQ's selection process for speedruns has always been almost impossible levels of garbage so expecting anything different is stupid as hell.

I am thankful they got rid of the creepy anime fangame block though, that poo poo was embarassing.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Lord Chumley posted:

have YOU seen them?

What's the point in a blindfold if you can still smell?

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

CJ posted:

I mean it's a local coop game. Maybe his roommate didn't want to speedrun Goof Troop with him.

This game looks so baller to co-op though that its a shame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

Oh yeah this guy was really cool! drat bummer.

NES golf sounds like poo poo tho

Yeah, he can be a really cool guy but he has a weird liking for that golf game and programming game show simulators

• Locked thread