Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
Someone mentioned before an issue with harsh turning on the ps4. I hadn't seen it until yesterday. It wasn't everywhere, just a few times when I would turn slower than full but not aiming. Wonder if anyone else has noticed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor_Acula
May 24, 2011
It feels great to go 1v1, switch to single fire mode, and plink the guy trying to hide behind the hostage in the head.
:argh:: you almost hit the hostage!
:colbert:: almost.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

Great Beer posted:

Had a pubbie vault through a partially destroyed door (defender had knocked it open ) I was peeking in with my shield to make sure it was clear. He set off the kapkan trap and killed both of us then called me an idiot for setting it off. :downs:

Was playing with a full team of pubbies with mic's and even though we sucked it was loving fun. The crowning moment was us looking at a kaplan trap only for the last dude to run by us into the trap.

It blew us all up as we yelled in unison "ITS A TRAP"

I'm really enjoying this on PS4 if any of you goons wanna team up just throw Mr_Wibblesworth an invite

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!
Black Ice has been delayed to Feb 2.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Liberatore posted:

Black Ice has been delayed to Feb 2.

Probably for the best.

Doctor_Acula
May 24, 2011
Yeah I'm fine with that. They should spend a little time fixing up some of the minor stuff in the core, and maybe tweaking a few things, before putting out new content. People are so eager to crucify Ubisoft (not without merit), that this is probably the better of two evils.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

So i thought this game had some sort of anti cheat. saw three different hackers last night and one guy went 20-2 by headshotting everyone without a scope at the start of every round. I thought fairplay would have caught on to that?

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

afkmacro posted:

So i thought this game had some sort of anti cheat. saw three different hackers last night and one guy went 20-2 by headshotting everyone without a scope at the start of every round. I thought fairplay would have caught on to that?

It does and it probably has. FairPlay FairFight isn't instant, and the first ban (in Siege) is only 3 days.

Liberatore fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Jan 4, 2016

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved

Liberatore posted:

It does and it probably has. FairPlay isn't instant, and the first ban (in Siege) is only 3 days.

Why would you ban someone for three days, IF the AC Tool works as intended?

A 3-day ban is just a warning, that you maybe want to keep your hacks up to date, or resort to a paid hack.

Lifetime ban only :arghfist:

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Paradigmata posted:

Why would you ban someone for three days, IF the AC Tool works as intended?

A 3-day ban is just a warning, that you maybe want to keep your hacks up to date, or resort to a paid hack.

Lifetime ban only :arghfist:

It's a thing with FairFight. They believe in rehabilitation or something.

Either way, the second ban is permanent.

Edit: By the way, FairFight will catch private and public cheats just the same. It'll catch people based on gameplay, such as snap aiming, norecoil/nospread, tracking people through walls, aimbotting without smooth/randomized aim, playing carelessly when you're safe and careful when you aren't, consistently abnormal stats and so on.

One of the FF bans I saw in Siege happened almost immediately after a guy in my team tracked an enemy's head through a wall. He wasn't aimbotting and nobody accused him of anything, but I knew immediately. Next round he was out of the game with a ban message.

Liberatore fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Jan 5, 2016

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

Liberatore posted:

It's a thing with FairFight. They believe in rehabilitation or something.

Either way, the second ban is permanent.

No such thing as rehab with asshats using hacks though, i mean c'mon.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Dead Like Rev posted:

No such thing as rehab with asshats using hacks though, i mean c'mon.

It's how they sell it, though. They have 'data' that suggests the majority (over 90%, IIRC) of players who get a temp ban won't risk a permanent one and will stop cheating. It looks good to potential customers because despite what some people may think, permanently banning people isn't a way to make more money.

I don't know about that data but FairFight is a significant improvement over typical anti-cheats, such as VAC and PunkBuster. Those stop public cheats (which FairFight does too), but do absolutely nothing for private ones. Systems like FairFight and CS:GO's Overwatch, as well as tournament anti-cheats like ESL Wire (which isn't viable as a large scale anti-cheat) are much more effective.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I know nothing about fairfight, how does it do this magic that other anti-cheat things can't?

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

BadLlama posted:

I know nothing about fairfight, how does it do this magic that other anti-cheat things can't?

Way I understand fairfight is its all server side. It basically monitors stats, actions, and habits of the player to determine cheating yes / no.

If you have 100 kills with thermites 5.56 and the average player has 60% headshots, but you have 90+% headshots, fair fight closely scrutinizes you and determines hacker yes / no and takes action from there.

Here's a thing

https://gameblocks.com/faqs

Doctor_Acula
May 24, 2011
I had never heard of FairFight until Siege. It sounds pretty interesting from a design standpoint.
I've definitely seen a few people that were hacking, but it doesn't seem as rampant as I expected. Or maybe I'm just naïve.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

BadLlama posted:

VAC and PB both just monitor running code and catch known cheats. Nowadays the methods that allow for cheats to bypass them go beyond the possibility of detection, by using levels of access that said anti-cheats do not have the permission to see, sometimes even through windows exploits. Typically only public cheats or sloppy code get caught.

FairFight uses server-side gameplay data to analyze gameplay and catch cheaters. If you constantly track people through walls for instance, that's something the server already has access to: it can see your position, the enemy's position, and where both of you are aiming at. FairFight looks at that kind of data, monitoring for suspicious activity. Whenever said suspicious activity occurs, it flags you.

But as I mentioned, it's not just that. A good player always assumes they are not safe from the enemy. A bad player doesn't. A cheater knows when they're safe. FF might catch the latter simply because they play like a bad player when they're actually safe and like a good player when they're not.

FF also constantly takes screenshots of your screen, more often if you've been flagged for suspicious activity, and sends them in for analysis. Most cheats bypass this, but some (especially public ones) don't. In the first 3 days of launch, something like 350 people were banned by FF because it had taken screenshots of people with an overlaid crosshair (a common cheat feature).

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Oh thanks for the information, I hope it works. Games that run PunkBuster always seemed to simultaneously not catch cheaters but gently caress over regular players because that poo poo always broke.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
Only thing worse than the R6S issues are Sony's issues. I take back my earlier complaints, I just want to play!

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

BadLlama posted:

Oh thanks for the information, I hope it works. Games that run PunkBuster always seemed to simultaneously not catch cheaters but gently caress over regular players because that poo poo always broke.

BF4 used fair fight and was actually rather effective. The problem here is that there is so much crap that can give away your position its really hard for me to call hacker on much. Between kill cams, cameras, drones, sounds, holes in walls, holes in floors, and "common hiding places" and the games slowly improving net code issues I don't think there are as many "hackers" as people cry. I mean, look at the drat reddit for this game every page has 2-3 posts of "OMG GUYS HACKER SPOTTED" But the videos they post don't show anything that isn't convincing.

Hell one from yesterday showed a thermite slow walking in looking in the rough area of a guy only to get blown away and they cried hacker, yet the guy crying hacker had JUST SHOT another guy coming through the same door. 1 + 1 = 2 here folks. I think my point here is reddits full of retards and the hacking problem isn't as bad as we think?

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Dead Like Rev posted:

BF4 used fair fight and was actually rather effective. The problem here is that there is so much crap that can give away your position its really hard for me to call hacker on much. Between kill cams, cameras, drones, sounds, holes in walls, holes in floors, and "common hiding places" and the games slowly improving net code issues I don't think there are as many "hackers" as people cry. I mean, look at the drat reddit for this game every page has 2-3 posts of "OMG GUYS HACKER SPOTTED" But the videos they post don't show anything that isn't convincing.

Hell one from yesterday showed a thermite slow walking in looking in the rough area of a guy only to get blown away and they cried hacker, yet the guy crying hacker had JUST SHOT another guy coming through the same door. 1 + 1 = 2 here folks. I think my point here is reddits full of retards and the hacking problem isn't as bad as we think?

There are a lot of issues like camera placement in terms of where it's located in the head of the player, as well.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
Earlier we made a guy on the other team quit because we threatened to suck his dick too much.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

you got some screenshots there pal or are we supposed to take that on good faith

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
It was Kramersrant and superallah that done did it. wolffenstein was there too

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

ghetto wormhole posted:

Earlier we made a guy on the other team quit because we threatened to suck his dick too much.

nobody sucks my dick

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
These types of next-level mind games are a core part of the Rainbow Six experience.

Doctor_Acula
May 24, 2011
I just had a weird game where two of the dudes on my team kept talking about "creebs" the whole match.
"how many creebs they got up there?"
"aw, he musta had too many creebs."
"yeah but i got some creebs off that kill."

It was amusing for a round or two. Then...not so much.

Then I had a round where I rush in Oregon as Montagne and i'm yelling that I have Pulse and Bandit cornered and everyone stacks up 2 rooms away.
When I died, they're like "ok so who's gonna be the human shield when we breach?"
:argh: "I tried that 30 seconds ago. you know with a real shield."

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Doctor_Acula posted:

I just had a weird game where two of the dudes on my team kept talking about "creebs" the whole match.
"how many creebs they got up there?"
"aw, he musta had too many creebs."
"yeah but i got some creebs off that kill."

It was amusing for a round or two. Then...not so much.

Then I had a round where I rush in Oregon as Montagne and i'm yelling that I have Pulse and Bandit cornered and everyone stacks up 2 rooms away.
When I died, they're like "ok so who's gonna be the human shield when we breach?"
:argh: "I tried that 30 seconds ago. you know with a real shield."

There was a guy in one match who kept saying we had to have a "layered" defense, like "ogres" because "ogres have layers." He then started playing Rook so he could call the vests "layers." It kept going from not-funny to funny and not-funny again.

Doctor_Acula
May 24, 2011
That sounds pretty great.
I resorted to whenever they asked for my input, just responding with a guttural "we gotta take off our shirts." then firing my gun.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

I thought this was cool

https://streamable.com/aukk

Mister Bup
Dec 26, 2015
When I'm feeling dumb I start saying "breach and clear" constantly.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

The game has some hit detection issues.

http://i.imgur.com/h8M7xnb.gifv

e; Now with less 25mb gifs

Great Beer fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Jan 5, 2016

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

man there is nothing more frustrating than a shield blindfiring you and the only shot that connects is a headshot.

they really need to change headshots from being instantly lethal to something like 1.5x damage multipliers, that way snipers would still be instantly lethal(and the revolver i think?) and shields couldn't do this bullshit anymore.

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

last year i rewrote something awful from scratch because i hate myself
How do you play mute?

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
We do have a dev goon here right? I am wondering if we are getting the campus map added to the MP rotation this month. I thought it was supposed to be in December.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Grump posted:

How do you play mute?

set the mute charges in places cameras are going to come through. once they are all destroyed, move them to windows/reinforced walls. unless they have a sledge, a castle window probably wont be going anywhere.

Chocolate
Jun 27, 2011

Roobanguy posted:

set the mute charges in places cameras are going to come through. once they are all destroyed, move them to windows/reinforced walls. unless they have a sledge, a castle window probably wont be going anywhere.

I think as people play this game more Mute won't be used as an anti drone operator but as more of an anti breaching operator. It's a lot to do before the round starts to place all of mutes jammers twice. I don't even bother trying to stop drones unless I'm in the garage on house or something for instance where you can stop all 5 with one drone sometimes. Mute is a better roamer than trying to stay holed up too close to the objective with his pretty good smg and speed. Bandit is a pretty good anti drone operator but then you run into a different issue with him. He's more suited to be a roamer than Mute but if you take barbed wire instead of the nitro cell and run into a shield far away from your teammates it can be hard to survive. I haven't played with goons much but I imagine the best defensive strategy is going to be 2 guys in or very close to the objective and 3 guys far away from the objective and coming in from behind.

edit: What do people think about IQ? I think she is pretty underrated at the moment, her gadget isn't nearly as useless as some people think. Being able to see sights and also being able to see through smoke is pretty nice, all of that on top of her speed is pretty valuable.

Chocolate fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Jan 5, 2016

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

IQ's got a few useful aspects to her:

-A gun with a 50-round drum that reloads as quickly as any AR.
-Can help find bombs if your team didn't find them in the prep section.
-She's useful in Terrorist Hunt, I guess.

She's not horrible, but the ability to see nitro cells isn't all that great now that nobody falls for stuff like that as easily anymore. Most of her advantages are negated by people just being good players. My best idea to buff her is to buff Kapkan by reducing the visibility of his traps like everyone asks. This will automatically make IQ more useful by virtue of her being a clear counter to a dangerous trap.

Roobanguy posted:

man there is nothing more frustrating than a shield blindfiring you and the only shot that connects is a headshot.

they really need to change headshots from being instantly lethal to something like 1.5x damage multipliers, that way snipers would still be instantly lethal(and the revolver i think?) and shields couldn't do this bullshit anymore.

There was some game a long time ago that took "grazing" into account. For example, if you hit someone's arm more in the middle, it would do the full arm damage. If you hit them on the edge of the arm, it would do reduced grazing damage. It was a nice system that cut down on lots of hip-firing bullshots, but I can't remember the name of the game.

Plan Z fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Jan 5, 2016

Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm

Grump posted:

How do you play mute?

Just remember mutes charges can be jumped over, so placing them at a point where drones wont have the time to jump is a good place, by doors, at the edges of a corner etc.

To be honest i find the tazers more effective as they usually destroy the drone too, but i like putting them in barbed wire like a weirdo.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
PSA on Mute: If you see mutes put down a barricade on top of his jammers, please don't break it unless you absolutely have to, it's to catch drones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Bup
Dec 26, 2015

Roobanguy posted:

I've never had luck with using nitro to kill shields mainly cause he just insta-kills me with random hipfire. I also saw a guy 1v5 ace with quickscoping Blitz, pre-aiming the shot with the laser and then shooting as soon as the aim animation starts.

• Locked thread