Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

I got this box of kicking rad Japanese candy from JapanCrate with no card or indication of who it is from. Did one of you kind goons send it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Ego Trip posted:

Really wish there was a way to see when something was added to my library.

In your Library, click "New Only" at the top of the list. That'll filter your library on things you haven't downloaded yet.

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

A tenacious little mouse!

Thanks for the pointers!

Everything in my account is from Bundles of Holding. :(

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

El Estrago Bonito posted:

Did you manage to confirm that my package arrived at my santees?

I just sent an email. I think we can assume it arrives unless the goon pops up to say he didn't get anything.

LLSix posted:

I got this box of kicking rad Japanese candy from JapanCrate with no card or indication of who it is from. Did one of you kind goons send it?

None of your four Santas are in Japan, so I dunno! I hope one of them speaks up.

Ego Trip posted:

Thanks for the pointers!

Everything in my account is from Bundles of Holding. :(

Tell me about your socks. If they're not definitely $30 socks, we've got a solid partial-grinch AWOL on our hands, and I will deploy de-grinching procedures pronto.

WereJace
May 16, 2006

Beast Wars

LLSix posted:

Hurray, the replacement part two came through too! I hope you enjoyed everything!

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

Leperflesh posted:

Tell me about your socks. If they're not definitely $30 socks, we've got a solid partial-grinch AWOL on our hands, and I will deploy de-grinching procedures pronto.

They're apparently hiking socks for people who go outside. They are very comfortable.
EMS has them for $20 , currently.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

The OP actually has this comment, although it's part of a section about handmade gifts:

quote:

Regarding handmade gifts:
A lot of us really enjoy the personal touch of a handmade gift, so this might be a great idea. But there are hazards. If you haven't already made your gift, be sure you'll have plenty of time. The estimate of value of the thing you made isn't “what I'd probably sell it for if I sold this,” it's “what my giftee would probably pay for it if they bought it from anyone else.” For example, it takes a huge amount of time to knit a pair of socks; but socks are still only worth a couple dollars to most people. If your giftee asked for a Dice Pouch, it's likely they're thinking of a typical dice pouch which usually costs like ten bucks. So if you make one yourself, maybe you better fill it with some cool dice as well? Use your best judgment and run your plans past me if you have any doubt.

$20 socks aren't $30, and even if they were, most people in Trad Games Secret Santa are not looking for expensive socks. And there's nothing in your "wants" post to suggest you'd want socks, or any outdoorsy thing.

You got Grinched, and you're gonna get de-Grinched. Thanks Ego Trip, and I'm sorry. Maybe MySwan intended to buy you something through DriveThru, but if so, he failed to follow up, and he's not responded to emails.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

jassi007 posted:

Not that this has anything to do with anything, but the post office rarely outright loses a package. They can get misplaced but they will almost always show up. I ordered some magic cards once, after 3 weeks of nothing got a refund. 3 months after I ordered them, there they were in the mail, post marked from 3 months ago.

Oh sure, I don't expect that Spincut's package has literally been shoved down a hole somewhere, but like you said it could take months for the post office down where he lives to unfuck itself. If people are worried that this might happen, with my gift showing up sometime months down the line, then just get him something that isn't Mysterium and you're good. Coolstuffinc has also informed me that if the package winds its way back to them that they'll attempt to redeliver it at no charge, so this is entirely in the hands of the USPS and/or FedEx.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah. If one gift out of over a hundred got swallowed by the postal services for a few weeks or months, that's still a 1% failure rate. Which sucks, but doesn't surprise me.

Basically we de-Grinch Spincut, and if he winds up getting a second gift? Well, that's a random bonus, and cool.

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Oh! OSHA gonna make you serve time!
'Cause you an occupational hazard tonight.
Yeah I haven't heard anything from my local post office still.

Thanks for organizing the event once again, Leperflesh! It's always a fun time!

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Leperflesh posted:

The OP actually has this comment, although it's part of a section about handmade gifts:

$20 socks aren't $30, and even if they were, most people in Trad Games Secret Santa are not looking for expensive socks. And there's nothing in your "wants" post to suggest you'd want socks, or any outdoorsy thing.

You got Grinched, and you're gonna get de-Grinched. Thanks Ego Trip, and I'm sorry. Maybe MySwan intended to buy you something through DriveThru, but if so, he failed to follow up, and he's not responded to emails.

I sent MySwan some awesome poo poo. I need to round up a posse to go get it back.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.
Hey potatocubed, mind giving calling the deli another shot?

I know this is a bit beyond the point of caring, but frankly, I dropped some penny on that and it'd still be easier than trying to get the cash back from these dumbasses.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*

Lichtenstein posted:

Hey potatocubed, mind giving calling the deli another shot?

I know this is a bit beyond the point of caring, but frankly, I dropped some penny on that and it'd still be easier than trying to get the cash back from these dumbasses.

I will, but I'm back at work now so spare time is limited. I'll definitely be able to spin by on the 11th, so I'll give it another stab then.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

Cool! Just remember to go straight for the throat owner.

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer

Namenlos posted:

Hey, I'm your santee. I posted the main gift on December the 14th, with a return address on it (and it has not been returned to me). The other part (which I ordered on November 26th and didn't even get to me until December 21st) was posted on December 23rd. You did say post in your country was unreliable, but I honestly didn't think 10 days was unreasonable. I'm bloody furious nothing has turned up yet. I don't have access to the Proof of Posting receipt as I am working away from home, but I promise, promise, promise I did not grinch you. I'm close to tears here.

Hey there. Don't worry, I'm confident that you did everything right. the post here is pretty variable and customs sometimes hold things up for weeks with no explanation. I'll keep waiting for something to arrive. I am part of another forum's Secret Santa and that Santa also sent two gifts which also haven't arrived yet. So my assumption is that UKRPost are being more than usually rubbish.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

Please Fill out this survey, if you have time! You can fill it out even if you didn't participate in TGSS this year. Please note that putting your name in is voluntary: you are welcome to leave anonymous feedback, if you prefer. However, please do not fill out multiple forms. Thanks!

Extremely minor, but you made the rules complaint question mandatory, which means that I could not not check any boxes because it was good. So I complained about lack of sexism in the other box. But y'know, you could add a "shut up, it's fine" option.

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
Woot! Those dongs I ordered have arrived!

Wait a minute... that frog looks mighty familiar! The return address (artfully redacted with a strategically placed floppy disk) indicates that my Santa co-incidentally lives just across the river from where a much younger Helen Highwater once went to school. Hows that for random geographical coincidences?

Much like this poster, there is a very classy looking package inside that bluff exterior.

And a card (unlike this poster)

A box of very small purple DMs? Maybe my Santa has stalked the wrong person?

Nope it's full of stuff!

So much stuff...

Let's see. There is:
A Hobbit Heroclix 2 figure minigame set
An ice cube tray that makes dice-shaped ice-cubes
Two comics - Moloch issue 1 and Wolverine Saga
An IDW catalog featuring excerpts from a bunch of comics from Star Trek to Transformers.
Some video game button badges
A Dobble demo pack
Two Magic prebuilt decks
A GW pin page and a bunch of 40k objective markers
Werewolf card game
Blue Lantern ring
And a cracker!

Awesome work Namenlos and I'm super sorry that things got held up along the way. That's quite the haul and I'm incredibly chuffed by the massive pile of stuff in the box.

I don't have a cat of my own but I intended to use the office cat for parcel inspection. Unfortunately she's off at the vets today to get snipped and won't be back at work until next week. However here she is from yesterday diligently examining a box full of corporate xmas swag as catte tax for the thread.

Namenlos
Oct 20, 2010

Helen Highwater posted:

Woot! Those dongs I ordered have arrived!

Wait a minute... that frog looks mighty familiar! The return address (artfully redacted with a strategically placed floppy disk) indicates that my Santa co-incidentally lives just across the river from where a much younger Helen Highwater once went to school. Hows that for random geographical coincidences?

Much like this poster, there is a very classy looking package inside that bluff exterior.

And a card (unlike this poster)

A box of very small purple DMs? Maybe my Santa has stalked the wrong person?

Nope it's full of stuff!

So much stuff...

Let's see. There is:
A Hobbit Heroclix 2 figure minigame set
An ice cube tray that makes dice-shaped ice-cubes
Two comics - Moloch issue 1 and Wolverine Saga
An IDW catalog featuring excerpts from a bunch of comics from Star Trek to Transformers.
Some video game button badges
A Dobble demo pack
Two Magic prebuilt decks
A GW pin page and a bunch of 40k objective markers
Werewolf card game
Blue Lantern ring
And a cracker!

Awesome work Namenlos and I'm super sorry that things got held up along the way. That's quite the haul and I'm incredibly chuffed by the massive pile of stuff in the box.

I don't have a cat of my own but I intended to use the office cat for parcel inspection. Unfortunately she's off at the vets today to get snipped and won't be back at work until next week. However here she is from yesterday diligently examining a box full of corporate xmas swag as catte tax for the thread.

OH MY GOD I'M SO GLAD IT TURNED UP. (If I need to post anything to your country again, I'll know to give it a month. Ack).
I wasn't 100% sure what sort of things you might like, so I tried to tick as many boxes as possible. That Werewolf game is SO MUCH fun; and if you've never played Magic the Gathering you've got 2 starter decks to play against a friend. Also Heroclicks is fun. Also I saw the ice cube tray and thought it was perfect for a TG gift box!
Office cat is lovely, very good inspector. Hope she's ok!

(Talking about coincidences, I also used to work for Games Workshop in Notts!)

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Those are some quality packing peanuts, what shade of green are they?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

BonHair posted:

Extremely minor, but you made the rules complaint question mandatory, which means that I could not not check any boxes because it was good. So I complained about lack of sexism in the other box. But y'know, you could add a "shut up, it's fine" option.

Dangit. I had intended to include that, and then took it out and intended to make the question not-mandatory.

In order to maintain statistical integrity, I will not change the form now, but folks can write in "it's fine" I guess.

37 goons have already provided feedback. Thanks! I'll give it another day or two, and then post my findings. So far, satisfaction seems to be high, but there are a few good suggestions worth considering.

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

I stand by my opinion. The rules were sadly lacking in tasty meats.

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer

Namenlos posted:

OH MY GOD I'M SO GLAD IT TURNED UP. (If I need to post anything to your country again, I'll know to give it a month. Ack).
I wasn't 100% sure what sort of things you might like, so I tried to tick as many boxes as possible. That Werewolf game is SO MUCH fun; and if you've never played Magic the Gathering you've got 2 starter decks to play against a friend. Also Heroclicks is fun. Also I saw the ice cube tray and thought it was perfect for a TG gift box!
Office cat is lovely, very good inspector. Hope she's ok!

(Talking about coincidences, I also used to work for Games Workshop in Notts!)

I've played various Werewolf permutations but I didn't have my own cards until this afternoon. I used to play a lot of Magic way way back (2nd Ed, The Dark, Antiquities, Ice Age, etc) and then gave all my cards away when I moved to Paris in 2004. I got back into it about four years later when my wife and I ended up stuck in a hotel in a tiny German town for a month and I cleared out the FGLS stock of English language M:TG cards so we'd have something to do in the evenings other than watch the international CNN channel. I've not bought any more since then and my cards are currently stuck in a storage unit somewhere in Germany. Pre-made decks are always handy to bust out for a spontaneous game though so those will definitely be useful.

The rest of the stuff certainly does tick a bunch of boxes. I love comics and the random bits and bobs are all fun things to have roaming around my flat. Thanks again!

Were you at the Studio?

NTRabbit posted:

Those are some quality packing peanuts, what shade of green are they?
Imperial Strike Green

Helen Highwater fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Jan 5, 2016

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

My final "respond or you're busted" email to MySwan got a reply this morning! He claims to have sent a couple of things via drive-thru RPG, to the provided email. I have asked him to come to the thread and help unravel the issue.

I had already emailed Ettin but let's see what happens here.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Leperflesh posted:

My final "respond or you're busted" email to MySwan got a reply this morning! He claims to have sent a couple of things via drive-thru RPG, to the provided email. I have asked him to come to the thread and help unravel the issue.

I had already emailed Ettin but let's see what happens here.

I only use DTRPG to get myself PDFs, is there a way to check status?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

MySwan can presumably check himself. I've had a second email. He has a legitimate reason for having gone AWOL for a few weeks, and has promised to "do anything I can to make sure he gets his PDFs."

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

How to check for other people buying you gifts on DTRPG:

DigitalRaven posted:

If you go to Account -> Show All Orders (under "My Orders"), look for one that has a Delivery Name or Billed To that is not your name.

Evil Mastermind posted:

In your Library, click "New Only" at the top of the list. That'll filter your library on things you haven't downloaded yet.

MySwan
Jan 7, 2015
Dear Ego Trip,

I am so sorry for the lack of a timely gift. I purchased you pdfs on DTRPG, apparently you did not get them. I Cannot apologize enough for being MIA for so long on this issue. I will do everything in my power to make sure you get your gift. If you want we can discuss it here or through email if you want. I just want to make sure I get the right email this time or whatever it was. Again, I can't apologize enough, and I will get you a gift no matter what the cost.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Still nothing at the front office. Will check tomorrow and try calling the post office just on the off chance it's been waiting there.

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

MySwan posted:

Dear Ego Trip,

I am so sorry for the lack of a timely gift. I purchased you pdfs on DTRPG, apparently you did not get them. I Cannot apologize enough for being MIA for so long on this issue. I will do everything in my power to make sure you get your gift. If you want we can discuss it here or through email if you want. I just want to make sure I get the right email this time or whatever it was. Again, I can't apologize enough, and I will get you a gift no matter what the cost.

No worries, man. This is a delivery failure on DriveThru's part, as far as I can tell.
Feel free to email me at removed.

Ego Trip fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Jan 18, 2016

Namenlos
Oct 20, 2010

Helen Highwater posted:

I've played various Werewolf permutations but I didn't have my own cards until this afternoon. I used to play a lot of Magic way way back (2nd Ed, The Dark, Antiquities, Ice Age, etc) and then gave all my cards away when I moved to Paris in 2004. I got back into it about four years later when my wife and I ended up stuck in a hotel in a tiny German town for a month and I cleared out the FGLS stock of English language M:TG cards so we'd have something to do in the evenings other than watch the international CNN channel. I've not bought any more since then and my cards are currently stuck in a storage unit somewhere in Germany. Pre-made decks are always handy to bust out for a spontaneous game though so those will definitely be useful.

The rest of the stuff certainly does tick a bunch of boxes. I love comics and the random bits and bobs are all fun things to have roaming around my flat. Thanks again!

Were you at the Studio?

Imperial Strike Green

Okay good :D If you need to rebuild your Magic collection do let me know; we've just moved house and... well we didn't realise JUST how many cards we both had until we completely filled a deep-bookshelf. So we'll be having a clearout!

I was actually with the Web Team a few years ago, with Dom (who I believe used to work in the studio).

I'd say the peanuts were closer to Gaus Blaster Green, IMHO.

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
The fabled second package appears!

A small box that appeared to have come via Poland confused me momentarily until I realised that Namenlos had just recycled the packaging and stuck a new set of postage on top. Inside was a MaxMini Ork biker! It has a bike, two (identical) Ork bodies and then a whole heap of bits, I count about 9 heads, 4 or five different hand and weapon options, plus a bunch or random stuff to stick on.

Thanks so much Namenlos, I'm sorry this whole thing was such an ordeal for you.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*

Lichtenstein posted:

Cool! Just remember to go straight for the throat owner.

SUCCESS! Vodka, some sort of sugary snack, and a giant pile of deli meats!

Thanks Lichtenstein!

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

Yessssss! So glad this entire sorry thing got closure at last.

Are there meatdongs, or just assorted cold cuts? Anyway, now you're set for a proper '82 party.

Oh, and the sweets are basically the polackiest candies there are, even though really they're a ghetto rip-off of an Austrian invention. It's a bit of the socialist-time cuisine's theme in general.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
It's a sausagefest alright.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

The people at the apartment office now know me on a first name basis. But I still don't have any packages.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Okay, so:

Ego Trip: any success with DTRPG and MySwan?
Rhjamiz is still waiting for a package supposedly shipped the 4th. EatinCake, did that get shipped?
Spincut and Kai Tave: I assume the absentee FedEx/USPS box has not materialized?

e. In other news, the email address scrapers have found us. Until this year, the secret santa email address received about one spam a day. Over the last week, it's been getting over a hundred a day. Gmail is flagging them pretty well, but occasionally a false positive might get in there, so if you send me an email and I don't respond within two or three days, please PM me or post in this thread.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Jan 11, 2016

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Oh! OSHA gonna make you serve time!
'Cause you an occupational hazard tonight.
Yeah, still nothing on my end!

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

I haven't heard from either.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Leperflesh posted:

Spincut and Kai Tave: I assume the absentee FedEx/USPS box has not materialized?

Nothing on my end, CSI hasn't contacted me which leads me to assume the package hasn't been returned to them so it's still floating around out there in the sea of lost mail. I actually be kind of impressed if it wasn't so annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

De-Grinchening for Spincut has been launched.

• Locked thread