Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I'm sure some of this KH run is impressive but I'm bored as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

furry drum circle
Aug 7, 2007

Dear... God...

Eonwe posted:

Free peaches

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

you know I had more fun watching the Fire Emblem run last night.

i am paul newman
Mar 31, 2010
Kingdom Hearts makes me uncomfortable.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

vip in the hooouse

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.
more like omega FARTS

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Eonwe posted:

Free peaches

May I get some free pears instead?

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

tentacle donald is unsettling as hell

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp

Random Stranger posted:

May I get some free pears instead?
fire pooches

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

haha holy gently caress that Mushu swagstrat

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
lmao that chernabog fight

gave me the most trouble when i played it the first time, that was neat

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Metroid sighting huh? Well, I did just pour this coffee...it will still be there tomorrow.
Man, I figured this run would be done by now. I think Battleblock is a game that might be fun to play, but is totally pointless to watch. I know nothing about Ori, but this has been a pretty weak 2nd night.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

mangler103 posted:

Man, I figured this run would be done by now. I think Battleblock is a game that might be fun to play, but is totally pointless to watch. I know nothing about Ori, but this has been a pretty weak 2nd night.

Battleblock by all rights out to be a great run because its kinda wacky, it has lots of weapons, cats, PJ & mecharichter co-op

but the levels are just the same

for like

2 hours

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

if you associate with me you'll get banned from IRC and possibly GDQ

Dr. Dos
Aug 5, 2005

YAAAAAAAY!
Are they getting the battleblock devs again? I remember I had no interest in it last time, but just left the stream running and wound up paying attention to it and enjoying it a bit

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

PJ is pretty charismatic and fun to watch but the gameplay is boring.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

shoudla just had him do ghoulies and ghosties.

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Metroid sighting huh? Well, I did just pour this coffee...it will still be there tomorrow.
They did some top-down ARPG at SGDQ co-op that was basically just them clipping out of bounds every level and wandering aimlessly, hoping to find the exit. They're funny guys, but holy poo poo was that boring.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

with that being said

hit me up on steam if you ever want to play bad games

https://steamcommunity.com/id/Eonwe01

that goes for anyone here actually

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

mangler103 posted:

They did some top-down ARPG at SGDQ co-op that was basically just them clipping out of bounds every level and wandering aimlessly, hoping to find the exit. They're funny guys, but holy poo poo was that boring.

these two have actually done Battleblock at a previous GDQ

its pretty boring after like 20 minutes unfortunately

furry drum circle
Aug 7, 2007

Dear... God...

Eonwe posted:

if you associate with me you'll get banned from IRC and possibly GDQ

fear the man w/ nothing to lose.. :twisted:

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

PJ is also running Lagoon at another time iirc. That might be the better PJ run.

He was loving around with Drakkhar on his own stream a while back. That would be fun because of how poo poo that game is.

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Eonwe posted:

these two have actually done Battleblock at a previous GDQ

its pretty boring after like 20 minutes unfortunately

Yeah, I think I saw that run. I prefer PJ when he's doing a well-known classic with a weird gimmick, like Ghouls and Ghosts all weapons, or a totally obscure NES game.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Aight im back. I guess people were cheering because this is almost over?

JesseHechtCREATIVE
Feb 20, 2013

​ Creative New Content Weekly

Cuisine
Reviews
Entertainment
Animation
Toys
Images
Videogames
Everything!
"Relying on Goofy is never a good thing"

True, true.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Literal minutes...

of my life wasted here.

JesseHechtCREATIVE
Feb 20, 2013

​ Creative New Content Weekly

Cuisine
Reviews
Entertainment
Animation
Toys
Images
Videogames
Everything!
Great cheesing of the final boss

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Speed running RPGs is kind of interesting in how much stat and item management goes into it

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

kingdom hearts is over, come back

edit: I lied

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012
sephiroth first

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

KKKLIP ART posted:

Speed running RPGs is kind of interesting in how much stat and item management goes into it

it's also interesting in how one stretches the word "speed" into taking several hours to beat a game.

Paused
Oct 24, 2010
For a run of Kingdom Hearts I thought that was actually ok. Granted I was only watching the last 45 minutes.

Again, for a Kingdom Hearts run.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

3 hours is pretty drat fast considering most people will take 3 hours doing Tutorial Island+Traverse Town 1

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Kingdom Hearts is still the most baffling concept to me. Who decided "let's make Final Fantasy but put loving Disney characters in it". Any semblance of seriousness or drama flies out the window when you have Donald Duck quacking about whatever, not to mention THE DRAMATIC DEATH OF GOOFY. gently caress YOU FF7, gently caress YOU AERIS. GOOFY IS THE MOST TRAGIC FINAL FANTASY CHARACTER EVER

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Awesome Games Done Fast Relatively Compared To How Long It Usually Takes 2016

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.

Groovelord Neato posted:

it's also interesting in how one stretches the word "speed" into taking several hours to beat a game.

When the normal playthrough time is something like 20+ hours? Yeah that's pretty fast.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Alabaster White posted:

Kingdom Hearts is still the most baffling concept to me. Who decided "let's make Final Fantasy but put loving Disney characters in it". Any semblance of seriousness or drama flies out the window when you have Donald Duck quacking about whatever, not to mention THE DRAMATIC DEATH OF GOOFY. gently caress YOU FF7, gently caress YOU AERIS. GOOFY IS THE MOST TRAGIC FINAL FANTASY CHARACTER EVER

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjr-hTKvoy0

Duckniss.. Dartniss! Dartniss? Derk.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Your Computer posted:

Awesome Games Done Fast Relatively Compared To How Long It Usually Takes 2016

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.
Sin Harvest sounds cooler :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU