Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

I always forge a Bronze Lance for Donny so he can get out of Villager asap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Bongo Bill posted:

It's a fun thing you can do if you want to give special attention to a particular character, but if the feature were absent you wouldn't notice.

I basically used it to fill in the gap of a really good weapon for all the characters I couldn't get Armsthrift on (because they get to have one of the Legendary weapons). Unless you really care about micro-managing and giving your units special, custom poo poo you'll mostly use it to more easily train units out of lovely weapon usage ranks.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Scrap Dragon posted:

I always forge a Bronze Lance for Donny so he can get out of Villager asap

I without fail, always name it "Pitchfork"

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

cheetah7071 posted:

Onmi are you changing her unpromoted sprites or keeping them the same since she's the only female mage?

already changed

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

bronze forges can be really nice for units swapping to new classes, or are otherwise really weak and need the boost like donny at the start, but other than that I don't bother

Exaccus
Jan 2, 2015

"Hmph. Not much of a selection, is there?"
I've forged beast killers for the express purpose of oneshoting paladins and Valkyries on lunatic

Because gently caress valm and its horse orgy

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Onmi posted:

Reminder that Lilina is still the best

Her daughter Lilian from Ostian Princess is better.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Well I mean, if we're including FEDDOP how can anyone compete with Marg Santegalo?

e:VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
Whoops typing is hard!

FoolyCharged fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Jan 4, 2016

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I thought his name was marf

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Marge Simpsongelo.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

am I a terrible human being for thinking Radiant Dawn is a bad game

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

yes, i'm sorry you had to find out this way

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

voltcatfish posted:

RD is a good game with some really wonky availabilities married to a terrible plot. So maybe not outright bad, but there are certainly good reasons to dislike it.

Alternatively, yes you are.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

voltcatfish posted:

list of good things about radiant dawn:

dialogue
music
80% of the maps

list of bad things about radiant dawn:

a lot of the plot
20% of the maps
unit availability

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

I find that radiant dawn is a game I really want to like, but can't.
All the PoV switching just makes it hard to get irrationally attached to my imaginary pixelmen

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Yeah I have to agree with that. RD is the only game where I can easily just ditch my earlier bread and butter units for the powerful lategame joiners without shedding a tear. The constant switching and absurd army size makes it hard to get too attached to people.

e: It's still a good game though. Very good, even, just with bad aspects.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

radiant dawn is a really interesting game and I like some of the things they tried to do in theory, even if they didn't do them very well at the end of the day

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Shadow Dragon is legitimately the only bad Fire Emblem since the NES era. The series has a pretty incredible track record imo

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

Shadow Dragon is legitimately the only bad Fire Emblem since the NES era. The series has a pretty incredible track record imo

this is true

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

I think I'm the only one that likes RD unit availability. It leads to lots of situations where mediocre units have a chance to shine.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

and i'm not even sure i'd call fe1 and 2 bad. they are NES rpgs. i'm sure people liked them at the time (see the continued existence of this series). hell gaiden is even kinda fun today, if awkward

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Yeah I think FE2 is legitimately good but wonky, and FE1 was bad mostly because of NES limitations. It was bad in the DS remake but good in the SNES remake so I'm inclined to give it the benefit of the doubt, though it remains a game I wouldn't recommend to someone without heavy, heavy caveats.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

cheetah7071 posted:

Yeah I think FE2 is legitimately good but wonky, and FE1 was bad mostly because of NES limitations. It was bad in the DS remake but good in the SNES remake so I'm inclined to give it the benefit of the doubt, though it remains a game I wouldn't recommend to someone without heavy, heavy caveats.

A lot quicker to just point them to the translation patch for Hero of Light and Shadow anyways. It was both a better game and the translation came across pretty well to me.

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

WrightOfWay posted:

I think I'm the only one that likes RD unit availability. It leads to lots of situations where mediocre units have a chance to shine.

Chapters like 3-9 (iirc) where the Crimean Knights have to defend the village are interesting, because you've got 6 or 7 deeply mediocre guys that you have no choice but to work with.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTl8gDQiKiE

What a time to be alive.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Not for me because I just died.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

. . . aaaand there we go, I have no more regrets about not really wanting this game. Cheers to anybody that does, though, this round goes to you.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

That probably spoiled an important part of the game but gently caress it, it's given me even more reason to want this game because that was pretty awesome. I have no idea what's going on but it was still awesome.

I feel I'll like this game.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
People who don't like that are stupid.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i too have no sense of humor

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

free the post

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012
I'm not sure *what* that was, but I kind of want to play it.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Okay to be fair I haven't played Radiant Dawn in the nearly 10 years since it came out and I was a 17 year old then so maybe in my adult age I would like Radiant Dawn more

blood pacts do seem kind of stupid still

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
#FE looks weird but good

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

sign me the gently caress up 👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good poo poo go౦ԁ poo poo👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌poo poo right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯 i say so 💯 thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good poo poo

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

voltcatfish posted:

Okay to be fair I haven't played Radiant Dawn in the nearly 10 years since it came out and I was a 17 year old then so maybe in my adult age I would like Radiant Dawn more

blood pacts do seem kind of stupid still
blood pacts are a fairly forced plot point but i like how the kilvas thing pans out

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

I still prefer this to Fates.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

alcharagia posted:

sign me the gently caress up 👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good poo poo go౦ԁ poo poo👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌poo poo right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯 i say so 💯 thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good poo poo

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

im interested in the game now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Momomo posted:

I still prefer this to Fates.

Well there's having opinions and just plain being wrong