Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!

Dreamofpower posted:

I need more gear ups on Loki, and better supporting chars. I can get to the 500k health beast but bad heal procs and no fallback usually ends the run at around 90k

Force procs with the shield. My biggest problem is I keep loving clipping the shield cast with the illusions cast and I end up getting 1 shot by the beast before the actual shield goes off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL
I'm pretty early into this (main heros almost level 30) but Im hitting a wall while leveling and all the leveling advice i've seen is for much higher level players than where I am now. My heros are falling behind story progression and I'm not sure if I'm missing some mode or optimization that gets more xp or xp chips that i'm missing.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

deimos posted:

For those who doubt Loki's glory:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eG_MIGaO_N0

and how dumb AB is

gently caress that

What iso 8 set do I want on silk?

Holyshoot fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Jan 4, 2016

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Smasher Dynamo's assistant of the Super-League.

Holyshoot posted:

gently caress that

What iso 8 set do I want on silk?

I'm running Smart Raccoon on her. Seems to be working pretty well; Anything that gets her shields up again ASAP is BIS to me.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

quote:

Actually, the conclusion that says "Everything you know about EXP leveling is wrong" is not correct at all.
Let's see for example mission 10-8. The table says Net EXP, Lvl 60 Plow 113432 which means 113432 / 2 = 56716 EXP per character
Now, let's see the 2nd case. It says Net EXP, 3 <60 heroes 170148 which means 170148 / 3 = 56716 EXP per character which is exactly the same result.
Sure, the total EXP gained is higher in the 2nd case, but i'm pretty that we all just kinda already knew that a 60lv character does not gain EXP.

It seems like its a lot of fuss over raw number instead of actual leveling when it comes to dudes info redump.

There's also the fact that no human alive would grind the number it takes to get from 50-60 without autoplay.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

cbx posted:

I'm running Smart Raccoon on her. Seems to be working pretty well; Anything that gets her shields up again ASAP is BIS to me.

Yeah I think most people are running that on her.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Dreamofpower
Nov 19, 2012

deimos posted:

Force procs with the shield. My biggest problem is I keep loving clipping the shield cast with the illusions cast and I end up getting 1 shot by the beast before the actual shield goes off.

Yeah I didn't realize it procced when my shield was up. Also realized I forgot to actually max shield, so I wasn't absorbing very many hits.

Can't wait to kite for an hour next time!

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Pyronic posted:

I'm pretty early into this (main heros almost level 30) but Im hitting a wall while leveling and all the leveling advice i've seen is for much higher level players than where I am now. My heros are falling behind story progression and I'm not sure if I'm missing some mode or optimization that gets more xp or xp chips that i'm missing.

This happens often. What you do is take the time to farm story levels before this. Also, do your alliance battles so you can help your bros earn the lvl 5 chips with you.

You'll want to farm story levels you can handle because it'll net you stuff you need anyway: gear up kits, norns, bios for other chars.

Do your dailies as well. In the item shop too, you can buy XP chips with gold. Not a bad investment as a new player.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

new players: to send assemble points to people for the daily tap the Allies icon between the assemble points and mailbox, then go to Game and tap the bottom left button to send it to everyone.

to add friends by name go to the Allies Icon and Recommended, then top right there you can tap to search by name.

ps looking for friends. add baramsa

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!
Just logged in and got a hundo GUKs. Log in goons!

E: oholyfuck DDE rolled on my second roll on Silk.

deimos fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Jan 5, 2016

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

how much $ would i have to spend to get a 6* ticket from this event?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

No event going on sorry sir. :(

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

sorry i meant the one where you buy things in the store and get some green token which you can trade 20 of for a 6* mega rank up ticket.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

baram. posted:

sorry i meant the one where you buy things in the store and get some green token which you can trade 20 of for a 6* mega rank up ticket.

yeah that ended already, it's not going on anymore

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Kelp Plankton posted:

yeah that ended already, it's not going on anymore

drat rip.

this game needs a hub4site

sakeyake
Feb 1, 2004

baram. posted:

drat rip.

this game needs a hub4site

If you didn't miss the event it probably would have been around $200 to rack up that many tokens.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Mega rank ups cost about like 30K~ish crystals right?

20 points and most packages that gave 1 cost 1450 and most that give 2 start at 1950.

Cheapest method was literally buying the 3 4 5 6.
the 3 and 4 were special packages, 5 and 6 limited sale.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Rolled some ISO stuff on my main team last night, wanted to check in to see how I did.

Nico has Hawk Eye
Silk has Drastic Density Enhancement
Singularity has POWER of ANGRY HULK (it feels like it needs to be in caps)

Based on the thread DDE seems good, but it's hard to gauge just exactly what I'm looking for. I've got those 6* Isos just sitting around from a few weeks ago, too.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
Jessica and Nico have Stark Backing
BW has Overdrive

idk

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Zodack posted:

Rolled some ISO stuff on my main team last night, wanted to check in to see how I did.

Nico has Hawk Eye
Silk has Drastic Density Enhancement
Singularity has POWER of ANGRY HULK (it feels like it needs to be in caps)

Based on the thread DDE seems good, but it's hard to gauge just exactly what I'm looking for. I've got those 6* Isos just sitting around from a few weeks ago, too.

For me nico and Silk have hawks eye

venom has... something
Spiderman Prince of lie (why not prince of lies? who knows)

Loki has I am groot, because well why not.
Most are very same-ish. I've just heard the shield ones aren't very good.

As an aside, regardless of which you get, your iso from the 6* thing will not fully cover because most 8 set isos need 2-3 chaotic, and chaotics sadly don't appear above 2*.

So have fun. My silk has all my 6's and 1 5 * chaotic I had to use every single Iso i had at the time to make (and thats from when the dailies were in unlimited runs and I ran out of inventory space)

I actually still have 1 6 star iso, the dodge one.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Yay!! Hot Time is back!

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Cool graphic about ISO-8:

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I Have Strengths You Can't Imagine
Oh cool got the bonus poo poo from christmas sales.

I think I'll save the selectors for when my waifu gets added to the game

edit: speaking of waifus

HUMAN FISH fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Jan 5, 2016

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Do I want a 6* Elsa?

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Thanks for this! Does anyone have a similarly comprehensive guide for maximizing your ISO resources with regards to upgrading them? What ISO to feed, what star levels are autosells, etc? I know I asked around the time they combined bonuses with dailies (when I started) and no one seemed completely certain how to be efficient with that upgrade system.

For example, if it is a waste leveling up 1* iso for fodder, and you only want to do that with 3*+ I'd like to know before I burn a billion gold

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Can your skills make you functionally invincible?
Yes: Smart Raccoon
Not really: Stark Backing
I'm broke: Just settle for whatever

Dial-a-Dog fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Jan 5, 2016

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

HUMAN FISH posted:

Oh cool got the bonus poo poo from christmas sales.

I think I'll save the selectors for when my waifu gets added to the game

edit: speaking of waifus

Honestly, how much money did you spend to get that?

Rubicon
Dec 16, 2005
Al bisogno si conosce l'amico
I'm hoping on getting a team of Silk, Captain Marvel, and Black Panther to max level and rank. It looks like that's going to take a lot of time.

Is it worth the $8.60 to buy the 70 generic biometrics? Silk is 5*/2mastery. Captain is 4*/1mastery. BP is 3*/1mastery.

At what point should I be able to beat the one level you can farm for BP? I can't beat the three bosses.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I've always found the bio sale you mention to be a must buy. It's a one time thing. As for your BP question. His chapter is lvl 41 enemies. I think I was about lvl 42-43 when I beat it. I stuck primarily with that philosophy until the end. I beat Chap 10 at lvl 50. I kited my rear end off to stay alive.

Also, new players, you want to take advantage of HOTLINE BLING Hot Time XP event tonight. That's at 7pm EST according to the in game countdown and will help you level guys super fast.

Find a level you can farm easily for XP and just autoplay that thing.

Level 30 and can't get over the hump? Farm a level and roll all over it. Hit lvl 35 finally? Keep moving on up!

You want to save that energy, cash in those assemble points this evening, use your daily recharge, do your cheevs, etc.

You want to take major advantage of these times. They speed up your process so much.

DO STORY ONLY as it will be energy reduced to 3 cost instead of 4.

Ask questions if you aren't sure how to proceed. You got less than 7 hours from this post to get your life in order.

Also, thinking if you're gonna be on awhile, go into Channel 859 so we can COORDINATE RIFT OPENINGS. Great way to fill out friend lists. I'll pop in there at 7pm est myself. Get my waifu on.

I feel like that would be really cool to do. Lots of new players in the past few days and will make for some convo while we farm endlessly like idiots.

ICR fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Jan 5, 2016

God Damn Dam God
Dec 24, 2004

I push buttons. I turn dials. I read numbers. Sometimes I make up little stories in my head about what the numbers mean.
Grimey Drawer
Marvel Future Fight should be renamed to "Crash when you are using your best hero during villain siege. gently caress you if you want a decent amount of clear tickets or gold rear end in a top hat"

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Randy Mythbuster posted:

Marvel Future Fight should be renamed to "Crash when you are using your best hero during villain siege. gently caress you if you want a decent amount of clear tickets or gold rear end in a top hat"

Did you go all low settings?

God Damn Dam God
Dec 24, 2004

I push buttons. I turn dials. I read numbers. Sometimes I make up little stories in my head about what the numbers mean.
Grimey Drawer
Yep

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
It's called "Hot Time" because if you run your phone the whole event it will literally burst into flames.

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68
Playing this game for an extended period of time is like giving Satan a handjob.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Gibbering Madness posted:

Playing this game for an extended period of time is like giving Satan a handjob.

But you gotta admit it's probably the best handy ever administered I would hope.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Gibbering Madness posted:

Watching the video of that dude doing BW for over an hour ramped up my carpel tunnel

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Playing this game for an extended period of time doesn't really happen for me because it drains my iPad's battery the gently caress dry. It's a bit ridiculous really.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Saint Freak posted:

It's called "Hot Time" because if you run your phone the whole event it will literally burst into flames.

At least I'm not the only one.

I'd really like to get some fools to 60.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

But you gotta admit it's probably the best handy ever administered I would hope.

Totally. Whenever I go to grind groot's "special" mission I always put on loose fitting yet sensual white clothes, light a few candles, lather up my hands in scented baby oil and crank up some Enya.

• Locked thread