Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I much prefer the articulation over the Elite Series. I'm not that thrilled on my Ren and Phasma. Kinda bland.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Figuarts is the way to go anyway.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

therealjon_ posted:

Do we know when/if there's going to be a Figuarts Rey?

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

therealjon_ posted:

Correct. Elite Series doesn't scale well, articulation isn't anything special, faces are hit or miss, and they're more difficult to attain. Plus, at this time, less of a character selection and it doesn't look like they have plans to do a wide selection upcoming.

Figuarts is a great alternative to the Black Series in the few characters they've chosen to produce, but they are also more expensive and difficult to attain. They're significantly higher in quality than both the Black Series and Elite Series though. Articulation is through the roof and accessories and details are amazing. They also look pretty committed to continue to put out more characters, moreso than the Elite Series, but not as many character offerings as Hasbro's Black Series.

The Black Series has a lot of problems, the Elite Series is not the answer to them though, not for most collectors I think.

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

A Tin Of Beans posted:

Do we know when/if there's going to be a Figuarts Rey?

It's assumed, and there's a huge demand for her with the new movie out now. I think it's natural we'll see it soon enough, all TFA Merch prior to the movie was clearly designed not to spoil much for the movie, and certain parts of her figure and accessories could spoil parts of the movie. That's not much of a problem now, so I expect to be seeing more of her stuff released.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Oh come on, the difference between Figuarts and Black Series isn't that-

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

boom boom boom posted:

Oh come on, the difference between Figuarts and Black Series isn't that-

The one of the left costs $100 and the one on the right costs $20, so there's also that to factor in.

I will say that Figuarts' new digital face printing technology works really really well. It's almost like a mini-hot toys.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Fish Of Doom posted:

The one of the left costs $100 and the one on the right costs $20, so there's also that to factor in.

I will say that Figuarts' new digital face printing technology works really really well. It's almost like a mini-hot toys.

where're you getting that 100 buck number from?

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Figuarts cost $40 - $50 shipped from Japan EMS. Not sure where this $100 figure is coming from.

EDIT: Also Rey is like my #1 want from the Figuarts line.

I also appreciate how much love they have and are giving the prequels.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

I just checked google shopping.
https://www.google.com/search?q=figuarts+luke&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#q=figuarts+luke&tbm=shop

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I don't think Rey is showing enough skin or wearing enough armor for Figuarts.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:

therealjon_ posted:

Figuarts cost $40 - $50 shipped from Japan EMS. Not sure where this $100 figure is coming from.

EDIT: Also Rey is like my #1 want from the Figuarts line.

I also appreciate how much love they have and are giving the prequels.

Not everyone loves in a main city in the US. :cmon:

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

Figuarts Luke is one of the best Star Wars figures ever, the $100 number comes from what he currently goes for on the secondary market. If you were lucky enough to get one of the preorders from an import site when it was released then you got it for $40-50, but it's so sought after so its price has risen.

It's vastly superior to the Black Series Luke, which is one of the worst figures Hasbro has done in their 6" line.

Not to sound too much of a defender of Hasbro here, I have a lot of the Black Series and several Figuarts too, but the picture is comparing the best of Figuarts and the worst of the Black Series. Not all the Figuarts figures are of the quality of Luke, some of their other characters have some notable flaws.

Even if you ignore that the $100 number because it's a secondary market price, it is undeniable that Figuarts figures are slightly more than twice the price of a normal Black Series figure so yeah it's totally reasonable that the quality is higher.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

ShimSham posted:

Figuarts Luke is one of the best Star Wars figures ever, the $100 number comes from what he currently goes for on the secondary market. If you were lucky enough to get one of the preorders from an import site when it was released then you got it for $40-50, but it's so sought after so its price has risen.

It's vastly superior to the Black Series Luke, which is one of the worst figures Hasbro has done in their 6" line.

Not to sound too much of a defender of Hasbro here, I have a lot of the Black Series and several Figuarts too, but the picture is comparing the best of Figuarts and the worst of the Black Series. Not all the Figuarts figures are of the quality of Luke, some of their other characters have some notable flaws.

Even if you ignore that the $100 number because it's a secondary market price, it is undeniable that Figuarts figures are slightly more than twice the price of a normal Black Series figure so yeah it's totally reasonable that the quality is higher.

I was just shocked at how much the figure appreciated considering there's a second run coming out.

And believe me I know, I've got a Black Series First order storm trooper, but couldn't get a hold of a Figuarts version, and in the display I've got of Figuarts Stormtroopers (og version,) and the bandai kits, you really can't tell they're from different series of figures on casual inspection.

That said, I really want to fill out the ranks of my First Order stormies with the bandai kits, but they're a little more difficult to get a hold of with the import restriction on them now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

I was just shocked at how much the figure appreciated considering there's a second run coming out.

And believe me I know, I've got a Black Series First order storm trooper, but couldn't get a hold of a Figuarts version, and in the display I've got of Figuarts Stormtroopers (og version,) and the bandai kits, you really can't tell they're from different series of figures on casual inspection.

That said, I really want to fill out the ranks of my First Order stormies with the bandai kits, but they're a little more difficult to get a hold of with the import restriction on them now.

What import restrictions?

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Rhyno posted:

What import restrictions?

One of the other Star Wars Model kit companies threw a hissy fit because bandai's kits were amazingly awesome and Disney put their foot down.

A lot of people suspected it was Revell but now the rumor is it was Dragon. So the importers like HLJ, Ami Ami and 1999.co.jp had to remove the figure kits from sale to anyone not in Japan.

can still get the kits through individual sellers though, it's just a hassle if you want more than one.

Cricken_Nigfops fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Jan 4, 2016

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Figuarts FO Stormtrooper is better than their Luke. Hell, the Battle Droid is better than Luke.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
So many Star Wars figures, so few people up for making ANH versions of Ben or Leia...

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

One of the other Star Wars Model kit companies threw a hissy fit because bandai's kits were amazingly awesome and Disney put their foot down.

A lot of people suspected it was Revell but now the rumor is it was Dragon. So the importers like HLJ, Ami Ami and 1999.co.jp had to remove the figure kits from sale to anyone not in Japan.

can still get the kits through individual sellers though, it's just a hassle if you want more than one.

Oh its just Star Wars stuff. I was worried it was some nonsense about keeping Japanese product out of pasty white people's hands.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

therealjon_ posted:

Figuarts FO Stormtrooper is better than their Luke. Hell, the Battle Droid is better than Luke.

Anything with a non human face is going to be better than anything with one pretty much.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
It's me, I'm the guy who wants an unmasked Kylo figure. Let loose those luscious locks!

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002
I am just waiting for the Vintage Collection versions of all of these.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Sentinel Red posted:

It's me, I'm the guy who wants an unmasked Kylo figure. Let loose those luscious locks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eC5FHK4AmoI

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

What site was selling the totally-not-Judge Anderson companion to Bones Dredd? I can't find my confirmation email and I want to make sure I have the cash set aside for when the time comes for her.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's called Epoch Cop, and the company is VTS Toys.

Googling that I 'm not familiar with any of the sites selling it though so I can't recommend one.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Sanschel posted:

What site was selling the totally-not-Judge Anderson companion to Bones Dredd? I can't find my confirmation email and I want to make sure I have the cash set aside for when the time comes for her.

It was OneSixthKit but the old link appears to be dead....

I am going to email them to make sure Im still getting it.

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran
Spoiler-filled toy reveals from the new Ninja Turtles film.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Mods please rename me to Miguel Angel

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm gonna need that Casey Jones figure if only so I can make my existing plastic Amell make out with himself.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Huh, they're really doing the Krang and Technodrome stuff? Why can't Bay be this faithful to Transformers?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Those make money so they don't need to pander.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

The_Doctor posted:

Huh, they're really doing the Krang and Technodrome stuff? Why can't Bay be this faithful to Transformers?

Probably because Bay is only producing the TMNT movies whereas he's directing and producing the Transformers ones.

Totbot
Oct 4, 2013
Man, its weird seeing people say the new TMNT movies are faithful and that they aren't completely in Bay's control. According to a very loud part of the TMNT fandom, Bay is 100% in control and is actively murdering children because of the last Turtles movie.

Personally I'm looking forward to it. The last one was the perfect blend of awful and entertaining. Plus, I always need more Bebop and Rocksteady toys.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

From what I saw of the trailer, if they could remove all of the dialogue it would be a much better movie.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

OneSixthKit got back and said preorders closed but the VTS Epoch cop thing is still set. Unsure what else would be a good site to get it from.

Also the last TMNT movie was pretty good (knowing things were cut up and tossed for some reason) but the new one looks to fix those mistakes and is even more faithful to the show. Cannot wait!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Totbot posted:

Man, its weird seeing people say the new TMNT movies are faithful and that they aren't completely in Bay's control. According to a very loud part of the TMNT fandom, Bay is 100% in control and is actively murdering children because of the last Turtles movie.

Personally I'm looking forward to it. The last one was the perfect blend of awful and entertaining. Plus, I always need more Bebop and Rocksteady toys.

From his own admission, Bay visited the set of TMNT one time.

Totbot
Oct 4, 2013

Rhyno posted:

From his own admission, Bay visited the set of TMNT one time.

That doesn't stop nerds from thinking otherwise.

Recently Bay did an interview where he said he gave some input on the designs of the next movie's villains. Like he asked the designers if Rocksteady's head was a little small and looked off. Fairly minor stuff.

One of the big TMNT forums took this as proof that Bay has full control over the next movie.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Vintersorg posted:

OneSixthKit got back and said preorders closed but the VTS Epoch cop thing is still set. Unsure what else would be a good site to get it from.

Also the last TMNT movie was pretty good (knowing things were cut up and tossed for some reason) but the new one looks to fix those mistakes and is even more faithful to the show. Cannot wait!

I've ordered from these guys before and they are pretty awesome. Haven't preordered from them though.

Anyway, http://www.blackopstoys.com/catalog/dam-toys-preorder-virtual-toys-new-epoch-cop-female-mint-in-box-p-25049.html should net you a ANNOYED PSYCHIC TRAINEE OFFICER without much grief.

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

I'm into the model kits and was upset over Disney's ban-hammer on Bandai, even though I can see the problem if Bandai didn't purchase a world-wide license.

Still, I've had no problem buying the FO Stormtrooper (x2) and the BB-8/R2-D2 kits from Ebay for prices in line with what I was paying from Ami Ami.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Cheesus posted:

I'm into the model kits and was upset over Disney's ban-hammer on Bandai, even though I can see the problem if Bandai didn't purchase a world-wide license.

Still, I've had no problem buying the FO Stormtrooper (x2) and the BB-8/R2-D2 kits from Ebay for prices in line with what I was paying from Ami Ami.

Neat, thanks, I'll check that avenue out. So far, Amazon hasn't been too bad of a source, but again, I kind of want 4 of them and it's a hassle getting them one off.