Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

C-Euro posted:

I don't get the Ancestral Recall callback but good on them.

Now I kind of want this unironically, if it isn't just "good" planeswalkers vs "evil" ones.

In a few months, if you wanted to draw a picture of LSV's family, you'd Draw 3.

i'm sorry

i'm not sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

C-Euro posted:

One of his old tokens is that art except without his wife.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

C-Euro posted:

Now I kind of want this unironically, if it isn't just "good" planeswalkers vs "evil" ones.

Gideon, the Stalwart Superadon walked through the corridors of Multiverse Tower until he reached the sanctum of Jace, the Brain Thinker. He knocked on the door. It was a hollow, knocking sound -- the kind of sound you would hear when the fist of justice meets birchwood.

The door opened. "I've been expecting you," sneered Jace, his hooded trenchcoat billowing in an unfelt wind. "What is it you wanted?"

"Well, uh," sputtered Gideon, "Nissa said you were a stupidhead. I am telling you this because liberty."

Jace's eyes turned dark, with a fire that mirrored the blackness of my very soul. "Well then," he said. "I'll show her who's a stupidhead." He whirled around, slamming the door behind him, retreating to begin his plot for revenge.

Gideon turned and walked back through the corridors to his room. Entering, he removed a cloth covering a crystal ball. "He believed it, Ajani. And you're sure this will make Chandra like me?"

Ajani's face in the crystal ball smiled. "Oh yes, everything will work out perfectly." The camera flies through the crystal ball and we see Nicol Bolas, wearing a plastic Ajani halloween mask

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Boco_T posted:

Papa Luis

This is awesome.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Niton posted:

:vince:

I just now got it.

Also, good on them, best wishes to Storm Value Scott-Vargas and their parents.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

C-Euro posted:

It's for when the baby recalls his ancestors

E: or it's triplets holy poo poo

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
New? (I think it was leaked in another language)

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Gideon, the Stalwart Superadon walked through the corridors of Multiverse Tower until he reached the sanctum of Jace, the Brain Thinker. He knocked on the door. It was a hollow, knocking sound -- the kind of sound you would hear when the fist of justice meets birchwood.

The door opened. "I've been expecting you," sneered Jace, his hooded trenchcoat billowing in an unfelt wind. "What is it you wanted?"

"Well, uh," sputtered Gideon, "Nissa said you were a stupidhead. I am telling you this because liberty."

Jace's eyes turned dark, with a fire that mirrored the blackness of my very soul. "Well then," he said. "I'll show her who's a stupidhead." He whirled around, slamming the door behind him, retreating to begin his plot for revenge.

Gideon turned and walked back through the corridors to his room. Entering, he removed a cloth covering a crystal ball. "He believed it, Ajani. And you're sure this will make Chandra like me?"

Ajani's face in the crystal ball smiled. "Oh yes, everything will work out perfectly." The camera flies through the crystal ball and we see Nicol Bolas, wearing a plastic Ajani halloween mask

i liked this

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Owen already suggested ORAT, Thassa, and Batterskull as potential names.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Rinkles posted:

Published by Mark Rosewater on his personal TumblrTM blog Blogatog by Mark Rosewater

There was a guy who used to write letters to the local newspaper with inspiration quotes from himself at the beginning. This irritates me far too much.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Hellsau posted:

Imagine how good his dad jokes are going to be.

"good"

He wanted to be able to tell dad jokes, but also wanted maximum value.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

rabidsquid posted:

How loving smug is this guy

There are people who don't like LSV?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Rinkles posted:

New? (I think it was leaked in another language)

i liked this

Awesome, City of Brass for a mechanic that's not likely to come back for a while.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

TheKingofSprings posted:

Awesome, City of Brass for a mechanic that's not likely to come back for a while ever.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

mcmagic posted:

There are people who don't like LSV?

Someone a fee pages back mentioned how smug LSV is.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Niton posted:

i'm sorry

i'm not sorry

:pusheen:

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

TheKingofSprings posted:

Awesome, City of Brass for a mechanic that's not likely to come back for a while.

It's not really any more offensive in that regard than the rare Ally land, or the rare Sliver land.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

JerryLee posted:

It's not really any more offensive in that regard than the rare Ally land, or the rare Sliver land.

Those are at least useful for cards that already existed, and they can at least do things with Changelings.

This one can't do even that.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

JerryLee posted:

Allies and slivers existed before this, are popular, and will almost certainly see print again. Devoid is... a bad filler mechanic.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

It taps for C without damaging you so it's better than City of Brass. It makes sense as a way to let you play devoid cards and C cards in the same deck with the colorless matters stuff.

I assume devoid will be back whenever there are eldrazi around.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

Lol wtf creative a bone saw is something you use to cut bone, not a woodcutting device made from bone. :shepface:

Also, it's going to be something we all begrudgingly play to activate surge.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Lottery of Babylon posted:

I was hoping for Ajani, Secret Rakshasa at the end but this is good too.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Dungeon Ecology posted:

Lol wtf creative a bone saw is something you use to cut bone, not a woodcutting device made from bone. :shepface:

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

smdh

:ughh:

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

:thejoke:

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Is there any actual good reason why it can't just say "spend this many only to play colorless spells"?

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Dungeon Ecology posted:

:spergin:

Counterpoint: Using any other art for bonesaw would be a crime.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

dragon enthusiast posted:

Is there any actual good reason why it can't just say "spend this many only to play colorless spells"?

Our market research shows that players were confused why you would ever want to spend colored mana on colorless spells even though there are like four devoid cards in every pack, so we decided to spell it out for them. Besides, Creative insisted that the mana needed to be incompatible with Ghostfire, so there was really nothing else we could do.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

dragon enthusiast posted:

it is because they think players are retarded

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

They are not wrong.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

mandatory lesbian posted:

A lot of them are tbh

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I mean there's almost no plausible scenario where it matters to anyone ever so you might as well go for clarity. The only one I can think of is modern eldrazi both branching out into a bunch of different colors for eldrazi and playing Engineered Explosives in its sideboard.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

mandatory lesbian posted:

Truthfully I am extremely retarded

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
confirming my severe mental retardation, aspergers syndrome, and strange dick shape that only allows me to have sex if i play blue

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

black potus posted:

confirming my severe mental retardation, aspergers syndrome, and strange dick shape that only allows me to have sex if i play blue

it's a phenomenon called blue balls

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

rabidsquid posted:

same as hell

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

rabidsquid posted:

This and lobster hands that have nothing to do with how bad I am at making a post that anyone would want to read ever.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

black potus posted:

Pretty sure that playing blue also marks you as being extremely unlikely to have sex (LSV aside) so that's a real catch-22 you've got going there

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
if you use a condom when you're having sex, well you're basically just hemorrhaging value

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Boco_T posted:

Papa Luis

Look what i did

To my future child

For value

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGXG5rNe_tI&t=180s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

JerryLee posted:

Pretty sure that playing blue also marks you as being extremely unlikely to have sex (LSV aside) so that's a real catch-22 you've got going there

its a lonely road you travel when you're a weird dick retard

• Locked thread