Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
They play a lot of Shantae music for it never showing up.

Shantae block, c'mon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Is there anything PJ can't break?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I've barely heard of the games coming up in the next hours, is it the indie block or something now?

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Your Computer posted:

I've barely heard of the games coming up in the next hours, is it the indie block or something now?

Yup. BBT was the start of the Indie Game Block, which finishes with Spelunky.

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

Your Computer posted:

Seems like it, considering i see Axiom Verge in there.
Ori & The Blind Forest was in SGDQ, it's a very pretty game with cool movement.

Akujiki
Nov 25, 2013

Crain posted:

Ok that was great and going on the must watch list.

Sadly I think it's reached its lifespan as a run at GDQ.

Maybe put people will be a good speed run gam.

PJ's pretty good about the lifespan of his games. We might see it again a few years down the line (like Lagoon coming back after a few years of vacation), but he's got enough of a repertoire of games that he could pretty easily find another combination of games to submit for.

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Your Computer posted:

From playing ORI I assume it lends itself fantastically to speedruns, and it beautiful to boot.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
I'm really glad they're doing these post-run interviews, it's smart and feasel has been doing a great job with them.

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

I want to watch the Ori run since Metroidvanias lend themselves really well to speedrunning, but still need to play the game for myself and would like to experience everything for myself the first time through. :(

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
^^^ i'm not sure about all cells but by and large, speedruns break so much scripting of the game and have such clever sequence breaks that I think your experience, barring the abilities you get, will be intact ^^^

Your Computer posted:

No, just newer games.

Ori is a super-legit, more platformy Metroidvania title. Its speedrun is cool and it's the first game I'd even consider running.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Your Computer posted:

13 hour long Indie Megablock, and EVERY GAME here is gold. Look forward to Velocity 2X, which is designed to be a super-twitchy speedgame and look great when being smashed through at a thousand miles an hour.

Edit: That's an interesting Big Red Title, on account of me having never been to any GDQ event? Or any geek gathering, come to think of it, on account of being poor and British. I'm not sure who that in the picture is?

What in the gently caress?

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

they didn't read my haiku :(

Dominic White posted:

Edit: That's an interesting Big Red Title, on account of me having never been to any GDQ event? I'm not sure who that in the picture is?

I literally was going to ask you what the gently caress that was about

Edit: Google Image Search says Phil Fish? I don't think that's him.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Hopefully the event doesn't get SWATted while they're demoing the hoodie.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Dominic White posted:

Edit: That's an interesting Big Red Title, on account of me having never been to any GDQ event? Or any geek gathering, come to think of it, on account of being poor and British. I'm not sure who that in the picture is?

Hahahaha wow that's some red text

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

the plugging is beyond awkward, I thought the interviewer was bad.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

did that guy say buttplugs?

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007
This guy is a pro sponsor plug man

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Button plugs, you say? :pervert:

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

I want to get my hands all over that chun li stick

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Cowman posted:

I literally was going to ask you what the gently caress that was about

Edit: Google Image Search says Phil Fish? I don't think that's him.

I don't know. Who'd I upset this time, and how?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Trash Boat posted:

I want to watch the Ori run since Metroidvanias lend themselves really well to speedrunning, but still need to play the game for myself and would like to experience everything for myself the first time through. :(

Yeah I've only played about an hour, gonna have to skip it and watch the vod later.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Cowman posted:

did that guy say buttplugs?

That's what I heard

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
I missed the singing and battleblock :( but there will be VODs. The posts read like they were things I enjoy, so that's cool.
Someone read a "my grandmother died" donation in a :D voice? lol wow

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

It's almost definitely Phil Fish.

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Metroid sighting huh? Well, I did just pour this coffee...it will still be there tomorrow.
Will someone give that poor girl directions to wherever she's going? She's clearly lost.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Dominic White posted:

I don't know. Who'd I upset this time, and how?

you don't post in this thread much so no clue

I have to say that I'm laughing my rear end off at it just because it makes no sense. maybe the person thought you were someone else.

edit: girl's hair is really pretty :3:

Ranter posted:

That's what I heard

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I wasn't paying attention because of Dominic White's weird rear end red text and then I just hear this guy nonchalantly talk about buttplugs.

Cowman fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Jan 5, 2016

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

mangler103 posted:

Will someone give that poor girl directions to wherever she's going? She's clearly lost.

But what would twitch chat flip the gently caress out about if there wasn't a girl visible on stream?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I thought Ori was one of those wishy-washy ~*~art games~*~ that spent so much time on the visuals that they forgot about gameplay. Sounds like I was wrong.

Looking forward to fast indie games.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Your Computer posted:

I thought Ori was one of those wishy-washy ~*~art games~*~ that spent so much time on the visuals that they forgot about gameplay. Sounds like I was wrong.

I've heard nothing but good things about it that aren't just about the art.

now I kind of want to speedrun a game. I can't think of anything that would be new or interesting.

Cowman fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Jan 5, 2016

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Metroid sighting huh? Well, I did just pour this coffee...it will still be there tomorrow.

Sir Tonk posted:

But what would twitch chat flip the gently caress out about if there wasn't a girl visible on stream?

I'm more concerned that someone aware of their appearance has appeared on stream. Troubling...most troubling.

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Your Computer posted:

It's hard as balls, creative with the metroidvania stuff, and has a great story to boot. Play it!

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Oh no it's another race :ohdear:

Is this just going to be Awesome Games Raced Quick going forward?

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
drat, not gonna be able to see spelunky on account of my commute.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Oh god...that was the creepiest way I've ever heard someone say "joining us for moral support"

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Your Computer posted:

Oh no it's another race :ohdear:

Is this just going to be Awesome Games Raced Quick going forward?

Just look at only one of them

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

nerdbot posted:

Oh god...that was the creepiest way I've ever heard someone say "joining us for moral support"

Eh, couldn't be anywhere near what twitch, reddit, etc have already said about her in chat.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.
so this game has good art? how am I supposed to see it?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Jia posted:

Just look at only one of them

I think I need glasses, or possibly a bigger monitor because the screens are super tiny :( Especially for a visual-heavy game like this.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

mangler103 posted:

I'm more concerned that someone aware of their appearance has appeared on stream. Troubling...most troubling.

Are those leggings or tights? They seem sheer enough on camera that I hope she's wearing something over them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

TheMadMilkman posted:

Are those leggings or tights? They seem sheer enough on camera that I hope she's wearing something over them.

can't see that bitch either, screens are way too small

• Locked thread