Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Fister is pretty good, but there's no way to farm him and at 3 stars he's gonna run out of steam pretty quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

Chilichimp posted:

Would ya'll stop making GBS threads up this thread, please?

I got some free pseudo money from work that I used to redeem some itunes gift cards. After buying some Chromium packs, I now have a 3 star Kit Fisto, and I think I should work him into my arena lineup, need advice.

as of now:

3-star JC
3-star Lumi
4-star Chewie
3-star Luke
3-star Poe

Sorry for making GBS threads up the thread. I won't drag it out further.

I definitely wouldn't get rid of Luke for Kit. You'll kick yourself once your Sid is able to take over your team leadership. Not to mention that he's going to whiff like crazy against the army of Sidiouses that you're going to be up against when you get into the 50's.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Chilichimp posted:

Would ya'll stop making GBS threads up this thread, please?

I got some free pseudo money from work that I used to redeem some itunes gift cards. After buying some Chromium packs, I now have a 3 star Kit Fisto, and I think I should work him into my arena lineup, need advice.

as of now:

3-star JC
3-star Lumi
4-star Chewie
3-star Luke
3-star Poe

Like others have said, Kit is good but almost impossible for us non-whales to level up to 7. I still believe that they will rotate characters offered in Cantina/GW/Arena, so we can get Kit shards sometime, just not now.

Overall, though, out of those mentioned on your team, you'll want to replace Chewie first because you won't need two taunt (and Poe is better). JC/Lumi/Luke/Poe are all top notch characters and well worth leveling to 7 stars. You just need another DPS on that team.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Mooktastical posted:

Not to mention that he's going to whiff like crazy against the army of Sidiouses that you're going to be up against when you get into the 50's.

I realize it is pretty iconic, but it seems odd how shafted Jedi are.

GW chat: Force Quit maybe the best Jedi power, but it is definitely an exploit. On the other hand, I think retreating is pretty awesome since it encourages you to have a bigger bench and be flexible in your tactics. Maybe they could add a kind of timer that ensures you get at least a full round of combat on both sides before you are allowed to retreat.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Watched my sister open back to back Bronzium of kit followed by darth maul. Meanwhile I get my first character from Bronzium, JC right after I spent 100 energy on hard mode shards getting him to 6* since my cantina energy is all kylo Ren shards. FML

crazystray
Aug 7, 2005
Grow or die.
Throwing my Ally Code out there: 659-918-643

Adding a few of you from the list as well. All I have the basic Chewie as I'm only lvl 30.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

commish posted:

Like others have said, Kit is good but almost impossible for us non-whales to level up to 7. I still believe that they will rotate characters offered in Cantina/GW/Arena, so we can get Kit shards sometime, just not now.

Overall, though, out of those mentioned on your team, you'll want to replace Chewie first because you won't need two taunt (and Poe is better). JC/Lumi/Luke/Poe are all top notch characters and well worth leveling to 7 stars. You just need another DPS on that team.

I should have Sidious in a few days, so that pretty well rounds out the team.

I got a Darth Maul today as well, but he's going to run into the same problem as Kit. I'm going to level him anyway, because my dark side stable is loving ABYSMAL.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I just got Sid today, it took all of my 3* and 4* training droids and 120~ 2* to get him to 45. And 200k credits or so.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Just had an arena where the enemy Daka rezzed Sidious 4 times. 3 instantly when he died and the 4th when she healed the team. Lol.

Zotix fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Jan 5, 2016

Rubicon
Dec 16, 2005
Al bisogno si conosce l'amico

Mooktastical posted:

I definitely wouldn't get rid of Luke for Kit. You'll kick yourself once your Sid is able to take over your team leadership. Not to mention that he's going to whiff like crazy against the army of Sidiouses that you're going to be up against when you get into the 50's.

Listen to this man. Luke does great damage and is fairly easy to rank up. Had an arena Luke one shot my Sidious as the opening attack. I just stared at my phone for a couple seconds.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Rubicon posted:

Listen to this man. Luke does great damage and is fairly easy to rank up. Had an arena Luke one shot my Sidious as the opening attack. I just stared at my phone for a couple seconds.

It's not the same but I got a 4* kylo Ren with max skills doing 8k low health crits. I like to think of it as "I may be going down but I'm taking one of you fuckers with me". Bonus points for when he heals the next turn. (My team is Sid, Ren, Lum, Barriss, JC so lots of healing and heal prevention)

planedriver
Jun 2, 2013
How is Ima-Gun Di? I just opened a 4* in bronzium packs.

For reference I have:
4* Chewie
3* Talia / 3* Plo Koon
3* Poe
3* Jawa
2* JC

(I'll have Sidious in a few hours :aaa: )

How do All Jedi lineups do?

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
Ima-Gun Di is the guy I pick as an ally every time he comes up now (level 49), my team fills in all the other roles just fine so I don't need a Barriss or an extra damage dealer usually, what my team does love though is his +Defence for 2 turns while also dealing damage ability which really helps people live through the old 'Every single unit is going to shoot at resistance trooper before your healer gets a turn' garbage when taunt isn't up, as well as doing muuuch more damage than Barriss.

I run massive single target damage rather than 'Expose with Poe and then Jawa' so I don't know how great that move is, but I'd replace one of your tanks with him. If you choose to replace Poe you also then get the Sidious slot from the Jawa, otherwise I'd probably replace Talia

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

planedriver posted:

For reference I have:
4* Chewie
3* Talia / 3* Plo Koon
3* Poe
3* Jawa
2* JC

He's a good tank, hard to get shards.

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008
Replace Talia, but not with Ima Gun Di. You want more pure dps to round out your LS team, because it's generally overburdened with tanks and healers. Sidious eats all Jedi teams in pvp, and everyone uses him.

Keep your Poe, Jawa, and JC. Try to keep Chewie just leveled enough that he can reliably tank, but start looking to get rid of him in the mid to late 40's. If you want to add an LS, get either Luke or Resistance Trooper. You're going to end up with 2-4 healers on LS battles, especially if you make JC a priority, so tankiness only matters enough to keep them from being taken out before they can be healed.

Plus, there's a balance update coming after the level cap increase this month. That means the current meta is probably going to be flipped on it's head, so I'd hold off on leveling anyone that isn't already over used from scratch until you know what'll be good then.

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
Sup jerks. Just getting started with this, and liking it so far. My ally code is 783-223-753

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I can't recommend Luke enough. I never pulled any attackers from bronzium but at level 45 and only gear level 5 the dude regularly crits for 2k for me on his big stun attack which also does defense down, and his basic attack gives him ATB and causes continuous damage.

If you have anyone who grants attacks Luke can end up with a lot of turns. I end up running a Biggs because Luke and JC have really nice perks on their basic attack.

Right now my light side team is Luke/JC/Poe/Biggs and the last slot I tend to rotate between Plo and Chewie. Chewie is 4* and better geared and Plo doesn't do anything really special but the aoe defense boost is usually better at mitigating damage than Chewie and his 1 turn taunt. Sometimes I toss in Ewok Elder but he's way too hard to farm and has kinda bad stats for just a 2*. I am still a long ways off of Luminara so I don't really know what to do with that last slot until then.

In arena I am running Sid/Luke/JC/Poe/Biggs. I like Talia but she is so intensely stupid on defense. Ideally I'd like to replace Biggs with Resistance Trooper or Leia but I don't have either of them. I could actually replace Biggs with any character who grants a team up attack but he's the best one I have, any more easily farmable or better characters who do the same?

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
I oughta chime in, been at this for a few days in earnest now. I added a couple guys from around page 8 or so, thanks for letting me borrow your Sidiouses as I level :v: I'll probably try adding more folks eventually.

My ally code is 168-899-873, char name is Kel Kion. Currently Lv35 with a Chewie team lead. So far, haven't spent actual dollars, so yay.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Mile'ionaha posted:

I realize it is pretty iconic, but it seems odd how shafted Jedi are.

Jedi still have some of the best characters. The top teams on my server run Qui-Gon leader with Old Ben and Lumi. Old Ben gets his debuff off and you're basically hosed after that. Qui-Gon is still ridiculous after the nerf too. He does ridiculous damage damage with his assist ability, has a great leader skill and can remove a buff to give his team offense up. I'd be surprised if he doesn't eat another nerf.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

planedriver posted:

For reference I have:
4* Chewie
3* Talia / 3* Plo Koon
3* Poe
3* Jawa
2* JC

If/when they rotate GW/Arena shipments and some of the more offensive-minded Jedi are easier to get, AND Sid isn't as prevalent, I think Ima-led Jedi teams will pop up, right now though there's not enough good Jedi to take advantage of his Leader abilities, and without that he's a kinda-tanky, lackluster guy who's just there in parties.

rabid-squid posted:

In arena I am running Sid/Luke/JC/Poe/Biggs. I like Talia but she is so intensely stupid on defense. Ideally I'd like to replace Biggs with Resistance Trooper or Leia but I don't have either of them. I could actually replace Biggs with any character who grants a team up attack but he's the best one I have, any more easily farmable or better characters who do the same?

IG-86 is easy to get and hits like a truck, but is squishy and Jawas are starting to show up a lot more for some reason and nuke droids

oops wrong forum fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Jan 5, 2016

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Seriously someone suggest some stuff for my team. I want to try out weird poo poo instead of just stick with the meta. Except for dark side, I desperately need Old Daka.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

I'm never fighting another high ranked phasema team. loving bonus attacks out the rear end.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

rabidsquid posted:

Seriously someone suggest some stuff for my team. I want to try out weird poo poo instead of just stick with the meta. Except for dark side, I desperately need Old Daka.

I bought the Droid pack a couple weeks ago as a Christmas present to myself and the droids are fun to use together. 86, 88, and HK are all available in shipments, and I use them as my DPS team in GW with either Phasma Sid or Daka. They move quick and can drop a problem guy (sometimes 2 with crits) before retreating and letting my A-team come in and mop up.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
IG-86 loving owns.

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

If you know the words, you can join in too
He's bigger! faster! stronger too!
He's the newest member of the Jags O-Line crew!
I havent gotten squat from the Bronzium. Just a bunch of bullshit.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I actually pulled an IG-86 from a bronzium pack the other day and thought a droid team looked pretty cool. I was actually thinking about trying to put together a Poggle the Lesser team. He's pretty expensive though so I was afraid of wasting the shipments on him.

Munkaboo posted:

I havent gotten squat from the Bronzium. Just a bunch of bullshit.

I have pulled IG-86, Biggs, and Plo Koon. Plo seemed like he might be decent at first but his special damage is super garbage which makes his aoe do very little damage, and he doesn't stick the debuff on it much. He theoretically is a dispeller but he's a weird character that needs better stats or needs more clones in the game to make his aoe defense buff good. IG-86 is cool. Biggs is cool.

rabidsquid fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Jan 5, 2016

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

rabidsquid posted:

I actually pulled an IG-86 from a bronzium pack the other day and thought a droid team looked pretty cool. I was actually thinking about trying to put together a Poggle the Lesser team. He's pretty expensive though so I was afraid of wasting the shipments on him.

Poggle is ideal for missions/GW but don't bother trying anything like that for Arena, you'll put a big bullseye on yourself. The good thing is Sid's Crit bonus is perfect for the Droids, as is Phasma's extra attacks (she stacks with 86's assist), so you can disguise your team if you DO want to use them in arena.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Whee, pulled Barriss from the Bronzium stack. Good to know that my RNG luck from everything other game has funneled into here.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

TARDISman posted:

Whee, pulled Barriss from the Bronzium stack. Good to know that my RNG luck from everything other game has funneled into here.

Christ, best I've gotten is an Asokha

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I actually think Fives looks kind of interesting too and he would more or less be a straight upgrade to Biggs but I can't justify spending the shipments on him when I need Old Daka so much. Once I get her maybe I'll detour and pick him up. It won't slow me down THAT much I guess?

edit: It just feels like my Cantina shipments come so slowly, even with buying a recharge every day I am not getting 400 points that quickly.

stopgap1
Jul 27, 2013
I pulled a Luminera from a Bronzium pack. only 3 star and I DONT CARE!

I have Phasma, Luminera, Chewie (only 4 star) Resistance Fighter and Talia and I just tore through galactic war. first time full clear no deaths!

I did stall and use consular as a sub when things got tough.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies

rabidsquid posted:

I actually think Fives looks kind of interesting too and he would more or less be a straight upgrade to Biggs but I can't justify spending the shipments on him when I need Old Daka so much. Once I get her maybe I'll detour and pick him up. It won't slow me down THAT much I guess?

edit: It just feels like my Cantina shipments come so slowly, even with buying a recharge every day I am not getting 400 points that quickly.
As a heads up, I started on December 20th-ish when this thread had 2 pages and I've just unlocked Daka today. I'm level 49, having done everything each day that I could and using one 100gem cantina energy refill each day.

That's an idea of how long it takes to get Daka. There's no way I'm going to try and get her any more stars, Cantina shipments are garbage compared to GW or Arena.

Metos fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Jan 5, 2016

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Daka is amazing. I'll have mine at 6* tomorrow. I think she needs to be 6* or so to really get any use in PvP. Before that her survivability sucks. However her utility is absurd. The heal is mediocre, but the constantly rezzing of people is so strong. He attack stunning up to two people is really powerful when paired with a Phasma leader as well.

planedriver
Jun 2, 2013

rabidsquid posted:

I can't recommend Luke enough. I never pulled any attackers from bronzium but at level 45 and only gear level 5 the dude regularly crits for 2k for me on his big stun attack which also does defense down, and his basic attack gives him ATB and causes continuous damage.

If you have anyone who grants attacks Luke can end up with a lot of turns. I end up running a Biggs because Luke and JC have really nice perks on their basic attack.

How do you get Luke? I can only see a hard mission to gamble on

edit: I mean cantina

planedriver fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Jan 5, 2016

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies

planedriver posted:

Second mission of Cantina

planedriver
Jun 2, 2013

Metos posted:

Second mission of Cantina

Woops I meant cantina. Thanks!

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

planedriver posted:

edit: I mean cantina

It's quicker than you think, but you have to stall out of your Chewie/JC grind long enough to obtain him.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I would rather grind Luke than Chewie. JC is probably better to grind than Luke but that extra cost bugs me.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
Chewie levelled up has been an absolute beast for me, he's about to hit 6* and his damage is really poo poo but he lets everyone else do their job. I don't have Poe so he's my tank, and it lets me still shred 5-attacker teams in the arena when my squishies aren't dead.

I run resistance trooper in the slot that Luke would fit in, and I like trooper more from how often he attacks and incredible amounts of exposes easily makes up for the damage per hit being a tad lower. He's loving hard to grind though, hopefully the new patch fixes that, but he's still 20/25 2* because my luck with hard mode shards is garbage.

Metos fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Jan 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Oh yeah, if you don't have a Poe then Chewie is probably much more useful.

• Locked thread