Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

alcharagia posted:

sign me the gently caress up 👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good poo poo go౦ԁ poo poo👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌poo poo right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯 i say so 💯 thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good poo poo

:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

alcharagia posted:

sign me the gently caress up 👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good poo poo go౦ԁ poo poo👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌poo poo right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯 i say so 💯 thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good poo poo

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
*sees something good*

whew!!! glad i don't have to play that anymore!!!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

HOW CAN YOU NOT LOVE THIS

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

OH MY GOD

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I love the good poo poo meme, and also dumb vocal segments in games.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

does it actually overlay FAI-A-A EEEM-BU-REM in the original because it's amazing

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
the music was good but the cutscene was kind of bad

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Cake Attack posted:

does it actually overlay FAI-A-A EEEM-BU-REM in the original because it's amazing

I haven't had a chance to watch the video yet but that sounds like it could be from the operatic main theme for the FE6 commercial

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Looper posted:

the music was good but the cutscene was kind of bad

smh

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I really hope that scene is right before the final boss and the entire game is a leadup to singing a JPOP version of the main theme in order to let vocaloid Tiki turn into a dragon.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

AlphaKretin posted:

I haven't had a chance to watch the video yet but that sounds like it could be from the operatic main theme for the FE6 commercial
that was also used in the FE1 commercial

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

ok maybe I should buy a wii u after all because super saiyan god marth's musical number is too good for this world

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I am so glad that game exists

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

looking forward to the dubbed version

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I hope the rest of the game is dubbed and set in America but the songs remain Japanese

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Califirenia.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

That entire clip was beautiful. :allears:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Raserys posted:

I hope the rest of the game is dubbed and set in America but the songs remain Japanese

I do too because the alternative is likely really bad

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-2kf1VKM1U

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

all those 'hardcore' fans in the comments complaining but not recognizing the song or fe3 tiki

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

Yeah I have to agree with that. RD is the only game where I can easily just ditch my earlier bread and butter units for the powerful lategame joiners without shedding a tear. The constant switching and absurd army size makes it hard to get too attached to people.

e: It's still a good game though. Very good, even, just with bad aspects.

That's honestly one of my favourite parts about RD even if it comes hand-in-hand with its worst aspect of having terrible unit availability. It giving me more of a reason to use pre-premotes and late game units really helps it I think, and it made me more willing to give pre-premotes more of a chance in other games which is a good thing because many of them are great.

Also,

This loving owns.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yeah I actually like how rd swaps between different parties because it forces you to use a bunch of people that you wouldn't otherwise. they don't do a great job tho because some units just don't get the chance to shine

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
super saiyan marthchrom is hilarious but i'm not entirely sure they intended it to be, but i appreciate the confirmation of more party members.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Inflammatory posted:

super saiyan marthchrom is hilarious but i'm not entirely sure they intended it to be, but i appreciate the confirmation of more party members.

I didn't care about this game at all, but this scene is just amazing. Maybe its because it's 2 AM, but something about Super Cyan Marth belting out hot new pop singles with an idol army while flying around an acid trip is killing me.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

alcharagia posted:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Inflammatory posted:

All the party members were confirmed before release.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

By the way I just read up on how Fates is distributed

Forcing you to buy the special edition to get the conclusion chapter 3 weeks early is actually pretty brilliant

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Inflammatory posted:

super saiyan marthchrom is hilarious but i'm not entirely sure they intended it to be
japanese people have senses of humor

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

The Bee posted:

I didn't care about this game at all, but this scene is just amazing. Maybe its because it's 2 AM, but something about Super Cyan Marth belting out hot new pop singles with an idol army while flying around an acid trip is killing me.

Just watched it, and for me I didn't start giggling until the Fire Emblem main theme kicked in. Then it was hilarious.

Were there seriously folks in the video comments that didn't recognize that theme?!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Fire Emblem, tough simulation
When you'll begin playing it, you won't be able to sleep anymore

Although you should surpass your opponent, a critical hit !
When there's nothing more left, Life Staff, when you're in a hurry, Relife Staff

Both in attack and defense, don't press unwisely,
And don't let anyone die !!

When you'll begin playing it, you won't be able to sleep anymore

Put too much effort on powerful people,
And your warriors on the whole will only be novices

A tale of love and courage

Come and win bravely !

When things become dangerous, run like the wind !
Those who get cocky will put themselves in peril

Come and win bravely !

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I don't get why the Japanese term for completely unrealistic SRPGs is simulation. Then again what am I expecting, it's them using an English loan word.

E:VVV Fair enough. :shrug:

AlphaKretin fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Jan 5, 2016

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

AlphaKretin posted:

I don't get why the Japanese term for completely unrealistic SRPGs is simulation. Then again what am I expecting, it's them using an English loan word.
i dont get why the english term for turn-based, top-down RPGs is SRPG when a lot of them don't even involve strategy

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Endorph posted:

japanese people have senses of humor

sorry, i don't buy it.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Endorph posted:

i dont get why the english term for turn-based, top-down RPGs is SRPG when a lot of them don't even involve strategy

TRPG would have been a lot more appropriate for nearly all games in the genre, but most people just don't understand the difference between strategy and tactics (and logistics). :shrug:

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

voltcatfish posted:

By the way I just read up on how Fates is distributed

Forcing you to buy the special edition to get the conclusion chapter 3 weeks early is actually pretty brilliant

It's not s conclusion chapter. It's a third story path

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

is anyone selling those deluxe Fates packs for NA anymore or are those just plain done

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

MinibarMatchman posted:

is anyone selling those deluxe Fates packs for NA anymore or are those just plain done

you might somehow get lucky if you stop by your local Gamestop but other than that idk

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

This is extremely funny, but, also shows to me the game has AIDS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

mabels big day posted:

This is extremely funny, but, also shows to me the game has AIDS.
i disagree