Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Silver Falcon posted:

DLC is 6 bucks. All this time I thought it was more expensive for some reason... Anyway, I got it! I have jury duty tomorrow so that'll give me something to do!

I feel like Phoenix Wright and jury duty is a bad combination.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

In Training posted:

The puzzle pieces in Tropical Freeze are the most annoying platform collectibles I've seen since they're always just in random spots so you have to check everything if you want to get them all (which I did for the first game but not for the Wii U one)

It's a good thing neither of the Retro DKC games give a poo poo about the puzzle pieces for completion.

Silver Falcon posted:

DLC is 6 bucks. All this time I thought it was more expensive for some reason... Anyway, I got it! I have jury duty tomorrow so that'll give me something to do!

I don't think there's any way Capcom could get away with charging any more than that for the DLC. Regardless, enjoy the best case in the game!

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Pablo Gigante posted:

How long is Shantae and the Pirate's Curse on sale for?

Saoshyant posted:

In Europe? 'Til Wednesday night.

I almost picked that up, but I'm not an existing fan of the series so I let it pass. I want to try the original GBC one which you can play on the 3DS Virtual Console, and there was a DS one after that and then Pirate's Curse. I realise that it's kind of "apples and oranges", but I like to see how serieses (sp?) develop over time and technology upgrades. If I like the original GBC one then I might try the DS one. The first one is only $5 in NA, so if I don't care for it... well, I've spent more for less.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Augus posted:

That's weird, because I thought that getting all the star coins was noticeably easier than in the other games.

Huh, strange. I haven't had any problems getting all the collectibles in any other Mario I've played but NSMBU gave me the most trouble.

weird

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

god I hope the US eshop gets something, anything besides loving nsmbwii. please god Mario Rpg, loving zero mission, or muramasa, please

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It's good

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

It's really not a bad game at all guys.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Muramasa's not very good.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
I would buy NSMBWii again if they added some better control options. I have enormous hands (I can palm a basketball) and it hurts me to use that tiny Wiimote as a gamepad. I ended up emulating it on Dolphin despite owning the game so that I could use something more substantial. Also, I didn't have to shake the controller to spin jump or tilt it on those platforms - it was all emulated in Dolphin.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

JustJeff88 posted:

I almost picked that up, but I'm not an existing fan of the series so I let it pass. I want to try the original GBC one which you can play on the 3DS Virtual Console, and there was a DS one after that and then Pirate's Curse. I realise that it's kind of "apples and oranges", but I like to see how serieses (sp?) develop over time and technology upgrades. If I like the original GBC one then I might try the DS one. The first one is only $5 in NA, so if I don't care for it... well, I've spent more for less.

Eh, the GBC one is kind of not very good, it's sprawling with no real indication of where you're supposed to be going and enemies take way too many hits to kill, at the start at least.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

codenameFANGIO posted:

I feel like Phoenix Wright and jury duty is a bad combination.

I was playing through the Ace Attorney trilogy last time I had jury duty, too! :v: (Didn't get picked.)

Anyway, it got postponed until near the end of the month anyway. BOO. I am almost disappointed.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Your honor, i was under the impression this trial would take three days at most? It's obvious anyway that the prosecuting attorney did it, can I go home now?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
New Boxboy game!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dUwt-WsTPQ

Doug Dinsdale
Aug 31, 2003

Shorts
Comfy: {Yes}
Easy to Wear: {Yes}
Alright, we're good to go! :neckbeard:

gently caress, yeah! It's already out! Downloading right the f@ck now.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Houle posted:

I'd have to agree this game was simple, charming and kept me playing from start to finish (roughly 7 or so hours if you are going for all the side content). It's also an IP that has a lot of room to grow given the mechanics.

This post on the last page was oddly prophetic. Boxboy for Smash 5

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Doug Dinsdale posted:

gently caress, yeah! It's already out! Downloading right the f@ck now.

In America even? Let us know if you can change the box colors. It seems like the gimmick in this one is you can put out red and green boxes and have a storage counter for each? Cause gently caress me I'm red green colorblind, give me some people and yellow please.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

greatn posted:

Your honor, i was under the impression this trial would take three days at most? It's obvious anyway that the prosecuting attorney did it, can I go home now?

Your Honor, the Defense has clearly made five mistakes during this cross-examination, please just declare the defendant guilty already.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I don't know if you can change the colours but the defaults are green and a blue-green/teal colour which isn't great even for non-colourblind me.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

I'm excited about Boxboy 2, but I'm fuckin' stoked that I can now use the little currency diamonds to buy 4-panel Boxboy manga.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

I am now the owner of most glorious Japanese Rail Sim 3D for a whole 1€. That's worth it just for the novelty.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

That's a euro that could've gone towards A-Train which is actually good

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Saoshyant posted:

I am now the owner of most glorious Japanese Rail Sim 3D for a whole 1€. That's worth it just for the novelty.

I tried the demo of this, thinking it might be a fun sort of sightseeing app/game, but the low resolution and 10FPS kinda ruin it for me.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
NA dudes, your Wii U VC games for this week are Wild Gunman, Hogan's Alley and Adventures of Bayou Billy. Please don't buy any of them.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Not even Captain N can beat the second level of Bayou Billy, what chance do I have?

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I have a lot of information about Bayou Billy buried in my brain somewhere because it was one of the games in that Nintendo Power strategy guide that I read back to back 1000 times

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
It's kind of astonishing in retrospect how full of trash the NES' library was.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

I rented Bayou Billy for my birthday sleepover 25 years ago and I'm still pissed about it.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
We owned a video store back in the day and when we sold it in 1994 the new owner had no interest in video games so I had a substantial home library. Those three titles are ones I have no interest in ever seeing again, but because I remember the boxes clearly I think "maybe I should give them another try now that I'm not 10." Then I think about the actual games and do not give them any more tries.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Patter Song posted:

It's kind of astonishing in retrospect how full of trash the NES' library was.

Especially considering the "nintendo seal of quality" is touted as saving the game industry from the previous crash after atari and the -visions shat out tons of poo poo games.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

You know what I want? Ikari Warriors.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Zaphod42 posted:

Especially considering the "nintendo seal of quality" is touted as saving the game industry from the previous crash after atari and the -visions shat out tons of poo poo games.

The way I always heard it, it was an assurance that you were getting a functional game, not necessarily a good one.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

Wasn't that more of "this is not a scam" seal more than a "this game is good" seal?

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

Shwqa posted:

Wasn't that more of "this is not a scam" seal more than a "this game is good" seal?

I thought it was a "this company paid our licensing fee to publish this on our console" seal myself.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

NA dudes, your Wii U VC games for this week are Wild Gunman, Hogan's Alley and Adventures of Bayou Billy. Please don't buy any of them.

lol jesus christ

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I'm kind of curious what he decision process is behind Bayou Billy here. Like are they all snickering in emails at Nintendo hq, too?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I think its probably one of those games that weird man babies like to film themselves yelling at on youtube

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

fozzy fosbourne posted:

I'm kind of curious what he decision process is behind Bayou Billy here. Like are they all snickering in emails at Nintendo hq, too?

I'm guessing the discussion went something like:

"hey can we put Duck Hunt on VC?"
"we're not adding lightgun support to our emulator for one game"
"okay we'll release all this other garbage too"

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Release To The Earth and Baby Boomer, Nintendo

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
At least if the idea that the NX will be able to use the Wii U virtual console stuff has any basis, dumping all of this poo poo out will have some merit. The next console wouldn't have to deal with a slow-drip of NES garbage.

Part of me is curious about Earthbound Beginnings, just for completion's sake, but that one is $8 and that just...rubs me the wrong way.

If we're dumping the NES library on here, I'd appreciate it if Square Enix got off its rear end...not for the old Final Fantasies, but for the old Dragon Warrior Quests. I'd love to play Dragon Warrior III and now that the Android version has apparently been taken down before I could buy it and they never put the GBC version on the 3DS VC, I'm kind of low on legitimate ways to acquire that game.

It's been pointed out that if the GBC Dragon Warrior I-II and III were put on 3DS E-Shop the 3DS would soon be able to play Dragon Quests 1-11 natively, but the 3DS Virtual Console seems to be dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Mother 1 is a terrible game to play. And I have an earthbound avatar.