Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
standard.deviant
May 17, 2012

Globally Indigent

Molybdenum posted:

there's always ghost quarter. Pop their karoo with the untap and bounce triggers on the stack
Two problems there: it's an on-board solution so they know it's coming, and all it does is put you down a ghost quarter and them down a karoo, so they could just do it again the next turn and you're in the same position.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

:captainpop:
They have learned nothing. Nothing.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
So, remember me posting about Scapeshift and Serra's Sanctum yesterday?

:stare: :stare: :stare:

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

kizudarake posted:

My question is: are they really that likely to kill Amulet Bloom this time, or is it people just grousing about combos?

They just reprinted a bunch of amulet bloom pieces in MM2015, in the bounce lands and the Primeval Titans, and it's obviously not super overpowered, as it's only 5 percent of the field for all of 2015, only 5 percent for the last two months, and isn't being adopted by large swaths of the player base.

It's a good deck, yeah, but it's not the most oppressive deck. You can't just give copies to 8 people and send them out to win 8 tournaments without a shitload of practice.

My thought on it is like this.

1. the Development side of R&D are pro players. They trust them to judge/fix power level of the game.

2. Multiple experienced pro's who have played the game for some time, many of whom have either acknowledge job offers for R&D (LSV) or probably have been offered one, have said the deck is to good.

That isn't the most solid basis in the world to expect a ban, but it makes sense to me. The deck isn't rampant because it isn't as easy to play as some other stuff. Sequencing and triggers and decisions on what to tutor for give it multiple points where a player can screw it up. If you make all the right decisions the deck is gross.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I am very down with flying Swiftspear.

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C

AlternateNu posted:

Tron is on the rise and I believe scapeshift has a pretty good tron matchup, right?

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I want to live the BW Vampallies limited dream

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Irony Be My Shield posted:

I am very down with flying Swiftspear.

UR Aggro, can it be real?

Can we get there?

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
The tiny little knife Furiosa there has got seems appropriate given the only equipment we've seen so far is Bone Saw.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

There's also Stoneforge Masterwork at rare.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

dragon enthusiast posted:

I want to live the BW Vampallies limited dream

I hope they synergize with Innistrad vampires into something constructed playable.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

There's also Stoneforge Masterwork at rare.

Very quickly I read that as mystic

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Count Bleck posted:

UR Aggro, can it be real?

Can we get there?

I would absolutely love a UR tempo/aggro deck

maybe an even lower to the ground jeskai tempo/prowess deck featuring mentor/new man o' war/mantis rider as highest CMC creatures

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I'm hopeful that more of the archetypes are actually playable this time around. A card like Baloth Null would have gone a long way toward making the BG sacrifice deck actually playable in BFZ.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
BG needed more decent commons to actually build the meat of the deck. I'm just hoping green gets there for limited, but we've only seen a few commons so far.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Molybdenum posted:

Tron is on the rise and I believe scapeshift has a pretty good tron matchup, right?
It's extremely good when I last tried it.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

AlternateNu posted:

How do you think the price memory will hold on the serra's sanctum in particular? I got my other three over the last few months for under $30 and put off getting the last one when they went up over 30, now the cheapest one anywhere is CFB at $40. I'm tempted to buy it in case they correct the price to match the market but I don't exactly need it immediately.

Eh nevermind the $40 is hp, sp is $45 and $50 for NM.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

The Real Foogla posted:

Weaons Trainer looks cyberpunk as heck. Wait no, dungeonpunk. Also where is he standing, what are those clouds doing.

I think those clouds are just the artist not wanting to bother drawing a background.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Hellsau posted:

I think those clouds are just the artist not wanting to bother drawing a background.

This is gonna be like sovereigns of the lost all over again.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

quote:

Inverter of Truth

{2}{B}{B} Creature - Eldrazi

Devoid, Flying

When Inverter of Truth enters the battlefield, exile all cards from your library face down, then shuffle all cards from your graveyard into your library.

6/6

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Logicblade posted:

BG needed more decent commons to actually build the meat of the deck. I'm just hoping green gets there for limited, but we've only seen a few commons so far.

Obviously too soon to say anything yet. The single green common we've seen so far is a good one though:

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Inverter of Truth

{2}{B}{B} Creature - Eldrazi

Devoid, Flying

When Inverter of Truth enters the battlefield, exile all cards from your library face down, then shuffle all cards from your graveyard into your library.

6/6

:staredog:

Holy poo poo I love this.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Well that's a super cool and interesting card that's never going anywhere as long as Relic of Progenitus exists. I mean unless the combo is Lab Maniac or something.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

this is a weird as hell card but I like it

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

For a second I thought that this was incredible in limited but now I'm not even sure if it is playable. It gets absolutely wrecked by bounce...

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

Is this new? I don't recognize it.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

If only the tokens were Allies. :negative:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

This is the worst loving flavour text jfc

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

TheKingofSprings posted:

This is the worst loving flavour text jfc

Flavor on the card makes no sense either. You'd presume a vampire makes things by like, eating someone, but the ally isn't consumed.

Does she like pull out a rib/arm/leg from the other ally and alchemize a zombie out of that or something.

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me

Hellsau posted:

Seriously that is some bad art. Vague nonsensical clouds to obscure the lack of background, nothing really interesting about the focus of the piece, plus it's a Weapons Trainer with the single weapon depicted being smaller than a butter knife.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

the flavor text on this is so bad it wraps around to good

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

mandatory lesbian posted:

lol this is our Searing Spear for the coming Standard.

I can't decide if I'm relieved or disappointed that the flavour texts don't all combine to make the text of a single cheesy Oath.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
oh and i guess sorcery speed lightning strike that can't hit players is what red gets now at rare

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

There is going to be some silliness involved with this card in some format. That effect is hella unique.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

mandatory lesbian posted:

So this is how they make red walkers playable

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

The rare slot sure does have some great stuff that I will inevitably get every time I open a pack.

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe
the ETB is okay, but lolll that is the worst loving planeswalker trigger

even if you manage to play two planeswalkers (!) you only get one ping

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Lancelot posted:

the ETB is okay, but lolll that is the worst loving planeswalker trigger

even if you manage to play two planeswalkers (!) you only get one ping

Are you misreading the card or am I? That trigger seems really good to me.

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

The rare slot sure does have some great stuff that I will inevitably get every time I open a pack.

I've never seen a card that looked so fake before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

This is gonna be so cool in the one game my deck manages to assemble the combo

• Locked thread