Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roy Gato III
Jun 2, 2013
I did not have the faintest idea what was going on for Necrodancer but it looked suitably impressive. Points off for leaving his other couch companion hanging on the hug.

Also that poor couch. :sweatdrop:

Roy Gato III fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Jan 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Breakerdash: milleniums ago? Really? You put yet ANOTHER token 'gamer-girl' out there, and it's another muppet? Just stop.

token gamer girls and their grammar errors smh

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
i can't do anything in cotn, like i die on the first-third floor every time. i'm not good with rhythm :| that was insane

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
Dr Chops looks like he wants to die.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Perfect then, he's going to be doing that a lot in this game. :v:

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

Dr Chops looks like he wants to die.

That's what he'll be doing most of the run, yeah.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Roy Gato III posted:

I did not have the faintest idea what was going on for Necrodancer but it looked suitably impressive. Points off for leaving his other couch companion hanging on the hug.

Also lol that poor couch.

Dude was playing a hybrid character that was forced to play at double tempo, can only use the starting weapon, dies when you touch gold, and dies in one hit (barring equipment). It's the most ridiculously hard thing you can do in an already really tough game, the developers thought it was near-impossible (if not actually impossible), and as it turns out there's only about ten people who've ever even cleared it. It's one of the tensest speedruns I've ever seen and I can only imagine how nerve wracking it was for the actual runner.

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

David Byrne - Like Humans Do (Radio Edit).mp3
Smart of them to switch to a single screen. No need to have both screens for a LAN multiplayer game with no lag.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
It's Binding of Isaac Rebirth The Lost, except you can't pick up any drops, you're playing the Speed challenge and if you ever stop moving you DIE.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

androo posted:

Smart of them to switch to a single screen. No need to have both screens for a LAN multiplayer game with no lag.

I was wondering if they were going to split up for tricks but apparently not significantly enough to keep both screens up.

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost
Those couch boys look comfy

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
this is a fun little game

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dias posted:

It's Binding of Isaac Rebirth The Lost, except you can't pick up any drops, you're playing the Speed challenge and if you ever stop moving you DIE.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Gee this game sure plays differently with two people. :v:

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Dias posted:

Eh, it's dfferent because in BoI in rebirth there was specific setups that made lost runs literally impossible to complete, like certain rooms that made damage completely unavoidable

all enemies have predictable AI and cycles in crypt so it's always doable to do a coda run, just requires such high execution that it's near-impossible

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
are these scripted, forced snippets of banter doing it for anyone?

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

The banter isn't loving awkwardly p(l)aced so yeah, I'm okay with it.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ranter posted:

lol?

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
This game looks pretty cool to speedrun in coop but the commentary style of "Oh i don't feel like playing right now so i'm going to die. SIKE! That's what you're meant to do!" is the worst.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

CJ posted:

This game looks pretty cool to speedrun in coop but the commentary style of "Oh i don't feel like playing right now so i'm going to die. SIKE! That's what you're meant to do!" is the worst.

anyone want sushi? *crickets* I made sushi for everyone! *more crickets*

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

"I'm gonna die, oh wait that was my plan" is the new "This boss is really hard guys"

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
The forced banter is hilarious because neither of them have charisma to pull it off so it's like watching b-movie acting. I'm totally okay with that because I love terrible films.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

Ranter posted:

It has the tone of NPR's Delicious Dish sometimes.

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost

Ranter posted:

Teh pink bunnay of doom >:]

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Their "funny" "banter" is so painful...

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I don't think they're that bad honestly, at least they're trying to lighten the mood and it's at worst inoffensively bad

i guess my perspective is all out of whack since unless it's the tomba 2 couch guy or crash 2 runner i don't think commentary can be that bad. i mean, i'm watching nerds play video games on the internet shouldn't bad jokes be like, expected

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

When they're explaining the tricks without resorting to 'cutesy' they do a decent job of it. They aren't mumbling or talking at too low a volume to hear.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Dias posted:

When you frame it that way my only reaction is raw hysterical sustained screaming, so, thanks

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I like them

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Sage Grimm posted:

When they're explaining the tricks without resorting to 'cutesy' they do a decent job of it. They aren't mumbling or talking at too low a volume to hear.

"You know what, I think I'm going to jump in the LAVA!"

"OMG no! Why?!"

You don't like this?

Toxxupation posted:

i mean, i'm watching nerds play video games on the internet shouldn't bad jokes be like, expected

And as another fat nerd on the internet watching nerds play video games, I reserve my right to mock them anonymously.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
This is way better than dead air tho.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Ranter posted:

Nerds are the worst.

I was going to go get sushi for lunch but forget it now.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Erata posted:

This is way better than dead air tho.

We could also avoid dead air with a fart machine hooked up to a loud speaker.

Actually I'd prefer that.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Ranter posted:

:geno::"You know what, I think I'm going to jump in the LAVA!"

:geno::"OMG no! Why?!"

You don't like this?

Fixed that up a bit.

While none of it is good, I think a big part of the problem is that it's so rehearsed and forced with completely flat delivery that makes it worse.

But I'll agree that on the scale of GDQ commentary they're "weak" rather than "I hope the stream crashes".

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

Crain posted:

We could also avoid dead air with a fart machine hooked up to a loud speaker.

Actually I'd prefer that.

You got a point. I would be more entertained by the idea of them broadcasting 30 estimated minutes of farts to over 100,000 viewers. :D

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

I thought their ineptness was endearing.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

It wasn't necessarily bad banter, but it was completely forgettable to the point where I actually got work done during the segment. You really need to have some charisma if you're gonna try and quip your way through your run.

I guess it doesn't help that there's like ten people in the audience right now.

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost
Spent most of that stream hoping I would need to take a poo poo

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Roflan posted:

I thought their ineptness was endearing.

Yeah, and the run was really impressive, even though it was one of those "let's skip 90% of the game" type runs. Temple of Osiris is a really great game to play, and I am not suprised in the slightest to see how broken this was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Good lord, straighten your back nerd! You're on TV, stop slumping!

• Locked thread