Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
EA UFC 2 has gotten a proper trailer and some release details:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m97UWd2QuAI

Release date is March 15, pre-order bonus is "day one access" to Bas Rutten, Sakuraba and a third unannounced fighter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

IllegallySober posted:

Came across Supercard and will send a request to the goon group. Any good guides to get going in the early game? The help function isn't really helpful.

Edit: or not, the group is full :(

AlmightyPants posted:

Sorry, we're full up at the moment.

I haven't played in weeks, if you wanna drop my spot to give it to him. If I need to leave, just let me know and I'll drop out.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The Kins posted:

EA UFC 2 has gotten a proper trailer and some release details:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m97UWd2QuAI

Release date is March 15, pre-order bonus is "day one access" to Bas Rutten, Sakuraba and a third unannounced fighter.

Pulling for EA to make full use of the Star Wars license and make the third fighter Darth Vader.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

AlmightyPants posted:

Sorry, we're full up at the moment.

You can cut me too, I gave up on the game a week or so ago and forgot to quit the group first.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Pulling for EA to make full use of the Star Wars license and make the third fighter Darth Vader UFC Flyweight Champion Yoda.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Pulling for EA to make full use of the Star Wars license and make the third fighter Darth Vader Chewbacca.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I liked UFC EA 1, and Bas and Saku will probably tip me over to preordering EA 2. It's me, I'm the problem.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

IllegallySober posted:

Came across Supercard and will send a request to the goon group. Any good guides to get going in the early game? The help function isn't really helpful.

Edit: or not, the group is full :(

Play a lot, grind the People's Championship weekend events and make sure you log-in each day in order to get higher tier cards. Do King of the Ring as much as possible to try and get better cards. Always level your cards up fully and apply tokens before combining them.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

cyberia posted:

Play a lot, grind the People's Championship weekend events and make sure you log-in each day in order to get higher tier cards. Do King of the Ring as much as possible to try and get better cards. Always level your cards up fully and apply tokens before combining them.

Cool, I'll keep working away at that then. Thank you for the tips :)

gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006
Is there a release date for the showcase DLC? The one with the Harlem Heat and Alundra Blaze showcases?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

projecthalaxy posted:

I liked UFC EA 1, and Bas and Saku will probably tip me over to preordering EA 2. It's me, I'm the problem.

Bring Back Pride Mode. That was the best part of UFC Undisputed 3.

MisterGBH
Dec 6, 2010

Eric Bischoff is full of shit

gypsyshred posted:

Is there a release date for the showcase DLC? The one with the Harlem Heat and Alundra Blaze showcases?

If last year is anything to go by that will be the last DLC released. I would expect the NXT pack at the end of the month first.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

gently caress me i would actually buy a UFC game if it had chewbacca in it

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

gypsyshred posted:

Have 2K ever confirmed that you could play as those wrestlers outside the showcase?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Davros1 posted:

Have 2K ever confirmed that you could play as those wrestlers outside the showcase?

God that would be so dumb, limiting them to the Showcase mode.

I stopped paying attention and missed a QTE prompt in the WM XV match. After failing that, Rock became an unstoppable machine, destroying me so I couldn't win.

I'm not looking forward to going through all those cutscenes again.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Davros1 posted:

No they haven't. From my understanding showcase characters were playable in 2k15, but there is no indication that this will be the case for this year. If they do, it's a lot of characters for $9.99. You'd get the Bushwackers, the Natural Disasters, Hall, Arn, Zbysko, a wolfpac skin for Nash, Stevie Ray, a Harlem Heat skin for Booker, Alundra Blayze, Tatsunani Fujinami, Dustin Rhodes, and alt. skins for Savage, Flair, and Roberts. I'm skeptical they'd give that much content for that price, especially when other character packs include way less for $8.99.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
Why does anyone think those characters are unusable outside of showcase mode when as far as I can remember 2k has never done that?

MisterGBH
Dec 6, 2010

Eric Bischoff is full of shit
I think Nash, Flair, Roberts and Savage will all be unique characters. Remember last year? Unnecessary duplicates left right and centre.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Honestly Roberts and Flair wouldn't be unnecessary duplicates. The in-game Roberts model is his chubby mid-90s appearance and Flair's is from his evolution days, aka old as poo poo.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

MisterGBH posted:

I think Nash, Flair, Roberts and Savage will all be unique characters. Remember last year? Unnecessary duplicates left right and centre.

Good, maybe retro Flair will have his real music.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

Gaz-L posted:

Good, maybe retro Flair will have his real music.

I don't understand why WWE is so inconsistent on Flair's theme in video games.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

if ea ufc 2 has a pride mode at least as good as UFC Undisputed 3, i will probably plunk down a hundo for it

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Muddy Burphy posted:

Why does anyone think those characters are unusable outside of showcase mode when as far as I can remember 2k has never done that?

Last year Sid was playable as a guest referee.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Davros1 posted:

Yeah you could make a CAW of him though.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Davros1 posted:

Last year he was announced ahead of time as non-playable character.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Finally got 2k16 and it's pretty fun. My favorite part is still getting a bunch of CAWs and simulating Royal Rumbles. I am upset that you can't have a Divas Royal Rumble even if you have enough characters.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Muddy Burphy posted:

I don't understand why WWE is so inconsistent on Flair's theme in video games.

Because they probably need to licence Also Sprach Zarathustra if they use it, and it's a real song, not an in-house soundalike like his 90s WWE song.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Isn't that music public domain? Anyone can use it.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

The music is, the performances however, not necessarily.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Liar Lyre posted:

Finally got 2k16 and it's pretty fun. My favorite part is still getting a bunch of CAWs and simulating Royal Rumbles. I am upset that you can't have a Divas Royal Rumble even if you have enough characters.

they still don't have a women's career mode. So lame.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

remusclaw posted:

The music is, the performances however, not necessarily.

Great thing they spent all that money on that Sting orchestra last year.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Don't Edge and Christian have that show? Just give them kazoos, let them go wild.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

coconono posted:

they still don't have a women's career mode. So lame.
Painstaking realism

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

St Evan Echoes posted:

Painstaking realism

I can't for WWE 2k17's Showcase mode featuring Team PCB vs Team BAD vs Team Bella

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

minoru suzuki posted:

if ea ufc 2 has a pride mode at least as good as UFC Undisputed 3, i will probably plunk down a hundo for it

I wonder if Undisputed 3 is going to end up being the No Mercy of MMA games

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Undisputed 3 never deleted my save for no reason, but it did let me kick Stefan Struve in the head. Much better than No Mercy, in my book.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

If this new UFC has an IV Ban mode that allows you to make catchweight fights, it'll be the No Mercy of MMA games.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

IllegallySober posted:

Cool, I'll keep working away at that then. Thank you for the tips :)

Here's a better tip: uninstall it because it's terrible and barely a game.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

flashy_mcflash posted:

If this new UFC has an IV Ban mode that allows you to make catchweight fights, it'll be the No Mercy of MMA games.

Undisputed 3 already had this in Pride mode, it was p cool having Mighty Mouse style all over Nick Diaz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Muddy Burphy posted:

I can't for WWE 2k17's Showcase mode featuring Team PCB vs Team BAD vs Team Bella

Imagine the MRA butthurt if next year's game was women-themed.