Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
There's no shortage of crocodile tears in cartoons, but Mike Lester's concern for the plight of the poor already-immigrated Syrians having to watch more Syrians being admitted into the US is spectacularly cheeky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

There's no shortage of crocodile tears in cartoons, but Mike Lester's concern for the plight of the poor already-immigrated Syrians having to watch more Syrians being admitted into the US is spectacularly cheeky.

Well, the list of things that they apparently think are ruined by other people having them too already includes money, college education, and marriage; in that context it's actually not that much of a stretch for them to think the same thing about American residency

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Mike Lester is a drat ninja of the crocodile tears arts.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Why does the fill tool vex cartoonists so?

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy
Between voter ID laws and the narrative of immigrants all voting democrat, it feels like the GOP spends a significant amount of their time pulling their hair out wracking their brain for a reason why they don't always win all the time.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

dijon du jour posted:

Between voter ID laws and the narrative of immigrants all voting democrat, it feels like the GOP spends a significant amount of their time pulling their hair out wracking their brain for a reason why they don't always win all the time.
Uninformed low-info white voters! :argh:

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

Most people on Twitter are calling them Y'all Qaeda, for what its worth

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

dijon du jour posted:

Were you paying attention in 2012? Because voter suppression best-practices became a serious issue among the right-wing for a while after Romney lost. Also stuff like weighing districts' voting strength based on the amount of land they cover (which is of course inversely proportional to population density) etc etc etc

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Mister Beeg posted:

Most people on Twitter are calling them Y'all Qaeda, for what its worth

It's a good name.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

D.N. Nation posted:

Does he not understand the concept of stereotypes or what?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

You've got to love that the very first "positive" example is the Native American equivalent to the n-word.

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!

Geostomp posted:

I bet he'd get super offended by this, though.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Geostomp posted:

He understands exactly as much as is necessary for him to make his current desired argument

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Uh, the people who want alot of those names changed the most are the Native Americans themselves who find them offensive. That cartoon is completely ridiculous, I mean redskin is just a straight up racial slur.

Edit: Might as well post this Onion article.

Axetrain fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Jan 5, 2016

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Lester seems clever enough that I'm pretty sure he knows exactly what he's doing with these cartoons: soothing racist wingnut readers that they aren't actually racist, and giving them some hottakes.jpg to use on their Facebook wall.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

D.N. Nation posted:

Hahahahaha holy poo poo this is one of the dumbest comics ever featured in these threads.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

OldTennisCourt posted:

Hahahahaha holy poo poo this is one of the dumbest comics ever featured in these threads.

Why do liberals hate natives so much that they want to stop throwing an ethnic slur for them around?

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Political Cartoons: Good Thing Bad

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Calico Heart posted:

Political Cartoons: Good Thing Bad

Was it always like this?

I can't really tell from older cartoons, but it seems like outright reality-denial-as-party-line seems to be a recent thing. Did I just grow up?

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

D.N. Nation posted:

If Kelly had drawn this I would have chuckled and thought how outrageous it would be if someone sincerely thought this. Mike Lester is a fucker.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

ikanreed posted:

Was it always like this?

I can't really tell from older cartoons, but it seems like outright reality-denial-as-party-line seems to be a recent thing. Did I just grow up?

I think it's legitimately worse than it used to be. You'll notice there's much less reality denial coming from the left.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

OldTennisCourt posted:

One of the main inspirations for my tireless crusade to include "what the loving hell are you even trying to say here, seriously", aka "comic that completely falls apart the moment you put an ounce of thought into the metaphor / message beyond 'the other side is bad'" as a category for the Gay Abortion Awards.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

quote:

The aide said that guys like me were "in what we call the reality-based community," which he defined as people who "believe that solutions emerge from your judicious study of discernible reality." ... "That's not the way the world really works anymore," he continued. "We're an empire now, and when we act, we create our own reality. And while you're studying that reality—judiciously, as you will—we'll act again, creating other new realities, which you can study too, and that's how things will sort out. We're history's actors…and you, all of you, will be left to just study what we do."

("the aide" = Karl Rove)

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I personaly like the Sardinia flag with 4 severed head of islamics guys.

Something about some Aragorn king killing muslim invaders and having a after-trough "you know that, this would be a cool flag".

And the mozambique flag, with a motherfucking AK-47 in it.

Usually you see things like blades, muskets and pikes, but this guys have a ak-47

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Gallery_of_flags_with_weapons

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Lemming posted:

I think it's legitimately worse than it used to be. You'll notice there's much less reality denial coming from the left.

Well, I mean, I agree with the left, by and large. I'm not sure I'd recognize my own reality denial if it happened.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Ramirez's anger that the 2008 recession was the fault of anyone but the government is now in color.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

What does the water represent?

DEBT

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

D.N. Nation posted:

I freely use the n-word because that's how unracist I am.

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
:siren: IT'S MONDAY TUESDAY :siren:

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

zoux posted:

I freely use the n-word because that's how unracist I am.

If anyone tells you not to, they're just trying to erase black american culture :mad:

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

beepsandboops posted:

Silly Kelly, Nestle is a Swiss company!

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Rorus Raz posted:

Ramirez's anger that the 2008 recession was the fault of anyone but the government is now in color.

THE true story. Not like that dumb book and movie. THIS is the correct one. Suck it, Michael Lewis; Michael Ramirez is on the case!

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

Can't wait for the flowering of the "weeping Obama" meme in the next few days.

Not My Leg
Nov 6, 2002

AYN RAND AKBAR!

Rorus Raz posted:

Erin Bonsteel - Young, crazy, and conservative, her artwork indicates a seething hatred for the whole world.
Anger

Bonsteel can probably go on the no longer cartooning list. She hasn't produced anything in more than a year and antiantiunderground.com has been offline for about that long (well, not offline, it's some kind of Japanese language website now). In fact, it looks like she has taken down everywhere that she hosted her cartoons. She was young and never did cartooning as a job, so she probably just decided to bury it completely it and move on.

Cousin Itt is male and uses male pronouns.

Not My Leg fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Jan 5, 2016

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

She got married, as I recall. I like to think she stopped cartooning because now she's happy and settled in her life. Or at the very least she now has a husband on whom to take out her misanthropy.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

Hitler B. Natural posted:

She got married, as I recall. I like to think she stopped cartooning because now she's happy and settled in her life. Or at the very least she now has a husband on whom to take out her misanthropy.

Or the spirit of hate that used her as an avatar shed her and merged with a spirit of vindictiveness and they are now amalgamating into a horrible elder being, creating horrible offspring, spreading their seed into innocent human beings.

Happy New Year, everybody!

Tei posted:

I personaly like the Sardinia flag with 4 severed head of islamics guys.

Something about some Aragorn king killing muslim invaders and having a after-trough "you know that, this would be a cool flag".

Corsica also uses the Moor's head, but they moved the bandanna off the head's eyes to represent their liberation. Apparently Sardinia does the same. An African Unification group uses it too. Moor Information Here. :downsrim:

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

beepsandboops posted:

My favorite part of this is he's looking at the boob instead of the audience.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

They've recruited Cathy Guisewite!! Is nothing sacred?

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014

Rorus Raz posted:

Adam Zyglis - Talented liberal cartoonist who has recently expanded into color. There's something refreshingly honest to his cartoons, in my opinion.
Buffalo News

I'd probably throw into the OP that Zyglis won last year's Pulitzer.

New Bors:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Faustian Bargain posted:

My favorite part of this is he's looking at the boob instead of the audience.

My favorite part is that it's Monica Lewinsky for some reason.

• Locked thread