Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Pick posted:

That's a good point, and also Allen Gregory, the title character, was horrifically cruel to both, which just didn't work. (Oh, and as noted, it ends on the nice teacher being raped with no associated comedy aside from what you personally ascribe to any given rape.) So you'd have this "super rich super smart" boy terrorizing two decent people while the show did not seem to acknowledge it in any way. The man who got coerced into a gay marriage and given AIDS was usually pretty nice too.

i would argue that the guy that got coerced into a gay marriage and given AIDS wasn't a decent person, because he left his wife & kids behind basically just for money. he was nicer than most of the people on the show, but not "nice" in the way that julie or his teacher were.

amityville anus posted:

It doesn't fit being the worst for quality but

Titus was a mess that frequently touched(pun TBD) on controversial topics such as domestic abuse, rape, molesting, suicide, and homophobia, costarring grown-up Scut Farkus as the younger brother. There's a good writeup on wiki regarding the episodes that were banned/censored for being too edgy. It wasn't bad quality but the worst choices were made during production of the show leading to an early grave. It wasn't the choice to do a terrorism episode just months after 9/11 that killed the show but it didn't help its case.

not only was titus a great show, the red-haired brother was super hot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Inzombiac posted:

The Magic Hour

The Magic Hour gave us some of the greatest bits on the Howard Stern show.

ShaqDiesel
Mar 21, 2013
I wouldn't call "The Leftovers" the worst but god it can be loving Lindeloffish.

Jerry Steinfeld
Dec 25, 2012

Dennis how could you

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Homer J. Fong posted:

Did anyone ever watch Lil Bush? There is no way that wasn't terrible, right?

made me laugh

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine
I saw all four episodes of Capitol Critters and all I really remember was that mice got killed in three of the four and it was kind of a downer.

It was that early '90s period when networks saw the Simpsons' success and started barfing up animated shows hoping they'd be a similar hit. I remember Fish Police being the most famous bomb of these wannabes, but I never saw it.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

notZaar posted:

For my money it's 12 oz. Mouse.
Adult Swim commissioned a lot of lovely low effort shows, but that one was the worst one.

it had a bizarre sense of continuity and pacing that was interesting but would never go as far as to say good. also the bad art was funny

dr who is worse and lower effort than 12 oz mouse

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

ShaqDiesel posted:

I wouldn't call "The Leftovers" the worst but god it can be loving Lindeloffish.

This year it bascially turned into Lost, in a good way

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS

Thursday Next posted:

Transparent. Couldn't make it through the first season. All of the characters are loving terrible, and I can't believe the show is highly rated. Also, I get that it's supposed to be "real" or "raw" or whatever other loving term Hollywood screams in casting, but the actors playing the three kids are just hideously ugly. They look okay in other pictures, but that show seems to want to make them look foul. No, I don't think the balding scrawny guy with a homeless beard and sweatervests would be able to pick up a different underwear model every night.

I only made it halfway through the second episode before realizing that I was actively rooting for the violent deaths of every character except Tambor.

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Anyone remember the Michael Richards Show? After Seinfeld they started airing ads for a pretty passable-looking single-camera show basically about Kramer as a private eye. Then at the last minute they retooled it into a limp-wristed conventional laugh-track sitcom that lasted like five episodes.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
i don't remember that, but i DO remember the paul reiser show, which lasted for two episodes.

speaking of two episode shows, does anyone remember work it, the show about transvestites that managed to offend literally everybody?

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Scandal

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet
MASH is cool and good but the later seasons got progressively more poo poo and the final episode is completely unwatchable

the correct answer to worst show ever is Big Bang Theory (I haven't seen Allen Gregory though so that may outrank it)

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

There is some show where a deaf girl gets switched at birth or something and it is loving garbage.

edit: I guess it is called Switched at Birth, I feel like Homer Simpson.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Pvt.Scott posted:

E: maybe part of the problem, is that I GM tabletop RPGs and also sometimes write lovely fiction, so I know when writers are stalling for time, scrabbling for ideas, and dealing with unexpected turns because I do that on a regular basis?

For different reasons I started looking at them more technically and once you've seen behind the curtain, you can't look back.

Though sometimes the depths of their stupidity still surprises me. People brought up TWD as being a gauge for stupidity, but it was mostly enjoyable stupidity, but man it's gotten terrible. There was one good episode this last season that was followed with increasingly levels of disappointment. I bring it up only because the pacing/framing/everything about the last episode started making me mostly just get frustrated with how paid professionals could be that incompetent at basic concepts.

ED: Also the dumbest fake-out death in all of television history.

ED2: If anyone has that video laying around of why Walking Dead went to such loving horseshit (AMC are assholes) it's always amusing if you've never seen it. Basically they fired the showrunners, slashed the budget, doubled the episodes and went "gently caress you, makin' bank"

---

Oh yeah almost forgot, Fear The Walking Dead was as strong, strong contender for this thread. They don't have the budget to show zombies, the characters are even dumber (they murder a bunch of people trying to help them and the show's so confused it thinks this is heroic), and literally nothing about it makes sense. Major characters killed off screen because they couldn't afford to show it. Los Angeles setting that doesn't use LA and is shot in Canada. One zombie in a completely vanished population. Ninja zombies that sneak around for a month before the infection. Holy poo poo. So, so bad. It makes the main show look like Breaking Bad in comparison.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Jan 5, 2016

Weener Beater
May 4, 2010
Mad TV was crap in its last two seasons
Any of the Real Housewives shows. I watched 5 minutes of one and couldn't take it
Here Comes Honey BooBoo was mentioned. Makes me angry to see such stupidity on TV
After MASH
Glee

Weener Beater fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Jan 5, 2016

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

ShaqDiesel posted:

The second season was one of the best shows on TV last year. Worth sitting through the first season for, which was a bit of a slog.

Cacator fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jan 5, 2016

Calbiyum
May 18, 2015
There are just too many awful shows to pick from. Every single one of those Chicago pd/fd shows are terrible and so are all those lawyer shows and quirky cop/doctor shows. TV is really bad 95% of the time

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Locker Room Zubaz posted:

John from Cincinatti was god drat awful

Actually it was pretty great.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Calbiyum posted:

There are just too many awful shows to pick from. Every single one of those Chicago pd/fd shows are terrible and so are all those lawyer shows and quirky cop/doctor shows. TV is really bad 95% of the time

the chaicgo pd/svu crossover was one of the worst episodes of anything i've ever seen, even though it had lou taylor pucci in glittery makeup in it

Superior Bastard
Jun 5, 2004

I wanna be on you.

This show started off well, but then switched to live broadcasts int he hope that them flubbing their lines would make it funnier. The most annoying castmember is certainly Chris D'Elia, Justin Bieber's favorite comedian.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Chris D'Elia is the worst standup comedian I have ever seen by a long shot

first time I saw on eof his specials I thought it was some kinda kaufman-y prank he was so bad

but no it's real he's actually that bad

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Frackie Robinson posted:

This year it bascially turned into Lost, in a good way

I came here to post that LOST was the worst show because of how over-hyped and disingenuous it was. so thanks for confirming that my decision to skip The Leftovers was the right one.

I also came here to say "gently caress Damon Lindelof" but tbh he doesn't seem like a completely terrible person. he comes off as a smarter-than-you douche sometimes but saying "gently caress him" is probably overkill in a world where people like Donald Trump and Anthony Cumia exist

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

YeahTubaMike posted:

i would argue that the guy that got coerced into a gay marriage and given AIDS wasn't a decent person, because he left his wife & kids behind basically just for money. he was nicer than most of the people on the show, but not "nice" in the way that julie or his teacher were.

That's certainly true, but still nice enough that constant debasement, domestic slavery, and AIDS seemed a wee much when Allen Gregory, a far more despicable person all around, emerged unscathed.

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

ShaqDiesel posted:

i thought the first and second seasons of the leftovers were loving phenomenal, and i'm also glad they're limiting themselves to three seasons

hopefully it won't get a chance to end up like lost did, reaching for "ooooo spooky and weird" poo poo to try and make the show interesting

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
Two and a Half Men is not only egregiously lovely, it has one of the shittiest theme songs ever to go with it

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

Thursday Next posted:

How I met your mother. Tried to watch it based on hype. It's an old fashioned sitcom with soundstage and laugh track and everything. Maybe it would have been good when it originally aired? That old sitcom format just feels too flat and boring now.
My friends made me watch it on Netflix and at first I thought the exact same thing, but after the first or second season, the show kind of went out of its way to avoid laughtrack sitcom tropes, and many episodes had some sort of creative hook or unique format. It still would have been better as a single cam sitcom though, and there was absolutely no reason for it to go on for nine seasons.

The American Dream posted:

Gotta go with Napoleon Dynamite. Great idea to make a cartoon based on a movie from 10 years ago that no one has cared about in 7 or 8 years.
I actually thought that this show was decent, despite this. It would have probably made it to a few seasons if it aired in 2005.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

SlickDealer posted:

Also, how has nobody mentioned this yet?

Under the dumb, was really loving bad, like perhaps one of the worst TV shows that I've seen in "modern" times (like 2005+) that said, it's not the worst TV show ever on grand scale of things but it's like one of those lovely 90 tv shows that somehow got stuck in a time capsule and released magically 23 years later, which is almost impressing.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

SciFiDownBeat posted:

I came here to post that LOST was the worst show because of how over-hyped and disingenuous it was. so thanks for confirming that my decision to skip The Leftovers was the right one.

You're welcome

pr0p
Dec 8, 2011
Touched by an Angel

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Taking Dead, a talk show devoted to talking about the worst show ever automatically becomes the new worst show ever.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Superior Bastard posted:

This show started off well, but then switched to live broadcasts int he hope that them flubbing their lines would make it funnier. The most annoying castmember is certainly Chris D'Elia, Justin Bieber's favorite comedian.

Just from the title I've read 95% of all user and professional reviews. "Unwatchable!(lol)"

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

The View is bad but it also spawned a short-lived man-view spinoff called The Other Half with Dick Clark, Mario Lopez, and Danny Bonaduce that was unwatchable even to people who would willingly watch the view

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

AfroKen posted:

I watched the first episode of this and liked it enough, don't see why it'd be considered "the worst ever"...unless you're a vegan who donated to the Sanders campaign, or friends with that kind of person. It was definitely way less subtle than King of the Hill though, which probably turned a lot of people off. I dunno, I'm the kind of guy who laughs out loud over a kid being named Ubuntu

the fact that the kid's name was Ubuntu and that was a recurring joke is exactly why that show sucked. it featured all of the humor and entertainment your local insane vegan family has in store - which is pretty much nil. the jokes sucked major dick such as the one where the dad has an awkward encounter with a fat lesbian. i don't remember the punchline but i remember it was dumb

i'll concede that as a mike judge show it had major potential but that's about it, it was awful

Homer J. Fong posted:

Did anyone ever watch Lil Bush? There is no way that wasn't terrible, right?

actually was pretty funny in a few episodes and portraying jeb as a bumbling retard was always good for a few kneejerk laughs

barnold fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Jan 5, 2016

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

ShaqDiesel posted:

Cacator posted:

The second season was one of the best shows on TV last year. Worth sitting through the first season for, which was a bit of a slog.

Season 2 was incredibly good, as in it was like a completely different show compared to Season 1.

You should watch it, coming from a person who shitted up the Season 1 thread.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkNzNYGpnpw

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I'm glad the The Big Bang Theory as been mentioned multiple times in this thread, because it is an absolute garbage show. One thing I don't remember being mentioned that is one of my personal gripes with the show is how it is shot, and namely the bizarre oversaturation of colors it relies on. It's like they discovered the hue/saturation controls on their cameras and cranked that poo poo to 11. Not only is the writing complete crap, but it is also shot like a bad children's show with blown-out primary colors being the primary palette.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

This show is hilariously bad. In the first episode alone the fixers deal with a girl who claims to have had an affair with the President, but the main character can tell it's true because *gasp* she also had an affair with the president!!

The real actual worst show ever though is Kevin Spencer. I couldn't get through a single episode of that godawful trash.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

sweetmercifulcrap posted:

I actually thought that this show was decent, despite this. It would have probably made it to a few seasons if it aired in 2005.

I watched the first episode not knowing what to expect but it was horrible and never came back. Not only did it come out like some five years too late, the comedy is completely different from what I remember the movie being--as it went for some zany later Simpson style comedy as opposed to the drier humor the movie is known for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doom Sleigher
Dec 29, 2004

The Walking Dead

Get my zombies out of this poseur bullshit

Doom Sleigher fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Jan 5, 2016

• Locked thread