Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Koorisch posted:

So, Clan Mechs, does it matter which version of mech you buy or can you just get whichever and get the Omnimodules for whichever mech in the line is the best for the thing you want it for?

The latter. The only thing that's fixed is the CT.

You still need three variants for the efficiencies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Lemon Curdistan posted:

The latter. The only thing that's fixed is the CT.

You still need three variants for the efficiencies.

For clans if you buy the full mech, do you unlock the pieces for omnipod purposes?

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Every time I am in my Hellslinger on the really hot maps I am very happy

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Standard engine MADs are where its at. They're basically the opposite of what they are in TT BT.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

ZenVulgarity posted:

For clans if you buy the full mech, do you unlock the pieces for omnipod purposes?

Yes. You can just remove the omnis and move them around if you want.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

One of my favorite things as an oxide to do is when I'm out of ammo sit behind one of the heavy mechs and just force them to be unable to move at all

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Yes. You can just remove the omnis and move them around if you want.

ooo

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

A.o.D. posted:

Standard engine MADs are where its at. They're basically the opposite of what they are in TT BT.

Well the MAD-3R in tabletop is basically designed to be as deadly as possible for the driver- an AC/5 ammo in a under-armored side torso with nothing else to soak crits. Also running dual PPCs with only 16 single heat sinks.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010

ZenVulgarity posted:

One of my favorite things as an oxide to do is when I'm out of ammo sit behind one of the heavy mechs and just force them to be unable to move at all

Coincidentally, heavies like to sit behind my mediums in really tight corridors

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

sarmhan posted:

Well the MAD-3R in tabletop is basically designed to be as deadly as possible for the driver- an AC/5 ammo in a under-armored side torso with nothing else to soak crits. Also running dual PPCs with only 16 single heat sinks.

That reminds me to do a Nostalgia-killer mission with the 3025 units that are cripplingly bad at their jobs.

Super 3
Dec 31, 2007

Sometimes the powers you get are shit.

liquidfire posted:

Washout told me in February of 2015:

Buy via c-bills in this order

A) 3 pack of stormcrows
B) 3 pack of timberwolves
C) 3 pack of hellbringers
D) 3 pack of ebon jaguars
E) 3 pack of direwolves

edit: oh and for the love of christ get a 3 pack of artic cheetahs second.

You could probably omit D from this list. I don't feel like the Ebon really does anything I can do better in either a timber or a hellbringer. Unless someone can point out a really good Ebon build.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

sarmhan posted:

Its overgunned, under armored, undercooled, and under protected. The MWO marauder is a tanky slugbeast that might be best in weight class in a brawl.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

A.o.D. posted:

Its overgunned, under armored, undercooled, and under protected. The MWO marauder is a tanky slugbeast that might be best in weight class in a brawl.

They are hard as gently caress to kill, that's for sure. Them and the drat blackjacks make me waste a lot of ammo when I try to kill steal secure

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos
marauders look fun to paint

the importance of painting your mech is underrated

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

teepo posted:

marauders look fun to paint

the importance of painting your mech is underrated

All the paint costs money

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
So I did the 2x LPL 2x SRM w/ AMS on the Marauder. poo poo is fun

havent heard a peep
May 29, 2003

When Steve Jobs died it wasn't the first job I'd lost that week.

Super 3 posted:

You could probably omit D from this list. I don't feel like the Ebon really does anything I can do better in either a timber or a hellbringer. Unless someone can point out a really good Ebon build.

i don't even have the jags myself yet. tbqh i was hoping i would get so caught up in working myself to death that instead of playing this game for a solid twenty hours a week on average that i'd be well on my way to a better life without pgi.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Hooray I knew saving up credits was worth it. Just managed to grab three arctic cheater models with what I had. Now time to give them the good old industrial loader paintjob as is required.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Super 3 posted:

I really like my EBJs. I'm not sure I'd say they do anything better than either the Timby or HBR, but they sit in kind of a sweet spot in between them. They do it different-er and they are fun as poo poo.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

ZenVulgarity posted:

All the paint costs money

They give away paint all the time during events. If you play for more than a few months you'll be able to paint your ride.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

Cyrano4747 posted:

They give away paint all the time during events. If you play for more than a few months you'll be able to paint your ride.

they also give away mc and you can do one shot camo patterns pretty cheap

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

TeeMerk posted:

they also give away mc and you can do one shot camo patterns pretty cheap

I'd rather save up my MC for when mech bays go on sale.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

FARTSTAR
Jun 28, 2004

Jack2142 posted:

Is there any reason as to why after not playing the game for a couple weeks I got my pilot skill rating dropped from 3 to 5 ?

meta it up and you could probably get a legit Death Star

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos
tier 2 is quite an upgrade over tier 3.

not too meta but every mech loadout utilizes some form of synergy at the very least. there is the occasional lrm boat but not enough for you to drop in alpine and forzen city will always win in votes, regardless. it still seems that you will occasionally have bad drops with noobs/pubs though.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Solo queue doesn't get better at tier 1 (and has gotten arguably worse from personal experience since tier 2).

novaSphere fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Jan 6, 2016

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013

Cyrano4747 posted:

I'd rather save up my MC for when mech bays go on sale.

That won't be anytime soon, they just had a short New Year's sale that included 50% off Mechbays.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Of thunderbolts to get, which are the best 3 right now?

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Timberwolf sale is so tempting but it's basically the pumpkin spice latte of MWO.

Noir89
Oct 9, 2012

I made a dumdum :(
Recently started playing this game again, and as always i am bad with credits. Is there anyway to make the Locust 3S good? Currently using this but i suck at both mechbuilding and playing so.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Noir89 posted:

Recently started playing this game again, and as always i am bad with credits. Is there anyway to make the Locust 3S good? Currently using this but i suck at both mechbuilding and playing so.

That but with an XL 180 is the Metamechs build. I'd argue it'd be better with a single SRM6+Artemis for drive by damage, but can't say in practice.

AtillatheBum
Oct 6, 2010

Justice ain't gonna dispense itself.
Why do I see all the griffin builds with 4 ASRM-4s instead of 3 ASRM-6s? the 3 6s have better dps, better alpha better locations on the robot and better heat efficiency. The only thing the srm4s seem to have going for them is a tiny bit less ammo consumption. Am I missing something here?

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
SRM4s have a tighter spread than SRM6s, they're slightly more reliable for coring mechs overall.

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007

AtillatheBum posted:

Why do I see all the griffin builds with 4 ASRM-4s instead of 3 ASRM-6s? the 3 6s have better dps, better alpha better locations on the robot and better heat efficiency. The only thing the srm4s seem to have going for them is a tiny bit less ammo consumption. Am I missing something here?

The only thing I can think of is a tighter missile spread, as that would allow much more precise damage application.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

The spread is a lot less of an issue if you're running artemis. The fours are still better, but it's not as big a benefit as if you are running them without artemis.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
4s are less ammo hungry, and you can often fit 4 4+A's or 3 6's.

Also, some people think ROF is better than DPS.

But w/e, the choice is yours

AtillatheBum
Oct 6, 2010

Justice ain't gonna dispense itself.
Hmm, thats fair I guess; I think I'm gonna stick with the srm6s for now though if only because I have a srm6 cooldown module but no srm4 one.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

4 ASRM4s actually have better DPS than 3 ASRM6s- 11.48 vs 9.69. So if you have the hardpoints its generally better to get the increased DPS and narrower spread at the cost of alpha damage and increased heat.

Sard
May 11, 2012

Certified Poster of Culture.
I'm going to regret asking this, but: Does anyone have the Mauler, especially the MAL-1R(R)? What's special about the model compared to the regular ones, and how well does it work as a fast assault SRM6+A boat? Still on the side of not upgrading to it, but I'm curious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe
With the srm4s you become a missile spewing god of vengeance

• Locked thread