Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

"We've got $40 from Mitch Hedberg"

Dead comedians walk the earth again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp
ahahahah that blueglass "heeeeey!" all these marathons, still a speedbro.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

TheGreatGildersneeze posted:

huh, that's a shame. too bad he released it to the public. i hear he didn't want it streamed either. that lasted about twenty minutes, i'm sure.

people are citing several valid reasons for not submitting it and your responses have basically been no gently caress YOU

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Eonwe posted:

fire emblem "speedrun"

Here we have a 15 dollar donation from sakurai saying: i like these games. expect more fire emblem characters in smash, they play like Marth but are poo poo. will donate another 15 if the runner does Roy's victory quote from melee.

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Just bump into the mountain at this specific spot 37 times and you'll teleport skip to the afterlife.

what you do is you take this steel plate and hold it in front of you, now you run into this mountain wall. its finicky but after multiple tries of slamming your face into the mountain wall and eventually you will be able to go six feet under.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not arguing on whether or not it would be a GOOD speedrun just the fact that a developer shouldn't really have that kind of say, how many GDQ's did we cap off with long rear end Final Fantasy runs...

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are,

"It might have been."
Pillbug
Oats just recently completed an entire run of super metroid using only his feet. Was pretty cool to see.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Super Metroid two players one controller sounds like the kind of thing that puts my feeble space jump attempts to shame.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
final fantasy should also not be in a marathon but apparently it pulls in a lot of money

i don't know who is sitting and watching 7 hours of some guy grinding slime butts, but no thanks

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I appreciate hand cam

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

huh, that's a shame. too bad he released it to the public. i hear he didn't want it streamed either. that lasted about twenty minutes, i'm sure.

i mean funnily enough he said "please don't" and the runners just acquiesced and didn't submit the game.

like they didn't have to but people just decided not to be a prick, isn't that nice?

Looper posted:

people are citing several valid reasons for not submitting it and your responses have basically been no gently caress YOU

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Guy on the right is vibrating and it's making me nauseous :tem:

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Photex posted:

I'm not arguing on whether or not it would be a GOOD speedrun just the fact that a developer shouldn't really have that kind of say, how many GDQ's did we cap off with long rear end Final Fantasy runs...

he doesn't there's this social concept called "respect"

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Eonwe posted:

final fantasy should also not be in a marathon but apparently it pulls in a lot of money

i don't know who is sitting and watching 7 hours of some guy grinding slime butts, but no thanks

it's nice to chill out to the run vods while you're playing something

GottaPayDaTrollToll
Dec 3, 2009

by Lowtax
It is kind of bizzare for a guy who was involved with Homestuck to think he can keep a fandom from spiralling out of control.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Regy Rusty posted:

I appreciate hand cam

it really does a lot seeing another angle of the backs of their hands

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp

Photex posted:

I'm not arguing on whether or not it would be a GOOD speedrun just the fact that a developer shouldn't really have that kind of say,
Exactly. You release something to the public now, it's going to get streamed. Guarantee with the "enthusiastic" fandom that game has it'd be a massive donation draw, so screw that guy for saying "i don't want my game spoiled, so no GDQ for you." It's a moot point anyway since the game came out too close to submissions for it to be a legit consideration for actual inclusion. If he's still pissy about it come SGDQ, the guy's a douche.

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

i mean funnily enough he said "please don't" and the runners just acquiesced and didn't submit the game.

like they didn't have to but people just decided not to be a prick, isn't that nice?
I swear I remember the GDQ staff saying "don't bother submitting Undertale" along with a couple other games that JUST came out when submissions opened. Could be wrong, but that might be the reason. They knew the speedrun wouldn't be anywhere near actually fast yet.

TheGreatGildersneeze fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Jan 5, 2016

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Exactly. You release something to the public now, it's going to get streamed. Guarantee with the "enthusiastic" fandom that game has it'd be a massive donation draw, so screw that guy for saying "i don't want my game spoiled, so no GDQ for you." It's a moot point anyway since the game came out too close to submissions for it to be a legit consideration for actual inclusion. If he's still pissy about it come SGDQ, the guy's a douche.

Source your quotes. :shittydog:

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Regy Rusty posted:

I appreciate hand cam

I want a close up of his ball cupping hand instead.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

he's not saying that nor does he think he has any kind of authority he's just expressing his view on the subject you big weirdo

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I read up on this thing called death of the author it's really cool you guys

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
autismtale

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

David Byrne - Like Humans Do (Radio Edit).mp3
2p1c basically looks like whenever I try to jump up a vertical room.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Aurora posted:

I read up on this thing called death of the author it's really cool you guys

Please don't murder Toby Fox

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

I swear I remember the GDQ staff saying "don't bother submitting Undertale" along with a couple other games that JUST came out when submissions opened. Could be wrong, but that might be the reason. They knew the speedrun wouldn't be anywhere near actually fast yet.

why do you hate undertale

is it the sjws

(Dude would just rather not have his game on a speedrun stream right now, it's not like he posted a page-long diatribe on the subject)

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Regy Rusty posted:

Don't you know? It's death or be deathed

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Regy Rusty posted:

Death of the author means that this post totally says "Murder Toby Fox."

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
toby fox seems like the total opposite of like, phil fish in basically every way

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
Shut the hell up about undertale and enjoy this insanely skilled Super Metroid speed run.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

AHungryRobot posted:

Shut the hell up about undertale and enjoy this insanely skilled Super Metroid speed run.

no i've seen enough super metroid that i can replay exactly how this run goes in my mind i don't need to see it a fiftieth time

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Azazell0 posted:

Super Metroid two players one controller sounds like the kind of thing that puts my feeble space jump attempts to shame.

I remember when the game first came out, long before all (or any) of the glitches were discovered and the WR for a straight run was about 1:30 or so.

Aurora posted:

it's nice to chill out to the run vods while you're playing something
Same, it's background noise for when I've run out of stuff to watch and sometimes you learn something fun.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

AHungryRobot posted:

what do you think flashes through their minds whenever their shoulders touch

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

AHungryRobot posted:

You asked nicely but that doesn't mean I have to listen!!

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Looper posted:

what do you think flashes through their minds whenever their shoulders touch

love and peace

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

it's like a piano duet except instead of making sound do stuff they're making visuals do stuff

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Cho'Gall plays Super Metroid

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Zivilyn Bane posted:

Cho'Gall plays Super Metroid

Nah, Cho'Gall's heads don't get along well enough for that!

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Guy on the left of the screen is trying to glitch through his own chair with all the leg shaking.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

hand cam is shaking

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are,

"It might have been."
Pillbug
2 player 1 controller super metroid run could be the world's nerdiest idea for a date night

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I'm going to predict that they get a game over here and kill the run now just so I can pretend to be psychic.

• Locked thread