Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
Gonna miss that sticker cash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
I've looked at the comments on hltv.org and aside from the brainless "HAAARGGARAGHH VOLVO FUG UUUUU" nerd rage the only "argument" anyone has is that "there were no rules saying you get banned for match fixing when they got banned!"

How stupid a statement is that, drat.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Tevery Best posted:

I've looked at the comments on hltv.org and aside from the brainless "HAAARGGARAGHH VOLVO FUG UUUUU" nerd rage the only "argument" anyone has is that "there were no rules saying you get banned for match fixing when they got banned!"

How stupid a statement is that, drat.

you know what they say about being technically correct

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

Famethrowa posted:

I'm a proponent of smoking warehouse roof on Cache. You never know when they might push roof

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

The Kappa guy wrote a page about himself being the Kappa guy

http://lazythunk.com/kappa/

its weird to think that that emote exists as someones face somewhere irl

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Luna Was Here posted:

its weird to think that that emote exists as someones face somewhere irl
The fate has spoken, meet your new colleague.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
also so far on reddit the only argument is whether or not skadoodle should be banned with them or not but I don't remember if he was a part of the throw?

the other argument is that purposefully losing games to get easier seeds can sometimes be a strategy that teams have and people don't want to get banned just for wanting an easier seed

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

CSGO service servers are pieces of junk trash garbage ! ! !

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Photex posted:

and they will never get picked up by a legit team because why would you want a team who can't show up to the largest events?

Pretty much. They'll still walk in and dominate smaller local LANs like ETS and Fragadelphia as a mix though which is kinda cool.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Luna Was Here posted:

also so far on reddit the only argument is whether or not skadoodle should be banned with them or not but I don't remember if he was a part of the throw?

Ska took one look at that and said "I ain't touching that money".

Worked out pretty well for him, I'd say.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Downside is that people will say that the reason why NA teams arent doing good in tournaments is because the best players are banned

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Kazinsal posted:

Ska took one look at that and said "I ain't touching that money".

Worked out pretty well for him, I'd say.
He did actually throw though, he just didn't take any skins.

Depths posted:

Downside is that people will say that the reason why NA teams arent doing good in tournaments is because the best players are banned
hosed up but true??

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Depths posted:

At least they made it to place where they are being banned from a reputable place, unlike the British.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
My favorite part is people comparing VAC bans and esea/faceit/ESL bans for cheating and the hypocrisy involved. Not the same concept, and complete misunderstanding of what a third party service is.

illezt
Mar 1, 2005

mcvey posted:

Pretty much. They'll still walk in and dominate smaller local LANs like ETS and Fragadelphia as a mix though which is kinda cool.

Swag has said on multiple occasions that he won't play with Dazed again. And from what it seems, AZK has completely dropped CS in favor of Reflex. So no, that's probably not going to happen. Steel will probably keep making random mix teams though.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

illezt posted:

Swag has said on multiple occasions that he won't play with Dazed again. And from what it seems, AZK has completely dropped CS in favor of Reflex. So no, that's probably not going to happen. Steel will probably keep making random mix teams though.

I mean yeah iBP as a whole is done but they will still play. AZK usually goes to ETS and Fragadelphia and local LANs, Dazed and Steel go to most, Swag still plays when he can.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Too bad they are permabanned over 700 bucks worth of pixels

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
I think Skadoodle might have lucked out in that he definitely participated in the throw but just happened to be the last in line to receive skins from the guys that did the betting. By the time his skins were ready, the rumors of the throw were already circulating and he eventually declined the skins. Thus when ban time came around he had no evidence beyond reasonable doubt on him.

It sucks though, what else do those guys (or any other pro gamers really) have in their lives besides CS?

Edit: here is renowned author of Playing to Win, Yomi theorist David "Low Strong" Sirlin weighing in on the ban:
http://www.reddit.com/r/globaloffensive/comments/3zmn8s/_/

canoshiz fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Jan 6, 2016

CancerStick
Jun 3, 2011
I wanted to see them play more than most, but I wouldn't be too worried about what they will do with the rest of their lives. I watch a lot of their streams and Steel just bought a brand new Nissan WRX and condo in downtown Toronto, Dazed is heavily into streaming and just won 3.5-4K on FaceIt, Swag is still so young he can just go to college liek the rest of us. Who knows about AZK.

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009
gently caress the Marble Fade mouse, get your StatTrack™ mouse here: https://steelseries.com/gaming-mice/rival-700

Edit: RIP NA

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Suran37 posted:

gently caress the Marble Fade mouse, get your StatTrack™ mouse here: https://steelseries.com/gaming-mice/rival-700

Edit: RIP NA

I just bought my mouse, why you do this.

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

illezt posted:

Reflex as in the CPMA clone thats still in alpha? Lol

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

Well, which is it?

CancerStick
Jun 3, 2011

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

Well, which is it?

Haha. Whoops. The WRX.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

mistermojo posted:

Reflex as in the CPMA clone thats still in alpha? Lol

no its actually a quake clone

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009
I know swag said he doesn't want to play with most of the iBP guys again, but they should just form a team a try to get into the Turner league since it's apparently going to be almost all NA teams and they can't get any top teams to commit. It would probably be easy money for them.

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

CancerStick posted:

I wouldn't be too worried about what they will do with the rest of their lives.

Dazed is heavily into streaming and just won 3.5-4K on FaceIt

true,

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Holy poo poo that NA FPL soundboard is way too good. I can't get enough of it

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

goldblums eyes posted:

Holy poo poo that NA FPL soundboard is way too good. I can't get enough of it

It's happening again dude..

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

mcvey posted:

He did actually throw though, he just didn't take any skins.

The argument is though, if all of his other teammates are throwing, what's he supposed to do? Even if he tried they'd still lose. Refusing payment for something he didn't want to take part in makes sense, even if it's not technically true.

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009

fennesz posted:

The argument is though, if all of his other teammates are throwing, what's he supposed to do? Even if he tried they'd still lose. Refusing payment for something he didn't want to take part in makes sense, even if it's not technically true.

As Mcvey said he knew. The only reason he isn't banned is because they somehow didn't have enough to pay him his cut. They said they would get more skins and pay him later, during which time Richard Lewis or whoever broke the story and only then did he decline the money over fear of getting banned. I guess you could try and argue that he still tried and couldn't do anything, but the fact that he was going to take skins and only declined because the word got out suggests otherwise. Pretty lucky break for him, just wish it was Swag instead.

BeRandom
Mar 20, 2011

Famethrowa posted:

I just bought my mouse, why you do this.

I just bought a Rival 300 for Christmas. I guess it's time to upgrade again.

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

BeRandom posted:

I just bought a Rival 300 for Christmas. I guess it's time to upgrade again.

donate your mouse to a good home :monar:

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Suran37 posted:

Pretty lucky break for him, just wish it was Swag instead.

I just wish they didn't loving throw. NA CS is essentially one big B team at this point.

RobotsLoveSpectres
Dec 29, 2008

Depths posted:

Yeah steel and his buddies dominated my universities local LAN event back in November.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Technically they can still compete at non-valve sponsored events.. like Turner's e-league. Hope something happens with that so we can at least seem them play on LAN again.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

canoshiz posted:

It sucks though, what else do those guys (or any other pro gamers really) have in their lives besides CS?

Are you aware of how sad that sounds

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Not a fan of arbitrarily first offense permabanning people, especially without a clear rule book. Young kids make mistakes - sometimes big ones - and deserve second chances.

Riot games at least got that right - players that show reform have a real process for getting unbanned. For example, Cloud9'scurrent midlaner had a "lifetime" ban for being a toxic ddosing little poo poo, but then he grew up, Riot noticed it, an he got unbanned. Everyone at Volvo on the other hand seems to be too cool to do work like that, so they just throw their hands in the air and do nothing. :shrug:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

e: wrong thread god dammit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Smol posted:

Everyone at Volvo on the other hand seems to be too cool to do work like that, so they just throw their hands in the air and do nothing. :shrug:

This post is reddit as gently caress, good job.

• Locked thread