Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Not My Leg posted:

Bonsteel can probably go on the no longer cartooning list. She hasn't produced anything in more than a year and antiantiunderground.com has been offline for about that long (well, not offline, it's some kind of Japanese language website now). In fact, it looks like she has taken down everywhere that she hosted her cartoons. She was young and never did cartooning as a job, so she probably just decided to bury it completely it and move on.

Cousin Itt is male and uses male pronouns.

Nuetral?

Liccar is literally the only artist that makes me want to write to his editor and say "forget his political opinions, why haven't you looked at his terrible art and decided this guy was worth continued employment?" Because christ he is awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

beepsandboops posted:

I'd probably throw into the OP that Zyglis won last year's Pulitzer.

New Bors:

Die Hard is the best Christmas movie, Bors, you commie. :colbert:

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

beepsandboops posted:

I'd probably throw into the OP that Zyglis won last year's Pulitzer.

New Bors:

OK, I laughed.
Needs a slo-mo shot of the bundys going "Noooooooo" and diving for it before the cops crash in.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

This is a pretty milquetoast (if accurate) take that's been said by a lot of people, but God drat do I love the image of a cop car just loving Kool-Aid-Manning through the wall immediately.

Dazzling Addar
Mar 27, 2010

He may have a funny face, but he's THE BEST KONG
Bors can do a really good visual gag when he puts his mind to it. I think I find his cartoons the most consistently funny of most of the thread regulars.

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer
IT'S MONDAYTUESDAY

FicusArt
Dec 27, 2014

Why would I draw dudes when I could be drawing literally anything else?

Kumaton posted:

This is a pretty milquetoast (if accurate) take that's been said by a lot of people, but God drat do I love the image of a cop car just loving Kool-Aid-Manning through the wall immediately.

How extreme of a stance can you even take on "Armed White dudes rebel and take over federal property, get interviewed by the news, and given long humanizing introspectives on who they are as people; Preteen black child has a toy gun, cops literally come in as fast as possible to kill him."

What sort of hot take do you even give that?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Phuzzy posted:

IT'S MONDAYTUESDAY

My favorite part of this is he's looking at the boob instead of the audience.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Phuzzy posted:

IT'S MONDAYTUESDAY

Silly Kelly, Nestle is a Swiss company!

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
No, we aren't doing the goddamn time warp.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
[b]BUNNIES ARE CUTE BUT DEADLY/b]

Josef bugman posted:

No, we aren't doing the goddamn time warp.

But let's do the time warp. Agaaaaaaaaaain.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Thanks guys I thought I was having a stroke

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Take out the first panel and do some tighter wording in the second and it would be better.

I love the cartoonish conclusion.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Zelder posted:

Thanks guys I thought I was having a stroke

You get off watching someone breastfeeding?

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

alnilam posted:

What does the water represent?

DEBT

I'm actually surprised he didn't label it as such.

Or maybe he did, and you have to zoom in really really tight to see the water is made up of millions of swirling DEBTS, like monoliths from the 2001 sequel.

Rincewinds posted:

You get off watching someone breastfeeding?

You can take the Muir out of the thread, but you can't take the Muir out of the thread.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
So many labels.

How are half of those things even connected? How is Japanese radition leaking linked to the presidental race? Or SJWs? Or the TSA?

OldMemes fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Jan 6, 2016

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Fukushima Nuclear Fish on tour now

Dazzling Addar
Mar 27, 2010

He may have a funny face, but he's THE BEST KONG
Is it my imagination or is Garrison becoming more unhinged as time goes on?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Who is the guy with the fishing rod supposed to be?

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Pretty cool to cast your lure over a tidal wave

Also petty SJW Mermaid can't handle innocent people baiting and eating her family

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Jay Rust posted:

Who is the guy with the fishing rod supposed to be?

Ben himself. Explanation for the cartoon:

quote:

A cartoon to start the new year. Sure, I made both me and Tina look much younger--but that's artistic license! One of our Patreon supporters suggested I draw a cartoon showing me fishing for ideas on the Internet Sea--so I did! In 2015 we put the trolls behind us. 2016 is a wave of endless cartoon possibilities. Stay tuned!

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
Ah yes, catching the irradiated fish of success.

From Matt Davies:

Action-Man
Aug 12, 2007

Adventure Time
come on grab your friends

This is complete nonsense.

Action-Man
Aug 12, 2007

Adventure Time
Edit: gently caress double post.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

You know what always shows up trolls? Drawing them as one of the most important events in your year. Lil' tip from Ben Garrison to you.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

That social justice mermaid is awesome, shame that wasn't his intent but oh well death of the author.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Krinkle posted:

You know what always shows up trolls? Drawing them as one of the most important events in your year. Lil' tip from Ben Garrison to you.

Famed internet trolls as Devil Obama, Kim Davis and ummm that 13 year old black republican kid?

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Yup the future is sure looking bright for Rand Paul and his sub-three percent support in the primary heading into 2016. :laffo:

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Five days in to the new year and already a strong contender for the "Least concealed bigotry" 2016 Gay Abortion Award.

e_angst
Sep 20, 2001

by exmarx

colonel_korn posted:

Yup the future is sure looking bright for Rand Paul and his sub-three percent support in the primary heading into 2016. :laffo:

Well, see, he gets to be a "beacon of liberty" in the senate.

Come to think of it, given that he's the Republican from Kentucky, we could be looking him being up there for a Strom Thurmond-amount of time.

(This is as opposed to Ted Cruz, whose Texas senate seat should be safe but who is definitely going to undergo a Joseph McCarthy-style flameout sooner rather than later.)

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
He's got a pen, but where's his phone?

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on David Cameron and the EU referendum – Government ministers will be free to campaign on either side of the debate for the referendum on Britain’s EU membership, David Cameron has confirmed"

Telegraph:

Times:

Jeremy Corbyn keeps Hilary Benn as shadow foreign secretary in reshuffle

Mail:
Mac on... War and peace

Mac on... Migrants walking into UK through Eurotunnel

Kakairo
Dec 5, 2005

In case of emergency, my ass can be used as a flotation device.

Mister Beeg posted:

Most people on Twitter are calling them Y'all Qaeda, for what its worth

Such a shame that name took off instead of Vanilla Isis.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Nonsense. This is an election year.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

FicusArt posted:

How extreme of a stance can you even take on "Armed White dudes rebel and take over federal property, get interviewed by the news, and given long humanizing introspectives on who they are as people; Preteen black child has a toy gun, cops literally come in as fast as possible to kill him."

What sort of hot take do you even give that?

On second thought, maybe milquetoast wasn't the right word. I meant to say "boring opinion by now" and that was the first word to pop up in my head. Sorry, words sometimes aren't my strong suit. It's probably the best one of these cartoons done, though.
I'm just digging myself deeper aren't I

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

Kakairo posted:

Such a shame that name took off instead of Vanilla Isis.

I was about to ask why, since Vanilla Isis wasn't a pun, but then I saw it. :aaaaa:

Action-Man
Aug 12, 2007

Adventure Time

Zemyla posted:

I was about to ask why, since Vanilla Isis wasn't a pun, but then I saw it. :aaaaa:

I am an idiot. Can you explain it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Action-Man posted:

I am an idiot. Can you explain it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rog8ou-ZepE

• Locked thread