Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Nailed it. God drat dude's picture makes me sad. I imagine when he was a kid he never wanted to wear his CPAP mask and his mom pretended like it was a cool spaceman tool to get him to wear it to bed. Then twenty years later he put it on his face to take that horrible picture.

Everything is ruined forever. Thanks a lot, Star Citizen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Lowtax is actually starting up a goon guild for a really neat game where you fly something so I figured I'd post here in case anyone was interested

I figure there is a lot of overlap in the communities

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_37IFze11s

its a bit more polished the star citizen though

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
did sandi just copy + pasted the parts about videogames from the RSI forums?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

D_Smart posted:

Sandi is the gift that keeps on giving. I am so loving ecstatic right now that she put this in writing. I mean seriously, you guys have NO CLUE how huge (HINT: It's a patently false) this is. It will come back to haunt her.

When you consider all the degreed engineers and staff working on this project, and even Chris who has a bona fide degree - which she DOES NOT possess, you have to ask if she really was high in that exchange. Nothing else explains it.

This exchange pretty much validates most - if not all - of the things that were told to The Escapist about her.

This is the woman who, after our investigations yielded lie after lie after lie about her credentials, was playing whack-a-mole with my investigators data mining her LinkedIn profile (it was a Gold mine of bullshit - we have ALL of them archived). Each time something showed up in my blog, she'd write up a new one and kill the previous. Last we checked, she's up to #4 now.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Beet Wagon posted:

Nailed it. God drat dude's picture makes me sad. I imagine when he was a kid he never wanted to wear his CPAP mask and his mom pretended like it was a cool spaceman tool to get him to wear it to bed. Then twenty years later he put it on his face to take that horrible picture.

Everything is ruined forever. Thanks a lot, Star Citizen.

kids wear those? not just manchildren?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Accelerwraith/status/684101772651008000

I hope he's going to keep asking
"are you investigating this company?"
"are you investigating them now?"
"how.......about .... right now?"
"Still nothing seems off to you yet?"
"They've still in the clear right?"

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
Open development: Reddit - New Years calculation, estimation, and speculation on game completion status and estimated completion time.

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:

Eonwe posted:

I want to buy spaceship jpegs that are glittery and stuff and they sit in my signature

LOL :cripes:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

kids wear those? not just manchildren?

From what I understand it's usually a hell of a fight trying to get them to wear them too (obviously) so a lot of parents decorate them and try to make them seem cool.

Laserpig
Jul 13, 2013

I am not credible.

Eonwe posted:

Lowtax is actually starting up a goon guild for a really neat game where you fly something so I figured I'd post here in case anyone was interested

I figure there is a lot of overlap in the communities

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_37IFze11s

its a bit more polished the star citizen though

Wow I might try Derek's games after all, that looks quite impressive.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

D_Smart posted:

Sandi is the gift that keeps on giving. I am so loving ecstatic right now that she put this in writing. I mean seriously, you guys have NO CLUE how huge (HINT: It's a patently false) this is. It will come back to haunt her.

Ha, she talks about other people projecting their insecurities then rolls right into some crap about how she's sacrificed her glamorous lifestyle to be a part of Star Citizen. She's just dripping with insecurity because she knows she doesn't do anything productive while the coders and artists have likely been crunching for months.

RuckusRouser
Sep 28, 2015

Theres a lot of close ups of landing gear

D_Smart posted:

This is the woman who, after our investigations yielded lie after lie after lie about her credentials, was playing whack-a-mole with my investigators data mining her LinkedIn profile (it was a Gold mine of bullshit - we have ALL of them archived). Each time something showed up in my blog, she'd write up a new one and kill the previous. Last we checked, she's up to #4 now.

Derek, can you give us imgur links to her old LinkedIn profiles, her tirade really got me interested, tia

Laserpig
Jul 13, 2013

I am not credible.

D_Smart posted:

When you consider all the degreed engineers and staff working on this project, and even Chris who has a bona fide degree - which she DOES NOT possess, you have to ask if she really was high in that exchange. Nothing else explains it.

This exchange pretty much validates most - if not all - of the things that were told to The Escapist about her.

You are not credible.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Then you, as owner/proprietor of the SOMETHINGAWFUL website really should start making up spaceships, newsvans and rickshaws and making the images available on the SOMETHINGAWFUL website for purchase at respectable but expensive prices.

I would buy a somethingawful rickshaw.

Would The King Warrior's Magic Revenge get a full release if I did?

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NajwAMLn3o

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

D_Smart posted:

Checkmate, Sandi! D Smizzle has now got you by the short and curleys balls somethings.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I'm Spartacus NOT CREDIBLE!

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Laserpig posted:

You are not credible.

Yeah? Well your AV says you are not credible, so you saying he's not credible actually makes him credible! I am Laserpig - behold my logic!

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

I like how they consider grabby hands to be a key feature and not at all just an interesting hack someone did using the default Cryengine prop grabbing from Crysis that won't at all be completely scrapped, because the network can't handle everything the game demands and putting prop physics replication on top of it all is just too much. Do they really think that the game will be able to do everything they claim it will over vast 64-bit space yet still allow players to flip a physics coin that other players can see and not have that poo poo be laggy/janky to high heaven?

I'm interested to see just what exactly they are all working on in any meaningful way because I bet you a bunch of key stuff like trading and mining either aren't being worked on or are obsolete/incompatible with the latest branch.

Justin Tyme fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Jan 6, 2016

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Laserpig posted:

You are not credible.

don't argue with derek it takes the thread all kinds of strange places

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Woah if this is correct than Star Citizen will only miss their release date by 4 years...get hype!

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

don't argue with derek it takes the thread all kinds of strange places

I didn't always believe derek but now that cig has validated he has a source and sandi had a minor meltdown I'm 100% team derek

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

quote:

char creation: 50% (only because devs are talking about it -- we have little to no real evidence)

I estimate the game is at...... never coming out%

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Romes128 posted:

I didn't always believe derek but now that cig has validated he has a source and sandi had a minor meltdown I'm 100% team derek

No no, but you see CIG is not a credible source either for providing that validation, because of something something GF almost died due to car accident something something, women drivers lol amirite? /Laserpig

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

I think someone referenced this several pages back while I was catching up...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EC4WHPxnrk

Why does it sound like Gary Oldman is shouting his lines to me from the other side of an auditorium? I didn't think it was possible to have both the face of an actor and him doing the lines and somehow make it seem completely phony, but there they are.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Agrajag posted:

thats a mask for one of those sleep apnea machines

Yeah this. I've got one...but mine is a little cup for my nose. This dude has a freaking scuba mask. Sheesh.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

Why does it sound like Gary Oldman is shouting his lines to me from the other side of an auditorium? I didn't think it was possible to have both the face of an actor and him doing the lines and somehow make it seem completely phony, but there they are.

Because Chris wills it.

Laserpig
Jul 13, 2013

I am not credible.

CrazyLoon posted:

No no, but you see CIG is not a credible source either for providing that validation, because of something something GF almost died due to car accident something something, women drivers lol amirite? /Laserpig

Exactly!

Which is why we'll all just have to continue to speculate and wait for when the release date is (not) announced.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1OPXjKIErM&t=204s

:gary::gary::yarg:

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

I'm more concerned about his giant rear end forehead.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Madcosby posted:

I call VP of Marketing

I want to be hobo Santa. That seems like a good job for someone who doesn't give a gently caress.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Why are they all terrified to look into the camera. Lollll

Fuckin nerds.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

HKS posted:

Do these videos show him typing and editing code, or are they just of him saying that he worked on 'this'?

At this point I don't think I believe Chris Roberts knows anything about computers, I don't even believe he made Wing Commander 1 besides tell some ideas to his programming friends.

Yes, it's actually him pecking away in visual studio and using the editor to test it out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=165H_5jgE5g

He claims credit for the original physics and skeleton animation attachment code.

It really explains a lot.

e: They actually look at the "Falling through the floor" problem that's still ingame today. That video is from July. Yeaaaa.
e2: ROFL it also has the "You can just mash use from outside a ship and have it still put you in the pilot's seat." bug, which is also still there.
This is the part that Chris specifically says that he's working on.

Gwaihir fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Jan 6, 2016

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
I wonder how they feel about Star Wars laser cannons and turbolasers.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustri...thing-but-laser

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Matlock Birthmark posted:

I want to be hobo Santa. That seems like a good job for someone who doesn't give a gently caress.

Can I be derek smarts source for when this all goes tits up?

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
It's been a hard hundred pages or so.

We've lost Looish and Octopode. Karl has dialled back his hit and run shitposting. Laserpig had a wobble but we're all back in the knitting circle now.

Lowtax is our star ascendant while DSmart is almost lost to us, only roused by an email from Sandi.

Something big has to happen soon. When is the next ship sale?

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Mirificus posted:

I wonder how they feel about Star Wars laser cannons and turbolasers.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustri...thing-but-laser

I bet he poo poo himself in a fit of rage when darth emo caught that laser blast in the new star wars movie.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bait and Swatch posted:

Or this one

I am the sweet fanny pack

To be fair to that guy, that's basically the typical look of the people who go visit Kennedy Space Center.

They even have an Angry Birds themed ride there, so I can't hate him for wearing a SC shirt to that place like a nerd.

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

In case anyone was wondering, you can indeed get banned for what you post off-site.

I'd like to extend my thanks to Sandi and Patrick for being so forthright and polite with me. At first I was a little worried I wouldn't see anything beyond an automated response, but then an anonymous CS rep helped me out, followed by Sandi herself, and then when Sandi couldn't provide the necessary information Patrick was kind enough to clarify.

I hope you guys find the attached conversation as enlightening as I did.

wow. I mean..eh..ah..

wow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

TTerrible posted:

It's been a hard hundred pages or so.

We've lost Looish and Octopode. Karl has dialled back his hit and run shitposting. Laserpig had a wobble but we're all back in the knitting circle now.

Lowtax is our star ascendant while DSmart is almost lost to us, only roused by an email from Sandi.

Something big has to happen soon. When is the next ship sale?

we're all waiting with bated breath for ~wave five~

• Locked thread