Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
A stretched Insolent Children Hoodie. I totally would buy it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

By "it begins" I assume people mean Max's fractured arm begins breaking because Isabel grabbed it, hence Max's expression?

drat, everyone's really impressed with his heroics in the Hitball game. Isabel looks pretty worried for him. Then again I guess he's being taken away with a mysterious, hostile spirit who's completing some kind of plan, so concern is probably warranted.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Johhny began seeing spirits, dude.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Max, allow me to explain everything directly into that inconspicuous flower on your chest.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

MonsieurChoc posted:

I eagerly await the card game tournament arc.

Max's spirit is basically already a Yugioh card.

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

Dolash posted:

By "it begins" I assume people mean Max's fractured arm begins breaking because Isabel grabbed it, hence Max's expression?

drat, everyone's really impressed with his heroics in the Hitball game. Isabel looks pretty worried for him. Then again I guess he's being taken away with a mysterious, hostile spirit who's completing some kind of plan, so concern is probably warranted.

She's grabbing his other arm I think.

As an observation Isabel's concern is probably compounded by her recent trauma with the heroic sacrifice of a certain cool book.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Your way works too posted:

She's grabbing his other arm I think.

As an observation Isabel's concern is probably compounded by her recent trauma with the heroic sacrifice of a certain cool book.

Oh, boo.

And oh, good point.

Last Visible Dog
Jul 30, 2015

SlothfulCobra posted:

Max, allow me to explain everything directly into that inconspicuous flower on your chest.

Oh, speaking of that flower...
I remember noticing it was missing from the previous page. Looks like Zack went back and added it in, though.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
It's be neat if everyone's first spirit is a doctopus. Not because doctopi are special or anything, it just always seems to work out that way.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
For a reason I first read that in the sense of pokemon as their starter partner ghost.

What kinda powers would a doctopus give you anyways.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Kyte posted:

For a reason I first read that in the sense of pokemon as their starter partner ghost.

What kinda powers would a doctopus give you anyways.

Painkilling, naturally. Although apparently not healing, and if you're not lucky it might be one of those "take on their pain as your own" deals.

Although if you could make yourself immune to pain at times that could be useful. Pain's actually pretty important so you wouldn't want to suppress it all the time, but a ghost-busting spectral agent could probably use it.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Dolash posted:

Although if you could make yourself immune to pain at times that could be useful. Pain's actually pretty important so you wouldn't want to suppress it all the time, but a ghost-busting spectral agent could probably use it.

That would be cool if only so we could have someone say "Doktopus, turn off my pain inhibitors" at a dramatic moment

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Suaimhneas posted:

That would be cool if only so we could have someone say "Doktopus, turn off my pain inhibitors" at a dramatic moment

Max's back!

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!
I'm looking forward to Stephen's theorizing when Johnny tells them about seeing shades.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

The Mentalizer posted:

I'm looking forward to Stephen's theorizing when Johnny tells them about seeing shades.

It's going to turn out that Stephen has been a legit spectral this whole time and everyone just thought he was coo-coo.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Countblanc posted:

It's going to turn out that Stephen has been a legit spectral this whole time and everyone just thought he was coo-coo.

Oh, it would be the best if all of Johnny's crew were already spectrals and they completely no-sell it when he tells them.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
These sights Johnny sees just get freakier and freakier.

cell
Nov 25, 2003

The more Johnny the better.

Countblanc posted:

Lizardmen or manlizards?

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
New Paranatural update!

http://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-5-page-88/

I honestly don't know if Spender is the best or worst teacher. Probably worst.

Lt. Lizard fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Jan 6, 2016

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

everything about lucifer's design owns

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I do enjoy the way the spirits paint up the place all funky-like when the Spectral goes to talk to them. The shadow monster just outside the window is a nice touch.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Lt. Lizard posted:

New Paranatural update!

http://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-5-page-71/

He seems insufferable but I do get that he's struggling to make school entertaining in some way.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Lt. Lizard posted:

New Paranatural update!

Not a big deal because I'm sure everyone has the site bookmarked or can just click the 'newest' button but did you mean to link page 71 and not page 88 which is the newest?

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I see Zack has stopped drawing that stupid-looking fringe for Spender's hair and moved to something more sensible-looking.

VerdantSquire
Jul 1, 2014

Oh god, Spender is that teacher. The kind that calls homework "funsheets" and makes cringeworthy references to modern society in an attempt to be "hip with the kids". Somehow, I'm not surprised at all.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lt. Lizard posted:

New Paranatural update!

Spender, are you sure that's the metaphor you want to go with?

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Mazerunner posted:

Not a big deal because I'm sure everyone has the site bookmarked or can just click the 'newest' button but did you mean to link page 71 and not page 88 which is the newest?

Thanks, fixed. I have no idea how I managed that!

Also I made up my mind. Spender is the best teacher, unless you end up in his class, or otherwise has to actually teach you, then he is the worst.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Brannock posted:

I see Zack has stopped drawing that stupid-looking fringe for Spender's hair and moved to something more sensible-looking.

That's how he relaxes. Some people loosen their ties or untuck their shirts. Spender messes with his hair.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

VerdantSquire posted:

Oh god, Spender is that teacher. The kind that calls homework "funsheets" and makes cringeworthy references to modern society in an attempt to be "hip with the kids". Somehow, I'm not surprised at all.

Spender is incredibly cool, and powerful.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
Imperialism: Oops, my bad.

RabidWeasel fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Jan 6, 2016

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

Countblanc posted:

Spender is incredibly cool, and powerful.

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo
I can't wait to eat food.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Oh, hey, double update.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Be fair now, Lucifer. Some people benefit from a visual aid when analyzing a problem.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I like the way Lucifer's text flickers.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

How old is Isaac? Could the storm god thing have happened 13 years ago?

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Sworn to dedicate my heart and soul to the restoration of human kind!

neogeo0823 posted:

How old is Isaac? Could the storm god thing have happened 13 years ago?

The strength and reflexes of a 12-year old child!?

You joke.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Well drat. There goes my "possessed at birth" theory. Unless it was "possessed in the womb"????

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

neogeo0823 posted:

Well drat. There goes my "possessed at birth" theory. Unless it was "possessed in the womb"????
Isaac got loving Naruto'd. It'd be just like Spender to do something so anime, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Spender is handing out a Funsheet on War Atrocities.

Thanks Spender. Thpender.