Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
I've had sexual encounters that lasted longer.

However they were just about as exciting as this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Oil of Paris posted:

Yah. After the last couple, I looked up that epic fuckin Tetris video from last year just to remind myself why I liked this dumb event
HL2 was pretty good. These last two were boring though.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

OatmealRaisin posted:

yeah but he doesn't have a run so who cares. it's not like he's using the hotel's connection

I was thinking he was using the hotel's connection which I think is the reason for the rule

but I don't care either way I like all the drama

the Gaffe
Jul 4, 2011

you gotta believe dawg

Looper posted:

is gdq really that dramatic? how easy is it to get blacklisted?

Apparently poo poo has gotten super strict with the rise of money they've been raising. Probably some attempt at maintaining a 'family friendly'event in all controllable aspects. If you do something on stream they don't approve of you basically get kicked out, as well as doing anything off-camera like getting drunk and causing a scene.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
to the IRC crew reading the thread:

cuck

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Audience looks dazzled

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

Oil of Paris posted:

Yah. After the last couple, I looked up that epic fuckin Tetris video from last year just to remind myself why I liked this dumb event

Could they not get the F-Zero guy again? That run was ridiculous.

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007

Eonwe posted:

but I don't care either way I like all the drama

God yeah it's the good poo poo.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

the Gaffe posted:

Apparently poo poo has gotten super strict with the rise of money they've been raising. Probably some attempt at maintaining a 'family friendly' in all controllable aspects. If you do something on stream they don't approve of you basically get kicked out, as well as doing anything off-camera like getting drunk and causing a scene.

you can gently caress a speedrunner's wife at the venue and get invited back multiple times to speedrun though

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
The crowd swells to 12.

e: Aw yeah, this is my jam. Be quiet announcer guy.

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Eonwe posted:

you can gently caress a speedrunner's wife at the venue and get invited back multiple times to speedrun though

Link to the video with the donation pls

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!

Eonwe posted:

I hope whoever did that did a speedrun on the wife and commented on how what tactics he was using to glitch his way to the end.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Schurik posted:

Link to the video with the donation pls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06rW7LSUQ80

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

I hope whoever did that did a speedrun on the wife and commented on how what tactics he was using to glitch his way to the end.

same

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

It all fell apart when the bucket didn't work.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

Zivilyn Bane posted:

The crowd swells to 12.

They should invite a bunch of homeless people into the room. Gotta be warmer than outside, the room couldnt smell any worse and the crackheads will probably get hype.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

just got to the part of HL2 where he stands up and smacks his friend with the pillow he was sitting on

please ban sweatpants gdq

the Gaffe
Jul 4, 2011

you gotta believe dawg

Eonwe posted:

i said all controllable aspects no one can control gently caress machine banjo kazooie man

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

the Gaffe posted:

Apparently poo poo has gotten super strict with the rise of money they've been raising. Probably some attempt at maintaining a 'family friendly'event in all controllable aspects. If you do something on stream they don't approve of you basically get kicked out, as well as doing anything off-camera like getting drunk and causing a scene.

So thats why its empty in there. Bring in an open bar and multiple booths and that I'd be up in that poo poo.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

Eonwe posted:

I don't think the other guy was a speedrunner. Didn't they just play Pokemon and Mario Kart for like a month straight?

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Did Alien Swarm finish?

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

As someone who actually played Alien Swarm when it was new that run was pretty cool, gently caress you guys :colbert:

idk what has changed with the game (i dont remember there being jump packs or emotes) but tons of poo poo can kill you super easily despite how easy they made it look

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

You could spend days picking apart the minute face changes in this video, it's so great

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

the tolki%

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
Nothing beats axiom verge huuhhhh huuhhh breathing

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

the Gaffe posted:

i said all controllable aspects no one can control gently caress machine banjo kazooie man

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

:drat: that gave me chest pains.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

The couch guy with the blanket :laffo:

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost

TERRIBLE SHITLORD posted:

Could they not get the F-Zero guy again? That run was ridiculous.

That would be good. also if they stopped doing coop mode on so many vids bc it looks like hot poo poo

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.

Indecisive posted:

As someone who actually played Alien Swarm when it was new that run was pretty cool, gently caress you guys :colbert:

idk what has changed with the game (i dont remember there being jump packs or emotes) but tons of poo poo can kill you super easily despite how easy they made it look

Also hell of friendly fire, but they made flamethrower and grenade launcher spam look easy

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Indecisive posted:

Alien Swarm was fun with friends :)

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

theultimo posted:

Nothing beats axiom verge huuhhhh huuhhh breathing

*touches face*

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H50nqenYMDM

this one is pretty good too

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

CubicalSucrose posted:

I don't think the other guy was a speedrunner. Didn't they just play Pokemon and Mario Kart for like a month straight?

Pretty much yeah. They got married and then spent basically the equivalent of a honeymoon marathoning Pokemon shortly afterward. At least one of them was on-stream at a time.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

What was that first song they played after Alien Swarm?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
the out of bounds stuff and glitching stuff is really a lot more boring than the being good at game kind of stuff though so this one sucks

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

The game looks so good when it's not set to potato quality :(

Run owns already though

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Okay now we're talking

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Already impressed by this runner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

TERRIBLE SHITLORD posted:

:drat: that gave me chest pains.

http://pastebin.com/6JmhEriM

here is the pastebin

i like the part where stiv tells the husband whose wife he just hosed what a special lady she is and not to take her for granted

• Locked thread