Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The notification badge, at least, hovers above the app icon and moves in parallax unless you turned off motion, so that's not just you. There might be an additional eye thing going on, too, though, because I see it with reds, also. Probably something to do with different rods or cones in one eye versus the other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Oh no I don't mean the movement. Just the appearance of how certain reds "pop" on that screen. Yeah, you see it too. :)

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

# 342 on the list of Things I Find Super Annoying After Upgrading from a 4S to 6S:

When I adjust the volume while watching a video, I hate how the translucent volume square pops up in the middle of the screen. When I had my lovely 4S, it never popped up since there's already a volume bar on the bottom and because it's loving common sense to not block the video.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Butt Savage posted:

I would only buy saddle brown if my phone had a white face, otherwise black on black 4 lyfe. :frogc00l:

Dark colors like brown and black leather is the only ones that should mix with black

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Those insane stretch marks came with it, I wonder what magnificent life this cow led. It looked almost zebra like when I first purchased it.

Those stretch marks look cool. Here's mine, my stretch marks look much less pleasing, but it's just a cosmetic ~*~unique snowflake~*~ thing, so I'll live.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

How are the edges on your cases not darker?

DAMN NIGGA
Aug 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but : I have a 5 and and a 6 from Verizon that I don't use that I want to give away to a friend on T-Mobile. Would any of them work? I remember hearing that at least the 5 on Verizon was unlocked, but I'm not sure. They're both SIMcard phones (non-cdma?) I'm guessing. Thanks.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Hi drat NIGGA, both phones are CDMA but will still work

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

The Verizon 5 won't get LTE on T-Mobile, just HPSA+, just so you know and don't think something is broken. The 6 would be just fine.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The 6 will work perfectly with just a SIM swap.

The 5 will work, but won't have LTE and will have limited 3G since it lacks the AWS band, so it might not be the most useful for your friend.

DAMN NIGGA
Aug 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Awesome, thanks. Just to be 100% we would just need to swap SIMs correct? No need to talk to Verizon or T-Mobile (already have the correct size card)?

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

drat NIGGA posted:

Awesome, thanks. Just to be 100% we would just need to swap SIMs correct? No need to talk to Verizon or T-Mobile (already have the correct size card)?

Yeah, you're good, just put the card in the phone.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Depths posted:

Dark colors like brown and black leather is the only ones that should mix with black

Orange silicon is the best.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!
Ya know, I'm really enjoying the contrast from the black edge of the phone with the leather case. It was kind of jarring at first, but I like it now. It's a little something different, is how I view it. Black on black looks great to me and always will but it lacks soul and character.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

kitten smoothie posted:

Yeah, you're good, just put the card in the phone.
Provided it's the same size, of course.

smackfu posted:

Orange silicon is the best.
:hfive:

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
you're a loving loser if you don't love the black leather case above the rest

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

noirstronaut posted:

you're a loving loser if you don't love the black leather case above the rest

Can we shake on the fact that black but also brown are the only choices and laugh very rudely at the silicone case users?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

As long as we can all point and laugh at the people who use screen protectors.

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

Midnight blue

Froist
Jun 6, 2004

I went for the Rose Grey like an idiot because I wanted it to more closely match my white iPhone.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

So according to this thread.

The best case is

1) Saddle Brown

2) Black or Midnight Blue

3) possibly Orange Silicon?

Here's my question for the thread... What about just putting a skin on it? I hear that's what all the cool you tubers do.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

LionArcher posted:

So according to this thread.

The best case is

1) Saddle Brown

2) Black or Midnight Blue

3) possibly Orange Silicon?

Here's my question for the thread... What about just putting a skin on it? I hear that's what all the cool you tubers do.

Get a skin and then put the Saddle Brown leather case on it.

Skins are really only good for adding grip and preserving the finish (considering you cover the edges, which are typically the biggest wear and tear spots.)

The Apple leather cases are popular because they cover all the bases: slim & light, perfect fitment, added grip, gentle microfiber interior won't damage the finish, doesn't collect/trap dirt, and looks great. There's also the bonus perk of negating the camera bump, so the phone sits flat on a table.

The one con is, it makes edge gestures a little more cumbersome due to the lip. Swiping is fine, but Force Touch multitasking ends up being more hassle than it's worth.

I'm a big fan of the iPhone 6 aesthetic and initially disliked the idea of covering it in a case, but I like it wrapped in the leather case even more.

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
White phone Saddle Brown
Black Phone Black Leather

This is not rocket science guys!

I got a standard brown one for cheap during a sale and am seriously contemplating switching to saddle brown.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

I will say that I had my Orange Silicone case described as salmon.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

enojy posted:

The one con is, it makes edge gestures a little more cumbersome due to the lip. Swiping is fine, but Force Touch multitasking ends up being more hassle than it's worth.
I don't have a problem with this at all. Once again orange silicone reigns supreme.

Rexim
Jun 2, 2006

I wants flies in on a dragons, okay?
Well, while we're talking about cases...I've been thinking lately, what do I put on my phone if I'm solely concerned with screen shattering? like I don't care if the back of the phone gets scuffed or scratched. Would a screen protector alone prevent shattering if the phone is dropped? (probably not)

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

enojy posted:

I didn't even know about Force Touch multitasking. But I did notice it seems to cause some apps to get confused, like PAD will sometimes require you to hold your finger on things in the left column for longer than normal to get the normal functionality. Pretty weird.

Also just discovered the Reachability thing, I kept triggering it by accident and I was wondering what was up with that.

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011
Hey guys.

I've got an iPhone™ 5S and I threw a tempered glass screen protector that I bought like three of for two bucks online.

Well, as inevitably happens, I dropped my phone and now there's a hairline crack through the screen protector. Took it off and my actual screen is fine. I'm heading home at the end of the day and throwing on another 2 dollar screen protector to keep my $500 phone safe.

Just wanted to share that story and make sure you're all using screen protectors!

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

uninterrupted posted:

Hey guys.

I've got an iPhone™ 5S and I threw a tempered glass screen protector that I bought like three of for two bucks online.

Well, as inevitably happens, I dropped my phone and now there's a hairline crack through the screen protector. Took it off and my actual screen is fine. I'm heading home at the end of the day and throwing on another 2 dollar screen protector to keep my $500 phone safe.

Just wanted to share that story and make sure you're all using screen protectors!

The result that you achieved was not at all influenced by the screen protector.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rexim posted:

Well, while we're talking about cases...I've been thinking lately, what do I put on my phone if I'm solely concerned with screen shattering? like I don't care if the back of the phone gets scuffed or scratched. Would a screen protector alone prevent shattering if the phone is dropped? (probably not)
Shattered screens can happen a lot of ways and there's really no way to say any measure will prevent it. A drop to the corner could easily lead to a shattered screen.

uninterrupted posted:

Hey guys.

That's cool now drop it in the exact same way without the protector to prove it would have shattered without it there.

fourwood
Sep 9, 2001

Damn I'll bring them to their knees.
:ssh: confirmation bias is a wonderful thing.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

The worst part of your plebian leather cases is not being able to see that beautiful gold finish. You are all terrible people for covering it up. Clear Case Crew here.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

The worst part of your plebian leather cases is not being able to see that beautiful gold finish. You are all terrible people for covering it up. Clear Case Crew here.

Ah yes, the Ex Machina look :barf:

Unity Gain
Sep 15, 2007

dancing blue

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Can we shake on the fact that black but also brown are the only choices and laugh very rudely at the silicone case users?

<:mad:>

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Mine is Space Gray, the poor successor to Slate Gray.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I miss solid black glass iPhones.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
I'm so glad I am not the only one with the 3D red text thing.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Rubiks Pubes posted:

I'm so glad I am not the only one with the 3D red text thing.

Nice!!! A fellow seer.

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx

Rexim posted:

Increasing the grip of the phone is probably the most sure-fire way to reduce the chances of the screen shattering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

the panacea posted:

White phone Saddle Brown
Black Phone Black Leather

This is not rocket science guys!

I got a standard brown one for cheap during a sale and am seriously contemplating switching to saddle brown.

I think you're on to something here. Drawing from automotive interior design, I think it's also fairly safe to say that black phone + red case would also work.