Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Robert Analog posted:

Skits are fine but they need to be on a separate track. TDE has the shittiest album formatting I've ever seen. These Days, Oxymoron, 90059, and TPaB were all victims of this poo poo, either 2 songs on one track or skits in the beginning/middle/end of a song, or having to hear "I remember you was conflicted..." every other track. Both Summertime '06 and Tetsuo & Youth stood out for being well put together albums, both in content and presentation.

I don't know what TDE has on Kendrick, Ab and Jay but they seem like the shittiest management in the rap game right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Kenshin posted:

I am happily ignorant of those, and will concede the point. :v:

You've never listened to Ready to Die?

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Henchman of Santa posted:

You've never listened to Ready to Die?

I did not get into hip-hop until the mid-2000s and thus my exposure to earlier hip-hop has been more in individual tracks than in full albums.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
somebody dug up metro boomin's myspace from 8 years ago. http://www.kanyetothe.com/forum/index.php?topic=4123689.0

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Kenshin posted:

I did not get into hip-hop until the mid-2000s and thus my exposure to earlier hip-hop has been more in individual tracks than in full albums.

COME ON KENSHIN COME THE gently caress ON

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

No, the worst ones are obese men pretending to gently caress somebody (see Notorious B.I.G., Big Pun)

i heard rozay talking about some girl wrapping her legs around him in one of his new songs recently and my eyebrow arched up to the moon

i know he slimmed down but man,

so loving future posted:

abu boomin motherfucker

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Kenshin posted:

Man I'm only 23. Classics are the classics for a reason. If it was like Grandmaster Flash I'd understand but how do you avoid Biggie?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Crumbletron posted:

i heard rozay talking about some girl wrapping her legs around him in one of his new songs recently and my eyebrow arched up to the moon

i know he slimmed down but man,

Bronson calling himself the image of sex on Baby Blue is the most unnerving line of 2015.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Man I'm only 23. Classics are the classics for a reason. If it was like Grandmaster Flash I'd understand but how do you avoid Biggie?
Avoid is a strong term. Haven't gotten around to? Never really thought about it?

I like metal too but I don't go back and listen to all of Judas Priest's albums that came out when I a kid.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

COME ON KENSHIN COME THE gently caress ON

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot
he's too busy listening akala guys

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Kenshin posted:

Jesus christ

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Marching Powder posted:

somebody dug up metro boomin's myspace from 8 years ago. http://www.kanyetothe.com/forum/index.php?topic=4123689.0

whewww there's still hope for my second career as a producer

asap-salafi
May 5, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Kenshin posted:

lmao

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Kenshin posted:

I like metal too but I don't go back and listen to all of Judas Priest's albums that came out when I a kid.

I did. It's an important frame of reference. I'm sure we all have embarrassing albums that we've never listened (I'm the guy who's never listened to The Chronic) to but Ready to Die (and at least a couple of Priest albums) are way up there.

Also hip-hop was a thing for 15 years before that album. That's like calling Led Zeppelin early rock and roll.

Henchman of Santa fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Jan 5, 2016

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Robert Analog posted:

Skits are fine but they need to be on a separate track.

This for gently caress sake

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Also hip-hop was a thing for 15 years before that album. That's like calling Led Zeppelin early rock and roll.
earlier as in before I started listening to the genre actively, not early. I'm well aware of how far back these things go.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

Wezlar posted:

Method Man has the best skit ever. TORTURE MOTHERFUCKER

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHVGNvA8Yo4

This 100000 times....my buddies and I would listen to this on the way to work and just loving bug out each and every time.

We'd even be at work and come with our own "i'll......"

It's like MUHHHFUCKIN UHHHHHH but back in the early 2000's.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Any rap recorded BC (before chingy) is garbage

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLC-XO3u6qw dreezy's good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMBEE4vJYew so is dej loaf

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
The worst skit is that 3 part one from Speaker Knockerz(Rest In Peace)

GZA Genius
Jan 29, 2009

This loving album and its god drat skits

e; I love this album, but the skits and intros make it so hard to enjoy all the way through

GZA Genius fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Jan 6, 2016

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
post the best method man songs other than da rockwilder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1CP0Q4TxIE

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Jan 6, 2016

Brent87
Nov 7, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCYy8jpp7R8 i bomb automically, socrates philosophies and hypoth..oh wait.

GZA Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Post your favorite U-God tracks

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Professor Funk posted:

post the best method man songs other than da rockwilder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaRG0ukxYqQ

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
jesus christ have people in this thread never heard the chronic or ready to die? gently caress this place lol

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

ol yeller posted:

jesus christ have people in this thread never heard the chronic or ready to die? gently caress this place lol

I skip the Biggie sex noises every time sorry

Incorrect Username
Feb 21, 2011

GZA Genius posted:

This loving album and its god drat skits

e; I love this album, but the skits and intros make it so hard to enjoy all the way through

including the intro to party crasher, there is literally a moment on this album with three skits in a row lmao

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Imagine a Kool Keith album without the sketches :mrwhite:

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Imagine a Kool Keith album without the sketches :mrwhite:

Yeah this is the best skit/intro and its not particularly close

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSacCUQW0vI

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

HoneyBoy posted:

I skip the Biggie sex noises every time sorry

look at this non pickle juice sipper right here

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

The royal penis is clean your highness.

Incorrect Username
Feb 21, 2011
honestly stankonia had some great skits

"they say a comprulu can do my job? well maybe I can drat do it!"

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
i always laughed Ghostface's "Bad Mouth Kid" skit on Fishscale

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
my favorite recent skits are all from future's tapes. doin it for the 'gram

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

power botton posted:

The royal penis is clean your highness.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

At first they was pimps, man.
Then they was some aliens, some genies or some poo poo.
Then they be talking bout that black rights in space, man.
Whatever. gently caress them, I ain’t fuckin’ with them no mo’.

sky hiiiiigh.... sky hiiiigh

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

the poorly mixed skit/outro on Killa Cam that's like 10dB louder than the track is the worst of all time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

ol yeller posted:

I listened to Ready to Die yesterday but skipped the sex noises.