Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Ruggington posted:

I'm lying in bed right now and I'm still jealous of comfy couch man

I've retreated to my layzboy in my living room with the stream on my TV, snuggie as gently caress right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
can you get pieces with the jetpack, i forget

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

So, I'm tuning in late - is there any reason why he's running it on (presumably) a toaster? Because my PC is a good few years old, resolutely mid-range and can handle it at 60fps, 1080p, ultra+ detail. It's really well optimized and gorgeous looking, none of the popup we're seeing here.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lol, that crate stack

wowzerz

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
This game is one of the best puzzle games I've played, highly recommended. As mentioned, it also looks really good when set to better graphic options.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Zivilyn Bane posted:

Why is everyone in *GDQ so set on 'kill the animals'? Such bias. :colbert:

Nerds have no empathy :geno:

Dominic White posted:

So, I'm tuning in late - is there any reason why he's running it on (presumably) a toaster? Because my PC is a good few years old, resolutely mid-range and can handle it at 60fps, 1080p, ultra+ detail. It's really well optimized and gorgeous looking, none of the popup we're seeing here.

MAXIMUM FPS.

Also I like your avatar.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Obviously I can't really tell from the run; is the philosophy shown in this game insufferable or does it actually manage to be interesting?

Not that it really matters since I'm a hopeless idiot when it comes to puzzles.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Dominic White posted:

Because coders are lazy, physics is often based off your framerate.

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
like it seems like grabbing that thing would be a speedrunners dream, just grab every piece at once

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Cute sword in the stone.

Junkozeyne
Feb 13, 2012

Dominic White posted:

FPS dependent platforming (like 400+ high)

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Dominic White posted:

Some tricks require insanely high FPS, so he's said, and also something about a 3 year old laptop.

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Internet Kraken posted:

Obviously I can't really tell from the run; is the philosophy shown in this game insufferable or does it actually manage to be interesting?

It's a variation on a theme that's become overused in sci-fi in the last couple years, but it's really good and actually relies on the player, you know, thinking about things. I really enjoyed it.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
That box on the mine, daaamn.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Junkozeyne posted:

FPS dependent platforming (like 400+ high)

The irony being that whatever he's doing to churn out 400fps is wreaking hell on their video capture setup so it's chugging along at sub-30 for us with vertical tear.

But thanks, at least I know.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

HoneyBoy posted:

This game has good sounds

It's incredibly relaxing to listen to in the background.

Every time I watch that Tomba 2 video I feel more and more sorry for the talkative guy :( he's just a bit (a lot) socially inept and just wanted to be friends. I mean I feel sorry for the runner too but he didn't have to be that much of a dick.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
poor guy sounds like he needs a glass of water. still an hour of talking left

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Take a shot every time a donation contains the word "destroyed."

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

TERRIBLE SHITLORD posted:

Every time I watch that Tomba 2 video I feel more and more sorry for the talkative guy :( he's just a bit (a lot) socially inept and just wanted to be friends. I mean I feel sorry for the runner too but he didn't have to be that much of a dick.

Pretty sure that talkative guy was a massive creep from his twitter.

Or was that someone else? With the "im so lonely" and bringing condoms and stuff?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Internet Kraken posted:

It varies. There's a set of audio logs that this guy is totally avoiding that are really tedious exposition and musing about philosophy.

But the rest of the plot (mostly told through the computer terminals he's also ignoring) is pretty cool.

The DLC is even better about that because it actually has a bunch of different characters you interact with through the terminals.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Zivilyn Bane posted:

Take a shot every time a donation contains the word "destroyed."

Or Germany

Or Cancer

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

For a community dependent on sometimes sub-second timing you would think there would be a better system than the guy shouting "now!" for someone else to mash the stopwatch button.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

drunken officeparty posted:

For a community dependent on sometimes sub-second timing you would think there would be a better system than the guy shouting "now!" for someone else to mash the stopwatch button.

They had a foot pedal at SGDQ but people kept loving it up.

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007
I'm going to follow this man on Twitch. I may never actually watch any of his streams, or maybe one day I'll see he's live and go "yeah that was a good run, I'll watch some of this"

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

That trick was rad as hell.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

drat this run is ridiculous

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
That jump off the recorded jump was just nuts.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
That amazing trick is a good point for me to jump off for the night. Good luck chill dude destroying this game.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

drunken officeparty posted:

Most of the runs aren't aiming for WR pace, so they don't need to be precise. And for any that might make WR they just go back and time the video itself anyway, so the on screen timer just has to be "close enough."

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Yo that slap was no joke!

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD
This seems like a game I would pull my loving hair out trying to legitimately finish. It took me long enough to beat the Portal and Deponia games. My face would be buried in a walkthrough half the time defeating the point of everything.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
No don't hurt him :ohdear:

bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

Production: Complete
Nice, meaty sounding slap.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

They had a foot pedal at SGDQ but people kept loving it up.

Half of it is that even if they were doing it themselves (correctly), it's still riding on stuff like "when the crosshair appears" which is pretty inaccurate. Do they not have programs that can hook into the game and do it automatically at precise times.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

snugman had to get up and slap the dude

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
that guy has just been on the couch to stay snug and slap a dude

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
This dude is literally teleporting.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

TERRIBLE SHITLORD posted:

This seems like a game I would pull my loving hair out trying to legitimately finish. It took me long enough to beat the Portal and Deponia games. My face would be buried in a walkthrough half the time defeating the point of everything.

It gets seriously tough. I solved all the regular puzzles myself eventually but I had to use guides for some of the stars because that poo poo gets insane.

I can't believe they made comfy blanket guy get up.

El Golden Goose
Jul 23, 2007
How can he slap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
haha holy gently caress this workaround

• Locked thread