Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

My coworker bought an occulus and he says its cool and he went to tgs just to look at the occulus booth and then went home immediately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Al! posted:

genuinely this would actually be the best option if they wanted to actually get VR off the ground

agreed, tons of people would make this huge mistake

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Knuc U Kinte posted:

My coworker bought an occulus and he says its cool and he went to tgs just to look at the occulus booth and then went home immediately.

im excited for the possibilities of the occulus

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Liver Disaster posted:

agreed, tons of people would make this huge mistake

liver disaster that's about how much the oculus will cost

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Al! posted:

liver disaster that's about how much the oculus will cost

i just meant in the way of 'people will buy just about anything on payments if they can'
yeah its all gonna be expensive, but todays not a day for taking things seriously

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Knuc U Kinte posted:

smart coworker; i'd avoid the poo poo out of the tgs crowd, too.

i'm gonna try to go to tgs this year

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Phone posted:

smart coworker; i'd avoid the poo poo out of the tgs crowd, too.

i'm gonna try to go to tgs this year

The crowd is really bad...I got there early but hosed up and decided to withdraw some cash to buy swag...took me an hour to find a machine and the place was packed out by then. I didn't even end up buying anything.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
great. it was like 250k people in attendance, too?

I'm gonna see if I can get in with a press badge (and actually "work" taking pictures and video). you're in tokyo/saitama, right?

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

kalstrams posted:

volvo have added front facing camera to latest prototype of their vr helmet
wait what?
are they just gonna supply a vr helmet in their cars and have like a load of cameras around it? that'd be legit

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Awia posted:

wait what?
are they just gonna supply a vr helmet in their cars and have like a load of cameras around it? that'd be legit

I think that's autocorrect for valve

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

hurr duur

that'd still be cool though

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Okc8Bn0zVwM

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Al! posted:

I think that's autocorrect for valve

it's not autocorrect, it's meme

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

VOLVO GIVE DIRETIDE ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

loving lol at 1:13

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Pinterest Mom posted:

VOLVO GIVE DIRETIDE ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
for reference

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?

Knuc U Kinte posted:

In the forum where it's normal to request someone ends their own life for liking the wrong kind of computer accessory, what sets me apart as a psychopath?

you say you like phantom pain even though it has an optional hot babe in a bikini costume and also the end features kiefer popping up to say bazinga at the player

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

kalstrams posted:

for reference

when someone in the grey forums pointed out that people were spamming volvo's facebook, they were probated because a mod got pissed off that people were repeating reddit memes on sa

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

but this is a facebook meme :confused:

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
the meme of calling valve volvo. the mod thought the guy was talking about valve when he was talking about volvo. he got probated for posting a completely 100% true statement in the most inoffensive and straight forward way possible.

but thats standard for grey forums

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer
really wish my moderators were up to date on the latest memes

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

angry_keebler posted:

you say you like phantom pain even though it has an optional hot babe in a bikini costume and also the end features kiefer popping up to say bazinga at the player

Haha.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
smythe is up to date with the only memes that matter, chome and lomarf

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
how the gently caress did I own The Talos Principle for a year without playing it? It's loving good

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Gus Hobbleton posted:

the meme of calling valve volvo. the mod thought the guy was talking about valve when he was talking about volvo. he got probated for posting a completely 100% true statement in the most inoffensive and straight forward way possible.

but thats standard for grey forums
smdh

ahmeni posted:

really wish my moderators were up to date on the latest memes

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Al! posted:

lol love the price brinksmanship that VR is doing right now. wonder if oculus can do preorders without announcing he price
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-01-06-oculus-rift-pre-orders-open-today-and-you-wont-be-charged-for-them

quote:

Oculus Rift pre-orders open today at 4pm GMT and you won't be charged for reserving one of the virtual reality headsets until they ship. Think of it as getting in line.

"Rift pre-orders are different from most of the games industry," said Rift inventor and Oculus figurehead Palmer Luckey on Twitter. "You don't get charged until we ship - no deposit lock-in, no bonus pressure."

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

im now really, really interested in the price of the rift. is it ritual sacrifice of the goat on everest summit?

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

3 more hours until they will not-announce a price and shipping date and still "sell out" of preorders

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
MGSV was my 2015 GOTY until Cibele dropped. Omg that game :3:

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

Katana Gomai posted:

3 more hours until they will not-announce a price and shipping date and still "sell out" of preorders

remember when you said it was vaporware? you should buy me one for reading all your bad opinions

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
also why does everyone write "occulus", are you unfamiliar with both english and latin

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

oh my god the prophecy was true

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Blackula69 posted:

also why does everyone write "occulus", are you unfamiliar with both english and latin

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Blackula69 posted:

remember when you said it was vaporware? you should buy me one for reading all your bad opinions

the original kinect set a consumer electronics sales record

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Blackula69 posted:

it's vaporware until you can walk to best buy and grab one off the shelf. that's not going to happen in 2016.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

that's not what vaporware is

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Sony didn't talk at all about vr last night and now oculus is taking preorders without announcing how much you will pay for them

what is going on, seriously

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

ok, this is cool but it makes me a bit more nervous about the price now too

well, hour and a half until their site shits itself

Katana Gomai posted:

it's vaporware until you can walk to best buy and grab one off the shelf. that's not going to happen in 2016.

why's it gotta be in a brick and mortar store to not be vaporware

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

isnt vaporwave the steam cookers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
jonny made the vapeware

• Locked thread