Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I just like Ron and will follow him to the death. Which probably won't be too long.

I miss Fez.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
I enjoy missing Fez a lot more than hearing him on the show. It's better this way.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I agree with both of those statements

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

JFC posted:

I enjoy missing Fez a lot more than hearing him on the show. It's better this way.

I think we have the best Fez right now: appearing only when something has gone wrong in his life, and without all the deluded baggage and bullshit with him being unable to talk or do anything except holding a table down and sway back-and-forth. It's not like he brought the BL Insanity constantly enough to be worth the cash.

Plus, I like the fact that for all of his bitching and complaining on the show about various things making him sick that he's gotten worse after quitting the show. Not that I wish him any ill-will, but he was loving intolerable when he would get on the cross to bitch and whine about everything. He's that sort of messed-up that gets old quick when you have to deal with it but is funny when you can hear it secondhand.

How many times do you think Ron just lets the Fez calls go to voicemail?

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

How many times do you think Ron just lets the Fez calls go to voicemail?

He probably always answers but half the time he does the "husbandy" thing of just saying "uh-huh", "hmmm", "I don't know, that's weird", and listening for an actual question he needs to answer, all while he's watching tv, cooking blue apron, or walking around the city.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

JFC posted:

He probably always answers but half the time he does the "husbandy" thing of just saying "uh-huh", "hmmm", "I don't know, that's weird", and listening for an actual question he needs to answer, all while he's watching tv, cooking blue apron, or walking around the city.

That's probably five times out of six. The other time is Ron just actively loving with him for his own enjoyment.

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9P4uohBk9Nk

O&J discuss Ant's weekend hijinx

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Dario the Wop posted:

O&J discuss Ant's weekend hijinx

quote:

Published on Jan 4, 2016
They talk a little about the 12/01 Opie vs. Jim fight too... Once they start talking about Psy it's pretty much done

:barf:

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.
Sherrod is clueless as always.

SegwayPimp
Sep 13, 2015
I was just listening to Ant's show a minute ago and I paused it to click on that O&A vid from today to hear their take. But as soon as I heard Sherrods voice I had to stop listening...Is it worth sitting through?

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.

SegwayPimp posted:

I was just listening to Ant's show a minute ago and I paused it to click on that O&A vid from today to hear their take. But as soon as I heard Sherrods voice I had to stop listening...Is it worth sitting through?

No.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

SegwayPimp posted:

Not really. Aside from Jimmy's Raging Bull joke, the only interesting thing is Jimmy calling Ant out for his alcoholism a little bit.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
It's weird that they're talking like Ant beating up his girlfriend is something that happened to Ant, and not something Ant did. Unless it's clear now that she was making it up or something, I don't know.

Tevryr
Dec 5, 2009

Keg posted:

It's weird that they're talking like Ant beating up his girlfriend is something that happened to Ant, and not something Ant did. Unless it's clear now that she was making it up or something, I don't know.

It seems really solid that it was nonsense just based off the fact you can hear Ant with what must be like 20-30 feet away pleading as her hand hits her face. Stuff could have happened earlier or later, but that's a really good tell on crazy drama. #stopputtingurweinerininsanedesperatechicksant

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

Anthony wore mommy's shoes.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

Keg posted:

Jim seemed open to the fact that Ant might've actually harmed her. Ant doesn't exactly have healthy coping skills and Jim seems very dim on where Ant's drinking is taking him.

burmart
Sep 14, 2002

10,000 Cunts
Has Ronnie ever divulged what the super awkward Christmas present he got from Fez was?

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

burmart posted:

Has Ronnie ever divulged what the super awkward Christmas present he got from Fez was?

Let's let the man himself tell it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRgF5DJtqIE

Pretty interesting listening to this again - Ron snapping at Chris, everyone generally miserable. Just a completely different show than today.

AndrewP fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Jan 6, 2016

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

AndrewP posted:

Pretty interesting listening to this again - Ron snapping at Chris, everyone generally miserable. Just a completely different show than today.

It's because Fez was toxic as all hell: unable to speak, too afraid to do anything, becoming consumed with sexuality and his phobias and health issues. It must have taken a few years off of Ron's life as well because he had to watch his friend just vanish and then run the show completely on his own, only to have Fez flip out because suddenly it's not 'his' show anymore. It must have been hell on earth.

It's simply amazing how much has changed for O&A and Ron & Fez over the last three years. One is medically retired and still faring poorly, another is fired and is slowly going down the drain, and everybody is dealing with the drama of it in one way or another.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
I think the real question is: has Ronnie ever divulged the NYE story that he would always dangle over Fezzie's head about Fez getting "inappropriate with a kid?"

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

AndrewP posted:

I tend to re-listen to these shows every couple of months, but I don't remember Ron snapping at Chrys. Mind reminding me what happened (I'd listen to it now, but I'm heading to bed. Wouldn't mind waking up to an answer :shobon:)

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Hicks was having a bad production day and coming back from break, Hicks went with an off-menu rejoiner music choice. Apparently Ron wanted to go more inside the box for music when they made the switch.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
I thought Ron snapped at Hicks because he asked if Fez was in love with Ron, but that may have been a different Fez breakdown moment.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

Cory Lidle posted:

I think the real question is: has Ronnie ever divulged the NYE story that he would always dangle over Fezzie's head about Fez getting "inappropriate with a kid?"

Did you call in on Tuesday? Because someone called to ask this very question

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

How Much Art posted:

Wow, that's nuts. That wasn't me. Did Ronnie answer or just kinda blow it off?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

What happened in Tampa...Fez?

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

How Much Art posted:

Cory Lidle posted:

Wow, that's nuts. That wasn't me. Did Ronnie answer or just kinda blow it off?

Jesus, this wasn't just a slam on Fez's gayness, but something that actually happened in real life? :gonk:

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Is that the story about Fez getting sober after he got blasted and hit on an underage relative at a family party?

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
Jesus loving Christ Ant. :stare: :stare: :stare:

https://www.reddit.com/r/opieandanthony/comments/3zqly0/oh_anthony_how_long_before_you_delete_this/

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Oh what the gently caress Ant

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I love the O&A subreddit. "He really is human garbage." Reply to that: "Period." A joke on how Opie says 'period' a lot and is mocked for it, I like it. But the next one owns: "She hasn't even had hers yet."

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent

Apoplexy posted:

I love the O&A subreddit.
I lurk there everyday. It's replaced the show for me. It's morbidly fascinating.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon
Lol at reading reddit in the year 2015

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Good thing we're in 2016, you pathetic internet tribalist.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

Lol at reading reddit in the year 2015

Yeah because who would know more about flash in the pan communities more than goons!

Also yeah I check the reddit almost daily. Only thing that annoys me is how powerful / significant they think they are.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
They're significant enough to have Opie wrapped around their finger. That's pretty funny, if for no other reason than to show just how pathetic and infantile Opie is.

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

I am posting on somethingawful.com in 2016.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Call Me Charlie posted:

Is that the story about Fez getting sober after he got blasted and hit on an underage relative at a family party?

Oh geez, that's disgusting. I'm glad he's the only one--

:gonk:

What the gently caress is wrong with these people? loving hell.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Well, Ant has always had enough money to attract young girls so he's never had to develop the usual 'WELL IF THEY DON'T WANT ME I DON'T EVEN WANT THEM ANYWAY!!! :(' mentality that 99% of men have when it comes to underaged poon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Reddit shaming is so 2015

• Locked thread