Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
It's half Chandra so it costs another 2 on principle.

Girl's got expensive taste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Press A to Protect Earth!
LRR's spoiler card.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Frozen_flame posted:

LRR's spoiler card.

Pretty good given it can turn Ulamog into not a problem.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Entropic posted:

I like this card mainly because the name is fun to say.

Do you want to counter this? Thought not.

Also Turn to Elephant is silly, I like it.

Deckit
Sep 1, 2012

Isn't Jace a mind reader? He's smiling in that picture. :smugdog:

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Count Bleck posted:

Pretty good given it can turn Ulamog into not a problem.

you uh

you are aware this isn't actually pongify and is awful instead, right?

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

It took me an embarrassingly long time to realize what the jace and sorin art is from.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Elyv posted:

you uh

you are aware this isn't actually pongify and is awful instead, right?

Well Pognify wouldn't work on Ulamog anyway, so checkmate.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
I like it because the 3/3 is enough of a body that it might be worth using early as an offensive combat trick in addition to being an Ulamog killer. That's a pretty decent amount of utility for one mana.

That flying sac dude is actually pretty busted since in addition to being a baseline 2/1 flyer for 2, it's also an uncounterable edict. I'm noticing a lot of the Eldrazi coming from the next set have been building towards a pretty good Aristocrats deck, but with a focus on on-cast abilities and a lot of CMC 4 dudes that wouldn't play well with Collected Company. It will be interesting to see where the deck goes in the future.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Seems like a bad sideboard card for limited with good Kev Walker art.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

It's a hedron lantern.

How cute.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Seems very decent for common colorless ramp.

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.

Frozen_flame posted:

LRR's spoiler card.

It's like Pognify or rapid hybridization minus the part that made those remotely playable (i.e. they permanently dealt with the problem).

It'll still be a fine combat trick in limited, but there's no constructed usability here at all.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

Frozen_flame posted:

LRR's spoiler card.

but why elephant? that feels so green to me its like blue just robbed greens color pie for an until EOT beast within. I mean I know its not that but elephant?

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Dungeon Ecology posted:

but why elephant? that feels so green to me its like blue just robbed greens color pie for an until EOT beast within. I mean I know its not that but elephant?
Nostalgia for Terastodon the last time we were on Zendikar.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Dungeon Ecology posted:

When it's temporary it could frankly be anything really.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Rinkles posted:

When it's temporary it could frankly be anything really.

So it would be red?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Ramos posted:

So it would be red?

Because?

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Angry Grimace posted:

"So, uh, Jace, I heard you're heading to Innistrad."

So are we Kickstarting this playmat or what?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
This is a weird set, but there are so many cards that look like they'll have some eternal playability that I think I can safely say I like it

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Zoness posted:

This 4/4 non-flash non-self targetting split clique seems really nice:

Probably a better 4-drop than Cletus in modern or something.

I like the look of the eldrazi much more in this set.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Zoness posted:

This 4/4 non-flash non-self targetting split clique seems really nice:

Probably a better 4-drop than Cletus in modern or something.

Isn't this closer to the coolest Tidehollow Sculler ever?

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
They said I could become anything so I became an anime character

The problem I'm imagining with a new Nahiri card is that her mechanical identity is still almost assuredly "Equipment Matters Planeswalker."

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Angry Grimace posted:

The problem I'm imagining with a new Nahiri card is that her mechanical identity is still almost assuredly "Equipment Matters Planeswalker."

Are you saying you don't think it's cool that Stoneforge Mystic was so powerful they decided to make the progenitor of that school of mysticism an important plot character?

Because it's pretty cool.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Wizards can't catch a break.

cheetah7071 posted:

it is

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Angry Grimace posted:

I would take this art than 99% of what they have done this year.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

Are you saying you don't think it's cool that Stoneforge Mystic was so powerful they decided to make the progenitor of that school of mysticism an important plot character?

"The Lithomancer" is mentioned in the flavor articles(not uncharted realms, which didn't exist) that set up ROE as the one who made the hedrons, so it predated Stoneforge being great.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Rinkles posted:

Because?

Maro went on for a while there about how red could do anything as long as it was temporary. He quickly dropped that when things like temporary red enchantment removal came up.

GoutPatrol posted:

I would take this art than 99% of what they have done this year.

:yeah:

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
I wonder if getting his very own spoiler article was part of the deal where they demanded that SaffronOlive remove all of the metagame data he legally compiled from MTGO.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Elyv posted:

"The Lithomancer" is mentioned in the flavor articles(not uncharted realms, which didn't exist) that set up ROE as the one who made the hedrons, so it predated Stoneforge being great.

The art on the (commander) planeswalker card was practically a straight up trace of the original creature. (blah blah traditional attire blah it's the same person)

Booklegger
Aug 2, 2008

Angry Grimace posted:

I wonder if getting his very own spoiler article was part of the deal where they demanded that SaffronOlive remove all of the metagame data he legally compiled from MTGO.

I don't understand at all why wizards hated on public access to that information. Even if you accept the "solve the format too fast" argument, (I don't but w/e), that can't / shouldn't matter for eternal formats that aren't going to be so trivially solvable.

Makes me want to :tinfoil: up a conspiracy.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Elyv posted:

They didn't say anything about the Lithomancer other than that they existed and helped seal the Eldrazi. The Lithomancer being Stoneforge Mystic was likely decided later.

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Booklegger posted:

I don't understand at all why wizards hated on public access to that information. Even if you accept the "solve the format too fast" argument, (I don't but w/e), that can't / shouldn't matter for eternal formats that aren't going to be so trivially solvable.

Makes me want to :tinfoil: up a conspiracy.

Can't someone else do it or have they plugged the data leak? Given how knee-jerk Magic fans are I'm surprised no-one got angry and made their own version.

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

Ramos posted:

Maro went on for a while there about how red could do anything as long as it was temporary. He quickly dropped that when things like temporary red enchantment removal came up.

Zealous Conscripts, checkmate

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Barry Shitpeas posted:

Zealous Conscripts, checkmate

That doesn't remove an enchantment, for, say, something like moat.

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe
Chaos Warp. :smug:

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

Zoness posted:

That doesn't remove an enchantment, for, say, something like moat.

That's true but it works for every Moat variant printed in the last 20 years or so

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Lancelot posted:

Can't someone else do it or have they plugged the data leak? Given how knee-jerk Magic fans are I'm surprised no-one got angry and made their own version.

I didn't follow it back then, but reading the statements it seems entirely voluntarily on SaffronOlive's side, and I guess that WotC can at least detect massive data gathering on this scale (to sanction anyone trying the same). Otherwise all this would be pointless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

The Real Foogla posted:

I didn't follow it back then, but reading the statements it seems entirely voluntarily on SaffronOlive's side, and I guess that WotC can at least detect massive data gathering on this scale (to sanction anyone trying the same). Otherwise all this would be pointless.

Ah, yeah, tracked down a reddit thread where mtggoldfish said:

Goldfish posted:

The matchup statistics were gathered via Magic Online replays. Wizards can easily block access to this data by either blocking bot access to replays, or removing replays altogether. I would rather remove the data (which we did) rather than having the Magic Online team divert resources to block access to the data (instead of developing and improving Magic Online), or worse yet, everyone losing the ability to watch replays altogether. Either way, Wizards can block this data since Magic Online is the source.

• Locked thread