Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Death and Taxes will step up now that they dont have any competition maybe.

Hardcore raiding for world first is a dying ideal anyways. With how games are made these days and newer generation not growing up with the same awfulness we had to deal with back in the day. Just look at wow. There are only two guilds that really push for world first. Used to be a lot more years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Mr. Nice! posted:

Grand company turn ins. Use the seals to buy poo poo to sell. Normal quality items for GC turnins are almost always dirt loving cheap and you can usually find HQ ones that aren't bad either.

Until the 50s, anyway. Yesterday every single thing the Flames wanted was five figures on the market board for NQ and six figures for HQ.

I bought the NQs. :negative:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Thundarr posted:

Until the 50s, anyway. Yesterday every single thing the Flames wanted was five figures on the market board for NQ and six figures for HQ.

I bought the NQs. :negative:

That's only for some of the mats. Also a lot of those items are available at ishgard vendors. Might be 1k a pop or so, but it's there. Additionally, you can just throw on some normal quality gathering gear (usually dirt cheap on the market board) and just go scoop those expensive ones up yourself.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
Can Roegadames have facial hair?

https://youtu.be/Itn5vRrK_lQ

Smart Car
Mar 31, 2011

Everyone can have that beard, it was for sale from an NPC during the Christmas event.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

Can Roegadames have facial hair?

https://youtu.be/Itn5vRrK_lQ

That's not even a roe or a dame.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Belzac posted:

That's not even a roe or a dame.

O great master of perception, my deepest thanks for turning thine gaze upon that which my blind eyes could not see.

I play a 'dame.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
I don't know what you're talking about but I'm pretty sure that's a male elezan. Or is that the joke? I don't know even know. Can you explain your joke to us?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Belzac posted:

I don't know what you're talking about but I'm pretty sure that's a male elezan. Or is that the joke? I don't know even know. Can you explain your joke to us?

He was asking if the beard in the video could be used on a roegadame.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.
This answers so many of my questions about Belzac....

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
It never occurred to me someone would have a legitimate question about a glam that 50% of idllyshire is wearing.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Belzac posted:

It never occurred to me someone would have a legitimate question about a glam that 50% of idllyshire is wearing.

Hempen pantalettes?

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum
The Orchestrion is confirmed for Patch 3.2. I look forward to 24/7 Pa Paya inside whatever we're calling PBC's house now. (Is it still a DOOM HOUSE? I don't remember.)

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Xenoveritas posted:

The Orchestrion is confirmed for Patch 3.2. I look forward to 24/7 Pa Paya inside whatever we're calling PBC's house now. (Is it still a DOOM HOUSE? I don't remember.)
img-timeline

this was announced during the live letter on the 23rd

how do you even move around in this game without constantly holding RMB down what is wrong with you people

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum
Strictly speaking the new information is that it changes the BGM for everyone in the house (but not in private rooms or the workshop). Before it was unclear if it was a personal jukebox or something everyone "got" to hear.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Smart Car posted:

Everyone can have that beard, it was for sale from an NPC during the Christmas event.

Thanks for the quick answer BTW! I haven't seen it yet, took some time away from the game while I was traveling to see family - will I have to wait for next Christmas to get my own? :(

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

petrification posing photobombed by a catboy

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Final Fantasy XIV: my personality was purely garbage

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

Thanks for the quick answer BTW! I haven't seen it yet, took some time away from the game while I was traveling to see family - will I have to wait for next Christmas to get my own? :(

Probably. Worse, though, you're probably going to have to pay real money for it since they don't repeat seasonal quest rewards.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

The beard wasn't a quest reward though, was it? I only got reindeer stuff and didn't know there was a beard and now I'm mad (except I have a beard so whatever really)

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

dromal phrenia posted:

The beard wasn't a quest reward though, was it? I only got reindeer stuff and didn't know there was a beard and now I'm mad (except I have a beard so whatever really)
The beard and the beard+santahat were from a seasonal vendor nearby, I think?

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c
Always gotta check for vendors around events. Otherwise you miss out on stuff like the Paissa Doll.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
My wife and I have decided to come back after a 2 year hiatus. The first couple of days I logged in and pretty much was just overwhelmed by not knowing what to do, but after baby steps of re-learning and figuring out what to do next, I'm having a blast again. We're on Famfrit if there's any goons around. Joined a random FC that sent me a tell. My character's name is Keh Ma and I'm a 50 WHM.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Antlions posted:

Always gotta check for vendors around events. Otherwise you miss out on stuff like the Paissa Doll.

Yeah, it seems to be unavailable now.

The cash shop wouldn't be the worst thing in the world... It's my first time... oh god

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Droid Washington posted:

My wife and I have decided to come back after a 2 year hiatus. The first couple of days I logged in and pretty much was just overwhelmed by not knowing what to do, but after baby steps of re-learning and figuring out what to do next, I'm having a blast again. We're on Famfrit if there's any goons around. Joined a random FC that sent me a tell. My character's name is Keh Ma and I'm a 50 WHM.

There's a list of goon guilds in the OP. That being said, you two should server transfer over to Excalibur; I'm sure Third Party Tools or one of the other two goon guilds would love to have you.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Ambaire posted:

There's a list of goon guilds in the OP. That being said, you two should server transfer over to Excalibur; I'm sure Third Party Tools or one of the other two goon guilds would love to have you.

This is a good idea. Thanks!

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

Yeah, it seems to be unavailable now.

The cash shop wouldn't be the worst thing in the world... It's my first time... oh god

You got the achievement for doing the rest of the 2015 Christmas stuff, right? That being said, you could probably buy them from the Calamity Salvager once they add the items. I think they usually do it that way- the Seasonal Achievement acts as the unlock.

Now we just have to wait and see how long it'll take to add them.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I've seen people in FC chat asking for others to come join them in the guild house while they craft.

Why is that? Is there some kind of buff they're triggering?

now entering North Dakota
Feb 22, 2013

Fun Shoe

Aphrodite posted:

I've seen people in FC chat asking for others to come join them in the guild house while they craft.

The only thing I can think of is that crafting Airship parts requires 4 crafters in a party in the workshop.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Dunatis Ishmael posted:

The only thing I can think of is that crafting Airship parts requires 4 crafters in a party in the workshop.

This is also the case for any other FC craft, such as the rank 3 buffs, which makes them mildly inconvenient if you're in the sort of FC that doesn't constantly have three bored crafters available.

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum
Can't you conceptually use any crafter, they don't have to be an FC member? I seem to recall that when they created this feature one of the theories was that you could use the Party Finder to get crafters if necessary.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

Aphrodite posted:

It's a pain to hunt someone down to give them the finished item, and you can only send mail to people on your friends list.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Xenoveritas posted:

Can't you conceptually use any crafter, they don't have to be an FC member? I seem to recall that when they created this feature one of the theories was that you could use the Party Finder to get crafters if necessary.

Yes, though in practice this will be much more inconvenient than just waiting on FC members most of the time.

It's mostly just an inconvenience for very small FCs, or ones where few members bothered to level to crafting classes so you occasionally have nobody available who is high enough level to toss an Adamantite Nugget or whatever into the warp core.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
This isn't an issue in any goon FC, btw. If you're not on Excalibur, it's worth the transfer. If you're on excal and not in one of the three without some really good reason, you're missing out. Even if you're not in a goon FC you can surely get in a linkshell or two. I know goons have a poo poo reputation in eve and other games, but the people I've played with are nothing short of awesome. Thanks for being generally fun people to play a stupid game with.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
Confirming, FFXIV goons are good people and will hook you up too.

nightonthesun
Apr 23, 2002

armoredgorilla posted:

Confirming, FFXIV goons are good people and will hook you up too.

Thirding this! Third Party Tools is awesome and helpful. Unfortunately, my account may be down for up to 5 days while they retroactively apply my Recruit-a-Friend bonus.
:negative:

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I guess I can't speak for all the goon guilds since I've only been in DGKK (I think? <Ho> is the tag) but it's easily the most relaxed, most helpful and least annoying guild I've ever been in, Goon or otherwise. People are constantly volunteering to help, no primadonna bullshit, banter is usually funny and not endless spams of forum memes and poo poo... without the goon guild I don't think I'd be nearly as interested in continuing to play the game. It's refreshing to play a MMO with people that aren't actively creating drama or being (the not-funny kind of) stupid.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

dromal phrenia posted:

I guess I can't speak for all the goon guilds since I've only been in DGKK (I think? <Ho> is the tag) but it's easily the most relaxed, most helpful and least annoying guild I've ever been in, Goon or otherwise. People are constantly volunteering to help, no primadonna bullshit, banter is usually funny and not endless spams of forum memes and poo poo... without the goon guild I don't think I'd be nearly as interested in continuing to play the game. It's refreshing to play a MMO with people that aren't actively creating drama or being (the not-funny kind of) stupid.

I'm in DGKK too and yeah, it's a great and helpful place. Especially if you're a newbie doing stuff for the very first time, people are usually really eager to help you out and save you from having to learn something new with pubbies.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It's weird how the communities from game to game vary so wildly too, goon or otherwise. FFXIV is the best community I've been a part of since some of the older MMOs like EQ and DAoC in terms of helpful, genuinely nice people. (Of course it probably also varies by server.) One of the things I like about this game so much is that it has a pretty good sense of community and less of a "gently caress you, got mine" attitude that is so prevalent in many modern games. It's just the general atmosphere the game exudes I think, which influences the players (or maybe attracts a certain type of player).

P.S. I just transferred over to Excalibur. I registered on FFGoons and am all set there, but I don't remember how to search by players online in a certain FC to ask for an invite.

LuckyCat fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Jan 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
DGKK and PBC are both in the Goblet ward 1 (goblet west is the aetheryte iirc). TPT Is in Mist Ward 5 plot 19 (seagaze markets aetheryte). You can go to the respective houses and apply there.

• Locked thread