Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Bogan Krkic posted:

It is illegal in England isn't it? Or at least a breach of the FA's rules or whatever

According to Wikipedia, the source of all things true, it is banned in the Premier League. I don't know if it affects the lower leagues.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third-party_ownership_in_association_football

Wasn't a global ban on third party ownership supposed to take place in 2015? What happened to that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

FIFA died in 2015, rip

e. that ban was why west ham paid lots of money to sheffield united after tevez got them relegated

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

trem_two posted:

Not a surprise at all, but Kevin Prince Boateng officially joined Milan today.

does that mean that they fixed all the racism in Italy?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Bogan Krkic posted:

It is illegal in England isn't it? Or at least a breach of the FA's rules or whatever

It's why William Carvalho didn't end up in England, when everyone was certain Arsenal were in for him

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity

Brony Car posted:

Wasn't a global ban on third party ownership supposed to take place in 2015? What happened to that?

It did happen. Twente was just banned for 3 years, for not giving a gently caress

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/dutch-club-banned-european-football-three-years-084216206--spt.html

I think the ones who are already in such a situation (like Cerci) got time to sort it out though. At least the Twente news mentioned it was punished, after it was proven they did the deal after the decision was taken, to ban third party ownership.

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?
Norwegian defender Niklas Gunnarsson is on his way to Hibernians according to Edinburgh News.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

MrBling posted:

does that mean that they fixed all the racism in Italy?

Yes, now begins the Islamic takeover.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Hertha Berlin are gonna sign Bayerns youngster Sinan Kurt.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
I'm sure he'll be a great Sinan for them

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Guardiola should go to Leeds United.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Have Lanensra signed anyone yet?

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Blackbum have signed Elliot Bennett from Norwich he's a good injury prone lad and I hope he does well for Lambert's Rovers

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013

Blue Star Error posted:

Blackbum have signed Elliot Bennett from Norwich he's a good injury prone lad and I hope he does well for Lambert's Rovers

me too i believe in lambert

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Boy it sure is great to hear that United are "on alert" over Bale. I sure hope they spend yet another transfer window putting in incremental bids and not focusing on players they can actually sign.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

Der Shovel posted:

Boy it sure is great to hear that United are "on alert" over Bale. I sure hope they spend yet another transfer window putting in incremental bids and not focusing on players they can actually sign.
I was just reading Zidane's comments about how Bale "will get all the love and support he needs" or something like that. Which is great because I'm terrified of United buying Bale tbh, I think he would annihilate every back line in the prem and win 10 games a season by himself.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Hoops posted:

I was just reading Zidane's comments about how Bale "will get all the love and support he needs" or something like that. Which is great because I'm terrified of United buying Bale tbh, I think he would annihilate every back line in the prem and win 10 games a season by himself.

I'd absolutely love to see Bale at United, but I just can't see it happening.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

Der Shovel posted:

I'd absolutely love to see Bale at United, but I just can't see it happening.
I can see it happening at some point. Ed Woodward keeps half arseing bids and loving about horribly, but if the United board get really scared and say "he's our one target, 120m euros and £300k a week" then there's no reason it won't. He's won the CL and scored a winner in the Clasico, if Madrid won the league this season or next then he might be perfectly willing to come back to Britain, and United very much have the money to afford it. If they move Rooney on summer 2017 then they'll replace him with some kind of megastar forward.

Hoops fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Jan 6, 2016

Arquebus
Feb 19, 2013
In thrilling A-League backup goalkeeper news, Dean Bouzanis to Melbourne City and Tando Velaphi to unemployment is a Done Deal.

Think Bouzanis was meant to be the next great thing at some point, obviously hasn't really worked out for him at 25.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Hoops posted:

I can see it happening at some point. Ed Woodward keeps half arseing bids and loving about horribly, but if the United board get really scared and say "he's our one target, 120m euros and £300k a week" then there's no reason it won't. He's won the CL and scored a winner in the Clasico, if Madrid won the league this season or next then he might be perfectly willing to come back to Britain, and United very much have the money to afford it. If they move Rooney on summer 2017 then they'll replace him with some kind of megastar forward.

I agree though if it's summer 2018 I'd revise those figures to 150m euros and £500k a week.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Arquebus posted:

In thrilling A-League backup goalkeeper news, Dean Bouzanis to Melbourne City and Tando Velaphi to unemployment is a Done Deal.

Think Bouzanis was meant to be the next great thing at some point, obviously hasn't really worked out for him at 25.

Tando is on his way to the J-League apparently. Bouzanis was regarded as the best u21 keeper in the world or something when he was at Liverpool but it turns out he actually sucks

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Bogan Krkic posted:

Tando is on his way to the J-League apparently. Bouzanis was regarded as the best u21 keeper in the world or something when he was at Liverpool but it turns out he actually sucks

We ruin keepers.

Seriously Pepe has been the only reliable keeper we've had in like twenty years.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Apparently Crystal Palace is in hard for Babacar. I will melt the gently caress down if this happens.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

So is this El Neny chap any good?

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007

Scientastic posted:

So is this El Neny chap any good?

He looks like a good replacement for Arteta. Will probably play second fiddle to Coquelin when he's fit again, but he's got a good right foot, distributes well from deep and has good pace and power going forward. Mostly though, really good value in today's football marketplace.

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:
Derby have signed Blackman from Reading for a cheeky £2.5m. Not a bad deal for us since he's only been good for us this season so far and he'd have been off for a free in the summer imo. Too bad we won't score any more goals now though

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Andre Le Fuckface posted:

Derby have signed Blackman from Reading for a cheeky £2.5m. Not a bad deal for us since he's only been good for us this season so far and he'd have been off for a free in the summer imo. Too bad we won't score any more goals now though

Has he not got a name?

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

The Big Taff Man posted:

Has he not got a name?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

corpuscollossus posted:

He looks like a good replacement for Arteta. Will probably play second fiddle to Coquelin when he's fit again, but he's got a good right foot, distributes well from deep and has good pace and power going forward. Mostly though, really good value in today's football marketplace.

Did you watch him at Basel?

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007

blue footed boobie posted:

Only a game against Liverpool in the CL. Can't say he stood out.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

corpuscollossus posted:

Only a game against Liverpool in the CL. Can't say he stood out.

He's a defensive midfielder, that's a good thing. I've heard a lot of positive things about him and that he has traits very similar to Coquelin, though Elneny could be a better passer. I think he'll be a great addition and will provide much needed competition.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

blue footed boobie posted:

I've seen him play for Basel a couple of times, but that doesn't really give me any indication of his quality, because it's the loving Axpo Super League. His performances here are about as indicative as those of a striker scoring 30 goals per season in the Dutch league.

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

What does Palemri's twitter have to say regarding the rumors I've seen of my boy Hector Herrera making his way to Napoli?

Broletariat
Nov 14, 2014
Elneny looks more like an Arteta replacement / Ramsey partner to me. Which we do seem to need right now.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Ciprian Maricon posted:

What does Palemri's twitter have to say regarding the rumors I've seen of my boy Hector Herrera making his way to Napoli?

Napoli's small tranfer offer for Herrera rebuffed. Porto want to hold onto Mexican duo of Herrera and Layun for title push unless big money comes in. Interest from Villareal is growing.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Didn't see it posted, but Marko Gruijic to Liverpool is a done deal:

Sent back on loan to Red Star Belgrade

edit: also the Guardian are reporting that the Grabara lad has signed for £250,000 but I'm not seeing that anywhere else so it's not bolded.

EvilHawk fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Jan 6, 2016

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
I heard that hairy forearms were a side effects of excessive PED use.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Lot 49 posted:

I heard that hairy forearms were a side effects of excessive PED use.

Or being a Serbian

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
Or generally swarthy.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Spurs are apparently signing a 17 year old striker from a non-league team.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jan/06/tottenham-hotspur-shilow-tracey-ebbsfleet-

quote:

Tottenham Hotspur are on the verge of signing teenager Shilow Tracey from Ebbsfleet United. The 17-year-old was invited for a trial in October and travelled with the club’s under-18s to play at the IMG Cup in Florida last month.
Tracey scored twice in victories over Jacksonville Armada and Baltimore Celtic, leaving Spurs suitably impressed to open talks with Ebbsfleet over a permanent move. Tracey is expected to seal his switch by the end of the week.

It is believed Ebbsfleet have been pleased with Tottenham’s handling of the transfer and the Vanarama National League South side are keen to maintain a close relationship between the clubs.

Tracey is comfortable playing either in central midfield or further forward behind a striker, although he has only featured once for Fleet’s first team.

The deal would continue Tottenham’s policy of putting trust in young talent following the success of players like Harry Kane, Dele Alli, Eric Dier, Ryan Mason and Nabil Bentaleb under Mauricio Pochettino. Ebbsfleet, however, play five tiers below the Premier League and Tracey is likely to stay with Spurs’ academy for the rest of the campaign.

Tottenham’s priority in the transfer window remains adding another striker to provide cover for Kane, who has played in all but one of the club’s 27 games this season. One reported target was the Marseille forward Michy Batshuayi but any hopes of a January switch look to have ended after the Belgian signed a new contract with the French side until 2020.

I'm sure he'll do a Dele Alli and be super good right away. Or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
Debuchy not going to West Brom, it seems.

http://www.espn.co.uk/soccer/story/2781302/west-brom-will-not-sign-arsenal-defender-mathieu-debuchy

• Locked thread