Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread
Time for some SC fan fic blurbs, I call this getting cucked in the 'verse, written by "The White Knight"

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/310405/dear-diary

"Dear Diary,

After years of saving money and flying that fifty year old turd of an Aurora I have saved up enough funds to purchase a brand new ship. I am so excited. Things are really looking up for me. Yeah, my fiancé went off with that bastard pirate Bartholomew Jack a few months ago but I’m over it. She torched my pad, took my dog, and stole my guitar but I’m not going to talk about that anymore. It’s a New Year. I’m going to move the picture of her from the nightstand to the bathroom counter. Progress I tell you. I refuse to huddle on my bed in a fetal position and cry myself to sleep anymore. Today, I buy a new ship."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

D_Smart posted:

I am hearing (this morning) that yesterday wasn't a good day in the office once she got wind (someone supposedly told her about my tweet) that Beer had made the exchange public.

Is there such a thing as a good day in that office?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

also lol: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=Oculus+Rift&_sop=10

big nipples big life fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Jan 6, 2016

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

G0RF posted:

Hey Beer:

Your email uploads to Imgur were the greatest gift to this thread since Chris' disastrous live-stream gameplay experience. But since they are rasterized, it makes it difficult to excerpt and quote. Any chance you could paste them as text files into this thread? The word cloud opportunities alone boggle the mind.

I would advise against it. Aside from the fact that it would be a LOT of work to edit 50+ pages to remove header information. And just doing a copy pasta is going to ruin the integrity of the data as it can then be easily manipulated. Maybe export to PDF, then run OCR on it? I think Foxit PDF does that.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Eonwe posted:

I've been slacking so bad

http://forums.somethingawful.com/misc.php?action=whoposted&threadid=3748466

gently caress yes, I made the cut. Best thread ever.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Berious posted:

Much worse, it's a bone controller. Even if they could only knock off $20 without the controller it'd be nice at that price point.

The bone controller is good provided you never have to use the shoulder buttons.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Moogle posted:

What the hell is up with these fanatics; it's not like they have 72 virgins waiting for them.

... The limit is 16.

:golfclap:

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

D_Smart posted:

I am hearing (this morning) that yesterday wasn't a good day in the office once she got wind (someone supposedly told her about my tweet) that Beer had made the exchange public.
Sounds like it's time for another employee purge, Sandi!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Moogle posted:

What the hell is up with these fanatics; it's not like they have 72 virgins waiting for them.

... The limit is 16.

This is an excellent post

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Is there such a thing as a good day in that office?
Maybe when she's not there, like that day she was at the Reagan Presidential Library?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Derek you should really update the OP with some of this stuff.

Good idea. Will do that tonight.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Ash1138 posted:

Maybe when she's not there, like that day she was at the Reagan Presidential Library?

Or during her many not-a-vacations.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Ugh, here. Everyone have a laugh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRlKUj0c5sY

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
CIG employees have a generous benefit package. It's double most other places. Their own vacation days and every vacation day Sandi takes

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Romes128 posted:

There's a spec page and a compatibility checker on the site. Gave me a negative for my USB 3.0 ports though. Lol

I mean the specs of the headset, like are they doing one large panel or two? What res are the panels? what is the pixel density etc

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Moogle posted:

... The limit is 16.

:golfclap:

Wait! Get out! Just get the gently caress out. Now. And don't you come back here.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Holy poo poo that DK1 resolution almost makes me feel sick just looking at a monitor.

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

D_Smart posted:

What did she expect? She accused him of corporate espionage, that's so mind boggling retarded and hilarious it beggars belief. Not to mention she hosed him over, so what incentive does he have to keep it private? Does she really think everyone is a deluded cultist or something?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

G0RF posted:

Sounds like it's time for another employee purge, Sandi!

Well, unless she's going to quit, this one's all on her

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
Am I too late to add this regarding birds in SC

Only registered members can see post attachments!

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

D_Smart posted:

It gives me a warm feeling inside to think that she was genuinely surprised someone would post her insane emails on the internet. That she wrote what she did because she never expected it to go public.

Welcome to the internet Sandi.

D_Smart posted:

I would advise against it. Aside from the fact that it would be a LOT of work to edit 50+ pages to remove header information. And just doing a copy pasta is going to ruin the integrity of the data as it can then be easily manipulated. Maybe export to PDF, then run OCR on it? I think Foxit PDF does that.

Derek we've still got the jpegs and Beer has the originals so I don't think we need to worry about manipulation. Also it'd be pretty loving hard to make it say anything worse, Sandi does a fine job on her own.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
Step right up to see this next one ladies and gentlemen, truly the wonders of the 'verse never cease. It is sure to :gonk: and :stonk: you. I have titled it :yikes: Brought to you by SCforum member Zealot:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/310241/the-sickening-and-heartbreaking-truths-of-the-fourth-stimpire

"Sexual stimulation in any way within the grounds of the Fourth Stimpire is strictly prohibited, and anyone detected even touching their sexual organs will be subjected to a penectomy or if the offender was a female, they would then have a razor inserted into their ovaries. They would pump a blue solution into the womb until the stitchings burst. Offenders would also be forced to show their operated areas in public, and they would always harass and punch them to a pulp, against their will."

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

If there is no Dog, everything is permitted

What is up with the persistence? None of the resolutions really bother me, but the persistence is nauseating.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
What are the Sandi letters that I keep seeing referenced? Anybody have a link?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Dapper Dan posted:

What did she expect? She accused him of corporate espionage, that's so mind boggling retarded and hilarious it beggars belief. Not to mention she hosed him over, so what incentive does he have to keep it private? Does she really think everyone is a deluded cultist or something?

She's just pissed she couldn't convince a majority of the office voting block to let beer back

it's their fault you see

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

alphabettitouretti posted:

Derek we've still got the jpegs and Beer has the originals so I don't think we need to worry about manipulation. Also it'd be pretty loving hard to make it say anything worse, Sandi does a fine job on her own.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Holy poo poo that DK1 resolution almost makes me feel sick just looking at a monitor.

Yeah those were dark days :lol:

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Bait and Swatch posted:

"Sexual stimulation in any way within the grounds of the Fourth Stimpire is strictly prohibited, and anyone detected even touching their sexual organs will be subjected to a penectomy or if the offender was a female, they would then have a razor inserted into their ovaries. They would pump a blue solution into the womb until the stitchings burst. Offenders would also be forced to show their operated areas in public, and they would always harass and punch them to a pulp, against their will."

:stare:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Lowtax posted:

What are they? We just don't know

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

alphabettitouretti posted:

Good points.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Dogstoyevsky posted:

What is up with the persistence? None of the resolutions really bother me, but the persistence is nauseating.

Yeah it's no where near that bad in reality, they kind of over did it on that site.
In fact, it's not even really a thing at all

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Lowtax posted:

that's a blackbird hide it from sandi

empathe
Nov 9, 2003

>:|

Bait and Swatch posted:

Step right up to see this next one ladies and gentlemen, truly the wonders of the 'verse never cease. It is sure to :gonk: and :stonk: you. I have titled it :yikes: Brought to you by SCforum member Zealot:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/310241/the-sickening-and-heartbreaking-truths-of-the-fourth-stimpire

Things were so much better in the Third Stimpire but its really gone to poo poo.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Bait and Swatch posted:

:captainpop:

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

that's a blackbird hide it from sandi

Lmao

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Sickening posted:

What are the Sandi letters that I keep seeing referenced? Anybody have a link?

http://imgur.com/a/BIlWu

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Sometimes I like to take a step back and picture this game as the epic battle between Sandi and Derek's raging egos

The 'Verse is just not big enough for both of them

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Bait and Swatch posted:

Please don't spoil the new Star Wars movie in this thread.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Holy poo poo, me too. I might be spending too much time here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Bait and Swatch posted:

As long as this poster isn't colluding with Derek Smart Esq., I don't see the problem here. You have to keep things in perspective.

• Locked thread