Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

peter gabriel posted:

Just talking to a mate of mine who has spent a year making a VR game, he is loving destroyed.
£520 :lol:

peter gabriel posted:

I've had these since DK1 days, so I've had years of owning them now.
Everyone, and I do mean everyone really wants one after trying it, but no one, and I do mean, no one has ever bought one that I know after trying it.
These things need to be hung up in Walmart for $150 for them to become mega popular. They need to be seen as just another peripheral instead of some second coming of Christ.
$600, nope not gonna happen.

I saw it coming because I've been watching Facebook's positioning on this, but I'm still disappointed. Two bundled games announced in the last week, and they gave a free one to all of the original kickstarter backers- but in the end none of that matters. Nobody's going to make games exclusively for what is effectively a new type of monitor that costs twice as much as a console and still requires you to have a full price computer to use it. And you don't even get the controllers! This is really going to damage VR adoption, and by extension, VR developers. gently caress you Facebook, and gently caress you Palmer for selling to Facebook.

The only hope now is that the Vive blows Oculus out of the water. I bought a DK1 and DK2 and loved both of them, but they've totally scuppered any brand loyalty I might have felt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DigitalMocking
Jun 8, 2010

Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy.
Benjamin Franklin

Bait and Swatch posted:

Step right up to see this next one ladies and gentlemen, truly the wonders of the 'verse never cease. It is sure to :gonk: and :stonk: you. I have titled it :yikes: Brought to you by SCforum member Zealot:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/310241/the-sickening-and-heartbreaking-truths-of-the-fourth-stimpire

"Sexual stimulation in any way within the grounds of the Fourth Stimpire is strictly prohibited, and anyone detected even touching their sexual organs will be subjected to a penectomy or if the offender was a female, they would then have a razor inserted into their ovaries. They would pump a blue solution into the womb until the stitchings burst. Offenders would also be forced to show their operated areas in public, and they would always harass and punch them to a pulp, against their will."

These people are worse than otherkin.

I never thought I'd utter that sentence.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Bait and Swatch posted:

Step right up to see this next one ladies and gentlemen, truly the wonders of the 'verse never cease. It is sure to :gonk: and :stonk: you. I have titled it :yikes: Brought to you by SCforum member Zealot:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/310241/the-sickening-and-heartbreaking-truths-of-the-fourth-stimpire

"Sexual stimulation in any way within the grounds of the Fourth Stimpire is strictly prohibited, and anyone detected even touching their sexual organs will be subjected to a penectomy or if the offender was a female, they would then have a razor inserted into their ovaries. They would pump a blue solution into the womb until the stitchings burst. Offenders would also be forced to show their operated areas in public, and they would always harass and punch them to a pulp, against their will."

Wow that's bad.

Have you got the link to the one where Ben is the horrible overlord raping people to death while eating bacon wrapped turkeys?

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015
Does anyone happen to have the pictures of that guy that built a constellation cockpit in his home at hand by any chance?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Bait and Swatch posted:

Dick pulp guy: good and cool
Beer: permabanned

Salt n Reba McEntire
Nov 14, 2000

Kuparp.
Seems like a Venn diagram of deviants, rapists and Citizens doesn't need a lot of different coloured pens.

D_Smart posted:

Wait! Get out! Just get the gently caress out. Now. And don't you come back here.

Oi, rude. What'd I do?

E: Oh, I'm a numpty who's bad at reading. S-senpai!

Salt n Reba McEntire fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Jan 6, 2016

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Sarsapariller posted:

I saw it coming because I've been watching Facebook's positioning on this, but I'm still disappointed. Two bundled games announced in the last week, and they gave a free one to all of the original kickstarter backers- but in the end none of that matters. Nobody's going to make games exclusively for what is effectively a new type of monitor that costs twice as much as a console and still requires you to have a full price computer to use it. And you don't even get the controllers! This is really going to damage VR adoption, and by extension, VR developers. gently caress you Facebook, and gently caress you Palmer for selling to Facebook.

The only hope now is that the Vive blows Oculus out of the water. I bought a DK1 and DK2 and loved both of them, but they've totally scuppered any brand loyalty I might have felt.

Don't forget that you have to have double the graphics processing power to fully utilize the Oculus, since it has to render it's visuals as two screens.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Sarsapariller posted:

There's also the standard caveat: in spite of the dev kits and the long development, it's still first-generation hardware. Buying gen1 hardware is rarely a good idea. Let the heatseekers take the first blow, buy gen2 when the kinks have been worked out and the competition has had time to… well… compete.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

OWLS! posted:

OUTPOSTED BY DEREKSMARTED.

New thread title right there :golfclap:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

D_Smart posted:

I was actually on two phone calls yesterday in which we were discussing that very premise. However, if that was the case, she could have easily overturned the forum ban and somehow declared it a win if Beer (who was so polite in his exchange, I simply couldn't stop laughing. Because, seriously, all I kept thinking was him just playing her like a goddamn fiddle) thanked her, said some shockingly nice things in his closing email.

So no, I don't think that's it because she had to know that refusing to reverse the ban wouldn't achieve that goal.

Right off the bat, she knew who Beer was when she became aware that it was him in the exchange. So I simply have no clue what her motivation was. Notice how did disappeared (6 days) after she had finished with her diatribe. Her equivalent of a [rude] mic drop.

So this exchange was quite possibly a way for her to vent; and in a manner that she couldn't do before. Naturally, not being a very smart person, it backfired. Spectacularly. And we get all the LOLs.

I am hearing (this morning) that yesterday wasn't a good day in the office once she got wind (someone supposedly told her about my tweet) that Beer had made the exchange public.

That's actually a good point. Maybe she is also just so inept she thought she could win Beer back over without actually letting him back in the club.

Either way I don't know what the hell she thought was going to happen. You can't have a meltdown like that at a customer and not have it come back to bite you.

I hope she was so upset about the emails being posted that she called it an "invasion of privacy" because that would be very funny to me.

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Interesting choice of words from Eurogamer.

"The 50 most exciting games of 2016"

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

The Shitizens are also displeased with the cost of the Rift.

$2500 jpeg of a spaceship? Fine. $600 actual physical product? Bad.

They'd better get used to asking the question "what happened to the money".

Otto Xander
Dec 5, 2013
Back in November I got a refund for $175 out of the $195 that I put into this crap game. The process took about 4 weeks, mostly just waiting for customer support to respond to my emails. I figure the last $20 will be too much :effort: to get back.

Anyway I wanted to thank Derek Smart for making it possible. I gave the refund money to my brother-in-law who had his laptop stolen and that's how Derek saved Christmas. Also you're a funny man to read on the internet. Cheers!

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Rift would be €700, about $750 plus shipping for me

Holy poo poo

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Sarsapariller posted:

Can you imagine if Vive comes out, with room scale support, VR controllers bundled, a passthrough camera, and cheaper than Rift? loving LMAO

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

KiddieGrinder posted:

Interesting choice of words from Eurogamer.

"The 50 most exciting games of 2016"

I cannot take a list like that seriously. No Homeworld? GTFO.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
I think Sandi was still really hurt by Beer's statement about SC backers potentially killing themselves and how that would be on Sandi's shoulders, and she's basically been waiting for an opportunity to tell him off ever since. It must suck when the people you want to be nasty to aren't CIG employees so you have to retain some measure of civility.

Otto Xander
Dec 5, 2013
What I'm saying is that Goons and Derek are cool and good.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Otto Xander posted:

What I'm saying is that Goons and Derek are cool and good.

You've finally taken this thread too far. I'm outraged and disgusted!

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Chris Roberts raped my wallet

Who do I call

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Rift would be €700, about $750 plus shipping for me

Holy poo poo

Aren't you paying customs on the price including the delivery in Swedenland? It's (600 euroes + deliver) * vat + whatever your dear customs office decides to charge as the handling fee. Over here in Norway this would be around 820 euroes :)

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

A Neurotic Jew posted:

I think Sandi was still really hurt by Beer's statement about SC backers potentially killing themselves and how that would be on Sandi's shoulders

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

god drat i have almost 500 posts in this thread

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

spacetoaster posted:

Wow that's bad.

Have you got the link to the one where Ben is the horrible overlord raping people to death while eating bacon wrapped turkeys?

Not yet. That one gets worse, I stopped at a paragraph that started describing vivisection in detail.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Iglocska posted:

Aren't you paying customs on the price including the delivery in Swedenland? It's (600 euroes + deliver) * vat + whatever your dear customs office decides to charge as the handling fee. Over here in Norway this would be around 820 euroes :)

Well, that's only fair. You have to be punished for 1814 and all that oil money somehow. :colbert:

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Tippis posted:

Well, that's only fair. You have to be punished for 1814 and all that oil money somehow. :colbert:

Fair enough.

By the way I just checked, I was wrong. It's 700 euroes + delivery... Putting the final price at around 950 euroes. Wow!

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Iglocska posted:

I cannot take a list like that seriously. No Homeworld? GTFO.
You mean the one that used to be called "Hardware: Shipbreakers" and had a really interesting premise, but was bought out by Gearbox and changed to be a Homeworld prequel (instead of just having a similar art style because some of the same artists/devs worked on HW)?

Yeah, I can see why it isn't one of the most "exciting" games of 2016.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Bait and Swatch posted:

Not yet. That one gets worse, I stopped at a paragraph that started describing vivisection in detail.

Star Citizen: Ready on the bridge, Commander Dolcett!

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

im glad SA found a new organization to feud with. just like old times. if only the Warrior could see this

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
Some Twitter users who have tweeted nothing but pro-SC and anti-Smart stuff were apparently trying to troll me but eventually gave up and stopped replying to me when I made it clear that I sincerely did not care

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Lowtax posted:

Some Twitter users who have tweeted nothing but pro-SC and anti-Smart stuff were apparently trying to troll me but eventually gave up and stopped replying to me when I made it clear that I sincerely did not care

nothing he said was wrong tho

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Bait and Swatch posted:

Nononnononnononononnnonononononononononono :cripes: x1000000

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Lol bad 4chan clone

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lowtax posted:

im posting on a bad 4chan clone

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Lowtax posted:

wait did he say he was blocking you unironically? :psyduck:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Iglocska posted:

Nah, while VAT is 25% over here, we don't pay customs for things ordered within the EU. So they wouldn't be able to charge much more for it even if they wanted, since people would just order it from the UK or something.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Romes128 posted:

nothing he said was wrong tho

You son of a bitch

I ought to ban you for making this community so toxic with your hateful rhetoric

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Lowtax posted:

#toopussytofacereality and #gay

I really love twitter. Its just amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Ash1138 posted:

You mean the one that used to be called "Hardware: Shipbreakers" and had a really interesting premise, but was bought out by Gearbox and changed to be a Homeworld prequel (instead of just having a similar art style because some of the same artists/devs worked on HW)?

Yeah, I can see why it isn't one of the most "exciting" games of 2016.

What? It was always going to be a spiritual successor to the games, even during the shipbreaker times but they didn't have the license - Gearbox went ahead and acquired it for them. Am I missing something in the story and should I not be counting down the hours until it's out on the 20th? :(

• Locked thread