Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Because he gives them erections so large they are clearly visible through otherwise baggy pants? Because they all have unnatural desires for masculine power, represented here by someone who put their packer in backwards? What the hell is going on with that crotch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

alnilam posted:

10 um
Why did baby new year dump pea soup all over?

Pea soup? I'm wondering why he vomited in his diaper.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

I mean really, what are bullet holes gonna do that the creases, tears, and yellowing haven't done already?

Samurai Sanders posted:

I can't believe I am any dignifying this with a question, but has Trump yet talked at all about how he plans to identify Muslims? And don't say "if they have brown skin" unless that's actually what he said.

He'll get the Best Guys to work on it.

Best. Guys.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

alnilam posted:

4 :rolleye:
:psyduck:
The proper (barely) equivalent in this case would be the nuke itself, so actually even from an opposition standpoint, liberals are at least being consistent: restricting Iran's access to nukes, restricting people's access to guns

Remember, the conservative stance on the Iran deal is that its literal text is "here, have a bunch of nukes, just take ours and do whatever with them, I don't care, also I certify that I am a big dumb butthead who loves to smell farts"

that's why The Left is making that idiotic argument that no one has ever actually used in panel 1

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

prefect posted:

Did this guy used to be the cartoonist for Hustler, or am I misremembering? (Yes, yes, trap sprung et cetera.)

Yeah, he used to draw for Hustler. Dan Collins.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

He really shouldn't have sat on that mud.

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Capt. Sticl posted:

It beings, somewhat blandly.

I always thought Breen was a conservative, but I guess he's kind of more of a guy who... I don't know, I guess there's probably a lot of people in America who think like him. He actually kind of seems to have the political opinions of your average person who pays no attention to politics.

Bush sucks

Black lives unironically matter

Hippie punching

Be nice to animals

loving ACLU

DEBT (he's really into DEBT)

If kids are less fat then why some gizmo?

The most trite American political opinion possible

This prediction has not come true, surprisingly

Only Christians suffer at the hands of ISIS

And, of course, the most well-remembered Breen cartoon around these parts:

(Sorry for some of them being small)

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?
Ugh. That last one makes my blood boil. Even if we take as granted that the past several military actions have had anything at all to do with the protection of freedom, not saying the pledge counts as freedom of speech! And shaming children for a legitimate and perfectly reasonable act of political speech makes you a terrible teacher. gently caress.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Quorum posted:

Ugh. That last one makes my blood boil. Even if we take as granted that the past several military actions have had anything at all to do with the protection of freedom, not saying the pledge counts as freedom of speech! And shaming children for a legitimate and perfectly reasonable act of political speech makes you a terrible teacher. gently caress.

http://www.theonion.com/article/man-who-fought-for-americans-rights-demands-americ-528

quote:

"As someone who risked his life for this country, I am infuriated when I see protesters exercising their First Amendment rights by burning the U.S. flag," Macallum told legislators during a Senate debate over a proposed anti-flag-burning amendment. "I didn't fight the Japanese at Midway to save democracy for a bunch of long-haired jerks who want to freely express their views."

"I love the Constitution, and I nearly lost my life defending it," Macallum added. "That's why it angers me so much to see malcontents exploiting it for their own purposes."

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Well, yeah, gun nuts are suckered into buying a shitload of gear because of their fear of Obama. Thanks for pointing that out, Branco.

quote:

4 :rolleye:

Good Lord is Mike Lester dense. Does he actually know any liberals?

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Wait a second, I thought The Onion was a satire site?

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

D.N. Nation posted:

Good Lord is Mike Lester dense. Does he actually know any liberals?

And does he actually believe that the Iran deal is, as conservatives have framed it, Obama giving the Ayatollah a gift basket of shampoo, bath salts and nuclear weapons? I can't wait to see how far from reality conservatives get in this election year. I bet they'll find interpretations of the facts that are, somehow, more wrong than "opposite of reality".

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Mellow Seas posted:

And does he actually believe that the Iran deal is, as conservatives have framed it, Obama giving the Ayatollah a gift basket of shampoo, bath salts and nuclear weapons?

Yes.

The conservative bubble maintains its own private truth

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

It was before 2008.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

I hope cartoonists will keep on harping on this until all the spineless racists die of shame.

colonel_korn posted:

8 Cross-dressing Richard Nixon disapproves
11 :corsair:

looking like a fool

Mellow Seas posted:

Before Bush tarnished America's good name with his stupid war in Iraq, no kid would even have the idea of not standing up for the pledge. It is thanks to this veteran's selfless act in bringing eternal shame on the USA that refusing to stand up for the pledge is now possible, and necessary. AGC.

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

zoux posted:

It was before 2008.

It stopped in 2001

http://www.theonion.com/article/bush-our-long-national-nightmare-of-peace-and-pros-464

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

It's too bad Obama is doing politics and overreaching instead of committing gun violence

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Cat Mattress posted:

Before Bush tarnished America's good name with his stupid war in Iraq, no kid would even have the idea of not standing up for the pledge. It is thanks to this veteran's selfless act in bringing eternal shame on the USA that refusing to stand up for the pledge is now possible, and necessary. AGC.

Someone hasn't heard of West Virginia State Board of Education v. Barnette. :smuggo:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

colonel_korn posted:

1 Jesus Christ :wrongful:

So just to be clear this is literally "don't vote for black people or women they don't know what they're doing, only trust in the white man who know better for them." I mean that is the intended unarguable message of this particular piece.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

ImpAtom posted:

So just to be clear this is literally "don't vote for black people or women they don't know what they're doing, only trust in the white man who know better for them." I mean that is the intended unarguable message of this particular piece.

No, what he's saying is 'politicians all suck, start the revolution and chop off some heads! I'll let you bask at my brilliance as I draw cartoons for the revolution and the following enlightened society you build'

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

This is real good

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Mellow Seas posted:

Black lives unironically matter

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Mellow Seas posted:

Only Christians suffer at the hands of ISIS

All those white Iraqi Christians

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

It is, but we live on a satirical world. Somewhere there's a parallel universe where the Republicans are only slightly crazy, and they look at our universe to mock them.

prefect posted:

Someone hasn't heard of West Virginia State Board of Education v. Barnette. :smuggo:

You mean that veteran then did not lose his legs to defend any sort of right of the American citizens? But then it means the cartoonist was dumb and trite instead of insightful and poignant!

Is the black guy's speech supposed to be as bad as the white guy's?

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda

Mellow Seas posted:

If kids are less fat then why some gizmo?

Kid sitting on a gray beanbag or kid with pathological steatopygia?

quote:

I want to do a cartoon about how Obama is aiming for a target using some kind of metaphorical projectile that is shooting out a statement.
Oh, And the topic is gun violence. [...thinks...] I know. BOW AND ARROW!

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Cat Mattress posted:

Is the black guy's speech supposed to be as bad as the white guy's?

Yes. Because the people doing this immediately decontextualize that the people being insulted on the left are now corpses and the people being insulted on the right are extremely unlucky if they even see a defendant's chair. Decontextualize everything, and you too can find that both sides are bad and reach true centrism enlightenment.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

I'm sure that after years of being used as a weapon overseas by his country's government, that soldier appreciates coming come so he can be used as a weapon by his country's citizens.

inkblot
Feb 22, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ah yes, the side that murders unarmed children, and then has their buddies in the justice system get them off scot-free is pretty much the same as the side that posted a picture of themselves giving the camera the middle finger on Facebook. Both sides are equally at fault here, I see that now. :jerkbag:

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Call an international humanitarian NGO because he is torturing that metaphor.

EDIT

Ok maybe it's not a metaphor upon further thought but whatever it is it really sucks rear end

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009

ikanreed posted:

Yes. Because the people doing this immediately decontextualize that the people being insulted on the left are now corpses and the people being insulted on the right are extremely unlucky if they even see a defendant's chair. Decontextualize everything, and you too can find that both sides are bad and reach true centrism enlightenment.

This sums up why I usually hate moderate or centrist positions. They act enlightened in their neutrality on issues while ignoring everything that makes them a very one-sided issue, like cops gunning down young, unarmed black men somehow being "Well really, both are kind of wrong if you think about it".

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009
E:sorry, double post

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

These free-thinking patriots have already proved resistant to the liberal lamestream media's lies, so of course they'd be immune to alien mind control. A Freedom Cartoon.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

"When will the United States of America confront its centuries-long history of systemic disenfranchisement of police officers," asked an adult human being in all earnestness

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Mellow Seas posted:

Embrace your interior spartan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_urWSSZgwU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

I agree that TV news is no place to have any kind of conversation.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

So what you're saying is that Fairrington changed his name to Breen?

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Rorus Raz posted:

So what you're saying is that Fairrington changed his name to Breen?

It was his Plan B.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Bad news, God has nukes. Thanks, Obama

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
"Unless you're a fag, or not subservient to your husband."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
Looks like Adam is toking up again.