Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
De Nomolos
Jan 17, 2007

TV rots your brain like it's crack cocaine
Looking for a cartoon from the early part of our nation's history that I've either seen here or elsewhere online. I'm showing my wife how politoons used to be even worse on text.

There's two guys arguing or fighting, possibly Jefferson or Adams, and George Washington's angelic head is appearing in the clouds and has a text bubble that's a full paragraph or so long. Like, a long paragraph.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrowsNestMutineer
Mar 9, 2009

* Juciano makes the best damned Caesar dressing I've ever tasted in my life.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
He... He actually drew a whole cartoon! :captainpop:

Oh, wait, that's not Tom Tomorrow but the other guy who does actually draw regularly but is otherwise practically identical. NM.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
[b]BUNNIES ARE CUTE BUT DEADLY/b]
Are we sure McFadden isn't a pseudonym for the Tom tomorrow guy?

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

bunnyofdoom posted:

Are we sure McFadden isn't a pseudonym for the Tom tomorrow guy?

The panels aren't more than 60% text, so probably not.

bitey
Jul 13, 2003

Tell the truth and run.

Kakairo posted:

Such a shame that name took off instead of Vanilla Isis.

I like Yokel Haram and Al Shabillybob.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

Ben Garrison walks into his mother's living room, where she is busy watching television she has recorded.

Ben is smiling brightly, with his hands held behind his back. He's got a surprise!

Mrs. Garrison takes off her glasses and smiles warmly at her son. "Ben, dear - what have you got behind your back?"

Ben blushes. "It's a surprise, mama. A surprise for you."

Mrs. Garrison smiles all the more brightly. "A surprise for me?"

Ben nods, and blushes. He looks down at the plush carpet. He's been planning this for weeks and the excitement is almost too much to bear.

Mrs. Garrison chuckles softly and readjusts herself on her leather couch. "Well come on, Ben. Whatcha got for me?"

Ben looks back up at his mother, his sweet, supportive mother, and waits just a moment. Then in one sudden motion, he suddenly produces an elaborate cartoon drawn on fine cardstock.

Mrs. Garrison feigns mock surprise. "A drawing, Ben? For me?"

Ben nods enthusiastically. Well, maybe not entirely for her, but he wouldn't dream of not showing his mother one of his painstaking creations. Besides - to whom else could he point out all the little details he made, and who would praise him for them?

"Well let me see it, Ben!" Mrs. Garrison beckons him gamely, still smiling wide, always willing to indulge her child.

Ben tries to hesitate, even for just an instant - but he's far too excited. He tromps over to his wonderful mother, hand outstretched and ready to deliver his cartoon.

Gingerly, Mrs. Garrison takes it. As she puts her glasses back on, she says "Well now! Let's see what Mr. Ben has gotten up to today."

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Internet Webguy posted:

He... He actually drew a whole cartoon! :captainpop:

Oh, wait, that's not Tom Tomorrow but the other guy who does actually draw regularly but is otherwise practically identical. NM.

Whaddayamean identical? You can always tell a McFadden by how everyone looks like they're made of crumpled tissues.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Kinda going against the grain by giving the SJW a rack, to be honest.

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx
Jeb's message in a bottle got a chuckle out of me

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

memy posted:

Jeb's message in a bottle got a chuckle out of me

it really should have been "help - JEB!!"

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

bitey posted:

I like Yokel Haram and Al Shabillybob.

I've been using Y'all Qaeda but a friend of mine chimed in with NattyISIS the other day and I think I prefer that one. :v:

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

TheKennedys posted:

I've been using Y'all Qaeda but a friend of mine chimed in with NattyISIS the other day and I think I prefer that one. :v:

They all have problems. The problem with "Y'all Qaeda" is that plenty of non-assholes say y'all, it's just a regional thing that happens to apply to regions with a slightly higher rear end in a top hat density than elsewhere. "Vanilla ISIS" is very funny, as it references their whiteness, but it's also referencing a guy who was more or less a one hit wonder, 25 years ago, and has been kind of a nostalgic joke/reality TV hanger-on since. "Natty ISIS" is also funny - but it's more of a general redneck pun, when these Bundy guys are actually very wealthy and drinking Coors Light at the very least. And probably better to stay away from classism anyway, isn't it?

Y'all Qaeda still in the lead, IMO.

Mellow Seas fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Jan 6, 2016

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Epithets are, by definition, always going to be unfairly broad because it's stereotyping. By the time you get specific enough to not catch anyone who doesn't deserve it, you're just describing specifically those people in Oregon specifically occupying that piece of land, etc.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Mellow Seas posted:

They all have problems. The problem with "Y'all Qaeda" is that plenty of non-assholes say y'all, it's just a regional thing that happens to apply to regions with a slightly higher rear end in a top hat density than elsewhere. "Vanilla ISIS" is very funny, as it references their whiteness, but it's also referencing a guy who was more or less a one hit wonder, 25 years ago, and has been kind of a nostalgic joke/reality TV hanger-on since. "Natty ISIS" is also funny - but it's more of a general redneck pun, when these Bundy guys are actually very wealthy and drinking Coors Light at the very least. And probably better to stay away from classism anyway, isn't it?

Y'all Qaeda still in the lead, IMO.

They want to implement Shania Law

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Yokel Haram is the best, sorry

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

They want to implement Shania Law
:golfclap:

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

The Worldwide Deadly Gangster Communist President

Once sensible gun regulations are in place, Obama will no longer be able to obtain a gun to shoot the constitution with. A good cartoon.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Eagerly awaiting the pants donkey edit

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
The second amendment is destroying American values. A Guncontrol Cartoon (AGC).

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Huh, I didn't think we were getting any Splatoon DLC this week.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I'm sort of dreading how spiteful cartoonists will be over Crying Obama

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I may disagree with the opinions, but I actually kind of love the art in this. Just take away the labels and it could be a promo picture for an adult swim cartoon! Look at these kooky characters: The punk rock mermaid, the fishing cowboy with his bull dog sidekick, the creepy whale with a human face, What sort of hi-jinks will they get into this week? :3:

On the other hand, these two are just lazy bullshit.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Wouldn't have expected Tinsley to take a direct shot at Rorus like this

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Well, we have an early winner for 2016's "Most Easily Reinterpreted" Gay Abortion.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Double Bad Reporter because I forgot to post the one on New Year.

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.

Echeveria coli isn't a virus either, dumbshit.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Tei posted:

I personaly like the Sardinia flag with 4 severed head of islamics guys.

Something about some Aragorn king killing muslim invaders and having a after-trough "you know that, this would be a cool flag".

Someone talking about moor's heads? you just triggered my Corsican alarm :siren:

one head is better :colbert:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

If only there was a way to... uhhh... control..... Wormbama's access to guns. Some method to make it more difficult (but not impossible!) to get guns.

Ah well, a man can dream. A man can dream.

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Now it's been 17 summers since I've seen my mother

But every night I see her smile inside my dreams

cram me sideways posted:

Ben Garrison walks into his mother's living room, where she is busy watching television she has recorded.

Ben is smiling brightly, with his hands held behind his back. He's got a surprise!

Mrs. Garrison takes off her glasses and smiles warmly at her son. "Ben, dear - what have you got behind your back?"

Ben blushes. "It's a surprise, mama. A surprise for you."

Mrs. Garrison smiles all the more brightly. "A surprise for me?"

Ben nods, and blushes. He looks down at the plush carpet. He's been planning this for weeks and the excitement is almost too much to bear.

Mrs. Garrison chuckles softly and readjusts herself on her leather couch. "Well come on, Ben. Whatcha got for me?"

Ben looks back up at his mother, his sweet, supportive mother, and waits just a moment. Then in one sudden motion, he suddenly produces an elaborate cartoon drawn on fine cardstock.

Mrs. Garrison feigns mock surprise. "A drawing, Ben? For me?"

Ben nods enthusiastically. Well, maybe not entirely for her, but he wouldn't dream of not showing his mother one of his painstaking creations. Besides - to whom else could he point out all the little details he made, and who would praise him for them?

"Well let me see it, Ben!" Mrs. Garrison beckons him gamely, still smiling wide, always willing to indulge her child.

Ben tries to hesitate, even for just an instant - but he's far too excited. He tromps over to his wonderful mother, hand outstretched and ready to deliver his cartoon.

Gingerly, Mrs. Garrison takes it. As she puts her glasses back on, she says "Well now! Let's see what Mr. Ben has gotten up to today."

Oh Christ, it's Lucille and Buster Bluth

Why does Obama have a gun made from a giant cylindrical bike lock

Armani fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Jan 6, 2016

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

So... Hillary's gonna win, then?

Capt. Sticl
Jul 24, 2002

In Zion I was meant to be
'Doze the homes
Block the sea
With this great ship at my command
I'll plunder all the Promised Land!

Hitler B. Natural posted:

Can't wait for the flowering of the "weeping Obama" meme in the next few days.

It beings, somewhat blandly.

Atahualpa
Aug 18, 2015

A lucky bird.

cheetah7071 posted:

Eagerly awaiting the pants donkey edit

Would have liked to give him one of those mug shot cue card things, but I had about 5 minutes and paint.net to work with, so... :effort:

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Raising Monarch butterflies from egg to first flight is one of my hobbies, has been since I was a young boy and learned they are endangered. I used to have as many as fifteen munching on leaves and pooping.

There was just one last year, this year there are none. :(

Oh dear, it's happening... more cartoons...

A Spectre Cartoon

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I can't believe I am any dignifying this with a question, but has Trump yet talked at all about how he plans to identify Muslims? And don't say "if they have brown skin" unless that's actually what he said.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Samurai Sanders posted:

I can't believe I am any dignifying this with a question, but has Trump yet talked at all about how he plans to identify Muslims? And don't say "if they have brown skin" unless that's actually what he said.

He dodged the question when pressed.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Jonas Albrecht posted:

He dodged the question when pressed.
Okay, thanks. After I wrote that I realized I was ready to believe that that's something he could say, since I am ready to believe any crazy loving thing about him now. Will his campaign culminate with bringing a Muslim Mexican man on stage and personally shooting him in front of his raging fans?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpGREpqP5Fs

I fully support women being able to breastfeed whenever without being harassed or ridiculed, it's a wonderful, natural thing to give of yourself to feed a baby. There needs to be etiquette so that my stupid rear end doesn't blunder into one. "Aww, that's such a nice baby, ma'am..." oh poo poo, time to walk away before I embarrass her more.

Samurai Sanders posted:

http://www.npr.org/2015/12/07/458836388/trump-calls-for-total-and-complete-shutdown-of-muslims-entering-u-s

No more Muslim immigrants and the ones we have need to be put into a database. I have a suggestion, make them wear the half moon on their shirt sleeves, a patch ...

• Locked thread