Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
So 100 dollar Grove's are a thing now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

Dungeon Ecology posted:

MODO is the least fun way to do this

Yeah but you should be kind and dab/vape because nobody likes a wizard that smells, no matter what the smell is.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Dungeon Ecology posted:

MODO is the least fun way to do this

we don't actually have a local game store to draft at any more and im not driving an hour on acid

also, im not drafting while high that would be a waste, i'll do it tommorow

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Elyv posted:

pauper is actually a pretty powerful format I think, would people even play a straight up 2U 3/3 flier?

It doesn't compare favorably to Stitched Drake or Spire Golem

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

this question isn't even really all that true, the eldrazi are still exiling things in this set pretty regularly it seems so processors will still be enabled

i mean yeah we haven't seen the commons yet maybe it's all at rare and thus bad but i don't think the concern is actually valid tbh

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

mcmagic posted:

So 100 dollar Grove's are a thing now?

Well there wasn't an expedition of it so it goes up, up UP!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Cactrot posted:

I don't really think that expeditions are a price control though. They sure haven't worked that way for fetches. This is just modern being dumb again.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

mcmagic posted:

I don't really think that expeditions are a price control though. They sure haven't worked that way for fetches. This is just modern being dumb again.

I'm not saying they are, but them not being reprinted as expeditions is like ringing a bell and letting every dumb speculator know that the price is either stable or too low.

MTG finance is a dumb thing.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
The price jump for Grove is very recent:

http://mtgstocks.com/cards/3392

The lows adhere to the previous average, it's most likely due to speculation on B&R and OGW.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

JerryLee posted:

Wow, that's the biggest anticlimax ever.

Traditional Games - Magic: The Gathering: wotc storytelling must give me a climax

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I only read Maro quotes placed on inspirational backgrounds.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

mcmagic posted:

yeah the expeditions were just a way to make sure people would buy packs in case the set was bad since it was rushed

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
also, i guess its a way of reprinting strip mine and wasteland to make legacy and vintage players think Wizards cares about them anymore

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

mandatory lesbian posted:

this question isn't even really all that true, the eldrazi are still exiling things in this set pretty regularly it seems so processors will still be enabled

i mean yeah we haven't seen the commons yet maybe it's all at rare and thus bad but i don't think the concern is actually valid tbh

I always found that I needed way less ingesters than I thought for processors to be worth running.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

yeah the expeditions were just a way to make sure people would buy packs in case the set was bad since it was rushed

Which turned out to be a great decision.

In case anyone was ever considering listening to my opinion on #mtgfinance, I held my Misty Rainforest EXP long enough for it to only sell for like $180 and its $300 now.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Bread Set Jettison posted:

I always found that I needed way less ingesters than I thought for processors to be worth running.

yeah most of them are passable even if you can't process, i like that about them

Deckit
Sep 1, 2012

Four Score posted:

Traditional Games - Magic: The Gathering: wotc storytelling must give me a climax

It was like, the biggest flame of her life.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

a hyuk a hyuk yeah ill fight them ther edlrazi if it means that people can live in freedom

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

Cactrot posted:

I'm going to put my set on eBay for 600 and see if anyone is dumb enough to buy them.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
That Processor deck seems okay, but it seems like it would just be better to play playsets of Eldrazi Temple, Eye of Ugin, Urborg Tomb of Yawgmoth and just drop a bunch of Eldrazi Mimics, Thought-Knot Seers and Reality Smashers, and then just run a bunch of cheap disruption and Paths.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Errant Gin Monks posted:

I'm going to put my set on eBay for 600 and see if anyone is dumb enough to buy them.

Are they foils?

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

I'm genuinely impressed they could make the Magic "plot" worse but boy oh boy they managed it.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Top Level Podcast's preview card is pretty cool; it's a 2cmc colorless instant that can counter a sorcery, make a Scion, or exile a 1-power/toughness creature.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Yeah it's basically Eldrazi Charm

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Angry Grimace posted:

Wizards just HATES hangerback walker, don't they.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
It's new name is Eldrazi Charm or maybe Kozilek's Charm

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
That charm is weird as hell.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Angry Grimace posted:

Neat

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Apparently Eldrazi have AT fields.

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.

Angry Grimace posted:

That Processor deck seems okay, but it seems like it would just be better to play playsets of Eldrazi Temple, Eye of Ugin, Urborg Tomb of Yawgmoth and just drop a bunch of Eldrazi Mimics, Thought-Knot Seers and Reality Smashers, and then just run a bunch of cheap disruption and Paths.

I think it's leaning that way right now - a lot of the blight herder/ramp tricks are going out the door in favor of being a stompy midrange deck full of black & white's best disruption.

I still don't think Eye or Urborg should be 4-ofs. You draw dead far too often.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I forget that Eldrazi Temple was an uncommon in MM15 lol.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

mcmagic posted:

Wizards just HATES hangerback walker, don't they.

lol if your hangarback isn't a 2/2 or better after turn 3

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.
I'm buying in to Reality Smasher so hard right now.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Yawgmoth posted:

lol if your hangarback isn't a 2/2 or better after turn 3

Hangerback was out of the format before this was even printed. This is just more splash damage that hits it.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Evangelion jokes aside, tron can find this with ancient stirrings and kill exarch or pestermite with it.

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully

Yeah Inflitrator is just weird, but hey 2 mana for 2 power, that's cool

Devoid Dissipate is meh but Dissipate was played back in Innistrad so who knows it may be played again, tho I think Scatter has better value usually

Also probably planning ahead as a hedge / way to interact with decks featuring possible graveyard stuff in Innistrad next set, which is when we had Dissipate.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Balon posted:

I'm buying in to Reality Smasher so hard right now.

At 5 bucks preorder? Meh. Even Siege Rhino wasn't worth that.

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.

mcmagic posted:

At 5 bucks preorder? Meh. Even Siege Rhino wasn't worth that.

Just got a playset for $3/ea at Card Kingdom!

e: They've already jacked the price up to $3.99 - I'm making money already!

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Angry Grimace posted:

Doesn't even need flavor text with art that bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

• Locked thread